http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 04:42:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [D&D 4th Ed.] Official GT Campaign Thread  (Read 58091 times)
Arnir
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2008, 03:49:06 PM »

Barring power failure or a freaky accident I should be there.  Ike is supposed to still be a level 1 hurricane by the time it hits my town but we've got a good infrastructure setup here.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »

yeah, I don't anticipate any problems, but everybody should check this thread around 1600 tomorrow to see if the game has been called on account of weather.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2008, 06:01:48 PM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on September 12, 2008, 05:17:59 PM

yeah, I don't anticipate any problems, but everybody should check this thread around 1600 tomorrow to see if the game has been called on account of weather.

Hmmm...if only I rolled up a Dragonborn with lightning breath... I could've put in something funny here.

Here's to hoping that everything goes well for playing tomorrow. Dungeons need exploring and creatures need smiting!

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2008, 08:05:25 PM »

Me too.  Fizzle has a new spell he wants to try out on Trevor... err... I mean... on the enemy!

Muffin?    icon_wink

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2008, 08:14:27 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 12, 2008, 08:05:25 PM

Me too.  Fizzle has a new spell he wants to try out on Trevor... err... I mean... on the enemy!

Muffin?    icon_wink

What we need is a 'summon courage' spell for him.  icon_lol

Heaven help us all if we decide to ever retreat. Rhakos will be the last out, even if he has to go kicking and screaming.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2008, 09:20:59 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 12, 2008, 08:14:27 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on September 12, 2008, 08:05:25 PM

Muffin?    icon_wink

What we need is a 'summon courage' spell for him.  icon_lol

Heaven help us all if we decide to ever retreat. Rhakos will be the last out, even if he has to go kicking and screaming.

And who do you think will have to drag him out?  Trevor.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 14, 2008, 12:39:29 AM »

Was fun tonight!  Thanks guys!

And we took Fatty prisoner.  Very nice!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: September 14, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »

Sorry for the short session, and thanks everyone for understanding.

Litte brother is doing fine. They think he probably "fractured a disc" and will be back to normal in 2-4 weeks. He's hobbling around with crutches and an immobilizer to that knee. By the time we left, he was checking out of the hospital and wanting to go eat sushi. :shrug:

Again, thanks for your understanding.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2008, 12:15:51 PM »

Good to hear, CS.

Fizzle cheers!!!!

icon_biggrin

LD

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »

Glad to hear that everything is okay, Crayola. As I said ingame - don't worry about it. Family always comes first.

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2008, 09:58:51 PM »

Glad to hear it, CS. 

IceBear
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 18, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on August 27, 2008, 09:52:42 PM

oh one more thing - does anyone know of a source for warlock powers besides the phb?  destructor (i may be wrong on this) it looks like you took a power not originally listed, and added later on - do i have any like this? preferably from somewhere that doesnt require subscription at this time?
Besides the Dragon Magazine article, there is a new set of Warlock powers (Dark Pact I think) in the Forgotten Realm's Player's Handbook that was released this week.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 18, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »

Besides the Dragon Magazine article, there is a new set of Warlock powers (Dark Pact I think) in the Forgotten Realm's Player's Handbook that was released this week.

ah THIS week!  im not sure if im going to grab it or not, but i definitely went to the game store a day or two ago to see if they had it and peruse for a bit

i was pretty surprised when i didnt see it and thought maybe she wouldnt carry it but this explains why - hmm seems like another pop in is in order just to check things out
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2008, 05:50:01 AM »

Well, if you hadn't guessed by now it looks like I can't play on these Saturdays.  I've been out cafe sketching and painting with some of the artists from local game studios Saturday nights.

That said, I'd like to make up for my absence by trying to paint some of your characters.  If you have good descriptions of your character, PM me.  Even you CS, if you wanted to have a character done.  My friends love drawing all kinds of stuff.
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2008, 08:21:46 AM »

How are you at painting guys on fire  icon_biggrin

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »

Fizzle in art form?

Holy Avandra!   I'd be willing to bet the whole group would want at least 5 of them to hang up in their homes!

"Fizzle Brittlebone - Archmage of the North"

LD

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: September 20, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 20, 2008, 11:40:24 AM

Fizzle in art form?

Holy Avandra!   I'd be willing to bet the whole group would want at least 5 of them to hang up in their homes!

"Fizzle Brittlebone - Archmage of the North"

Only if they can subtly work a series of low rolls into the background.  icon_twisted

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 22, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »

Quote from: Rich on September 20, 2008, 08:21:46 AM

How are you at painting guys on fire  icon_biggrin

He's Smokin'!

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 26, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »

When is our next session?

LD

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: September 26, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »

I've got it listed as tomorrow. Actually setting up a new router now to see if it fixes some connection issues we've been having at the house and all appears to be working well.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: September 26, 2008, 10:29:36 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 20, 2008, 05:50:01 AM

Well, if you hadn't guessed by now it looks like I can't play on these Saturdays.  I've been out cafe sketching and painting with some of the artists from local game studios Saturday nights.

That said, I'd like to make up for my absence by trying to paint some of your characters.  If you have good descriptions of your character, PM me.  Even you CS, if you wanted to have a character done.  My friends love drawing all kinds of stuff.

You know, I really should take you up on your offer. That would be cool.

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: September 27, 2008, 03:00:49 PM »

Quote from: Rich on August 30, 2008, 06:15:30 PM

I still haven't made up my mind yet on what to take for my feat but I'm thinking group tactics right now.  My utility power is shit basically and I only have the one choice on that front.

I'm guessing Tumble?

Couldn't tell if you were using "group tactics" as the name of a feat or in the general sense. Since I only see "Group Insight" as a Heroic tier feat, I'm gonna venture to guess general sense. So, what feat you want?

Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 27, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on September 27, 2008, 03:00:49 PM

Quote from: Rich on August 30, 2008, 06:15:30 PM

I still haven't made up my mind yet on what to take for my feat but I'm thinking group tactics right now.  My utility power is shit basically and I only have the one choice on that front.

I'm guessing Tumble?

Couldn't tell if you were using "group tactics" as the name of a feat or in the general sense. Since I only see "Group Insight" as a Heroic tier feat, I'm gonna venture to guess general sense. So, what feat you want?

I've been using Elven Accuracy or Precision I forget which one, one is a Racial bonus and the other is the feat that enhances it so I have both.

PS3 - PTCynic
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 06, 2008, 06:51:32 PM »

So, what happened?

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 06, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »

wow quite a few of us checking out the thread right now! hi crayola, aa!
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 06, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »

and to fill you in, we had a pretty intense fight against a large horde of zombies.  started off with us fleeing in terror as some traps destroyed our will to withstand the shambling hordes.  after a brief battle in a small room with the first couple of rotters, we made our way into a long corridor.  daroman flanked around the backside, while "you" (who was me) and rhakos held down the west passage and aa and i (the real me, not the trevor me) blocked up the east (im secretly a tank!).  fizzle lent some ranged support to the east with balgrom firing from downtown.  no one was ever in any serious danger, but the shear amount of zombage gave the whole thing a nice b-movie feel (aaaaah they keep coming!!!).  at the end of the day we prevailed and found the stairs down to the the lower recesses of the keep.  we then retreated to the storeroom / barracks area for a night of recuperation (and drinking!) before delving any deeper

and dont worry trevor, there were plenty of cries of "fear the flame" to go around - i think i would have done you proud
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: October 06, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »

Yeah, the zombies of doom weren't exactly the friendly type - they went grabbing to hold you in place, then smashed like a truck afterwards. But yes, it really was a B-movie moment (especially when we figured out how to do the lightsources - guys were coming right out of the darkness instead of just around corners).

IceBear
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »

BTW - the playtest version of the barbarian is up on the offical D&D homepage if you want to try it out.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2008, 07:02:30 PM »

wow that actually seems like a pretty cool one!  some good powers there, and the potential for a lot of damage in combat

i wasnt too thrilled about the artificer (i only read a little bit of it though - but i suppose if i didnt get that far that means it just wasnt for me huh?) but this one seems like something id want to give a shot

must... find... more... games!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2008, 07:23:37 PM »

Quote from: IceBear on October 07, 2008, 03:38:37 PM

BTW - the playtest version of the barbarian is up on the offical D&D homepage if you want to try it out.

I'll have to take a look at it once I get home from work. My Dragonborn Pally, while having done some cool things so far in his career, just feels like he's missing something.

IceBear
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 07, 2008, 07:28:37 PM »

I saw someone post that a 29th level barbarian could do something like 42d6 with a couple of attacks with a maul against the End Boss  icon_eek

I'm not sure if that's true as I don't really like studying the math too much as I find it makes me min/max and not roleplay, but that's what I saw in the forum discussion.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »

Well, 29th level is nearly deity status so that doesn't sound any worse than epic 3rd edition characters.
IceBear
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 07, 2008, 08:01:04 PM »

I agree, but from what they were saying that's the most anyone can do right now.  Mind you to do that, the barbarian was sacrificing his 29th level daily and his 25th level daily
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 07, 2008, 10:15:47 PM »

Quote from: IceBear on October 07, 2008, 08:01:04 PM

I agree, but from what they were saying that's the most anyone can do right now.  Mind you to do that, the barbarian was sacrificing his 29th level daily and his 25th level daily

And just imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth when he rolled a 1!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: October 08, 2008, 05:14:02 AM »

Dude. I love what the Barbarian looks like so far. Too bad I won't see it to completion anytime soon.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 08, 2008, 01:46:14 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 07, 2008, 07:23:37 PM

I'll have to take a look at it once I get home from work. My Dragonborn Pally, while having done some cool things so far in his career, just feels like he's missing something.

Really?  I like Rhakos a lot!  He's like the Batmobile: he charges into battle, puts up a wall of nie indestructible armor, and belches fire all over the place.  We wouldn't be doing nearly as well if we didn't have Rhakos and Trevor to command the front line. thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 08, 2008, 04:43:27 PM »

...not to mention Fizzle would probably be dead!

And I know how heartbroken that would make everyone!   icon_neutral

LD

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »

Is there any way that I can get involved with this campaign?  I've been itching to get me a D&D fix.  I will pick up the new players edition if I can get involved.  Thanks.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2008, 08:42:41 AM »

I'm going to say this group is pretty well maxed out but we've switched to an every other week thing more or less and I've been thinking about trying my hand at DM in the new Forgotten Realms module on Sundays on our regular game off weeks.  I have to figure out how Crayola does all the stuff he does with Maptool and I'd probably like to keep the party to 5 or under excluding myself as the DM and I do know of at least one other guy who would probably be up for it who isn't in the group now.  I don't want to commit to it yet as I haven't had time to mess with the creative part of maptool, if it does happen look for a November start time.

PS3 - PTCynic
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »

Making the maps is easy enough (just gotta draw them first - which can be the hard part actually), but I'll be damned if I know how Crayola makes interactive objects like that.

And while I'd love to join on a second game, Sundays just don't work for me (work until 6pm PST). So that'll at least free up my spot for somebody else to play.

Finally - yeah, I'll be leaving Rhakos as the Batmobile for now. What a strange image that conjures up...  icon_biggrin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: