http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:02:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [D&D 4th Ed.] Official GT Campaign 3: No Business Like Gnome Business  (Read 75237 times)
Doopri
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 15, 2012, 12:06:11 AM »

Wait and live wiping info and last played?  OMGZZZ teh intanetz is esplooodiiiin!!!
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 15, 2012, 12:08:40 AM »

Quote from: Doopri on March 15, 2012, 12:06:11 AM

Wait and live wiping info and last played?  OMGZZZ teh intanetz is esplooodiiiin!!!

Okay, okay.  You can hav cheesburgerz

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 15, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »

map server should be up now.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 15, 2012, 01:09:46 PM »

Great session last night, I feel like I was really able to settle down in to the character of Kriv.  Hopefully Cook hasn't been too traumatized by my intimidation...I look at Kriv's approach to "diplomacy" like that of a grizzled General who doesn't mince words.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 15, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »

"Once we have all of these bodies cleaned up, while we need to clean this temple, I am thinking we need to first finish securing the city to bring an end to the fighting and continued damage to the town."
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 16, 2012, 02:14:57 AM »

And our heroes hire an ogre cook and yell at some chimerae

2500 xp each
A smoke-damaged Temple of Tiamat

And the group can proceed how they'd like from here!

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1646 on: March 16, 2012, 03:24:14 AM »

Oh, a smoke-damaged Temple of Tiamat! I always wanted one of those! *stuffs it into the Bag of Holding* biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 16, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »

Winnish and AA have been updated on iPlay4e to reflect their decision to take items from the Vile Witherburn.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 17, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 16, 2012, 03:24:14 AM

Oh, a smoke-damaged Temple of Tiamat! I always wanted one of those! *stuffs it into the Bag of Holding* biggrin

"Don't forget to wrap it in paper first.  We don't want it rubbing up against the fort we got earlier and getting all scrateched."

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 20, 2012, 02:03:03 PM »

Kadnod, after cleaning up all of the bodies, are we able to see/hear any fighting nearby?
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: March 20, 2012, 09:30:30 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 20, 2012, 02:03:03 PM

Kadnod, after cleaning up all of the bodies, are we able to see/hear any fighting nearby?

No.  You can spot no signs of combat from your current location.  There are still plumes of smoke rising from where the docks should be, though.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 21, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »

"We should attend to the docks next, try and put out those fires."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1652 on: March 21, 2012, 03:35:30 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 21, 2012, 12:07:24 AM

"We should attend to the docks next, try and put out those fires."

"Agreed. Fort Scale would lose much of its capabilities if its docks were burned to the ground."

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 23, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »

A chill is in the wind as the party leaves the battered temple behind and make their way south-east to the docks.  The devastation they find is surprising.  Up to this point, most of Scaleport appeared to have weathered their unconventional siege relatively unharmed.  The docks district has not been so lucky. Here, smoldering warehouses and fallen bodies are the norm.  Legionnaires and other warriors number among dead, but a disturbing amount of slain townsfolk litter the street. Many of the corpses resemble so much melted candle-wax, undoubtedly victims of Witherburn's foul spew.

The group passes a small barracks as they near the city wall and the gate leading to the docks.  If any living remain inside, they offer no challenge.   The dock's massive gate lies shattered.  Beyond, the docks appear little better.  At it's height, they look as if they could have been home to a hundred ships.  Now, dozens of massive, still-moored vessels have half-sunk into the sea, taking huge chunks of pier with them.  Other ships are still aflame, bright torches on the water. 

What do you do?

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 23, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »

"So much devastation...why exactly where the minotaur considered your allies again?  We need to look for survivors, and put out the fires before more of the docks burn."

Kriv will check the barracks first for survivors.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 25, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 23, 2012, 01:30:22 PM

"So much devastation...why exactly where the minotaur considered your allies again?  We need to look for survivors, and put out the fires before more of the docks burn."

Kriv will check the barracks first for survivors.

Kriv finds nearly twenty people slain in the barracks.  Legionnaires, most killed before they could don their armor, along with a few servants and two minotaur.  A gray-haired warrior, impaled by a spear against a door, shows some faint signs of life.  Judinging by the severity and age of his wounds, though, you're not sure how he could live at all.  

Perception 20
Healing 21

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 25, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »

"Bilon, get in here...help me attend to this man.  His wounds are severe but perhaps with our combined efforts we can rescue him from the grasp of death."

Does Kriv believe that divine healing would close the wounds?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1657 on: March 25, 2012, 09:55:17 PM »

Jett looks amongst the devastation, astounded at the carnage visible no matter what direction he turned. He wonders to himself what the citizens' last seconds must've been like, before they were eradicated before the foul might of Witherburn.

He pauses for a moment as his thoughts turn towards their dragon 'friend' they let loose upon the Prepotency town to the North. The carnage he must've caused in comparison to what the multi-headed serpent did...

He then realizes that the rest of the group had moved on into a nearby barracks and upon hearing Kriv's voice, he moves in to assist how he could.

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 26, 2012, 03:50:03 AM »

Bilon will see what his medical skills can do for the wounded.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 26, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »

Also, does Kriv believe he can remove the spear without killing the old man?  Kriv is willing to spend a Lay on Hands to attempt to heal the man.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 27, 2012, 01:32:45 AM »

Kriv and Bilon think they could pull the spear out from the other side of the door and, with the help of some minor healing magics, save the man's life.   As a grim alternative, they also are relatively certain they could awaken him while he is still impaled.  Upon closer inspection, it looks as if someone attempted to use healing magics on the warrior after he was impaled, making it likely that he would survive such rough treatment.

Jett can't pin down exactly what sort of magics were used on the man, but he does sense some psionic power emanating from him.

Bilon - Heal 38
Kriv - Heal 34
Jett - Arcana 27

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:32 AM »

With Bilon's assistance, I will remove the spear from the other side of the door, and then use Lay on Hands to provide some divine healing for the man.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1662 on: March 27, 2012, 02:28:19 AM »

Jett looks grimly at the impaled soldier, muttering something under his breath about the merits of torture when he takes a closer look with his magical sight. "Psionics? Who or what has been using Psionics around here? It certainly wasn't Witherburn or its cronies."

He'll take another look around the chamber they're in as Kriv does his thing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:30:38 AM by Destructor » Logged

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 27, 2012, 04:17:23 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 27, 2012, 01:41:32 AM

With Bilon's assistance, I will remove the spear from the other side of the door, and then use Lay on Hands to provide some divine healing for the man.

Bilon will help.

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 28, 2012, 02:59:06 AM »

Kriv pulls the barbed spear through the man and Bilon catches him as he falls free.  Blood begins to gush from the wound, but Kriv quickly uses his divine abilities to close up the gaping hole as Bilon lowers the warrior to the floor.  He begins to cough and convulse, but only for a moment before settling down and lying quietly on the floor.  He appears to be out of immediate danger, but remains unconscious.

As the dwarf and the dragonborn tend to their charge, Jett inspects the room behind the door from which the man hung.  Detailed sea charts hang on the wall, though most have been slashed to threads.  A large desk lies overturned and scrolls and books are scattered everywhere.  Jett doesn't sense that any of these writings are magical, but finds a few items of interest.  One is a large book listing the ships that have come and gone to the city in the past 6 months.  Jett also finds a pile of wanted posters, and is surprised to find a crude etching of himself staring back at him.

"WANTED - THE GIANTKILLERS - FOR DESTRUCTION OF IMPERIAL PROPERTY, MURDER OF IMPERIAL OFFICERS AND LEGIONNAIRES, INTERFERING WITH THE HOLY PENANCE AND BLASPHEMY MOST FOUL-TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED PIECES OF PUREST GOLD FOR EACH BROUGHT BEFORE THE MAGISTRATE, DEAD OR ALIVE"

Beneath the description of the bounty are somewhat accurate portraits of WINNISH-BRIGAND, JETT-WARLOCK, BILON-ARCH HERETIC, RANGRIM-ABBERANT, THE GITH-ASSASIN, SERSHA-THIEF and ADARA-WITCH. 

Jett - Perception 23
Jett - Arcana 27

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: March 28, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »

I will continue to attend to the injured man.  Does he have any markings or identification on him?  Does he appear to be prepotency?
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 28, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »

"Wow.  They consider me not to be just a heretic, but an arch heretic?  Avandra would be proud."
I will help with the healing as needed.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1667 on: March 28, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »

Jett chuckles to himself over the thought of being branded a Warlock before he picks up the wanted posters and large book. He tucks the posters into his robe and the book under one arm as he returns to the crew. "It seems we've attracted some attention from up high as we all have a sizable bounty over our heads."

He pauses for a moment before he pulls the Monk's poster out of his robe and glances at it again. "That's what I thought," he mutters with a shake of his head. "They need a new transcriber."

He puts it away and finds a place nearby to start flipping through the book, focusing on the outgoing logs for now. As their Dragonborn teammate was part of a prisoner convoy, he's curious if there's a listing somewhere of where they might've been going.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:45:05 PM by Destructor » Logged

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 28, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 28, 2012, 02:30:44 PM

I will continue to attend to the injured man.  Does he have any markings or identification on him?  Does he appear to be prepotency?

Quote from: Destructor on March 28, 2012, 07:35:28 PM

As their Dragonborn teammate was part of a prisoner convoy, he's curious if there's a listing somewhere of where they might've been going.

These questions and more answered tonight!  8EST!

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 29, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »

And our heroes take a prisoner, rescue some others, and nearly make it home before they're ambushed in the darkness by a giant, invisible bat-winged tentacle monster.

1500 xp each.
29 rescued dragonborn prisoners
1 subdued and recently de-perforated Centurion

I'll try to have a map up on the board in advance of next session so you can get a better idea of your surroundings prior to facing the Lovecraftian horror.  (Everyone roll SAN checks! Whoops, wrong game!)

As Victus retreats into the tannery with the terrified dragonborn, he shouts in a quavering voice, "It's, It's MAKING you not see it!  Strike where you know it must be!" 

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »

Since you told us to go ahead and try and figure out what we are fighting, I am pretty sure I found it, and I think Kriv is in for a world of hurt.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 29, 2012, 11:29:55 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 29, 2012, 12:49:19 PM

Since you told us to go ahead and try and figure out what we are fighting, I am pretty sure I found it, and I think Kriv is in for a world of hurt.

I changed up its stats a bit . . . or did I?   ninja

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 30, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on March 29, 2012, 11:29:55 PM

Quote from: Arkon on March 29, 2012, 12:49:19 PM

I changed up its stats a bit . . . or did I?   ninja

I am guessing it won't matter much...you just want to kill Kriv, don't you...with my athletics score of 3!

ninja2 eek
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 30, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »

3!  you know you only need ONE set of plate mail, not one for each extremity
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 30, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »

I'll try to have a map up on the board in advance of next session so you can get a better idea of your surroundings prior to facing the Lovecraftian horror.

this is funny, because before i even finished your description i was already thinking about this!  are we in scaleport, or at the mountains of madness?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1675 on: March 30, 2012, 07:47:25 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on March 30, 2012, 03:52:38 PM

3!  you know you only need ONE set of plate mail, not one for each extremity

ROFL

And once again, doesn't anyone else find it odd that our Wizard has the most Strength? Such a strange Feat that just makes no sense (I mean, why Str?).

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 05, 2012, 06:35:17 PM »

My level 15 power:

Divine Vengeance
Brilliance flares from you to dispense pain to attacking enemies.

Daily        Divine, Radiant, Stance
Minor Action      Personal

Effect: Until the stance ends, whenever an enemy hits you or an ally adjacent to you with a melee attack, that enemy takes radiant damage equal to 5 + your Wisdom modifier.

I am also looking at using retrainings to drop my power swap feat for the Skald daily that causes enemies in my Skald Aura to grant CA to instead boost up my NADs a bit.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 10, 2012, 06:17:25 PM »

Doopri and AA, if you get a chance before tomorrow night, can you either post here or PM me with your changes so I can update your characters on iPlay4e?

Many thanks!
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 10, 2012, 09:02:18 PM »

Yeah, I should have some time to look things over tonight! smile

-Autistic Angel
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1679 on: April 11, 2012, 12:03:28 AM »

And my picks for 15 are:

Ball Lightning: A coruscating globe of lightning flashes forth and flies about, lashing out with tendrils of electricity.

Effect: You conjure a Medium ball of lightning that occupies 1 square within range, and the ball makes the following attack, which is a close burst 1. Each creature that starts its turn adjacent to the ball is slowed until the end of your next turn. Once per round, as a minor action, you can have the ball repeat its attack. As a move action, you can move the ball up to 10 squares. It can fly and hover. The ball lasts until the end of the encounter or until you dismiss it with a free action.

Hit 3d6 + Intelligence modifier lightning damage.

The above replaces my Fire Sphere. This version is just slightly more dangerous, requires no upkeep (instead of a minor), and auto-slows anyone near the Ball. Of course, if we had more ranged users this would be more useful, but eh, what can you do. biggrin

And because I get to pick two Encounter/Daily/Utility powers a level, my alternative is:

Prismatic Beams: Scintillating beams of rainbow-colored light spring from your outstretched hand, affecting your foes in unpredictable ways.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Daily: Arcane, Evocation, Fire, Implement, Poison
Standard Action
Close blast 5
Target Each enemy in the blast
Attack Intelligence vs. Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. You make a single attack roll and use it against each defense.

Hit (Fortitude) Ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).
Hit (Reflex) 2d6 + Intelligence modifier fire damage, and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Hit (Will) The target is dazed (save ends).
War Wizard's Expertise is finally in the builder, so I've removed the placeholder out of iPlay4e.

And Kadnod, with your permission (let me know), I'd like to add in the following two Rituals as my level 15 picks:

Create Teleportation Circle: You inscribe a ring of sigils on a stone surface, bestowing it with the power to connect with portals.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Component Cost: 1,000 gp per square filled by the teleportation circle, plus 5 healing surges
Market Price: 10,000 gp
Key Skill: Arcana (no check)
Level: 15
Category: Travel
Time: 4 hours
Duration: 24 hours (special)

You create a teleportation circle with a unique sequence of magic sigils, which you and other ritual casters can useas a location marker for rituals such as Linked Portal and Planar Portal. The teleportation circle does not transport creatures anywhere on its own—it merely enables other travel rituals. The ritual caster chooses the size of the teleportation circle, which in turn affects the ritual’s component cost: 1 square, 4 squares (a 2-square-by-2-square area), 9 squares (a 3-square-by-3-square area), or 16 squares (a 4-square-by-4-square area).

The teleportation circle lasts for 24 hours, but the ritual caster can extend the duration by spending a healing surge every 24 hours to sustain it. The caster does not need to see or even be on the same plane to sustain the effect. If the ritual’s effect is sustained without interruption for a year and a day, the teleportation circle becomes permanent.
and

Waterborn: You shiver as a cool, liquid sensation rolls over your body. Your skin adopts a blue cast, and water flows freely into your lungs as easily as a breath of air.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Component Cost: 850 gp
Market Price: 2,000 gp
Key Skill: Arcana or Nature
Level: 14
Category: Exploration
Time: 10 minutes
Duration: Special

Targets of the Waterborn ritual can explore the ocean’s depths at length and with leisure. Up to eight creatures (including yourself if you choose) gain the ability to breathe underwater. In addition to this ability, targets can speak normally and gain a swim speed equal to their land speed. Subjects are unaffected by the cold and pressure of the deep ocean.

This ritual does not negate the ability to breathe air or move on land. Equipment and possessions, such as books and scrolls, on a creature affected by the ritual remain undamaged by the water.

Check Result - Duration
19 or lower   - 4 hours
20-29 - 8 hours
30-39    - 16 hours
40 or higher - 2 days

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: