http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 09:43:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [D&D 4th Ed.] Official GT Campaign 3: No Business Like Gnome Business  (Read 72611 times)
kadnod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: February 28, 2012, 02:27:09 AM »

Quote from: Arnir on February 27, 2012, 11:58:37 PM

Quote from: kadnod on February 20, 2012, 02:56:20 PM

Ok, hydra-battle will take place on 2/29!
Ooh!  Leap Day fun!  I wonder what special events will wait for us?

LEAP DAY WILLIAM SOLO BOSS BATTLE!

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 28, 2012, 02:48:19 PM »

Looking forward to the battle and aftermath.  Bahamut be with us!
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:08 AM »

I was testing my headset but Ventrilo is telling me that it is unable to authenticate my login.  Has something changed recently?

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 01, 2012, 12:27:52 AM »

Quote from: Arnir on March 01, 2012, 12:17:08 AM

I was testing my headset but Ventrilo is telling me that it is unable to authenticate my login.  Has something changed recently?

I was able to log in just now to Vent, so I don't think so.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 01, 2012, 12:29:18 AM »

Sorry, false alarm.  For whatever reason the password had be erased from my laptop.  Once I re-input it, I got in.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: March 01, 2012, 04:07:17 AM »

And after soundly spanking a hydra, they party mourns a fallen ally and prepares to further explore The Terrible Temple of Tiamat!

XP and loot
Spoiler for Hiden:
XP - 2000 each
There's 10,000 GP, 200 PP, 5,000 SP piled in the rear of the hall and assorted looted objets d'art (mostly fragile looking pottery and paintings) worth an additional 10,000 gp scattered about the room.  There are also a few (once) valuable looking tapestries depicting the God Bane and a regal looking warrior slaying a humongous black dragon, but it looks as if they've been purposely torn to near shreds.

The energies expelled upon the death of the hydra gives each PC the following optional boost.  Take one already enchanted item of the appropriate type in your possession, and convert it to one of the following  

Mordant Weapon, level 13, +3
Weapon: Heavy blade, light blade or spear
Enhancement Bonus: attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 acid damage per plus

Power (Acid, Poison)  (Free Action)
All damage dealt by this weapon is acid damage and poison damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.
Power (Acid, Poison)  Daily (Standard Action)
Close blast 3; Strength vs. Fortitude; 3d8 + Strength modifier poison and acid damage.

Hydra Armor Level 13, +3
Armor: Scale  (can convert non-scale armor to scale if you want this enchantment)
Enhancement Bonus: AC
Property
When an enemy scores a critical hit against you, gain regeneration 5 until the end of the encounter.

Acidic Weapon Level 14, +3
Weapon: Heavy blade, light blade or spear
Enhancement Bonus: attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 acid damage per plus
Power (Acid)  Encounter (Standard Action)
Make a melee basic attack with the weapon against a target within 5 squares of you. All damage dealt by this basic attack is acid damage.
Power (Acid)  Daily (Free Action)
Use this power when you hit with the weapon. Deal ongoing 10 acid damage (save ends).

Caustic Gauntlets, Level 16
Power (Acid)  Daily (Free Action)
Use this power when you make a ranged attack. Change the damage type dealt by that attack to acid. Hit or miss, creatures adjacent to the target of the attack take 2d6 acid damage. Also, you deal an extra 1 acid damage on successful ranged attacks until the end of the encounter.
If you've reached at least one milestone today, instead deal an extra 2 acid damage on successful ranged attacks with the acid keyword until the end of the encounter.

Cloak of Poison
, Level 15, +3
Neck Slot
Enhancement Bonus: Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
Whenever you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll or a saving throw, you take ongoing 15 poison damage (save ends). You can end this effect by removing the cloak as a minor action.

Attack Power (Poison)  Encounter (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger: An adjacent enemy hits you with a melee attack.
Effect: The triggering enemy takes ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).

If you have no appropriate item, or you do not wish to change the enchantment on any of your items, you may take the following optional boon which will last until you hit level 17: WITHERBURN'S DEATH RATTLE: GAIN RESIST 10 POISON AND ACID and VULNERABLE 10 FIRE .

As you hear the hoof-beats of the fleeing minotaur get fainter and fainter, you feel as if you can take a moment to catch your collective breath (aka get a short rest) and plan your next move.  What do you do?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:22:52 AM by kadnod » Logged

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 01, 2012, 04:55:46 PM »

Great session last night, very thankful I built my character to have some healing.  That hydra was pumping out a ton of damage.

I have to say I was actually surprised that the intimidate check worked, as such I wasn't positive what to do.  Short term, letting Witherburn walk would have solved our problems, but without knowing for sure if she was delusional, or truly some sort of Tiamat incarnate, it was far too much risk long term.  If she were truly just delusional, I would have had no qualms sending her back to the swamps.  Of course, had I seen Rhogar's corpse clearly at the beginning, I don't think I would have even bothered with the intimidate check.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 02, 2012, 02:06:21 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 01, 2012, 04:55:46 PM

Great session last night, very thankful I built my character to have some healing.  That hydra was pumping out a ton of damage.

I have to say I was actually surprised that the intimidate check worked, as such I wasn't positive what to do.  Short term, letting Witherburn walk would have solved our problems, but without knowing for sure if she was delusional, or truly some sort of Tiamat incarnate, it was far too much risk long term.  If she were truly just delusional, I would have had no qualms sending her back to the swamps.  Of course, had I seen Rhogar's corpse clearly at the beginning, I don't think I would have even bothered with the intimidate check.

I thought you role played it well.  I was laughing because Kriv did what Bilon probably would have done - and Bilon didn't like it.  I think he's got a chip on his shoulder.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1608 on: March 05, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »

Quote from: Arnir on March 02, 2012, 02:06:21 AM

I thought you role played it well.  I was laughing because Kriv did what Bilon probably would have done - and Bilon didn't like it.  I think he's got a chip on his shoulder.

Actually, he has a few rather large stab wounds in his stomach from his own team. biggrin

Jett will catch his breath and take a look around via his magical sight for any magical remains on the many corpses in the room (partially eaten or not), as well as take a look at that staff that one Minotaur was using that was somehow compelling his party to rip apart their cleric. Something like that is a dangerous weapon indeed.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 06, 2012, 01:50:57 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 05, 2012, 12:36:46 AM

Jett will catch his breath and take a look around via his magical sight for any magical remains on the many corpses in the room (partially eaten or not), as well as take a look at that staff that one Minotaur was using that was somehow compelling his party to rip apart their cleric. Something like that is a dangerous weapon indeed.

Jett finds little else of value in the blood-stained chapel. If the minotaur servants of Witherburn had much of value, they must have already added it to their Queen's horde as described above.  The staff, while well carved, possesses no inherent magical ability.  You believe it likely Keth was channeling powers bestowed upon him by Tiamat through the staff.   Witherburn's mangled victims have also been stripped bare. 

While searching, Jett does spot doors partially obscured by tapestries on the both the east and west ends of the room.

Arcana 23
Perception 24

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 06, 2012, 06:49:34 AM »

What will be needed to consecrate this temple to Avandra, et al?  Or, what is necessary to remove any evil consecrations for now?

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 06, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on March 06, 2012, 06:49:34 AM

What will be needed to consecrate this temple to Avandra, et al?  Or, what is necessary to remove any evil consecrations for now?

Bilon examines the hall and believes the temple, while foul, has yet to be tied in any meaningful way to Tiamat. It appears the Prepotency had used this as a place to worship the god Bane and the minotaurs were attempting to re-dedicate it to their own dark goddess, but the party stopped them before they were finished.  

Therefore, it would take surprisingly little work to cleanse this place.  Unless something surprising awaits elsewhere in the building, Bilon thinks about 5000gp worth of residium or religious ritual components and 100 hours of labor would be enough to purge this place of any residual ties to the dark powers.  Dedicating the facility to Avandra would be a more daunting task, however, requiring 30000gp worth of resources and 500 hours of labor, along with the performance of a difficult ritual of concecration (diff 25 religion check).

(Bilon's religion check to obtain this info was 23).

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 06, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »

"We best make sure there are no surprises left in the temple.  While we need to make haste in completing the removal of all Prepotency from Scaleport, this temple must be dealt with entirely."

Kriv will head towards the door the Jett discovered to the east.  Kriv will stand aside the door, and then in a very commanding and intimidating voice yell out...

"If anyone is in there, declare yourself and come out!"

Kriv will wait a few moments, and if no one responds, will call over Winnish to see if he can detect any traps on the door.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1613 on: March 07, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »

Jett shakes his head over the complete lack of tact (as well as silence) of their newfound teammate and then moves over to him, readying himself for the worst.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 08, 2012, 04:57:54 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 06, 2012, 01:59:34 PM

"We best make sure there are no surprises left in the temple.  While we need to make haste in completing the removal of all Prepotency from Scaleport, this temple must be dealt with entirely."

Kriv will head towards the door the Jett discovered to the east.  Kriv will stand aside the door, and then in a very commanding and intimidating voice yell out...

"If anyone is in there, declare yourself and come out!"

Kriv will wait a few moments, and if no one responds, will call over Winnish to see if he can detect any traps on the door.

There is no response.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 08, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »

*stepping over the remnants of the hyrda's last meal, approaches the door ready to remove any would-be impediments to the party's entry*  "Though *while he glances idly about the room* I many not be the best to locate said spring-loaded sources of such setbacks, wot"
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 08, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on March 08, 2012, 08:47:42 PM

*stepping over the remnants of the hyrda's last meal, approaches the door ready to remove any would-be impediments to the party's entry*  "Though *while he glances idly about the room* I many not be the best to locate said spring-loaded sources of such setbacks, wot"

Seeing Winnish's hesitation to check for traps, Kriv will scan the door and surrounding area.  If he is unable to find any traps, he will open the door.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 10, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »

Having trouble getting Iplay to display character stats today.  Will give it a shot later this weekend to see if it is up and running again. 

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 10, 2012, 05:46:40 AM »

Kriv probably won't wait 100 hours (is that cleanup time for 1 character or will more than 1 affect that?) so Bilon will put cleansing on hold for now.  He will probably follow Kriv around for the show.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 10, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »

I know I'm not averse to setting up shop in the Temple for a few days, after we clear it (and assuming Scaleport remains largely in our hands / no pressing issues jump into play) if that's what it would take to purify it.  I miiiiiiiiiight even be able to be convinced to consecrate it to Avandra if we can get some other priests to cut down that time.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: March 10, 2012, 11:38:34 PM »

Oh yeah and because it wasn't enough to play on a day that didn't really exist last week, we'll be playing during an hour that isn't quite true this go around

7 pm start for the only sane state out there (at least in this regard that is!)
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 12, 2012, 03:01:48 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 08, 2012, 09:48:34 PM

Quote from: Doopri on March 08, 2012, 08:47:42 PM

Seeing Winnish's hesitation to check for traps, Kriv will scan the door and surrounding area.  If he is unable to find any traps, he will open the door.

Together, Winnish and Kriv determine with relative certainty the door is not trapped and peer inside.

Kriv perception 27
Winnish thievery 27

A small room leading to a large stone hallway is on the other side.  Based upon the torn books, overturned idols and shredded vestments, it appears as if the room was used by priests of Bane to prepare for religious ceremonies before Witherburn and her minotaurs arrived.   The hallway bends back to the south, towards the direction of the temple's main entrance.

Quote from: Arnir on March 10, 2012, 05:46:40 AM

Kriv probably won't wait 100 hours (is that cleanup time for 1 character or will more than 1 affect that?) so Bilon will put cleansing on hold for now. 

Bilon estimates it will take 100 hours of dwarf-labor total.  Multiple people can contribute to the work.  Skilled labor could decrease the total time. 

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:44 PM »

Quote from: kadnod on March 12, 2012, 03:01:48 AM

Together, Winnish and Kriv determine with relative certainty the door is not trapped and peer inside.

Kriv perception 27
Winnish thievery 27

A small room leading to a large stone hallway is on the other side.  Based upon the torn books, overturned idols and shredded vestments, it appears as if the room was used by priests of Bane to prepare for religious ceremonies before Witherburn and her minotaurs arrived.   The hallway bends back to the south, towards the direction of the temple's main entrance.

Do I see anything that would be useful in religious ceremonies?

"Bilon, you may want to come and look at this room.  It appears this was used by previous priests to prepare for rituals and ceremonies."

Kriv will head in and look down the hall to the south to see where it goes.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 12, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on March 10, 2012, 05:46:40 AM

Kriv probably won't wait 100 hours (is that cleanup time for 1 character or will more than 1 affect that?) so Bilon will put cleansing on hold for now.  He will probably follow Kriv around for the show.

Once we make sure the temple is cleared, I will most certainly assist in "cleansing" it.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 12, 2012, 12:44:44 PM

Quote from: kadnod on March 12, 2012, 03:01:48 AM

Kriv perception 27
Winnish thievery 27

Do I see anything that would be useful in religious ceremonies?

"Bilon, you may want to come and look at this room.  It appears this was used by previous priests to prepare for rituals and ceremonies."

Kriv will head in and look down the hall to the south to see where it goes.

Bilon will check it out.

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 14, 2012, 12:27:22 AM »

Kriv and Bilon find that most of the ceremonial items are either too damaged to repurpose or useful only to priest of Bane, god of war and tyranny.   However, the holy warriors do spot a small silver knife inscribed with the symbols of Ioun, goddess of knowledge and Erathis, goddess of civilization.  It's not suitable for use in combat, but could be useful in casting religious rituals (counts as 1000 gp of ritual components for a religious ritual, is destroyed after use.)

Bilon also notices a small, leather-bound tome that appears to have met the wrong end of a minotaur war-axe.  Initially dismissing it as a just another book of Baneite warhymns, something inspires him to give it a closer look.  Upon further inspection, the book, Penance in the Name of the Emperor, appears to be some sort Prepotency code of justice, complete with rituals of punishment to be used on criminals.  Though much of the damaged book has been rendered unreadable, Bilon thinks he could still learn a great deal about religion and justice in the Prepotency if given some time to study the book.

Kriv also spots a hidden compartment in the base of a toppled statue of Bane.  Thin, bronze wires wrap around the base of the statue, leading the paladin to believe it is trapped.

When Kriv turns the corner to look down the hallway, he spots more ruined statues and tapestries.  After 60 feet, the hallway splits to the east and the west.

religion 30 Kriv
religion 35 Bilon
passive perception 26 Kriv.

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 14, 2012, 12:35:19 AM »

Bilon will certainly take the book for future study.  Ioun's knife would be good and Kriv can have the other.  Bilon will then continue to follow Kriv.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 14, 2012, 01:43:08 AM »

"Winnish...you may not be confident in finding traps, but how about disarming them?  Found what appears to be a trip wire of some sort here."
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 14, 2012, 01:59:25 AM »

"Ah well, now THAT on the other hand, wot!"  *with a flick of his wrist, several bars of silver, each of a different width and length extend from his beneath his left cuff.  their strange protuberances; some comb-like, others conical, still more wickedly sharp; quickly go to work on the myriad intertwining wires wrapping the statue's base*

(using my tools!)

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 14, 2012, 02:37:52 AM »

Avandra help us all.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 14, 2012, 03:32:07 AM »

((I'm good at this!)) slywink
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 14, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 14, 2012, 01:43:08 AM

"Winnish...you may not be confident in finding traps, but how about disarming them?  Found what appears to be a trip wire of some sort here."

"Winnish can disarm traps with no problems at all.  It is simply the afterexplosion and dismemberment that is the problem."
 icon_wink

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 14, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »

Server up at 8EST.  We'll see if Winnish kersplodes everyone then!

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 14, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »

You know, I think we must be the only people on earth not to have a wiki entry, facebook group and a twitter channel.  What's wrong with us?

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 14, 2012, 11:53:28 PM »

Sigh.  Ventrilo is saying connecting to server for about 4 minutes no matter what I do.  Have I messed up again?

Contacting server, actually.

Winnish!!!  What did you do?!?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:57:18 PM by Arnir » Logged

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1635 on: March 14, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »

Yeah, I'm having the same problems too. Winnish? What did you break? Tongue

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 14, 2012, 11:59:53 PM »

*pzzsssssssssss... boOOooOoOOooommmmmm!!!*
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 15, 2012, 12:04:59 AM »

Having trouble on this end, too.  Trying a reboot to get map server up.

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 15, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on March 15, 2012, 12:04:59 AM

Having trouble on this end, too.  Trying a reboot to get map server up.

Winnish broke the whole damn internet?  What kind of roll was that?!?  icon_eek

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 15, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »

Yeah I can't connect to Vent, or the Map Tools Server at the moment.

Can't ping the Vent server, not sure if it is set to respond to pings or not.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: