http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 05:55:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [D&D 4th Ed.] Official GT Campaign 3: No Business Like Gnome Business  (Read 73804 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: January 20, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »

Quote from: kadnod on November 25, 2011, 08:29:14 PM

XP and such for last session
Bilon's Symbol of Foe Turning begins to glow with a soft, white light and gets boosted to +3.  It may now turn angels and demons as if they were undead.

Arnir, I was going back through loot and wanted to make sure you had seen this from our fight with the fish people.  You need to update your character.  Your holy symbol is a +3, not a +2 anymore.  Your to-hit has been low by 1 for a few encounters now.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 20, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »

So Doopri is doing a full loot compilation, but wanted to get an idea out there about our money:

• 29 PP
  • 66 GP
  • 50 SP
  • 13,580 Residuum
  • 3120 GP in gemstones
  • 5,600 GP in jewelery

Depending on what the party does with items, if we decide to not use the frost brand maul, or the true dragonslayer weapons, the maul is worth 17,000 GP/Residuum when disenchanted, and the true dragonslayer is worth 21,000 GP/Residuum since rares are worth 100%.  The Mordant Weapon that Winnish carries but does not use would be worth 8,500 GP/Residuum once disenchanted at the 50% on uncommon item conversion.  The Glaive +3 would only be worth 1,800 due to being a common item, and would likely be better served by transferring the +3 on to AA's shuriken for when ranged attacks are needed.  Also Bilon still is carrying the evil 222 staff, worth 3,000 Residuum when disenchanted.  This does not take into considering anything Sa'Relka was wielding, as the party still needs to decide what is being done with his remains.  I will stay out of that discussion.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 20, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on January 20, 2012, 02:47:38 PM

Bilon's Symbol of Foe Turning begins to glow with a soft, white light and gets boosted to +3.  It may now turn angels and demons as if they were undead.

Arnir, I was going back through loot and wanted to make sure you had seen this from our fight with the fish people.  You need to update your character.  Your holy symbol is a +3, not a +2 anymore.  Your to-hit has been low by 1 for a few encounters now.

I apparently embrace idiocy.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1563 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on January 20, 2012, 03:28:09 PM

Quote from: Arkon on January 20, 2012, 02:47:38 PM

Bilon's Symbol of Foe Turning begins to glow with a soft, white light and gets boosted to +3.  It may now turn angels and demons as if they were undead.
Arnir, I was going back through loot and wanted to make sure you had seen this from our fight with the fish people.  You need to update your character.  Your holy symbol is a +3, not a +2 anymore.  Your to-hit has been low by 1 for a few encounters now.
I apparently embrace idiocy.

No no, you haven't been properly praying to Avandra - she's not given your boost that you need. slywink

And FYI, everyone, this is the time to get small enchants and such out of the way. We haven't had an opportunity in quite a while. All I know is that Jett really needs a +3 weapon badly. Problem is, I may have put myself into a corner with things.

EDIT: Kadnod - Jett would like to go talk to Ryla about seeing if she has in her ritual book a version of the Transfer Enchant Ritual that he can scribe. It's only a level 4 Ritual (I think), so I'm hoping she'd have it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:39:02 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 21, 2012, 01:46:14 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 20, 2012, 03:36:19 PM

EDIT: Kadnod - Jett would like to go talk to Ryla about seeing if she has in her ritual book a version of the Transfer Enchant Ritual that he can scribe. It's only a level 4 Ritual (I think), so I'm hoping she'd have it.

Sure.  She'll give it to you & assist you with any rituals you cast while in the Hall.  (get a 10% discount on casting costs).

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 25, 2012, 03:07:38 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on January 20, 2012, 12:36:44 PM

"Burn Scaleport to the ground?  Do you realize how many innocent civilians would be killed?  There is no honor in burning the city.  I am glad you have reconsidered.  What is the current situation in the town?  Unfortunately I know very little of the city, the temple of Bahamut that I was stationed at was far from here.

I understand that I am new around here, but I fully intend on assisting the innocent civilians of Scaleport.  I can not just leave the city in ruins, with them under the rule of the Prepotency.  I shall finish tending to the wounded, get a bit of rest and then I shall head in to the fray.  Bahamut shall guide my sword and bolster my shield.  It is by the divine intervention of Bahamut that neither the Prepotency, nor the minotaurs were able to take my life.  I will not disappoint Bahamut in this great time of need by many who need protection.  Not to mention, I need to make sure that the Temple of Bahamut here in the city has not been desecrated."

Unless someone else has something to add, you get the impression Ryla will try to call her forces back soon after you've rested and she's assisted the group with any other rituals, then return back to the remnants of Misthome.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1566 on: January 27, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »

Jett has something he wants to say to Ryla, but work has kept me from spending the time needed to get my thoughts together. I'll post something tonight for sure.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 27, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 27, 2012, 03:41:45 PM

Jett has something he wants to say to Ryla, but work has kept me from spending the time needed to get my thoughts together. I'll post something tonight for sure.

Take your time.  I decided next session is just 3 hours of random blink dog attacks, anyway,  no matter what the party sets out to accomplish.  slywink

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1568 on: January 28, 2012, 03:27:45 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on January 27, 2012, 10:11:08 PM

Quote from: Destructor on January 27, 2012, 03:41:45 PM

Take your time.  I decided next session is just 3 hours of random blink dog attacks, anyway,  no matter what the party sets out to accomplish.  slywink

ROFL

Okay, first off, Kadnod, I'd like to roll back the clock just a bit and ask Ryla if she also has in her spellbook the ritual of Seal Portal, so we can open back up said portal that Jett shut before arriving in this place of comfort of hers.

Then, sometime after, while he works on his enchanting rituals (which I'll be posting later once I figure it out, as well as anyone else who wants things enchanted (HINT HINT)), he'll come to realize Ryla's next move via what he's overhearing, or however you've planned how we know what she knows and such.

He'll pause in what he's currently doing and ask to talk to Ryla in some sort of privacy. Upon being granted it (no need to blurt out his thoughts to everyone else in earshot), he'll start out his argument.

"Have I overheard this right? Are you seriously intending to abandon this campaign against Scaleport just like that? We've come this far, breached their defenses like we have, and now you're seriously chickening out and refusing to finish what you started? What about those people that have given their lives for your jaunt across the countryside? What about them, who have wasted their lives in accomplishing absolutely nothing?

And do you seriously think that Scaleport won't retaliate against your warband if given a chance once they've pulled themselves back together again? This is why we need to stay here and take this city. We need a defensible place of power for further campaigns against the Prepotency. This is the only place that I can think of that we can do that with. It's time to stop hiding in little scattered camps and pull ourselves together to take them down once and for all.

We have the perfect opportunity right in front of us. If we abandon it, we'll have gained nothing for our time and lives lost, and instead wasted everything."

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 28, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 28, 2012, 03:27:45 AM

Okay, first off, Kadnod, I'd like to roll back the clock just a bit and ask Ryla if she also has in her spellbook the ritual of Seal Portal, so we can open back up said portal that Jett shut before arriving in this place of comfort of hers.

Sure, she'll teach you that one for free, too.

He'll pause in what he's currently doing and ask to talk to Ryla in some sort of privacy. Upon being granted it (no need to blurt out his thoughts to everyone else in earshot), he'll start out his argument.

Ryla takes Jett aside and leads him through a rotting wooden door he had not noticed before and into a massive, dusty library.

"Have I overheard this right? Are you seriously intending to abandon this campaign against Scaleport just like that? We've come this far, breached their defenses like we have, and now you're seriously chickening out and refusing to finish what you started? What about those people that have given their lives for your jaunt across the countryside? What about them, who have wasted their lives in accomplishing absolutely nothing?

And do you seriously think that Scaleport won't retaliate against your warband if given a chance once they've pulled themselves back together again? This is why we need to stay here and take this city. We need a defensible place of power for further campaigns against the Prepotency. This is the only place that I can think of that we can do that with. It's time to stop hiding in little scattered camps and pull ourselves together to take them down once and for all.

We have the perfect opportunity right in front of us. If we abandon it, we'll have gained nothing for our time and lives lost, and instead wasted everything."

Jett -Diplomacy -23 + 2 circumstance modifier.

"I see the truth in your words, young mage.  But what would you have me do," asks Ryla, her eyes cast downwards. "In my rage over the loss of my home, my people,  I started us along this mad path of destruction.  But now that we walk this road, the justice ... no, the vengeance I was looking for proves elusive."  She turns, grabs a book from a shelf and begins to flip the pages, as if searching for an answer in its pages.

"Hold Scaleport?  Yes, it would be a fine thing.  To sleep in strong buildings made of stone, my people safe from the wandering monstrosities of the wood.  To know the last remnants of history, of civilization, were not doomed to vanish from the World!  Yes, a fine thing indeed!  If not for the horde of murderous beastmen I've unleashed on the city, if not for the vengeful army that is surely on its way, and if not for the hostile people already living here! "

She slowly returns the book to the shelf, turns to Jett, places a hand upon his shoulder and looks him firmly in the eyes.  "Yes, Jett. Staying here would be a wonder.  Just show me how we can do it and I am yours to command."

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 30, 2012, 08:13:10 PM »

I just got told I have an emergency school board meeting Wed at 6pm central.  The best I could be is late, but  I have no idea how long it will last.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 30, 2012, 10:18:57 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on January 30, 2012, 08:13:10 PM

I just got told I have an emergency school board meeting Wed at 6pm central.  The best I could be is late, but  I have no idea how long it will last.

A few folks are going to have trouble making it this week (including me) so lets just postpone this week's game for now.  I'll send around some PMs with options for a reschedule later tonight.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 01, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »

So if we want to make items, we need to do so now, no telling when we will get another chance.

If Kriv is able to get some stuff made, here are a few items I am looking at:

Gloves of Recovery    
Level 5 Uncommon
Hands Slot        1,000 gp
Power  Daily (Free Action)
Trigger: You miss an enemy with a melee attack power.
Effect: Make a melee basic attack against that enemy.

Mask of Fear
Level 9 Uncommon
This mask is little more than a carefully preserved skull, refined with metal joints to allow it to fit over its wearer’s head. Black runes cover its stark, white surface.
Head Slot        4,200 gp
Property
You gain a +2 item bonus to Intimidate checks.
Power (Fear)  Encounter (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger: An enemy hits you with a melee attack.
Effect: You push the triggering enemy 1 square.

Strongheart Tattoo
Level 8+ Uncommon
Lvl 8      3,400 gp      
Wondrous Item
Property
When you spend a healing surge, you regain extra hit points equal to the number of healing surges you have spent since your last extended rest.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:52:33 PM by Arkon » Logged
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 01, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »

I was looking at Benefactor +2 chainmail. What do I have to do to get that?  Currently I have Mithral Chain +1

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 06, 2012, 06:53:06 PM »

I know Arnir said he couldn't make Tuesday this week, so are we still on for a makeup game this Wednesday?  I can definitely make it!

-Autistic Angel
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: February 06, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »

I am good to go for Wednesday.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 07, 2012, 01:30:14 AM »

Let's have an optional session on Weds starting at 8:30 EST for anyone who can make it.  I'm guessing it'll mostly be a planning session, since the party still needs to decide on their next steps (and even if you all decided all like right now, I don't think I'll have much time to write anything up before Weds).   

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 07, 2012, 01:41:21 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on February 07, 2012, 01:30:14 AM

Let's have an optional session on Weds starting at 8:30 EST for anyone who can make it.  I'm guessing it'll mostly be a planning session, since the party still needs to decide on their next steps (and even if you all decided all like right now, I don't think I'll have much time to write anything up before Weds).   

As far as I know I should be there.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 07, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »

Yeah, I'll be there too! icon_cool

-Autistic Angel
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 08, 2012, 11:04:54 PM »

Server will be up at 830 EST tonight, folks.  Provided I ever get out of this damn traffic.

(hey, it turns out sleepy commuters don't appreciate it when you take  flash photographs on their bus ride home! )

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 09, 2012, 01:34:46 AM »

I'm having some trouble getting online with my laptop -- I'll try to be in ASAP!

-Autistic Angel
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 09, 2012, 04:06:27 AM »

Ok, the party is disenchanting/burning pretty much all unused equipment, bringing our Residuum total to roughly 71,000.  We are then making/buying the following with our 10% discount:

Jagged Blade +3 for Jett - 11,700 GP
Gauntlets of the Ram for Jett - 3060 GP
Gloves of the Healer for Bilon - 11,700 GP
Benefactor Chainmail +3 for Bilon - 18,900 GP
Upgrade Cloak of Distortion for Bilon - 3030 GP
Upgrade Gamblers Leather Armor to +3 for Winnish - 6480 GP
Gloves of Recovery  X 2 for Kriv and Winnish - 1800 GP
Shimmering Armor +1 for Jett - 760 GP

Talent Shards X 4 - 450 GP
Stormglass Shard X 4 = 270 GP
Elixer of Flying x 4 = 1260 GP

Leaving us with approximately 12,000 Residuum/Gold
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 09, 2012, 04:20:34 AM »

And our heroes go on a crafting spree and decide to launch a crusade in the middle of their war.

1000XP for everyone, including Winnish.

quick summary of wot happened

Spoiler for Hiden:
After discussing the optimal way to convert their accumulated wealth to eldritch might and engaging in a vigorous religious debate, the party planned on how best continue their assault on Scaleport with Ryla, leader of the Grey Mist tribe.  A remorseful Ryla confessed that due to her call for aid, an entire tribe of bloodthirsty minotaurs, lead by their monstrous hydra queen, decided to join in the siege. According to information given to her by bullish ally Suhvob, the minotaurs' reptilian monarch believes herself to be Tiamat incarnate and is up to no good in a frightening temple dedicated to that foul draconic goddess.  The party plans on confronting this would-be exarch before she and her people can cause more harm to the beleaguered citizenry, while the remaining Mist will try to hold the newly conquered Fort Scale.  Once this is accomplished, our brave adventurers will attempt to route the rest of the local Preoptency armed forces while winning the hearts and minds of the Scaleportians.

Requesting aid from Kavak, coarse leader of the Stone Crows was mentioned, but the call was not sent by the end of the session.  Further discussion and preparation may take place prior to the party setting out.

And next session is planned for 2/15/2012, 8EST.  

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 13, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »

I am working on trying to get Winnish into the online CB and updated.  Doopri, what power did you take at 13?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 14, 2012, 05:23:33 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on January 18, 2012, 11:13:21 PM

Okay I'm taking my +1 Ability Scores in Strength and Dex; I'm sure everyone is shocked slywink

For my retrain I'm going to bump out Bardic Dilettante for that nifty Master of Stories bard multiclass feat.  So I'm still a bard, just more of a braggart than a dabbler which works for me.

And my new feat will be Blood Thirst for a +2 damage bonus to melee rolls against bloodied foes.

Oh and one last thing - Kadnod I was checking out Iplay4e and saw I had a some odd Movement action (Walk in Crowds I think?) listed, that I don't actually have.  See you all tonight

Doopri, that move action is showing as your level 10 utility.  What did you take at that level?
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 14, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »

I "took down" and went with a second level 6 utility called Fortuitous Dodge, though depending how things work out over the next few fights this may end up being a retrain.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 15, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »

Kadnod, I have updated Winnish in the CB and uploaded to iPlay4e, will just need to add him to the campaign, and have you remove the old one.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ryla, I was wondering how much you knew of the structure and organization of the minotaur clan?  If this queen of theirs will not surrender, and we are forced to end her existence...what will the minotaur do?  Would removing the hydra grant us leadership of the clan?  While I hold out little hope of being able to bring the hydra to a state of redemption and rehabilitation, I do not believe all is lost for the minotaur who blindly follow her."
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 15, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »

I'm adding my new armor.  Is all Shimmering Armor cloth?  Or is this another upgrade to my Mithral Chainmail +1?

nevermind - benefactor armor.  duh
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:19:36 PM by Arnir » Logged

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 15, 2012, 07:30:39 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on February 15, 2012, 07:15:43 PM

I'm adding my new armor.  Is all Shimmering Armor cloth?  Or is this another upgrade to my Mithral Chainmail +1?

Don't forget the gloves, and make sure you update your holy symbol to +3 from the underwater battle where you defeated Jubilex so to speak.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 15, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on February 15, 2012, 07:30:39 PM

Quote from: Arnir on February 15, 2012, 07:15:43 PM

Don't forget the gloves, and make sure you update your holy symbol to +3 from the underwater battle where you defeated Jubilex so to speak.

I think that is all in the new upload that I just posted.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: February 15, 2012, 07:33:50 PM »

Looks like you added the items but didn't equip them?  iPlay4e is showing your AC as 18.  Also your cloak of distortion should be a +2 now, as we upgraded that.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 15, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

good point about equipping.

Is there a way to change items in iplay4e, or do I need to do that via the character builder and then upload again?

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 15, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on February 15, 2012, 07:36:32 PM

good point about equipping.

Is there a way to change items in iplay4e, or do I need to do that via the character builder and then upload again?

I think you have to do it in the character builder.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 15, 2012, 08:38:43 PM »

Attempt 2 finished for iplay4e

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 15, 2012, 11:40:34 PM »

Server will be up tonight at 8 EST. 

(Thanks for working on Iplay.  We'll answer Kriv's questions to Ryla in tonight's game.)

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 16, 2012, 03:37:38 AM »

Annnnd our heroes end up face to face with a hungry, hungry hydra!

(No XP award this week.  Will roll it into next week's session if the party survives!)

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: February 16, 2012, 04:22:35 AM »

Cute.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1597 on: February 20, 2012, 04:12:33 AM »

Sorry about not being able to reply sooner than this, but a lot of things have happened over these past few days.

Anyway - we were questioning if I could make it to this upcoming early Wednesday game, and no, I can't do it. But I'll be able to play just fine during our regularly scheduled game next Wednesday.

And hungry hungry hydra indeed. I feel so old now. Tongue

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: February 20, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »

Ok, hydra-battle will take place on 2/29!

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 27, 2012, 11:58:37 PM »

Quote from: kadnod on February 20, 2012, 02:56:20 PM

Ok, hydra-battle will take place on 2/29!
Ooh!  Leap Day fun!  I wonder what special events will wait for us?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: