http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:15:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [D&D 4th Ed.] Official GT Campaign 3: No Business Like Gnome Business  (Read 73118 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »

"Jett, quit bein a sissy...you don't even look like ya have any flesh for them to eat...what exactly are ya made of?  You got yourself one of them light spells don't ya?  I say we load everything up and move out.  If them ghouls came from the city, then they be venturing further out than usual.  Sam will have made it back by now and if we stay, Kavak will be worried methinks.  I'll go ahead and search the wagon, wouldn't want ya to have to git dirty or anythin'."

Kadnod - I would like to search the wagon either with Jett or by myself.

I realize we are all very tired and worn out after the two fights, but I think staying where we are is a mistake.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »

re: questions about the wagon

Spoiler for Hiden:
Besides the "treasure" you already found in the wagon, there's little else of value.  A few dessicated rations and a moth-eaten cloak.  It appears the wagon was travelling north when it crashed.  The Black Raptor tribe, the tribe the woman seems to have been a member of, was last known to be located in the far south.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2010, 04:53:41 PM »

Bilon:  "I think we need to rest for the night.  Winnish has been a pin cushion and won't be able to heal much more if we get into another fight.  I've used most of my major abilities and need some major prayer time to get them back.  If we stand close watch we should be fine and will make better time after we rest.  Jett can bring the wagon with us.  It's getting late but if we have enough time we can burn the corpses if it will make folks feel better - but I want that fire out by darkfall.  Smoke in the day isn't uncommon, but I don't want a night time beacon for all to see."

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »

"Well it looks like the real treasure here be the wagon.  It will need some fixin' but it would be of tremendous value to the Crows!  I say let's load up and get moving and get as far away from the city as possible.  We should honor the dead, do we bury her here, or take her with us to give her a proper burial?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:03:05 PM by Arkon » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »

Anyone know if it is possible to capture a chat log from maptool?  It would make it easier for when I write the AARs.  Amazing how long a 3 hour session takes to write up as an AAR.  I think I have spent about 6 hours so far just on what I have and that is barely into where we actually started playing!
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on July 10, 2010, 06:04:21 PM

Anyone know if it is possible to capture a chat log from maptool?  It would make it easier for when I write the AARs.  Amazing how long a 3 hour session takes to write up as an AAR.  I think I have spent about 6 hours so far just on what I have and that is barely into where we actually started playing!
I don't know how to do it, but it would be very helpful indeed.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2010, 07:32:17 PM »

"Burn the re-corpses, give the Dragonborn a proper burial, and then as suggested, make sure the fires are out and call it a night here. It'll be too late to start our journey back home by then anyway. We'll worry about moving the wagon in the morning."
---

I think Maptool can at least have the chat box copied and pasted into a text file. As far as recording what's going on, I haven't found anything via Google. Now knowing my luck there's a simple option somewhere to flip inside of MapTool to do it.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2010, 09:00:58 PM »

Under "edit/preferences/application" in maptool, there's a name for the chat-autosave file.  The only problem is that the file doesn't actually appear to be on my computer.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2010, 09:39:19 PM »

Absolutely true.  It is really difficult to understand just how long a good AAR takes to do unless you undertake the challenge yourself.

Looking forward to digging in to read it Arkon.  Thanks for writing it up!   icon_smile

Quote from: Arkon on July 10, 2010, 06:04:21 PM

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a half-eaten corpse is worth a thousand books.

We may never fully understand why the policy of leaving the mass of unremitting ravenous evil at Tiam-Krey to fester has not improved the situation, but evidence of that failure is right in front of us.  Some would say that we should continue to shy away: that we should turn tail, retreat, and give the region an even wider berth.  Let the rotting hordes continue sloughing off diseased flesh and infectious pus, not just throughout the city our honored ancestors built with chisel and sweat, but across all the surroundings lands as well.

I say the time for that sort of thinking ended along with the life of this innocent young Dragonborn.  I say that rather than allowing her death to have been in vain, left in a shallow grave along some random expanse of wasteland, we honor her sacrifice by ensuring it is the last one made in service to the many tribes' policy of cowardice and appeasement. 

I say it's time we move to Plan B.  I say it's time we stop wishing for how things used to be and start fighting for how they *should* be, and it starts by uniting the tribes, raising an army, and incinerating every last plague-ridden corpse in Tiam-Krey into ash.

This Dragonborn's life may have ended, but her service to her people has not.  She is a silent testament to the price of indecision and trepidation in the face of an insatiable evil rising to consume every male, female, and youngling that draws breath in this world.  This is the end awaiting every person in every tribe that sits idly by, and they should bear witness to the consequence of their inaction.

-Autistic Angel
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2010, 11:37:11 PM »

Well said, noble monk.  But shall we face our future tonight or in the morning?  And we must let our clan know of our discoveries.  It is presumptuous of us to decide for the clan although I hope they will agree with your sentiments.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2010, 11:40:08 PM »

From out of the folds of Jett's robes a book appears. He quickly writes the following before putting it away:

I have heard many rousing speeches before from the Commander of the Guard and even Kavak himself, but few have ever approached what I've just heard from this normally silent Githzerai Monk. Here's to hoping he repeats this to those who need to hear it back at camp.
---

Wow, AA. Just...wow. Nicely done.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2010, 01:42:48 AM »

FYI - MapTool does have a manual way of saving the message history. File - Save Message History. You can put the file wherever you want, and it outputs to an HTML file that's easily loaded in your browser of choice. It won't save the character images that show up whenever we talk, but our names are there.

Only one word of warning - there's no way to automatically generate this file as you go. Just hope you don't crash/disconnect before you get a chance to save it.

Wait. Hold on. I figured out how to get the chat autosave to work. Go to Edit - Preferences - Application in MapTool. Change the Time Between Autosaves to something other than 0. That number of minutes, it'll create a file called chatlog.html (or whatever you want to call it). 0 is the default and it turns it off. That's why it didn't work before.

Anyway - doing a quick search of the HD, I found the file in on my Windows 7 rig at: c:\users\xxx\.maptool\autosave, where xxx is the name of the person logged into Win 7. It doesn't go into All Users for whatever reason.

On another note, we're currently 2 (myself and Bilon) to 1 (Rangrim) for sleeping here/heading home. Any thoughts, AA or Winnish?

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2010, 02:43:46 PM »

"Press onward, press onward wot wot.  I'm quite well thank you very much!  And I'd rather not return home from the search only to resume it, this time searching for the searchers of the search, who quite unharmed decided upon a lovely night under the stars!  Oh, and perhaps we make haste burying the beastie, the old girl seems a bit *ahem* ripe *points the tip of his elegant rapier at the half-devoured dragonborn several party members have been fawning over*
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »

Okay, this is going to be a long post. This is why it'll be buried under multiple layers of spoiler tags to keep the length down to a reasonable minimum. But it'll be very useful (IMHO) for our next game, as it involves cutting down on all the dice rolls we see, making it so macros can be run against multiple targets, and for those who are technically MapTool inclined, can do it all themselves if they want.

First off, everybody pop open MapTool for a minute. Go to Edit - Preferences - Interactions. On the right hand side is a box called Chat. Look for Use ToolTips for Inline Rolls. Check that box. Hit OK and shut the program down. It'll now be saved for next time we play.

What did that do exactly? Instead of seeing "Attack: 1d20+IntBonus+LevelBonus = 1 + 4 + 0 = 5 " every time somebody rolls the dice via a Macro, you'll now see "Attack: 5", and if you want to see all the details, you just move the mouse over said number. This will drastically decrease the amount of technical jargon you see every time somebody fires off a macro.

If you want to see it, then don't check the box. Entirely up to you.

Full example as to how much less 'stuff' you'll see is below:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jett:
Thunderwave
Jett smashes his staff against the ground and creates a whip-crack of sonic power that lashes up from the ground.

At-Will: Standard Action. Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Attack: 22, 16, 24 vs Fortitude
Damage: 9 Thunder Damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to your Wisdom Modifier. 1
Range: Close Blast 3
Target: Each Creature in Blast

Jett:
Thunderwave
Jett smashes his staff against the ground and creates a whip-crack of sonic power that lashes up from the ground.

At-Will: Standard Action. Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Attack: 1d20+IntBonus+LevelBonus = 1 + 4 + 0 = 5 , 1d20+IntBonus+LevelBonus = 15 + 4 + 0 = 19 , 1d20+IntBonus+LevelBonus = 16 + 4 + 0 = 20 vs Fortitude
Damage: 1d6+IntBonus+StrBonus = 6 + 4 + 4 = 14 Thunder Damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to your Wisdom Modifier. WisBonus = 1
Range: Close Blast 3
Target: Each Creature in Blast

Now, if you opened up the spoiler, you'll see that I've gotten multiple attacks to work in one macro. After digging around while macroing up my character, I found this page (yes, the page title is in Japanese or something, I don't know why), explaining how to do it. Or, just check the spoiler below.

Spoiler for Hiden:
This is my basic attack line for Thunderwave, modified from Arkon's very helpful PM he sent me last week to build my powers:

Code:
<b>Attack: </b>[count(NumTarget): 1d20+IntBonus+LevelBonus] vs <b>Fortitude</b><br>

The count(NumTarget) command asks for the variable NumTarget (as it's not defined anywhere in my character sheet), then automatically rolls whatever is in the [ ] block that number of times. It's very basic, but it works great. Notice how you must remove the [] around modifiers like IntBonus and whatnot as otherwise it'll mess up. It still works exactly the same way as before however.

Now, you want to modify your character before next week? If you've saved a copy of your token to your HD (or if kadnod wants to kindly do it), then you can. Only one issue - MapTools doesn't have the 4th Edition ruleset for your character info automatically loaded up. Before you drop your saved token into a new instance of MapTools, you'll need to do this:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Go to Edit - Campaign Properties. You may need to change the tab from Token Properties to something else and then back again (at least I always have to do so) as otherwise you'll see a jumbled text list.

Anyway, hit New, type in 4e into the Name field, and paste the following in (grabbed from here):

Code:
-------------------|CORE|-------------------
Level
ClassHP
MaxHP
TempHP
MiscHP
*HP
Bloodied
SurgeValue
SurgePerDay
*SurgeRemaining
*AP
TempAC
*AC
*Fortitude
*Reflex
*Will
*Speed
*Elevation
*Notes
MiscSaveBonus
MiscAttBonus
MiscDamBonus
Description
----------------|EQUIPMENT|-----------------
ArmorCheckPenalty (ACP)
Weapon1Bonus (WB1)
Weapon2Bonus (WB2)
Weapon3Bonus (WB3)
Weapon1Damage (WD1)
Weapon2Damage (WD2)
Weapon3Damage (WD3)
Weapon1DamBonus
Weapon2DamBonus
Weapon3DamBonus
Weapon1MaxDamage
Weapon2MaxDamage
Weapon3MaxDamage
Weapon1Crit
Weapon2Crit
Weapon3Crit
Implement1Bonus
Implement2Bonus
Implement3Bonus
Implement1DamBonus
Implement2DamBonus
Implement3DamBonus
Implement1Crit
Implement2Crit
Implement3Crit
WeaponCBonus (WBC)
WeaponCDamage (WD1)
WeaponCDamBonus
WeaponCMaxDamage
WeaponCCrit
ImplementCBonus
ImplementCDamBonus
ImplementCCrit
----------------|ATTRIBUTES|----------------
Strength (Str)
Constitution (Con)
Dexterity (Dex)
Intelligence (Int)
Wisdom (Wis)
Charisma (Cha)
------------------|SKILLS|------------------
Acrobatics
Arcana
Athletics
Bluff
Diplomacy
Dungeoneering
Endurance
Heal
History
Insight
Intimidate
Nature
Perception
Religion
Stealth
Streetwise
Thievery
------------------|BONUS|-------------------
StrBonus
ConBonus
DexBonus
IntBonus
WisBonus
ChaBonus
LevelBonus
InitBonus

Then hit Update, then OK. Drop your token down, make it a PC, then double left click it. Go to Config, then hit the dropdown for Properties. Choose 4e, then OK. Now all of your stats (under Properties) should be properly loaded up. Edit away to your heart's content.

Attached is my current token if anybody wants to see it (zipped up to meet upload requirements for the forum). It's color coded based on attack type and whatnot as well to make it easier for me to find things. The HP buttons were all grabbed from the RPTools.net forums and seem to work great. kadnod, if you'd be so kind, look over it to make sure I didn't screw something up as far as his stats go. His HP and such should be correct based on where we left the campaign off.

If anybody has any questions, give me a hollar. Additionally, if anybody is in need of a fully macroed up token, or wants help in making their own, let me know. I have time before gametime a week and a half from now.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2010, 06:14:25 PM »

lol i forgot to mention inline tooltips smile  kadnod has it set up server side (even if you click the check box, it wont work if the host doesnt have it set) and i had mine clicked but i forgot that the host setting doesnt  "force" all players to use it and anyone without it checked would be seeing a lot of mumbo jumbo smile

i cant believe someone did break out crying in game trying to figure out what was going on smile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on July 11, 2010, 06:14:25 PM

lol i forgot to mention inline tooltips smile  kadnod has it set up server side (even if you click the check box, it wont work if the host doesnt have it set) and i had mine clicked but i forgot that the host setting doesnt  "force" all players to use it and anyone without it checked would be seeing a lot of mumbo jumbo smile

Ah, interesting. Now that I didn't know about. I figured it was client-side, which is why I brought it up. Of course, I was technically being the GM when I was editing my character yesterday, which would explain why it seemed to work as well as it did.

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2010, 12:24:32 AM »

Proto campaign map

Spoiler for Hiden:

Party is currently in the hilly section of the map in the NW.  I'm still working on the exact scale.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2010, 03:46:34 PM »

Sweet.  

I vote that we collect all of the impossibly rare components necessary to construct a single-use Divinity Pulse Weapon capable of blasting necrotic tissue within a city-wide radius into dust.  Then we'll fight our way through Fort Five Fangs and figure out a way to throw open the ancient floodgates to send a massive surge downstream, smashing a path into the heart of the abandoned mythril mines beneath Tiam-Krey and washing away any erstwhile defenders.  It'll also signal the combined tribal armies we've coerced into helping us to begin their assault on the walls, drawing out the bulk of the undead while we careen downriver, battle our way up into the heart of the city, and detonate the weapon.  After that, it's just a simple matter of destroying the unknowable horror that caused the undead to congregate there in the first place, and we're home free.

My character rolls a check to invent the phrase "Coalition of the Living."

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:07:26 PM by Autistic Angel » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2010, 01:26:31 AM »

Just a heads up, I will be flying to Denver next week on Wednesday, but I am arriving at the hotel at 4:00 PM (Denver time, destructor care to convert to eastern for me?   icon_biggrin  )  This will be after I get from D.C. this week, where I am currently for business...

I should be able to pick up dinner and get to my room in time to game, far as I know I should easily be able to run mumble and maptools on my work laptop.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2010, 03:45:08 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on July 14, 2010, 01:26:31 AM

Just a heads up, I will be flying to Denver next week on Wednesday, but I am arriving at the hotel at 4:00 PM (Denver time, destructor care to convert to eastern for me?   icon_biggrin  )  This will be after I get from D.C. this week, where I am currently for business...

I should be able to pick up dinner and get to my room in time to game, far as I know I should easily be able to run mumble and maptools on my work laptop.

*smacks the Dwarf upside the head* Tongue

And AA, I think that's a great idea, as crazy and epic as it sounds. Let's do it! biggrin

But before we start your epic plan of epicness, Winnish does bring up a good point - the boss might get a little antsy if we do stay out here for the night. I know he has a lot of things on his mind right now, but he might get worried if we don't return home, especially if Sam makes it back before we do.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »

Well, we should probably decide on a course of action so kadnod will have enough time to create any maps, encounters, and skill challenges for our session on Wednesday.  I've made my pitch for a long-term goal, plus some crazy stuff I made up about how we might be able to pull it off, but I'm hardly married to it.  If it doesn't fit with the vision others had for the campaign, I'm cool with pursuing something else. icon_cool

*If* we want to seize Tiam-Krey, the next step would be use Jett's Floating Disc to glide the wagon, driver, and contents back to base camp before we rest.  As long as there's a reasonable expectation we can make it without too much more fighting, that is.  If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.

Upon our return, Bilon could use his superior Diplomacy skills to persuade the Tribal Council that a single half-eaten dragonborn and a handful of ghouls are sufficient reason to muster our meager resources and mobilize for war.  The good news is that I think the people will likely support the idea: they're sick and tired of trying to scratch out a living in the rocky wastes while the undead are free to crap up our awesome city.

If the Council wavers, we can try making a more direct appeal to the individual interests of its members.  Retaking the city means reclaiming its temples, libraries, wealth, and strategic importance, and fortunately we happen to have a cleric, a wizard, a rogue, and battlemind who could work with their colleagues and mentors to build support for those causes.

Alternatively, if the Council simply refuses to hear reason, we can take our case directly to the people.  Civil unrest and popular sentiment only go so far.  People will credit the Council for providing structure and security, no matter how hollow a facade it might be.  If Winnish were to use his slick Thievery skills to quietly procure some distinctive items belonging to members of the Council -- the sorts of things they might accidentally leave behind if they were surprised while conspiring with undead emissaries, for example -- I think we could direct a wave of public outrage to wash away the opposition and leave less recalcitrant members of the community in its wake.

We also have the option of returning the dragonborn to her own tribe.  No matter how seriously our own Tribal Council takes the threat that has cost her her life, I suspect her people will be v-e-r-y interested to learn the fate of their cherished daughter.

Finally, my guy can chop some boards in half with his hand.  It doesn't help too much, but it's pretty cool.  Hi-YAH! ninja2

-Autistic Angel
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on July 15, 2010, 05:48:50 PM

*If* we want to seize Tiam-Krey, the next step would be use Jett's Floating Disc to glide the wagon, driver, and contents back to base camp before we rest.  As long as there's a reasonable expectation we can make it without too much more fighting, that is.  If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.

Then that settles that - 3 for returning home, 2 for sleeping here. Let's get that wagon tossed together as tightly as possible and I'll start on preparations for my ritual.

Upon our return, Bilon could use his superior Diplomacy skills to persuade the Tribal Council that a single half-eaten dragonborn and a handful of ghouls are sufficient reason to muster our meager resources and mobilize for war.  The good news is that I think the people will likely support the idea: they're sick and tired of trying to scratch out a living in the rocky wastes while the undead are free to crap up our awesome city.

You make for an interesting proposal. As much as the populace would like to return to their ways and have a solid wall protecting them, I don't see them putting themselves at such risk to do it just yet. Yes, there are definitely problems afoot, but I don't think it's that big of an issue.

If the Council wavers, we can try making a more direct appeal to the individual interests of its members.  Retaking the city means reclaiming its temples, libraries, wealth, and strategic importance, and fortunately we happen to have a cleric, a wizard, a rogue, and battlemind who could work with their colleagues and mentors to build support for those causes.

Alternatively, if the Council simply refuses to hear reason, we can take our case directly to the people.  Civil unrest and popular sentiment only go so far.  People will credit the Council for providing structure and security, no matter how hollow a facade it might be.  If Winnish were to use his slick Thievery skills to quietly procure some distinctive items belonging to members of the Council -- the sorts of things they might accidentally leave behind if they were surprised while conspiring with undead emissaries, for example -- I think we could direct a wave of public outrage to wash away the opposition and leave less recalcitrant members of the community in its wake.

Going against the Council that directly would not be a good thing as far as our health or our livelihood goes. I wouldn't suggest mentioning this to anybody else back at camp either. Who knows who'll tell somebody higher up the command chain?

We also have the option of returning the dragonborn to her own tribe.  No matter how seriously our own Tribal Council takes the threat that has cost her her life, I suspect her people will be v-e-r-y interested to learn the fate of their cherished daughter.

An honorable, yet extremely dangerous suggestion. Her people would have no reason to believe us for starters, and odds are we'd be turned into pincushions or charred remnants of ourselves if we got anywhere close to their camps.

Finally, my guy can chop some boards in half with his hand.  It doesn't help too much, but it's pretty cool.  Hi-YAH! ninja2

-Autistic Angel

You break boards just as effectively as you break skulls. I figured as such, but it's good to know in a pinch if we ever get trapped in a wooden cage or something.  icon_lol

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »

OOC:  Can anyone remind me which tribe she was from?
And AA, you have given me my new sig.  Thanks.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2010, 09:32:06 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on July 15, 2010, 07:31:51 PM

You make for an interesting proposal. As much as the populace would like to return to their ways and have a solid wall protecting them, I don't see them putting themselves at such risk to do it just yet. Yes, there are definitely problems afoot, but I don't think it's that big of an issue.

Heroes have a responsibility to save people in danger.  "Heroes," by contrast, have the freedom to save people before danger strikes.  We have an opportunity to rescue these tribes from the rising rotting menace by motivating them to take the threat seriously before it becomes a crisis.

Before we leave the site, let's harvest some of the ghoul venom into one of the water skins from our adventurer kits.  Then, while we make our presentation to the Tribal Council, we'll have Winnish slip into the food stores and lace random edibles with the paralytic-

You know, I find Bioware's "evil" options really unsatisfying. icon_twisted

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:35:31 PM by Autistic Angel » Logged
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2010, 09:33:26 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on July 15, 2010, 07:43:03 PM

And AA, you have given me my new sig.  Thanks.

Wow, I'm honored!  Thanks! icon_wink

-Autistic Angel
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2010, 03:59:59 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on July 15, 2010, 05:48:50 PM

Epic stuff and  . . .

icon_lol  I think you just won Dungeons and Dragons! Like, forever!

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2010, 04:07:10 AM »

Quote from: Arnir on July 15, 2010, 07:43:03 PM

OOC:  Can anyone remind me which tribe she was from?

Spoiler for Hiden:
You believe the dead dragonborn woman was from the Black Raptor tribe.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2010, 05:32:57 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on July 15, 2010, 09:32:06 PM

Quote from: Destructor on July 15, 2010, 07:31:51 PM

Heroes have a responsibility to save people in danger.  "Heroes," by contrast, have the freedom to save people before danger strikes.  We have an opportunity to rescue these tribes from the rising rotting menace by motivating them to take the threat seriously before it becomes a crisis.

But we're not heroes. We're just 5 guys who went out looking for a missing sheep-herder and stumbled upon some unusual things. Yeah, you may have fists of steel, and Rangrim has fists of stone, and the rest of us have our own things that make us pretty good, but I wouldn't consider ourselves heroes. We're just people.

Before we leave the site, let's harvest some of the ghoul venom into one of the water skins from our adventurer kits.  Then, while we make our presentation to the Tribal Council, we'll have Winnish slip into the food stores and lace random edibles with the paralytic-

icon_eek saywhat eek

*backs slowly away from the Monk*
---

kadnod - at this point, we do have a simple majority for heading back to camp with the wagon in 'tow'. Should we move onward, should we continue to discuss things like we've been doing, or... I guess what I'm asking is this - how much did you expect us to get 'done' during the time between games so you can continue onward with our journey Wednesday?

Sorry to be so blunt, but I don't know what kind of time you need to craft our continuing adventures.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:38:00 AM by Destructor » Logged

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »

"Glad you lot finally can see a bit of reason.  Despite the stench of the dragonborn, if perhaps anyone has something to mask the scent I be thinking it would be best to take her with us.

While Tiam-krey is a threat, let's be honest...the tribes be scattered across the lands.  It would be suicide to try an take the city on our own, and I don't be thinkin' that deception will be the best route to take.  These folk have been decimated over the years thanks to being gullible enough to be deceived by the dragon gods they served.

As much as I be likin' a direct approach, perhaps caution is the best approach right now. 

That said, right now all we need to be worryin' about is that we get back to Kavak an the Crows."

OOC:

Certainly we need to address the undead, or else everyone will forever continue t live a nomadic and splintered life.  Provoking the undead without a force strong enough to wipe them out when they counter attacked would just get a lot of innocent folk killed.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2010, 10:45:40 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on July 16, 2010, 05:32:57 AM

---

kadnod - at this point, we do have a simple majority for heading back to camp with the wagon in 'tow'. Should we move onward, should we continue to discuss things like we've been doing, or... I guess what I'm asking is this - how much did you expect us to get 'done' during the time between games so you can continue onward with our journey Wednesday?

Sorry to be so blunt, but I don't know what kind of time you need to craft our continuing adventures.

Lets say you all head back to your tribe's camp.  If you all haven't divided up the loot from the last game yet, it might be a good idea to do so before the next game.  Please feel free to keep planning & role-playing & whatnot in the meantime.  The next session will pick up when you actually reach the camp.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:53 PM »

aaawwwww and here i was all gun ho and ready to be jumped on the way home smile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2010, 11:51:05 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on July 16, 2010, 11:24:53 PM

aaawwwww and here i was all gun ho and ready to be jumped on the way home smile

Don't worry, we would've been fine - I still had my most powerful of incantations (my Daily) available to me. smile

And why did I suggest casting that ritual again? This cart is heavier than it looks, even with magic. Which one of you are actually in the cart with the Dragonborn instead of out walking?

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »

What, ya actually expect me to walk?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2010, 06:11:57 AM »

The...what...you...

Look - the only reason I'm not kicking you off of the wagon right now is because you've been writing down our adventures for Kavak to read. Right? biggrin

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »

According to the reports, "Bilon panicked?"  Panicked?  Hmm. Someone's health plan just lost a provider.  

"Let's get a move on and get back to the people."

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »

Just callin' a spade a spade!
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on July 18, 2010, 01:38:39 PM

Hey, DM or GM or Bob, whatever!  What do you need decided before we start the session on Wednesday?

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on July 19, 2010, 04:07:59 PM

Hey, DM or GM or Bob, whatever!  What do you need decided before we start the session on Wednesday?

"Don't you go gettin' any crazy ideas!

And yeah, I be writing this all down for Kavak, but I got short arms, it takes me a while!"
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2010, 03:25:28 AM »

Quote from: Arnir on July 19, 2010, 04:07:59 PM

I think you've all done everything you need to do, with the possible exception of dividing up the loot.  Next session will start when you reach camp.  

It's late evening as you finally trudge your way back to camp, wagon in tow.   You wonder why there are so many bonfires lit?  And why do you all hear so much laughing . . .

To be continued Weds, 8pm EST!  icon_wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: