http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 12:03:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [D&D 4th Ed.] Official GT Campaign 3: No Business Like Gnome Business  (Read 71620 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2010, 04:18:52 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on July 20, 2010, 03:25:28 AM

To be continued Weds, 8pm EST!  icon_wink

So, what time is that in my time zone again? biggrin

And Winnish, you want those Boots of Stealth? I doubt the rest of us are of the proper mindset to use such an item effectively.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2010, 12:20:28 PM »

Server should be up at 7:15 tonight, folks, if anyone wants to preload the maps.  If anybody has a connection issue, just send me a PM (or just talk to me if I'm on Mumble. )

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »

I should be able to get on a bit early provided none of my flights are delayed.  I fly from Pittsburgh to Atlanta in about an hour, and then fly from Atlanta to Denver.  I only have carry on luggage so things should be fairly smooth.

I would say it is a safe assumption that the party would give Winnish the boots.  Outside of that I am thinking we can just keep a party stash for the time being.  I don't think there is going to be anyone in camp we will be able to sell stuff to, although we may be able to barter, but again what exactly would be available to us from the camp?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on July 21, 2010, 01:44:22 PM

Outside of that I am thinking we can just keep a party stash for the time being.  I don't think there is going to be anyone in camp we will be able to sell stuff to, although we may be able to barter, but again what exactly would be available to us from the camp?

Agreed. And while we might not be able to sell them in the traditional terms, we could always barter them for future favors with our craftsmen or priests if the need comes later on.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2010, 11:15:41 PM »

*Winnish* "I will gladly sport the fine fancy of such stealthy soles!  And, because my talents are those of an obfuscate extraordinaire I will be equally glad to relinquish them should their value to others supersecede the need to procure the valueables of others!"
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2010, 11:58:22 PM »

Having trouble getting online at hotel.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2010, 12:07:39 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on July 21, 2010, 11:58:22 PM

Having trouble getting online at hotel.

No problem, Arkon. Jump in whenever you can if you manage to get in.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2010, 12:19:34 AM »

Just got my internet up, joining asap
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2010, 03:52:24 AM »

LOL seriously he slime me huh? that was quick smile
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2010, 04:22:40 AM »

And thus did our noble heroes say "Nay!" to the unscrupulous imperial delegation, only to be roughly used by improbable animals and their strangely animate phlegm . . .

loot and stuff

Spoiler for Hiden:
600 xp each.

In the belly of one of the bulettes you find an emerald worth about 100 gp.
There's an odd, gold spearhead buried deep in the skull of the other bulette.  When removed, the shaft of the spear reforms.  After some arcane examinations, you begin to understand its magical properties.  (It counts as a level 5 Vengeful Weapon.  stats are in the character builder, but I can send them to anyone who doesn't have access.)

Quote from: Doopri on July 22, 2010, 03:52:24 AM

LOL seriously he slime me huh? that was quick smile

Yeah, that's pretty awesome.  thumbsup

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2010, 03:32:05 PM »

*Jett looks at his slimed compatriots and then his clean self*

That was by far the most disgusting fight I have ever been involved in. And one where apparently the Gods themselves were keeping me from being at my finest.

Oh, and get a sample of that slime, okay? I'd like some for later analysis.
---

As for the Spear:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Simple 1 handed melee weapon
1d8, +2 proficient bonus
Versatile (can be used 2 handed to inflict +1 damage)

+1 attack and +1 to damage rolls, extra +1d6 damage when crit
Power (Encounter, Free Action): Use this power when an attack hits a bloodied ally within 10 squares of you. Gain a +2 Power bonus to attack rolls and +1d10 on damage rolls with this weapon against the attacker until the end of your next turn.

So in short, somebody hits a bloodied ally (which won't be hard based on our games so far), you trigger the power, and you get +2 to attack and +1d10 on damage for 2 attacks against the mob that did said attack.

A very nice brutal weapon and one that I wouldn't see myself using as it's such an inelegant way of dealing with one's opponents. Give me a Staff of Ruin any day.
---

kadnod - as you said last night, that fight does bump us up in level. Should we do so or wait until we return back to camp?

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2010, 04:03:36 PM »

Man, it's hard playing a quiet character sometimes.  I really wanted to learn more about that guy's intriguing plan to gear up for a major military operation by deporting anyone who served in the military.  Sometimes the subtle wisdom of such ideas isn't immediately apparent, but I'm sure we could have come to an understanding in the time it took him to bury the bodies of his entourage.

I suspect that if we don't build our own tribal alliance to liberate our city, the Prepotency will succeed in doing it for us.  We just need to decide who we want establishing the criteria for citizenship.

-Autistic Angel
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on July 22, 2010, 04:03:36 PM

I suspect that if we don't build our own tribal alliance to liberate our city, the Prepotency will succeed in doing it for us.  We just need to decide who we want establishing the criteria for citizenship.

-Autistic Angel

Definitely not that guy. I could see his point about Dragonborn (but don't exactly agree with it), but what if he goes further and decides that some of the more unusual races (like ourselves) should be disposed of as well?

As much as I'd like to see him succeed in his attempts to clear out Tiam-Krey, I don't like the thoughts of him becoming leader of the area. Something tells me that we'll see him again.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »

Keep in mind, he is but a pawn.  It is the Emperor who wields the power.  For all we know, it could be yet another ruse, the Dragons could have returned with a puppet who will lead an army to reclaim the lands.  Then think about just how faithful the subjects will be...or to that matter, this so called Emperor could be an evil far worse than the dragons.

His use of shardminds to keep an instantaneous channel of communications across the world to me is a sign of some really bad intentions.

I fully expect some sort of retribution against Rangrim.  It would have likely been a very bloody battle, but I wanted so badly to draw my hammer.  Just because Rangrim has a high diplomacy score doesn't mean he is traditional in his methodology...

icon_biggrin
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2010, 10:17:56 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on July 22, 2010, 03:32:05 PM

kadnod - as you said last night, that fight does bump us up in level. Should we do so or wait until we return back to camp?

Everybody should level up before the next game and post the stats on iplay4e and/or here. 

Anybody who wants access to our iplay4e account and doesn't have it yet, just let me know.  You need a google/gmail account and your character in the Character Builder format to post characters to the account, though.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2010, 11:29:36 AM »

Hey guys.  Sounds like things are going smashing...  (get it? ... smashing...).   icon_neutral

Now that you are ready to ascend to the towering heights of level 2 - I was wondering if you'd be willing to give a bit of a status report, or 'review' if you will - of the classes you are playing.  I am particularly interested in the psionic classes, and what your thoughts are, especially from a players' perspective.

Any feedback would be appreciated if ya' have the time.

Gracias.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2010, 01:29:46 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on July 25, 2010, 11:29:36 AM

Hey guys.  Sounds like things are going smashing...  (get it? ... smashing...).   icon_neutral

Now that you are ready to ascend to the towering heights of level 2 - I was wondering if you'd be willing to give a bit of a status report, or 'review' if you will - of the classes you are playing.  I am particularly interested in the psionic classes, and what your thoughts are, especially from a players' perspective.

Any feedback would be appreciated if ya' have the time.

Gracias.

LD

Hopefully I will get the AAR updated with out most recent adventure sometime in the next two weeks...

icon_eek

Anyways, for the Battlemind, I am torn.  He is a tank in the truest sense, can really take a beating.  When I connect, I hit pretty hard, but this last session I spent a lot of time swinging my hammer at the air.  I am still trying to get used to having less powers, the augmentation point system is a bit odd to get used to.  I also am still trying to adjust to the differences between my warden I played last time and the battlemind.  Marking enemies is only worth anything if I can stay adjacent to them.  Overall the character is doing fairly well so far, just don't try to understand his methodology for diplomacy.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2010, 04:12:38 PM »

Personally, I love your diplomacy. It's very blunt and direct, and yet you still can get the job done. Especially when the dice falls in your favor.

As far as not hitting goes, we will all get a +1 to hit for 2nd level, so that'll help. Also, you can take feats like Versatile Expertise (if you use Implements at all, otherwise it's just +1 to hit with a weapon group) or Weapon Expertise (+1 to hit with a weapon group) to help bolster your numbers.

Personally, I'm going either Versatile Expertise or Enlarge Spell with my feat choice. Which is more valuable - hitting a bit more often or hitting far more targets... My Winged Horde (the power that denies opportunity attacks) would go from Burst 1 (9 squares) to Burst 2 (25 squares). Same with my mini-fireball (the one that knocks people down assuming it hits). Talk about controlling the battlefield.

And Lockdown - so far, a Wizard is a lot of fun. Assuming I hit my target, I can cause all kinds of status effects. My two mainstays are a party-friendly Burst 1 that denies opportunity attacks and another one that causes targets to be knocked down and causes party-friendly minor flame damage for the next turn, and I can expand the effect to three times its size the next turn to roast Minion class mobs alive (as it's auto-damage).

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »

ah level 2 one of my favorite level jumps in the game!  so quick (only 1000XP, really?!?!), those wonderful +1s to everything and such a tangible jump in character talents (yay new feat and utilities!).  its like we cut our teeth to survive the first "hazing" and now, now were ready to travel onward as true adventurers.

heres my "new" character sheet - in the future i might just list my new defense scores and power choices with the rest being noted on my token if this is too much to digest every level kadnod...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Winnish Haversham, level 2
Human, Rogue
Rogue Tactics: Brutal Scoundrel

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 18, Int 11, Wis 8, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 16, Int 11, Wis 8, Cha 13.

AC: 17 Fort: 15 Reflex: 18 Will: 13
HP: 27 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 6
Initiative Bonus: +5

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +9, Bluff +7, Insight +5, Stealth +10 (+12 with anklets), Streetwise +7, Thievery +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +1, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +1, Heal +0, History +2, Intimidate +2, Nature +0, Perception +0, Religion +2

FEATS
Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
Weapon Expertise: Light Blade
Backstabber

POWERS
At-will 1: Sly Flourish
At-will 2: Riposte Strike
At-will 3: Deft Strike
Encounter 1: Torturous Strike
Daily 1: Precise Incision
Utility 2: Sneak in the Attack

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Rapier, Dagger X6, Thieves' Tools, Sunrods X2, 20gp

the short version -i went with Backstabber for my feat (yay d8s for sneak attack!) as well as Sneak in the Attack for my utility.  once an encounter, it lets one of my allies with combat advantage against a target, do extra damage to that target equal to my insane amount of sneak attack damage - trust me you want this!

and kadnod i bolded some of the big changes (defense scores, hp change, etc) and while i adjusted my skill checks i didnt bold every single one of them.  also i didnt change my items / gold from my starting equipment (i have a few talons and im sporting those anklets for now)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:42:14 PM by Doopri » Logged
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »

and lockdown i know hes not a psionic but im really liking my rogue.  i designed him as a pretty straightforward "swashbuckler" type whose main job is to consistently land hits and do significant damage.  so far im really liking him and as long as i roll decently well i feel like i have a very good chance to land those hits on most any enemy.  as i move along im going to focus on getting combat advantage without flanking (he is an "expert swordfighter" so this fits!) along with ongoing damage.  im also wedded to my rapier and would LOVE a parrying one (hint hint kadnod smile - the best part?  i wouldnt even have to FIND such an exotic weapon, the new features could just reflect my character growing in skill and style with his existing blade *wink wink nudge nudge*).  oh and in the future im going to start "dual wielding" more - not so much to attack with as to get the feats that add to damage and defense (i like the idea of my swashbuckling rogue lunging in to strike with the rapier while deftly deflecting blows from all sides with the trusty dagger he always keeps at the ready).  so there you go!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:58:28 PM by Doopri » Logged
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2010, 03:05:38 AM »

You should be updated on iplay4e, Doopri.

If everyone could please decide if you continue on to the campsite or do something else by this Thursday, it would help me plan out the next session.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:23:30 AM by kadnod » Logged

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2010, 03:33:51 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on July 27, 2010, 03:05:38 AM

You should be updated on iplay4e, Doopri.

If everyone could please decide if you continue on to the campsite or do something else by this Thursday, it would help me plan out the next session.  Thanks!

As half of us have expended our daily powers, I think it would be wise if we called it a night. But we do have a lot of healing surges left, and we've gained a level, so I think it would be best if we moved on. The village isn't that far behind us - might be worthwhile if we stayed ahead of them quite a bit incase the campsite is in serious need of 'repair', if you get my drift.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2010, 03:55:59 AM »

(wow full house in the thread huh?!)

Winnish:
*dusting off his armor and using a swatch of grass to wipe some goo off of his blade* "Pip pip!  Move along, move along!  Good ways to go, must keep pace!"  *he resumes a brisk trot in the local area, keeping an eye on the horizon and making idle chat*  I'm not one to speciously speculate whilst sauntering to our summer's stead, but I wonder if our Raptorly relations of the South have made it thus far?  Quite clear now, quite clear indeed isn't it?  Our erstwile empire egregiously expels the scaly saurians.  No doubt, no doubt a't'all!  Will the Raptors most Black seek our extermination in turn, or our aid in exchange?
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2010, 04:05:37 AM »

Kadnod,
How common were these underground attacks.  Would our party have been shocked by this or merely surprised that it happened to us?  Is it a big deal that we would warn others about?  Does that make sense.?

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2010, 04:35:27 AM »

ooooh good thought while winnish is a bit impetuous i know i mentioned in game wed be "marking" as safe a trail for our tribe to follow as possible.  but ya these guys might warrent trying to get a more concrete warning to those behind us.  and while my C might be a bit resistant to stalling the P definitely wants to give a heads up (or at least mark "around" the area after a bit of scouting perhaps, if we can determine that his whole area is subject to frequent attacks?).

and i like the goo storage for later study smile
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2010, 11:09:03 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on July 27, 2010, 04:05:37 AM

Kadnod,
How common were these underground attacks.  Would our party have been shocked by this or merely surprised that it happened to us?  Is it a big deal that we would warn others about?  Does that make sense.?

Weird critter attacks are unfortunately common when journeying alone or in small groups.  You haven't heard of the particular critters that attacked your group before, though.

Marking your trail with some sort of obvious warning for your tribe could be a good idea . . . muahahaha! icon_wink

kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2010, 03:31:44 AM »

OK, folks.  Server should be up by 7:30 on Weds.  If you haven't leveled up yet, it would be a big help if you could do so before the game and either post the results here or on Iplay4e.com.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2010, 06:03:00 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on August 03, 2010, 03:31:44 AM

OK, folks.  Server should be up by 7:30 on Weds.  If you haven't leveled up yet, it would be a big help if you could do so before the game and either post the results here or on Iplay4e.com.

Must stop playing Minecraft to do so... Don't worry, it'll be done for me. Tomorrow I'm planning.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »

New character sheet is posted on iPlay4e.

I really had to make a tough decision between improving my offense, by taking the feat to allow me to change the base stat on basic melee attacks, or towards being able to soak more damage and protect the party.  In the end, I choose to focus on what seems to be my strength thus far, and that is soaking damage.

So I took the following for level 2:

Psionic Vigor
You focus your mind to shrug off injuries.
Encounter        Psionic
Minor Action      Personal
Effect: You gain temporary hit points equal to 5 + your Charisma modifier.

And for my feat choice, I took the following:

Shield the Fallen
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Dwarf
Benefit: When you are adjacent to a bloodied, unconscious, or helpless ally, that ally gains a +2 bonus to saving throws and all defenses. The benefit of this feat doesn’t stack if more than one character with Shield the Fallen is adjacent to the same ally.

We seem to have a knack at getting bloodied, knocked unconscious or being made helpless...

Let me know what you all think of my choices.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2010, 02:15:23 PM »

Two choices that will quite drastically improve your ability to tank and to help the party at the same time. I love it.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2010, 06:02:34 PM »

I believe my new feat is going to be Unarmored Agility which is described on Page 184 of PHB3 as a straight +2 to AC whenever my monk is either in cloth armor or no armor, which is all the time.  Since my guy's sort of specializes in surrounding himself with enemies and/or provoking Opportunity Attacks, that seems like an ability that will emphasize his agility and be useful in the long term.

My Level 2 Utility Power will be Harmonious Discipline from Page 67 of PHB3:

Quote from: Player's Handbook 3
Harmonious Discipline -- Encounter - Psionic
Minor Action

Effect: You gain temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier.  When you have no temporary hit points remaining, you gain a bonus to the damage roll of your next melee attack before the end of your next turn.  The bonus equals your Wisdom modifier.

Again, I like the idea that this ability would be useful in a wide variety of situations, hopefully helping him out of a tight spot and taking a little  pressure off our cleric.

Neither of these abilities really improve his chance to hit, but I'm hoping he can acquire (buy?) himself a Ki Focus sometime soon to help mitigate my terrible dice rolling. Tongue

Quote from: Lockdown on July 25, 2010, 11:29:36 AM

Monks aren't like any of the other psionic classes: they get regular Encounter powers instead of Power Points, so they play a lot like a martial striker would.  I think they're classified as psionic strikers so there's some kind of justification for their ability to land melee touch attacks against targets standing 12-feet away.

They're really cool, though!  My guy's At-Will abilities are "Full Disciplines" which means they can count as Attacks *and* special Move abilities within the same round.  One makes him move faster while the other lets him slip past enemies without getting hit, so I'm always weighing which one -- with its associated attack -- is better in the current situation.  He also gets a free follow-up strike anytime he lands a hit, but I keep forgetting to use it.  I don't think I invoked it once in our entire last session! icon_redface

-Autistic Angel
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2010, 06:11:05 PM »

Did you hit that many times in the last session for it to have mattered?  I know I only landed I think 2 hits the entire battle.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on August 03, 2010, 06:11:05 PM

Did you hit that many times in the last session for it to have mattered?  I know I only landed I think 2 hits the entire battle.

It only would have been a +3 damage on each hit, but it also lets my monk toss enemies into new squares which might have helped us against that green slime.  I don't have PHB here right now, but I *believe* I remember from one of the Chris Perkins podcasts that if you slide a grappling enemy away from his target, the grapple is automatically broken.

I think when I redo my macros to include the +1 level bonus to hit, I'll put in a reminder for me to invoke Flurry of Blows if it actually lands....

-Autistic Angel
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 03, 2010, 06:19:51 PM

Quote from: Arkon on August 03, 2010, 06:11:05 PM

It only would have been a +3 damage on each hit, but it also lets my monk toss enemies into new squares which might have helped us against that green slime.  I don't have PHB here right now, but I *believe* I remember from one of the Chris Perkins podcasts that if you slide a grappling enemy away from his target, the grapple is automatically broken.

I think when I redo my macros to include the +1 level bonus to hit, I'll put in a reminder for me to invoke Flurry of Blows if it actually lands....

-Autistic Angel

Sounds like a plan, and thanks for the reminder.  I need to work on my macros as well.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2010, 07:56:21 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 03, 2010, 06:19:51 PM

I don't have PHB here right now, but I *believe* I remember from one of the Chris Perkins podcasts that if you slide a grappling enemy away from his target, the grapple is automatically broken.

I think so. Same with my power to deny enemies Opportunity Attacks. Once I've hit them with that, any grapple is automatically ended. Of course, it's not like I could hit anything last encounter either...

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2010, 09:10:26 PM »

How do I change my character in iplay4e?

Here is my leveled up character.

Spoiler for Hiden:
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Bilon, level 2
Dwarf, Cleric

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 14.

AC: 17 Fort: 14 Reflex: 11 Will: 17
HP: 33 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +6, Insight +10, Diplomacy +8, Heal +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana +1, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +5, History +1, Intimidate +3, Nature +5, Perception +5, Stealth, Streetwise +3, Thievery, Athletics

FEATS
Cleric: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Combat Medic
Level 2: Harbinger of Rebirth

POWERS
Channel Divinity: Turn Undead
Cleric at-will 1: Astral Seal
Cleric at-will 1: Sacred Flame
Cleric encounter 1: Vengeful Flare
Cleric daily 1: Moment of Glory
Cleric utility 2: Bless

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Adventurer's Kit, Chainmail, Warhammer, Holy Symbol, Flask (empty) (7), Sanctified Incense (Religion), Sunrod (2), Waterskin, Torch (5)
RITUALS
Gentle Repose, Purify Water

The big changes are:
Harbinger of Rebirth

Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Cleric
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to Heal checks. In addition, any ally within 5 squares of you gains a +5 feat bonus to death saving throws.

AND

Bless

You beseech your deity to bless you and your allies.

Daily        Divine
Minor Action      Close burst 20

Target: You and each ally in burst

Effect: Until the end of the encounter, all targets gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls.

Update (6/14/2010)
In the power’s Action Type entry, replace “Standard” with “Minor.”

Published in Player's Handbook 1, page(s) 64.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2010, 01:01:14 AM »

OK, the Monk with No Name and Bilon are updated on Iplay4e.    

Did anyone take the loot-spear from last session?

Quote from: Arnir
How do I change my character in iplay4e?

If you have a gmail or other google account, I can give you access to the campaign.  Then you can mess around with a character in the Character Builder and load it to the campaign.  

Quote from: Destructor
Don't worry, it'll be done for me.

When you update Jett, could you double check his Rituals?  I saw that "Alchemists Acid" is listed there, but I believe you need the Alchemist feat to actually use it.  (Unless something was updated lately, I think Wizards get Alchemist or Ritual Casting for free, but not both.  The CB will let you buy formulas your character can't actually use, though.)  If you don't want it, feel free to take your money back for whatever you spent on alchemy stuff and/or replace it with another ritual or other equipment.  

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2010, 01:19:29 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on August 04, 2010, 01:01:14 AM

Can anyone actually make use of it in the party?
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2010, 01:33:44 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on August 04, 2010, 01:19:29 AM

Can anyone actually make use of it in the party?

I believe everybody but Jett is proficient with it, and The Monk could use also use it as an implement for his monk-fu powers.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2010, 01:51:32 AM »

Quote from: Destructor
Don't worry, it'll be done for me.
When you update Jett, could you double check his Rituals?  I saw that "Alchemists Acid" is listed there, but I believe you need the Alchemist feat to actually use it.  (Unless something was updated lately, I think Wizards get Alchemist or Ritual Casting for free, but not both.  The CB will let you buy formulas your character can't actually use, though.)  If you don't want it, feel free to take your money back for whatever you spent on alchemy stuff and/or replace it with another ritual or other equipment.  

I could've sworn that I took something that allowed me to get Alchemy in addition to Rituals, as yes, a Wizard only gets Rituals to start off with. Let me fire up the Builder (and get an update apparently) and look.

Yeah - one of my three Rituals was Brew Potion. As a Wizard, I'm allotted 3 Rituals, so I grabbed Tenser's Floating Disk, Brew Potion, and Alchemist's Acid. The Builder didn't complain, so I figured it was acceptable within the game mechanics. If you'd like me to change that around (and pick 3 Rituals only), I gladly will.

And anybody in the party is welcome to have the Spear as far as Jett is concerned. While he knows which end to jab into the enemy, he'd much rather hold on to his implements/staff for spell-casting.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: