http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 07:18:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's the "Where's Calvin/Rage?" thread?  (Read 1522 times)
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2006, 02:48:47 PM »

If it got intentionally disappeared that's cool.  And if you want to disappear this thread too, that's cool -- just PM me so I know the thread deletion wasn't in error/a bug.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 03:07:44 PM »

It was locked.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 03:30:29 PM »

And apparently deleted, cause I can't find it anywhere.

Are we supposed to keep mum about Calvin/Rage, or was it locked for another reason?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

Yeah. I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I'd like to be notified if I commented in a thread that was deleted, and why it was deleted.

Otherwise it's shady. I did comment on that thread and now I'm questioning the actions of the moderators and the content of the thread that was enough to DELETE and not just lock it. I mean, what could be that bad that we couldn't see messages?

... maybe George dubya's administration had something to do with it. ninja

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 04:19:12 PM »

It was locked and apparently deleted by Ron.  I think he locked it because it was quickly turning into a "Hey Rage/Calvin also said he'd do this and he didn't do it..." pile-on.  The direction it was going meant I would have probably locked it too if he hadn't.

Why was it deleted?  Dunno - you'll have to ask the big guy.  No big conspiracy going on - I suspect he just didn't want to leave the thread filled with people airing their gripes about Calvin around in case he decided to visit again.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 05:11:17 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
It was locked and apparently deleted by Ron.  I think he locked it because it was quickly turning into a "Hey Rage/Calvin also said he'd do this and he didn't do it..." pile-on.  The direction it was going meant I would have probably locked it too if he hadn't.

Why was it deleted?  Dunno - you'll have to ask the big guy.  No big conspiracy going on - I suspect he just didn't want to leave the thread filled with people airing their gripes about Calvin around in case he decided to visit again.

I think Ron let off a little steam about the situation out of frustration and decided to nuke the thread.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »

My comment about Calvin not leaving feedback was facetious; I didn't mean anything by it. Clearly he's had other priorities. frown

Calvin, come BACK!! biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 06:21:04 PM »

It was hard to resist the urge just now to create a "Where's the "Where's the "Where's Calvin/Rage?" thread?" thread?" thread.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

and my first reply would be

ECHO!!!!!

Echo:::::

echo.....

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 09:46:31 PM »

Sorry guys.  Working overnights means I have to sleep half the damned day to recover.  

To answer the question, yea, I nuked the thread.  I locked it and really left Adam no place to defend himself.  I wasn't about to unlock it again just for that purpose, and I wasn't going to leave all that vitrol out there without his reply.  It was a catch 22.  Sorry I didn't post about it sooner, but I just woke up. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: