http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 05:38:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site warning in Chrome  (Read 1433 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »

this just popped up in chrome while navigating back to the main forum page. 

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
gamingtrend.com contains content from cpmserver.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified cpmserver.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on cpmserver.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:58:37 AM »

Ouch.   I'll download Chrome and test this myself.  I'm not familiar with this server mentioned.  It might be part of our ad package system?  I'll check into it though. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:29:43 AM »

I have had malware put on my computer before simply by opening a page with a vicious ad on it, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for malware to be put on your computer without actually clicking on an ad.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 04:05:57 AM »

I use Chrome and haven't gotten this warning, but I'll check it out too. I suspect it may be from the google ads side of things.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »

I have been getting redirects on here for about a week.  Only seem to on this website.  Using Firefox.  I did have that Vista Security bug a couple weeks ago but multiple scans with various software show nothing.

morlac00 on PSN
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »

Bizarre.  I'm normally a Firefox user and have never seen that.   I'm using Chrome now and I'm not seeing the warning.  Some vile ad must have slipped in and has since been culled.   Let us know if you see it again please.  Snapshot if you could?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 21, 2012, 04:49:30 PM

Bizarre.  I'm normally a Firefox user and have never seen that.   I'm using Chrome now and I'm not seeing the warning.  Some vile ad must have slipped in and has since been culled.   Let us know if you see it again please.  Snapshot if you could?

Will do.  The last redirect was this morning.  It seems random but only happens when in the forums.

morlac00 on PSN
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »

I added adblock to chrome so haven't run across it since.  I will disable it and see if the ad comes up in rotation again.  I never got more than a moment's notice before chrome stepped in and blocked it so I am not sure which ad was up.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 05:49:04 PM »

Quote from: morlac on January 21, 2012, 05:14:47 PM

It seems random but only happens when in the forums.

This is an important distinction I wish I would have known before now. I am almost certain it is Adsense now.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 01:48:55 PM »

Just happened again when trying to click PCgames tab on the forum list.  It eventually redirected me to Validclick.net but it quickly jumped through about 4 other URL's one of which was click3.net.  The Orgin BF3 ad was at the top.  Rapidly hitting the back key will eventually get me back to GT.  I then clicked this forum tab and it sent me to : http://gamingtrend.com/forums/intertidalimprudent.php where you get the we can't fin this page hamster.  I'm still not totally convinced it's not something on my end but i can't seem to find anything.

morlac00 on PSN
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »

Definitely some weirdness with that URL.  Clicking on it made my computer burn a few cycles (not sure why... hopefully not bad) and a google brings up some suspicious results:  https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=intertidalimprudent.php

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: