http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 02:02:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nitpick about the Burnout Revenge review  (Read 1272 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2005, 08:57:13 PM »

What system is this for?

Can't tell from the graphic on the front page and can't tell from the review.  I'm pretty sure it's Xbox but... you know... am I missing it somewhere?

paranoid
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 09:26:04 PM »

Look at the box art? :wink: (appears to be Xbox)

Though I agree it should probably be mentioned in the intro.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 09:28:10 PM »

Well I thought about that.  I don't have an Xbox but don't the games say Xbox somewhere on the front cover?

I guess I'm wondering if the review page shouldn't state clearly what system the game is being reviewed for?  For instance: here's the Armored Core: Nine Breaker review.  If I'm sent the link by someone I can't tell what system this is for unless I know it already or it is mentioned in the body of the review itself.

Maybe at the top where it says "Review" before the game name it could say PS2 Review or Xbox Review?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 09:37:13 PM »

The box art on the right of the review is always the giveaway on what version it is that is being reviewed.  It's also on the front page under "New Reviews" listing with the system it is reviewed on.  Of course, once enough reviews come up that knock it off the list you won't see it anymore, but by that time it won't be the featured graphic anymore and should have a system logo if it gets a spot on the left.

The stuff in gameplay (with button names) should also giveaway it is an Xbox review.  I reviewed it and if I purchase a game that is multi-platform I will almost always get the Xbox version over the PS2 version.  This of course is different from being provided a game, in that case I sometimes don't have a choice.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 09:39:15 PM »

The problem I have is one with the page formatting.  The gray bar that goes above the picture always ends up on top of it, covering the indicator.  Games for all systems show at the top what system the game is for, it's just covered when I view reviews (except GBA/DS where it is on the side).

I take it I'm not the only one having this problem?  I suspect not since you can't tell (believe me, if I use "kill" to delete that little image I can see the top of the box shot fine).  I'm running Opera 8.02.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 10:01:50 PM »

Wow stiffler.  I never thought of that.  I use Opera at work and Firefox at home.  I can see on the box art that it is an Xbox game now that I'm home and on Firefox but at work on Opera the Xbox part of the box art didn't show.

My bad.  Actually my browser is bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: