http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 10:49:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Forum Problems  (Read 1520 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »

So two things I noticed pretty quickly.
1. I can't get to my profile. There is no button for it.
2. It doesn't look like I can reply to messages. Again, I don't see any way to do it. In the location where you click for a new post I see "Mark as Unread" and "Print".

LiveTAG: happydog
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 07:46:28 PM »

Quote from: happydog on August 12, 2006, 07:45:04 PM

2. It doesn't look like I can reply to messages. Again, I don't see any way to do it. In the location where you click for a new post I see "Mark as Unread" and "Print".

What theme are you using?  What web browser, try IE.  Is profile missing up top, should be between search and my messages.  Reply should be at the top and bottom of the page, should be the first button.  Do you have the quote button to reply that way hopefully?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 08:06:54 PM »

Quote from: happydog on August 12, 2006, 07:45:04 PM

Both items should be corrected.  Let me know if it isn't.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 08:22:39 PM »

Looks good now. Thanks.

Also might want to move this into feedback as that is where I meant to post it.

LiveTAG: happydog
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:28:00 AM »

I have a problem with PM's as well. My CP keeps telling me I have a new PM, but the newest PM in my inbox is over a month old and has been opened many times. Any ideas?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 04:35:15 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 15, 2006, 02:28:00 AM

I have a problem with PM's as well. My CP keeps telling me I have a new PM, but the newest PM in my inbox is over a month old and has been opened many times. Any ideas?

Mark em all as read.  I had a little over 200 messages and fought with this until I figured that out.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 12:04:06 PM »

I'm having a problem with "You've submitted this post already." WTF - I have not! And worst of all, it really wont let me post it and I lose whatever text I typed in and have to come back later and try posting again.
Usually happens when I post a post, then go to post another not too long after.. but if I wait an hour or so, it's fine.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 15, 2006, 12:04:06 PM

I'm having a problem with "You've submitted this post already." WTF - I have not! And worst of all, it really wont let me post it and I lose whatever text I typed in and have to come back later and try posting again.
Usually happens when I post a post, then go to post another not too long after.. but if I wait an hour or so, it's fine.

I get this occasionally too.  I hit the back button, copy whatever words of wisdom I typed into the clipboard, and go back to the thread.  Then I hit refresh, hit reply again, and all is good.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »

What is the second list of icons on the forum pages? So console games. Far left row shows hot topics, topics posted in, etc. Second row just looks like a few little pages, all the way down-no difference in anything at all-and it takes up an extra row. Kathode and I were tryign to figure this out.

Thanks!

Ok edit-actually the calendar thread has a line through it-so some do have icons. Just curious exactly what they are for.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 03:16:01 PM by Calvin » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 15, 2006, 03:13:19 PM

What is the second list of icons on the forum pages? So console games. Far left row shows hot topics, topics posted in, etc. Second row just looks like a few little pages, all the way down-no difference in anything at all-and it takes up an extra row. Kathode and I were tryign to figure this out.

Thanks!

Those are the topic icons/message icon.  Standard looks like 2 pages, there are a bunch of other icons but no one uses em.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 03:16:34 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on August 15, 2006, 03:15:54 PM

Quote from: Calvin on August 15, 2006, 03:13:19 PM

Thanks!

Those are the topic icons/message icon.  Standard looks like 2 pages, there are a bunch of other icons but no one uses em.
Doh!! Should have figured that out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: