http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 12:09:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lighten up, people  (Read 3385 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2008, 07:27:15 AM »

I'm not really sure if this is the place to post it, but if not, I'm sure I'll be told all about it.

Lately, I've noticed a trend on this forum, where people get really ugly to eachother, if they disagree about something. Its even begun to happen if you post a thread some people find redundant, you'll get all kinds of thrashtalk.

As far as I know, there's no forum law against posting thread which may seem redundant to others. Also, if you dont like a thread, why not just ignore it? its it really NECCESARY that YOU post that you DONT like it or the person posting it?

It's getting really tiresome to read something and see the ugly mood and general bitching of people..

anyways, this is just general plea to people - lighten up! If you dont like the post or the poster, ignore it - I'm sure there's enough room in here for all of us...or at least, I assume there is?

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:46:10 AM »

Shut the f**k up!

slywink

I can't say I've noticed the same trend as you. If it's there, perhaps it's because almost everyone is nervous about the upcoming election?
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »

Eh, I have noticed it a little bit more than normal lately.  I think the main reason is everyone is just a little more stressed with <fill in blank/election/economy/job> than normal.

Redundant posts FTW. ninja

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »

I haven't noticed anything of the sort-seems like business as usual to me.  Of course I haven't been browsing as much as I used to (or at least I like to think so!)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »

screw you Europeans and your tolerance!

Tongue

hell, post away people!  I expect 17 Fable 2 threads by 2am EST tonight!  I'm looking forwards to PeteRocks one on fashion critiquing the new style of heroes and villains  nod

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 03:09:51 PM »

I believe Razgon is referring to (or at least the catalysts were) threads started by CeeKay & I with "impressions" for games not yet released. Some people expressed their um ... displeasure ... with these threads.

Personally, i didn't mean to offend anyone, and I certainly had no expectation that my Fable 2 thread would cause the slightest bit of discord, else I would've waited. I just thought it was common practice to have an impressions thread a day or 2 early. Hell we never get to actual impressions till page 2 anyway smile
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »

Bah it's tradition to start impressions threads early and not actually have any impressions until the 2nd page.

One of the greatest threads ever was about Mass Effect that started like 6 months before it released.

I'm not really sure if this is the place to post it, but if not, I'm sure I'll be told all about it.

Also, lately, I've noticed a trend on this forum, where people get really ugly to eachother, if they disagree about something. Its even begun to happen if you post a thread some people find redundant, you'll get all kinds of thrashtalk.

As far as I know, there's no forum law against posting thread which may seem redundant to others. Also, if you dont like a thread, why not just ignore it? its it really NECCESARY that YOU post that you DONT like it or the person posting it?

It's getting really tiresome to read something and see the ugly mood and general bitching of people..

anyways, this is just general plea to people - lighten up! If you dont like the post or the poster, ignore it - I'm sure there's enough room in here for all of us...or at least, I assume there is?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 03:20:04 PM »

I'll add my own voice to the plea.  I've been spending more of my time at Gamers with Jobs because of the changes I've been seeing here, but it's hard to switch to a new boat.  I want this to be the place I want to be.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 04:21:32 PM »

Hey I am always bitchy, that's my thing. But I haven't been posting here any more than usual.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »

Guys,its no-one in particular I'm "after" here , just the general feeling I get, which of course be only me, but... When I first came here due to the Great OOutage, I loved the place...people were friendly, and the mood was goodnatured, and the teasing was friendly and with a twink in eye :-)

I just see more and more displeasure being posted over other peoples posts, as if some have more rights than others, and thats a bit sad...

I may be an oversensitive idiot for feeling like this (I know I am at times) but its just the vibe I feel here, that has changed a bit..

A new one
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 20, 2008, 05:10:18 PM

I just see more and more displeasure being posted over other peoples posts, as if some have more rights than others, and thats a bit sad...

I may be an oversensitive idiot

Man. You know the forum has gone down hill when the posters are hating on themselves. crybaby crybaby crybaby   icon_wink
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 08:35:33 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 20, 2008, 03:12:31 PM

Its even begun to happen if you post a thread some people find redundant, you'll get all kinds of thrashtalk.

I agree.  Maybe more people are on dial-up or metered connections than I was aware of, but I'm always amazed by people who seem to be worried about the waste of digital ink. 
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 10:01:31 PM »

Been hanging out at the R&P forum much?   icon_wink
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 10:05:25 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 20, 2008, 08:35:33 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 20, 2008, 03:12:31 PM

Its even begun to happen if you post a thread some people find redundant, you'll get all kinds of thrashtalk.

I agree.  Maybe more people are on dial-up or metered connections than I was aware of, but I'm always amazed by people who seem to be worried about the waste of digital ink. 

Ha ha! gotchyoo. i didn't actually say that. I copied word for word from the OP in order to add some redundancy.  OMG JOX ON J00!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 12:27:32 AM »

I think some people might be referring to my comment here.  http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php/topic,29726.msg474295.html#msg474295

I was basically making fun of Ceekay because he and others would complain about Daehawk starting multiple threads for the same game/topic.  I'm sure Ceekay got that, and I'm sorry if it started something more than it needed to be.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 12:29:33 AM »

Quote from: naednek on October 21, 2008, 12:27:32 AM

I think some people might be referring to my comment here.  http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php/topic,29726.msg474295.html#msg474295

I was basically making fun of Ceekay because he and others would complain about Daehawk starting multiple threads for the same game/topic.  I'm sure Ceekay got that, and I'm sorry if it started something more than it needed to be.

you mean you aren't a mean man and wanted to make me cry?  Tongue

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 09:54:27 PM »

Obviously the OP must be referring to me trying to sweep the Eee PC fans' posts out of the Acer Aspire One thread. But if I don't do it, WHO WILL? If they don't stop it, the AA1 thread will spiral out of control, break the Hadron Collider in France, and hurl us all into Dimension 13. All because of a little, "harmless," off topic posting.  icon_evil icon_evil icon_lol

We have our disagreements I'll admit, but compared to most other gaming message boards, or even active blog comments threads (which often spiral into nasty chaos), GT forums are like an oasis of civilization in the middle of a bunch of ravenous screaming zombies in Hell.  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. Or am I just having a Left4Dead vision...

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Dirt
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 03:00:09 PM »

Familiarity breeds comtempt.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »

Well I don't know you at all, so I guess I must be crazy about you then.  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.  Tongue

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 10:33:06 PM »

Lighten up, Francis, or Sgt Hulka with the big toe is going to see how far he can stick it up your a**!

icon_lol

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »

GT is Sesame Street compared to Quarter to Three, the more active I become there the more I realize it's only a step above the cesspools that are official game forums. Seriously, forget about the fact that my use of the word "gay" to describe Crysis in a joking manner created 3 pages worth of homosexual comments and pictures. Look at nearly every thread and 3/4 of it is bickering between members rather than discussing the topic of the post.

It makes me appreciate GT much more, to interact with gamers who actually have lives outside of gaming forums.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 12:11:17 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on October 30, 2008, 05:37:53 PM

It makes me appreciate GT much more, to interact with gamers who actually have lives outside of gaming forums.

except for the DRM'ers, which apparently you hate.

Tongue

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: