http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 01:24:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an Ignore feature in the works?  (Read 19334 times)
SuperHiro
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2007, 04:19:57 AM »

I blame Hellgate: London's boneheaded decision to charge for mp.

Just Hiro will do.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2007, 04:37:36 AM »

I think what has brought this on is just differing opinions and people being dicks about it.  People are trolling in threads just to start bitch fights (IE PS 3 v 360 v wii..  I think that the best thing the administration did was cut the PS 3 threads for a day.  At least then it was peaceful.  Bottom line is people need to stop picking fights...give your opinion and move on. 

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2007, 04:51:08 AM »

Except it's not that easy.. it never is. There are going to be trolls, there are going to be people promoting the latest penis enlargement and russin mail-order brides, people are going to debate which console is better, others are going to call them on it, some people are going to call Bush the worst president in U.S. history while others want to bed him! That's just the way of life.. And that's why, IMO, there's nothing wrong with an ignore function. It gives people the freedom they should have to choose who they want to ignore if for some reason that other poster(s) seem offensive to them. It sure as hell beats censorship. We should have a good healthy PS3 vs 360 vs Wii debate going on in the console forum, that's what the board is all about, consoles!
Naturally people are going to have different opinions (although in the end we all know the 360 is the best  icon_biggrin) on them, most of us can do it in a civilized manner and either ignore posts that may lure us into it, or debate it in a respectful manner.
That's probably the only thing that bothers me is when someone doesn't show you respect. You don't have to agree with another person's opinion, but you should at least respect them for it.

However you look at it though, for as long as man has walked the earth, people have argued. Osama the caveman ended up stealing ATB the caveman's girlfriend because his penis was larger. ATB just moved on to to another cavewoman who could be satisfied by smaller penises!  icon_biggrin

In all seriousness though, it's only been a couple days here.. lets at least give it a week to let this thing run through. Maybe even try a poll to see what the general feeling of the board is. It's my opinion that the ignore function can only do more good for the board than bad.
I still haven't and probably won't ever use it, but hey, it's there if there's in case you feel there's no other alternative.
We should all remember that this is just the INTERNET (ie, text on a computer screen! and never take anything here too seriously. Life is just too damn short to worry about what someone 8,000 miles away whom you haven't even met thinks of you.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2007, 05:02:59 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on January 10, 2007, 04:51:08 AM

Except it's not that easy.. it never is. There are going to be trolls, there are going to be people promoting the latest penis enlargement and russin mail-order brides, people are going to debate which console is better, others are going to call them on it, some people are going to call Bush the worst president in U.S. history while others want to bed him! That's just the way of life.. And that's why, IMO, there's nothing wrong with an ignore function. It gives people the freedom they should have to choose who they want to ignore if for some reason that other poster(s) seem offensive to them. It sure as hell beats censorship. We should have a good healthy PS3 vs 360 vs Wii debate going on in the console forum, that's what the board is all about, consoles!
Naturally people are going to have different opinions (although in the end we all know the 360 is the best  icon_biggrin) on them, most of us can do it in a civilized manner and either ignore posts that may lure us into it, or debate it in a respectful manner.
That's probably the only thing that bothers me is when someone doesn't show you respect. You don't have to agree with another person's opinion, but you should at least respect them for it.

However you look at it though, for as long as man has walked the earth, people have argued. Osama the caveman ended up stealing ATB the caveman's girlfriend because his penis was larger. ATB just moved on to to another cavewoman who could be satisfied by smaller penises!  icon_biggrin

In all seriousness though, it's only been a couple days here.. lets at least give it a week to let this thing run through. Maybe even try a poll to see what the general feeling of the board is. It's my opinion that the ignore function can only do more good for the board than bad.
I still haven't and probably won't ever use it, but hey, it's there if there's in case you feel there's no other alternative.
We should all remember that this is just the INTERNET (ie, text on a computer screen! and never take anything here too seriously. Life is just too damn short to worry about what someone 8,000 miles away whom you haven't even met thinks of you.

+1 I agree with everything that you have said

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2007, 05:12:45 AM »

I thought everything had died down, and we had pretty much gotten over the PS3/360/Wii thing. There are still problems?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2007, 05:38:43 AM »

Quote from: Lee on January 10, 2007, 05:12:45 AM

I thought everything had died down, and we had pretty much gotten over the PS3/360/Wii thing. There are still problems?

Not really, hasn't been a peep for a few days. The ignore feature largely followed the worst of it, and there has been little conflict since. Even some of the more prominent parties don't even have each other on ignore, so that seems like it wasn't needed (me and hetz are getting along fine, hetz and jblank argued civilly earlier today, etc).
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2007, 05:44:36 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 10, 2007, 01:59:33 AM

Be brutally honest - what triggered this shitstorm?

From where I'm sitting, there was a tone shift around the time the PS3 came out and people were very opinionated about whether it was kosher to eBay them or not.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2007, 05:55:42 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 10, 2007, 01:59:33 AM

rant

The answer to your question rhymes with PS3.

Seriously- I thought we were all having fun in this thread except for some people taking it too seriously.

Perhaps we should curtail all gaming talk for a while. Rather we should talk what's hot in fashion, cars, music, etc.  Rename the site "Trend"

Your wish is granted. Long live Jambi.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2007, 06:08:41 AM »

The amount of reports the mod's have been getting the last few months, are increasing.  We generally would get a couple a month, now it's about 2-3 a day.  And it usually involves the same people.  The mods have spoken to some members and things have been addressed behind the scenes, with the understanding that all this is hurting the community and it needs to stop.   

It really comes down to this

1:) Stop trolling (It's against the COC to begin with)
2:) Stop responding to the trolling even if it's hard to resist, you're not solving anything, it just feeds the flames
3:) If you don't agree with what another person has said respect their opinion, don't make it personal
4:) Realize it's a gaming forum, have fun.

If you can't get along with someone, just ignore them, either manually, or use the new feature.  Or better yet, make things right between you two.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:10:24 AM by naednek » Logged
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2007, 06:57:37 AM »

This reminds me of GG. As it grew you got a greater variety of people, and more clashes. Maybe the same thing is happening here?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »

Quote from: Lee on January 10, 2007, 06:57:37 AM

This reminds me of GG. As it grew you got a greater variety of people, and more clashes. Maybe the same thing is happening here?

Maybe you're a jerk!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2007, 02:23:13 PM »

Quote from: Lee on January 10, 2007, 06:57:37 AM

While I agree with that, you could also say since most of us came from GG, it could be the same people who had issues over there, still have the same issues and are displaying them here.

It just comes down to respecting others, and not behaving in a way that goes against the COC.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2007, 03:29:29 PM »

I'm telling you, losing LE was a mistake. He was el-negativo; his electrons forced us to bring forth the protons. Of this I'm positive.  icon_wink

What longtime members have left? I don't know how any of these attitudes could be altered Ron, people make their own beds. PS3/360 bitchfights would have happened regardless of any ignore feature, so going into it with the idea that this would have helped moderation is flawed.

If people want the option to do this, then do it. The people who DO use it aren't really getting the GT experience, and in doing so it creates gaps. Do I think my opinion should sway your decision in running your site, or planning it's future? No. Do I want you to be drinking pepto-dismal ( icon_wink) because of my position (clearly in the NAY camp)? No.

I've posted this publicly, because I'm not afraid of sharing with the GT community what I think.

PMs, IMHO, are for completing trade transactions or private followups; any use of it to stab at others via the site admins is cop-out. You're not a relationship manager, you're not a counsellor, and you're certainly no bartender (Damnit I said BEER, not this American swill  icon_biggrin). It's not your job to worry about whether Calvin is sleeping with CeeKay again (!!) or whether ATB will give in to my constant harassment for him to buy RS:V (although a little pressure would be nice).

This shit should be fun. If some 1000+ poster is so intolerant to others in the community that they can't BEAR to see what someone else has to write, then they should be able to scroll past it, or skim it and ignore it if it's useless. If they have an ignore feature does it make it better? It certainly doesn't do anything to help the community (especially one which uses thread-based posting to communicate).

I don't like it, I won't use it, and I think anyone who does use it might need to evaluate why they can't just avoid people without needing to have a website maintain their dislike for another person on the net. This place is like a guild in a game; people you like and others you practice tolerance for. Building a "dislike" into the forum structure seems somehow wrong. Having the posted stats as to how much dislike you've accrued is even MORE wrong.

That said, I'm not leaving if you decide to leave it in. This, for me, is my primary forum. It's a group of friends whose borders are beyond just GT, it spills into Wiis, and PS3on-line and 360. These are people who also play together and are the primary contributers to the forum. If that cohesion wasn't there, this forum would look like the comments found at the bottom of the ebgames.com site, or IGN. I really don't want to lose that, and that just might be why some people are a little more rabid on this topic.

My 2 cents.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »

[didn't mean to double-post; I thought KD's post was the last one as I didn't see the page 5...  :icon_eek:]

Speaking to Naedneks summary: personally, I think the problem was is that there was no arena for the CageMatch, and it derailed dozens of threads. If there was anything in moderating that needed to be done was to enforce the "stay on topic" rather than getting sucked into he said/she said crap.

Every thread that MENTIONED PS3 or 360 or Wii with any reference to comparison went down that slippery slope. If there was a cagematch thread, then people (or even mods) could have just grabbed that post and shunted it to the CM thread or told people to move it there and get the rest of the world on topic and people wouldn't have gotten so sick and tired of that particular point of interest permeating every goddamned console gaming thread thoughout the holiday season.

as to Corrupts comment "Life is just too damn short to worry about what someone 8,000 miles away whom you haven't even met thinks of you." ... I care about what my friends think. I have friends here; I spend time with them. Their location is irrelevant. I don't care what a lurker thinks of me, or what someone who has ignore on me thinks because they've made themselves inaccessible to me and my reality. If someone has a problem with me I'd hope they could respect me as a reasonable thinking adult to at least PM me and work things out. I had an issue with ROTC about a month ago where a miscommunication/misunderstanding caused some pretty big waves of discontent. We talked it out through PMs and made each other realize where we were coming from and it's all hunky-dory now.

There is a thinking person behind every icon you see on the left side of the screen; I think me dismissing them as less important here than me breeds the "it's-the-fucking-internet-I-can-be-an-ass-what-can-you-do-about-it" mentality which is NOT encouraged by the GT forum community. If it were, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:47:20 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2007, 04:09:16 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 10, 2007, 03:29:29 PM

I'm telling you, losing LE was a mistake. He was el-negativo; his electrons forced us to bring forth the protons. Of this I'm positive.  icon_wink

this occurred to me the other night as well.  Our yin has left and our yang needs to repositioned for proper balance.

Quote from: Purge on January 10, 2007, 03:29:29 PM

whether Calvin is sleeping with CeeKay again (!!)

* CeeKay kicks Purge in the nads.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 10, 2007, 04:09:16 PM

* CeeKay kicks Purge in the nads.
* Purge uses the 8000 miles distance to dodge such a poorly executed kick.

icon_biggrin

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2007, 05:28:49 PM »

ATB won't buy RS:V?  eek

ATB, if you want the long-awaited BC vs GT vs OO to happen, it has a greater chance of happening with RS:V (and probably GRAW 2 in march) than with GoW.

Just Hiro will do.
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2007, 05:31:04 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 10, 2007, 03:43:47 PM

There is a thinking person behind every icon you see on the left side of the screen; I think me dismissing them as less important here than me [by ignoring them with the feature] breeds the "it's-the-fucking-internet-I-can-be-an-ass-what-can-you-do-about-it" mentality which is NOT encouraged by the GT forum community. If it were, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

I get where you're coming from. I do.  I don't mind your opinion at all.

Without the ignore feature, some people feel the same way about the people who bother them. "it's-the-fucking-internet. I-can-be-an-ass. What-can-you-do-about-it?" is a two way street.  You can report the ass to a moderator or talk directly to the ass, but some people don't want it to be as much effort as all of that.  Some of you are relying on the good luck that you have had resolving issues by talking things out over PMs.  That's great that it worked for you folks.  I've seen it not work, though.  And after the mod shakes a scolding finger, points to a list of rules, and your PMs do nothing, you are left to endure or try to ignore the continued conduct of a clown, or leave the forum to avoid it.  Unless the clown is banned.  Either way, there's a good chance someone is going away, and the forum loses that voice to EVERYONE, not just a person or two that can hit a button to do without you while you go about your blissfully ignorant merry way.

What people have said here is right.  This won't replace moderation.  It can't.  Moderation still needs to be done.  In this department of consideration, at best this knocks down the reports and requests in the inbox.

But the feature still has value as a means for a person to personally control their enjoyment of the site without damaging how the maximum number of other users enjoy the site.   If you don't want to use the feature, no one is forcing you.  If you are ignoring someone and the thread you are posting in seems to be going in a direction you don't understand from where it started, you can go back with show/hide on the post of the people you ignore and get yourself back up to speed.  The gaps can take care of themselves that way.

Even without the feature, there are people here who ignore other people, even when addressed directly by the person being ignored.  It hasn't turned the forum over on its head yet.  The feature is just a button that makes the task less of an effort by the person that wants to ignore someone anyway.

I think I'm beginning to sound like a scratched record.  Sorry.

Done posting
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2007, 05:52:11 PM »

I just think the encouragement of such behaviour is counter-productive.

As a wise person once said, I'm getting too involved in this and I should just sit back and be hilarious. Apparently people will love me and conflicts will resolve themselves.  icon_wink

re: broken record ... +1 for me too. icon_smile

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2007, 06:06:56 PM »

Honestly, I could care less if I am ignored (the 1 person ignoring me removed their ignore though), but it does seem to be a big deal to some, and as such, I don't really care if it stays. Personally, I will not use it and I think its lame for others to use it, but if it makes them happy, who am I to try to stop them? I think most people here contribute with good information and intelligent thoughts, so if they are ignoring them, then they will miss the good as well as the bad, and thats their loss.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2007, 06:07:49 PM »

The bottom line is that things can and do work fine without the feature. Adding it should be the last step we take-it should absolutely be the step we take only if we feel the community simply cannot police itself with moderation and self-control. Honestly, this has been a huge knee-jerk reaction to a few weeks of bickering over the PS3 and Wii and some negativity. Yes, we have some new forum members and a few that are active rather than lurking-funny that at least a portion of them have been proponents of the ignore feature. We don't need it. Its that simple. The core group has never ever, not one time, needed it, and that is the group that provides the top 95% of the posts and content on the site. That is the group that will get over their differences. I haven't said a word in frustration to Hetz and vice versa in several days. I expect he and I will go back to being just fine. I have known and played games with Hetz for at least 5 years. The fact that we have been at each others throats bothers me tremendously, and I am very happy we are over it. To suggest that I (or anyone else) need an ignore feature to get over those issues is just saying that we all are stuck back in the tortured halls of high school. We can do this fine on our own. If you must make any change, get a bit more proactive with the temp-ban stick.

PS. Whatever you do, keep this in mind. The most important thing is keeping the unity and the core of the site together. Do not let expansion, hordes of new people, etc create a situation where we fall into the hole that GG and OO have found themselves in by catering to a dozen different management ideas and too many people that want to abuse the place and its privileges.

Ron: This is your house. It always has been and it always will be I hope. My allegiance to this forum is well known, my desire to spam it with nonsensical content as sure a thing as the sun rising. Your moderation and decisions have always been fair, always been measured, and always been appropriate. Keep the standard-let this storm continue to die down, and continue working on making the site into what you dream it will be. Keep the core group happy, for they are the ones that stay with you through thick and thin. Keep the moderators happy, as they are the ones that do this for free. But most of all, allow us the opportunity to work out our differences, no-force us to. Don't allow us the convenience of clicking a button to remove our occasional unpleasant interaction-and when you see action needs to be taken, level your ban-stick. Finally, whatever you do, make sure to keep Ceekay down. It's the only way.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2007, 06:10:35 PM »

Wow I have fallen behind in this thread.

I learned awhile back that it is pointless to try and change someones mind, belief or opinion on any forum/discussion on the Internets.  Why bother and try? It is an exercise in futility that is an extreme waste of time and energy (and bandwidth).  I have let me guard down at times, but I think I am doing a fairly good job of avoiding futile disagreements these days.

If people realized that they need only worry about what they themselves feel, not try to convince other people of their belief, things will be much more civil.  Trying to convince someone of what you think/feel/like at the end of a gun barrel will fail every time. Hetz for example gets very intolerant of anyone with an opinion other than his flavor at the time.  He pulls out the pistols and starts blazing, cutting a path of destruction through the forum and anyone in his path.  What he needs to realize is that he is never, ever, going to magically change anyones existing opinion with this method.

So be secure in your own opinions and beliefs, discuss stuff here, but anytime someone disagrees leave it at that and don't sweat it.  You won't change em.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2007, 06:35:03 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on January 10, 2007, 05:28:49 PM

ATB won't buy RS:V?  eek

ATB, if you want the long-awaited BC vs GT vs OO to happen, it has a greater chance of happening with RS:V (and probably GRAW 2 in march) than with GoW.

I intend to buy it some day. But desiring something... COMPLETELY DIFFERENT I bought BFME2 (28.00!).  If I was playing it on the PC it'd probably be tons better- as man- it is a mother trying to control this thing with the 360 controller. Whatta pain.

So I have to play through that first (it's growing on me- though everything is a tank rush) and only have 11 more missions to go. I also have COD2 sealed (19.99!) and want to start on that before I buy RS:V.

So I should be ready to play in a month or two biggrin.

Not to mention the new GoW map packs.  More fun than shooting calvin square in the back of the head, him not dying for some reason and then having him melee me to death!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:37:16 PM by ATB » Logged
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2007, 07:05:15 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on January 10, 2007, 06:10:35 PM

I learned awhile back that it is pointless to try and change someones mind, belief or opinion on any forum/discussion on the Internets.  Why bother and try? It is an exercise in futility that is an extreme waste of time and energy (and bandwidth).  I have let me guard down at times, but I think I am doing a fairly good job of avoiding futile disagreements these days.

If people realized that they need only worry about what they themselves feel, not try to convince other people of their belief, things will be much more civil.  Trying to convince someone of what you think/feel/like at the end of a gun barrel will fail every time. Hetz for example gets very intolerant of anyone with an opinion other than his flavor at the time.  He pulls out the pistols and starts blazing, cutting a path of destruction through the forum and anyone in his path.  What he needs to realize is that he is never, ever, going to magically change anyones existing opinion with this method.

So be secure in your own opinions and beliefs, discuss stuff here, but anytime someone disagrees leave it at that and don't sweat it.  You won't change em.

Kobra, please don't point fingers, you're just gonna start another argument which is not needed here.  Besides, you're not the forum poster child and personally I think you should follow your own advice before giving it to others.

Hetz has already apologized to the forum and said  he would change his behaviour so that this would stop.  That's all we ask.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 07:08:42 PM by naednek » Logged
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2007, 08:41:41 PM »

Quote from: naednek on January 10, 2007, 07:05:15 PM

Besides, you're not the forum poster child and personally I think you should follow your own advice before giving it to others.

Quote from: Kobra
I have let me guard down at times, but I think I am doing a fairly good job of avoiding futile disagreements these days.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »

Kobra, please don't point fingers, you're just gonna start another argument which is not needed here.  Besides, you're not the forum poster child and personally I think you should follow your own advice before giving it to others.

Hetz has already apologized to the forum and said  he would change his behaviour so that this would stop.  That's all we ask.

First off - Kobra, kindly shut the hell up. I think that maybe since that 7 people now have you on ignore, it should give you a clue that maybe you should change the way you are, before pointing fingers at me.

Also, while I said I would try to change my behavior with reguards to the excitement level, I in no way think that my posts of excitement, excuses or justifys the kind of flaming/trolling and namecalling that has gone on around here as of late.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 12:19:38 AM by Hetz » Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2007, 12:30:14 AM »

I think it's safe to say he has you on ignore Hetz. Tongue
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2007, 12:38:03 AM »

Quote from: Lee on January 11, 2007, 12:30:14 AM

Yeah, I figured he was one of the people that had me on ignore....now who is the other...   ninja

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2007, 01:32:24 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 11, 2007, 12:38:03 AM

Yeah, I figured he was one of the people that had me on ignore....now who is the other...   ninja

Note my post-I dont think any flaming and trolling is acceptable, nor do I approve of calling you out by name. That little phase needs to die out and stay dead. Just letting you know we are on the same page again. And I would love to know who is ignoring me. I had originally pegged 3 people and was wrong about them all (and I apologize to you 3 in my head), and now I cant figure it out. I am not doing a damn thing about the console stuff anymore and am just having my typical gay internet relationship with Ceekay. Its kind of offensive smile
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2007, 01:42:44 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 11, 2007, 01:32:24 AM

Note my post-I dont think any flaming and trolling is acceptable, nor do I approve of calling you out by name. That little phase needs to die out and stay dead. Just letting you know we are on the same page again. And I would love to know who is ignoring me. I had originally pegged 3 people and was wrong about them all (and I apologize to you 3 in my head), and now I cant figure it out. I am not doing a damn thing about the console stuff anymore and am just having my typical gay internet relationship with Ceekay. Its kind of offensive smile

Yeah, no worries Calvin. Were cool. I wasn't going to let the last 5+ years we have known each other (Warcraft 3 Beta, now that was good times) to just go down the drain with our silly arguments anyway.  icon_smile

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2007, 02:27:09 AM »

I'm 2 of em. I have you on ignore until I read your posts and then put you back on just to get your hackles up.  I also made an alt and ignored you.  PWNED!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2007, 02:35:56 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 11, 2007, 12:18:00 AM

First off - Kobra, kindly shut the hell up. I think that maybe since that 7 people now have you on ignore, it should give you a clue that maybe you should change the way you are, before pointing fingers at me.

Also, while I said I would try to change my behavior with reguards to the excitement level, I in no way think that my posts of excitement, excuses or justifys the kind of flaming/trolling and namecalling that has gone on around here as of late.

Well, so much for handling things Hetz.  Even after various PMs, you still choose to ignore the mods and the.  I already addressed Kobra's response and it was handled, and you still have to react.  Hetz, many people bait you just so they can get a rise out of you.  It works every time.  And because of it, the forum gets worse and worse.  I had hopes you would learn, even from the GG days, but it still continues.  It's just as bad as the people trying to bait you. 

There's going to be some changes in the COC, might want to get it out of your system now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 02:38:25 AM by naednek » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2007, 02:39:01 AM »

Quote from: ATB on January 11, 2007, 02:27:09 AM

I'm 2 of em. I have you on ignore until I read your posts and then put you back on just to get your hackles up.  I also made an alt and ignored you.  PWNED!

If this is actually true it is both insanely genius and awfully cruel.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2007, 02:46:00 AM »

There is no point left to this thread.  Locked.  You'll have my decision after I finish talking things over with the mods and we have something official.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: