I think it might be a GamingTrend DNS/Cookie configuration issue.
I've noticed the same thing happening to me occasionally, but didn't bother mentioning it - however I recently noticed a common link based upon whether I'm accessing the forums using either www.gamingtrend.com/forums
or simply gamingtrends.com/forums.
Here's a simple way to test it
1. Log out and delete all cookies.
1. Open one tab - log into the site using gamingtrend.com/forums
2. Open another tab and go to www.gamingtrend.com/forums
- you will probably see that you are not logged in
3. Open a third tab and go to gamingtrend.com/forums and you can see that you're still logged in.
It's been a few years since I've had to mess with setting this kind of stuff up. I remember it had to do with the domain name that was set in the cookie, I think the correct format was to either set it to be only the domain name (e.g. "gamingtrend.com" or to set it with a leading . (to match any and all subdomains -- e.g. ".gamingtrend.com")
But hopefully that helps.