http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 10:24:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game reviews...  (Read 1213 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2004, 10:58:03 PM »

So when are game reviews going to be broken up by single player and multi player? Different folks want different parts of games, so it seems so logical to separate the review/rating for each part. So what do you say CG? Will you start the trend?   biggrin

LiveTAG: happydog
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 11:28:28 PM »

Unfotunately there are few games, outside of the MMORPG realm, that are strictly multiplayer.  How would we flag the single-player games with multiplayer components?  Oh nevermind...

Why play along?  I get where you are going.  However, I think the forums make sense the way they are.  The multiplayer forum is basically a place to set up meetings for multiplayer games and talk about MMORPG's.  Weed out the Xbox Live noise and pretend it says "MMORPG Discussion."

Anyway, this should probably be in Site Feedback forum.  I find the irony delicious!

Copious smileys so you don't take it so seriously:  biggrin  smile  frown  :o  :lol:  Cool  :mrgreen:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 04:45:47 PM »

I get the feeling you misunderstand my point. I am not talking about the forums, or CG specifically. I am talking about all game reviews. For example, Halo 2 desperately needs to be reviewed twice. Once for the campaign and once for multi player. I think the scores would be drastically different this way, and people not interested in online play would know what the single player had to offer.

(That is why I posted in Off-Topic)  smile

LiveTAG: happydog
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 05:00:26 PM »

Usually the multi-player aspect of the game goes into the Value section of the review because a game with good multiplayer will often have longer longevity than one that doesn't.

To be honest, there aren't many games that truly need a multiplayer review.  Also, time is a factor in reviewing games, and sometimes we get copies of games before they are released where there isn't an opportunity to actually try out the multiplayer aspect.

Unless Ron feels otherwise and a strong case can be made for a single-player/multi-player score, we won't be changing it.  We review a game as a whole, and not each part separately.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: