http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 02:01:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found a bug? Let us know!  (Read 6073 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2011, 09:51:51 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on June 11, 2011, 04:08:59 PM

Quote from: Gratch on June 11, 2011, 04:03:04 PM

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I assume you'll still be able to find past reviews from the main site?  All the links from Metacritic are dead.

We are hoping to bring over legacy content this weekend

I just came here to ask about this as well

Quote from: wonderpug on June 08, 2011, 03:34:47 AM

The new logo font totally reminds me of the font used on the cover of some old game.

and also adding my own 'bring back the old logo' vote as well  icon_biggrin

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:53:36 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »

Quote from: disarm on June 12, 2011, 06:03:04 PM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on June 12, 2011, 05:23:01 PM

Quote from: disarm on June 08, 2011, 02:21:34 AM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on June 07, 2011, 12:21:30 PM

The "View all unread topics" button for me just returns no results. The weird thing is that sometimes it works and shows results and other times (like just now after not visiting the site in 12 hours or so), I get nothing.

this is my biggest complaint right now...feature that i used all the time as an effecient way to catch up on the forums doesn't give me any results most of the time.  instead of getting an organized list of all the topics with new posts, i currently have to go into each subforum individually and it takes a lot more time to skim for new stuff.  it's strange that it does work correctly once in a while, but it's faulty most of the time.

Just in case it helps: the "View all unread topics" button seems to always work correctly with on my IPod. It's only when browsing with my computer (using Firefox 3.6) that I experience the problem.

it's still very hit or miss for me...works one time, but fails the next (with Chrome on my desktop, and Firefox on my laptop).

I've also noticed that it seems to happen when I've been away from the forums for awhile. For example, it seems to always happen the first time I check the forums in the morning. Maybe it has something to do with how the date or time is registering?
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 14, 2011, 09:51:51 AM

Quote from: th'FOOL on June 11, 2011, 04:08:59 PM

Quote from: Gratch on June 11, 2011, 04:03:04 PM

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I assume you'll still be able to find past reviews from the main site?  All the links from Metacritic are dead.

We are hoping to bring over legacy content this weekend

I just came here to ask about this as well

Quote from: wonderpug on June 08, 2011, 03:34:47 AM

The new logo font totally reminds me of the font used on the cover of some old game.

and also adding my own 'bring back the old logo' vote as well  icon_biggrin

We are still working through issues with importing the old content.

And the old logo ain't coming back.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on June 14, 2011, 11:51:02 AM

The "View all unread topics" button for me just returns no results. The weird thing is that sometimes it works and shows results and other times (like just now after not visiting the site in 12 hours or so), I get nothing.

this is my biggest complaint right now...feature that i used all the time as an effecient way to catch up on the forums doesn't give me any results most of the time.  instead of getting an organized list of all the topics with new posts, i currently have to go into each subforum individually and it takes a lot more time to skim for new stuff.  it's strange that it does work correctly once in a while, but it's faulty most of the time.

Just in case it helps: the "View all unread topics" button seems to always work correctly with on my IPod. It's only when browsing with my computer (using Firefox 3.6) that I experience the problem.

it's still very hit or miss for me...works one time, but fails the next (with Chrome on my desktop, and Firefox on my laptop).

I've also noticed that it seems to happen when I've been away from the forums for awhile. For example, it seems to always happen the first time I check the forums in the morning. Maybe it has something to do with how the date or time is registering?

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Mike Dunn
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on June 14, 2011, 01:26:04 PM

this is my biggest complaint right now...feature that i used all the time as an effecient way to catch up on the forums doesn't give me any results most of the time.  instead of getting an organized list of all the topics with new posts, i currently have to go into each subforum individually and it takes a lot more time to skim for new stuff.  it's strange that it does work correctly once in a while, but it's faulty most of the time.

I just came to post about this. What seems to happen for me is that the first time I hit the link it works, but if I hit it again it shows me (I think) just the posts that have been made since the last time I clicked the link. So, first click = 30 topics, second click = 2 topics. I'm not sure if that's exactly what's happening, but it might be.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »

I'm surprised no one has asked if spellcheck is coming back yet  icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 06, 2011, 02:57:02 PM

Since I'm in a dev environment at work, I get to trip over the issues that other's will never see.  At the moment, the GamingTrend banner is a Red X and I get an error message on every forum page.  IE 8, Blackday.

I no longer get the Red X, but the OA_Show() is still throwing errors under Black Day.  If you're still working on it, ignore me, but I wanted to at least check.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 14, 2011, 06:50:53 PM

this is my biggest complaint right now...feature that i used all the time as an effecient way to catch up on the forums doesn't give me any results most of the time.  instead of getting an organized list of all the topics with new posts, i currently have to go into each subforum individually and it takes a lot more time to skim for new stuff.  it's strange that it does work correctly once in a while, but it's faulty most of the time.

I just came to post about this. What seems to happen for me is that the first time I hit the link it works, but if I hit it again it shows me (I think) just the posts that have been made since the last time I clicked the link. So, first click = 30 topics, second click = 2 topics. I'm not sure if that's exactly what's happening, but it might be.

Curiously enough, my bookmark to www.gamingtrend.com/forums... seems to be working correctly  (black day theme), but the link to gamingtrend.com/forums... is the one exhibiting the strange behavior.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2011, 09:06:41 PM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on June 14, 2011, 08:57:00 PM

Curiously enough, my bookmark to www.gamingtrend.com/forums... seems to be working correctly  (black day theme), but the link to gamingtrend.com/forums... is the one exhibiting the strange behavior.

My bookmark that has been experience the wonkiness points to www.gamingtrend.com/forums. I'll clear the cache and see if that helps.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2011, 02:20:36 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on June 14, 2011, 09:06:41 PM

Quote from: Pyperkub on June 14, 2011, 08:57:00 PM

I'll clear the cache and see if that helps.

Still happening.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2011, 05:14:14 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 14, 2011, 06:50:53 PM

This seems to happen with Tapatalk too.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2011, 03:57:46 PM »

Trade system repaired and functional again. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
tjg_marantz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »

Ever since the change, when I click view unread topics, it shows no threads and this message: No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics.

If I click the second part of the sentence, it pops up 23 pages of threads. Every time now. Any thoughts?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2011, 02:57:17 PM »

Quote from: tjg_marantz on June 17, 2011, 11:55:47 AM

Ever since the change, when I click view unread topics, it shows no threads and this message: No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics.

If I click the second part of the sentence, it pops up 23 pages of threads. Every time now. Any thoughts?

That's odd - I'll keep hammering on that.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
tjg_marantz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on June 17, 2011, 02:57:17 PM

That's odd - I'll keep hammering on that.

Said That She Did.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »

Try going into the "all threads" and mark all as read. Then see if new ones show up properly.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
tjg_marantz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »

Just did that. I'll check laater and retort.
tjg_marantz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2011, 11:27:04 PM »

Worked earlier but once again borked.

I saw diff shades of icons for each forum so it's recognizing that some forums have new posts and some don't but I clicked view unread and got the No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics.

If nothing is found by tomorrow, I'll clear my cookies or cache or something of GT material and try again.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on June 06, 2011, 12:06:53 PM

Also interesting to note, after posting the above I was back at the first post in the thread rather than repositioned here.

FWIW, setting IE9 to 'Compatibility View' for this site fixes this issue.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »

Ok, settings corrected to allow password reset or anything else that requires that the forum email you.  smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2011, 01:16:36 AM »

The front page is just a half black and half white screen. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 21, 2011, 01:16:36 AM

browser? platform? Talk to me, Goose.

Mike Dunn
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2011, 01:36:28 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on June 21, 2011, 01:24:43 AM

Chrome, Win 7 64 bit.  It seems to be working now, but it failed several times when I tried loading and reloading it before.

Btw, I still seem to only be able to go to gamingtrend.com and not www.gamingtrend.com.  Silly internet.

th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2011, 01:53:22 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 21, 2011, 01:36:28 AM

Quote from: th'FOOL on June 21, 2011, 01:24:43 AM

Chrome, Win 7 64 bit.  It seems to be working now, but it failed several times when I tried loading and reloading it before.

Btw, I still seem to only be able to go to gamingtrend.com and not www.gamingtrend.com.  Silly internet.

Let me know if it happens for you again.

As for the other thing, what happens when you go to www.gamingtrend.com? Every browser I use just shifts over to gamingtrend.com when I type in the url

Mike Dunn
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »

I get the Default Website Page error page if I go to www.gamingtrend.com.  If I follow your link to www.gamingtrend.com/? then it redirects to gamingtrend.com and works.

It isn't a huge deal, but it means my old links to the front page don't work anymore.

th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2011, 02:14:41 AM »

Well, it's likely some sort of DNS issue. We'll look into it

Mike Dunn
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2011, 04:22:09 AM »

Odd, I don't get emails for PM's sent anymore.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2011, 04:35:07 AM »

I updated my bookmark to use http://gamingtrend.com instead of www.gamingtrend.com and the auto-login issue is fixed.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »

Quote from: heloder on June 22, 2011, 04:35:07 AM

I updated my bookmark to use http://gamingtrend.com instead of www.gamingtrend.com and the auto-login issue is fixed.

Both work now.  smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2011, 05:27:54 PM »

Quote from: Purge on June 22, 2011, 04:22:09 AM

Checking....

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »

Quote from: Purge on June 22, 2011, 04:22:09 AM

Resolved and tested.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2011, 06:26:30 PM »

Sorry, I didn't read all three pages of this thread - for one thing, any difference I noticed since the start, I automatically assumed that it was ME at fault, lol.  I added my avatar pic which took me several days to figure out how to do, of course.  The only issue I have left is hopefully an easy, Yes or No answer for anyone who has read the whole thread (CeeKay!) so...

Is the GT "email notification of posts I made on threads" - or whatever it's called - a bug?  Or is it Just ME?   saywhat

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »

Is the GT "email notification of posts I made on threads" - or whatever it's called - a bug?  Or is it Just ME?   saywhat

What do you mean?  Are you not getting emails or something?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2011, 06:55:09 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on June 24, 2011, 06:29:25 PM

The last email I got from Gaming Trend was dated June 1st and it's title was:

Topic reply: A VERY Important Announcement

I'm guessing by your answer that it might not be Just ME...   icon_eek

Btw, I went through all the Profile stuff but didn't see anything that I'd chosen incorrectly about being notified of posts, etc.  I just discovered that notification of PM's is also not working for me, when a friend emailed me to say he had sent me two PM's.

Thanks, I know how crazy this whole thing must have been for you, so "work at your own pace" - it's not an emergency!

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on June 24, 2011, 06:55:09 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on June 24, 2011, 06:29:25 PM

The last email I got from Gaming Trend was dated June 1st and it's title was:

Topic reply: A VERY Important Announcement

I'm guessing by your answer that it might not be Just ME...   icon_eek

Btw, I went through all the Profile stuff but didn't see anything that I'd chosen incorrectly about being notified of posts, etc.  I just discovered that notification of PM's is also not working for me, when a friend emailed me to say he had sent me two PM's.

Thanks, I know how crazy this whole thing must have been for you, so "work at your own pace" - it's not an emergency!

icon_razz

D'oh!  Thought I had this killed.  I'll circle back and figure it out. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »

I got your PM, Ron, thanks! I reset the choices again and just posted on the Weekend Playlist to test it... I'll let you know as soon as I know.

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »

It is requiring a login every time I hit the forum, but i just discovered that if I click into a sub-forum, I'm still logged in (Firefox).
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2011, 02:47:20 AM »

Quote from: ATB on June 28, 2011, 07:30:06 PM

It is requiring a login every time I hit the forum, but i just discovered that if I click into a sub-forum, I'm still logged in (Firefox).

Sounds like an odd cookies issue.  Can you clear cookies and cache and let me know if that persists?  I changed the cookie character string when I moved the forum.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »

Any chance the first visit to the forum is through a bookmark to http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/ rather than http://gamingtrend.com/forums/?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »

Quote from: Shinjin on June 29, 2011, 02:28:30 PM

Any chance the first visit to the forum is through a bookmark to http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/ rather than http://gamingtrend.com/forums/?

Both of those links work for me.  What are you seeing when you try to hit whatever one doesn't work? 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: