http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 08:12:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Navigation Request  (Read 760 times)
Pyperkub
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2009, 02:15:02 AM »

Hi all, I may be in the minority, but I surf the forums a lot from my phone using Opera mini and I have two requests that would make things easier:

1.  Is there any way to get multipage threads to have a Previous and Next page in thread link?  As is, sometimes opera wants to dial 1234567 on a seven page thread, rather than go to page 7, and a Next link would really help.

2. Can we change "new replies to your posts" to not exclude posts that no one else has replied to?  When I try to update the NCAA pick em page, and no one's replied to my last post, sometimes I have to scroll through pages of Off Topic to find it.  I know there's a way from the profile somewhere, but it's too many clicks to find when I need it...

Thanks for the consideration!

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 04:26:59 AM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on November 05, 2009, 02:15:02 AM

2. Can we change "new replies to your posts" to not exclude posts that no one else has replied to?  When I try to update the NCAA pick em page, and no one's replied to my last post, sometimes I have to scroll through pages of Off Topic to find it.  I know there's a way from the profile somewhere, but it's too many clicks to find when I need it...

That's the way it is at OO, but I actually prefer the GT way better, and I think that most people use it to quickly see if there are replies to threads they have participated in. If it was a preference on your profile, that would be best.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »

2 things:

1. We are eagerly awaiting the final release of SMF 2.0. Release candidate 2 came out in early october and it looks promising. There are several new features (not to mention a very spiffy iPhone theme) that will come when we can finally upgrade.
2. We don't have anyone on staff to create customized components to the current software. Even if we did, we would likely hold off for version 2 to be properly released.

We do have more enhancements on the way for the non-forum sections of the site, however...

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: