http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 09:38:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Major Game Releases Result in GT Membership Spikes?  (Read 1926 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2007, 09:50:48 PM »

Halo 3 comes out tuesday (you're welcome for reminding you), so do the powers at the helm of GT expect a big leap in membership to coincide with this major release?

If releases don't typically drive membership increases, what does? Any trending details?

Why were Aug - November of 2006 so big?  Why has 2007 been so 'slow'?  Was there a marketing push of some sort or do the ends of years always have big numbers?

Curious!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:39:16 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 23, 2007, 09:50:48 PM

Halo 3 comes out tuesday (you're welcome for reminding you), so do the powers at the helm of GT expect a big leap in membership to coincide with this major release?

If releases don't typically drive membership increases, what does? Any trending details?

Why were Aug - November of 2006 so big?  Why has 2007 been so 'slow'?  Was there a marketing push of some sort or do the ends of years always have big numbers?

Curious!

Honestly, most of the time rises in membership comes with coverage of titles.  I go out and do publicity pushes like a game publisher or developer and just get our name out there.  Occasionally we get featured on the back of a product or in a magazine and that certainly helps.  A good for-instance might be our coverage of Oblivion.  We posted a few Q&As and a pretty decent E3 preview.  It got dugg, linked on the Bethesda site, and linked in their forums.  I followed up in the forum thread and answered questions that the community had.  We did the same for Fallout 3's coverage.  I've been laying back these past few months and not rushing out to advertise the site as we are prepping for redesign - once that launches I'll be back out there shouting to the high heavens.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 05:46:52 PM »

fwiw, i joined up here cause a couple of other forums I was hanging out at were either completely unmoderated (and thus it was anarchy bordering on chaos, not to mention unpleasant at times  retard), or moderated by one person who was, well, mean; or had so little traffic that I was basically just posting replies to myself.  saywhat So I lurked here briefly, and then decided I'd take a chance on this place. Hopefully my good first impressions are on the mark. smile

So I guess I'm a refugee who wound up here...

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 05:47:49 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 18, 2007, 05:46:52 PM

fwiw, i joined up here cause a couple of other forums I was hanging out at were either completely unmoderated (and thus it was anarchy bordering on chaos, not to mention unpleasant at times  retard), or moderated by one person who was, well, mean; or had so little traffic that I was basically just posting replies to myself.  saywhat So I lurked here briefly, and then decided I'd take a chance on this place. Hopefully my good first impressions are on the mark. smile

Awesome.  Glad to have you here Blackjack.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »

Quote from: warning on October 18, 2007, 05:47:49 PM

Awesome.  Glad to have you here Blackjack.

just ignore warnings steel shod jackboots and you'll be fine  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 06:50:03 PM »

Glad to have you with us.  (For the record, I'm actually wearing my combat boots right this very moment - kid you not.  And you thought warning was the guy to watch for.  icon_twisted  )

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 11:52:44 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 18, 2007, 06:50:03 PM

Glad to have you with us.  (For the record, I'm actually wearing my combat boots right this very moment - kid you not.  And you thought warning was the guy to watch for.  icon_twisted  )

Sometimes I really wonder Tongue  icon_twisted

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 12:17:48 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on October 18, 2007, 11:52:44 PM

oh it's not like you're not wearing them too  Tongue

Because I can,
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 09:52:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 19, 2007, 12:17:48 AM

I can send you a pair...

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 12:07:27 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on October 23, 2007, 09:52:21 PM

I can send you a pair...

I honestly need a new pair of Magnum light infantry boots.  I should have you run to the BX for me...

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 01:18:50 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 24, 2007, 12:07:27 AM

Quote from: ROTC1983 on October 23, 2007, 09:52:21 PM

I can send you a pair...

I honestly need a new pair of Magnum light infantry boots.  I should have you run to the BX for me...

you should try the Response's- they're a delightful boot!

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 12:42:51 PM »

The 50's frilly poodle-skirt right above them takes away their threatening nature. slywink

So when does this site redesign hit, so we can get a big influx of new gamers, Miss-PollyPrissyPants? icon_lol

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 30, 2007, 12:42:51 PM

The 50's frilly poodle-skirt right above them takes away their threatening nature. slywink

So when does this site redesign hit, so we can get a big influx of new gamers, Miss-PollyPrissyPants? icon_lol

your forgot to mention the beehive hairdo and the t-shirt that says 'Perot '92'.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: