http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 07:10:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zuma - the suffering  (Read 687 times)
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2006, 07:52:44 AM »

Man....

I've played through Ninja Gaiden, God of War, Devil May Cry and don't remember too many issues like this. Now after a few games of Zuma, I have to take a break to let my hands return to normal. I'm not sure if I am playing too tense or what...It's pretty funny actually. At least I'm not the only one - my gf played her first game and got 60,000+ and complained for awhile about her hands and arms.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »

You're playing on 360, yes? I don't like the control scheme on the 360 version at all where the frog moves when the stick recenters, requiring you to hold the stick absolutely still. I f you could turn off the springs to play the game it would be so much better.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 03:39:51 PM »

This game is the polar opposite of Hexic.  HExic calms me down and I sit and play.  Zuma makes me very angry.  There is a lot of it I still don't understand (as far as when balls will fall backwards after getting a combo and when they won't).  I just figured out yesterday you have a choice between two balls.  However, I can't get past 3-4 and most of the times I can't get past 3-3.  I need to find some kind of strategy guide that explains some stuff.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 05:26:16 PM »

When you create a gap, it will stay open if the balls on either side of the gap are differently colored. But, if they're the same color, they're like magnets and will pull the gap closed. Doing this strategically is vital when you're getting down to the wire. Watch for combos sandwiched within a color that will pull the chain closed when you shoot the combo. Otherwise, your combos might just push the front of the chain closer to the hole of doom.

Make sure you regularly take time to find single colors near the front of the chain and pair them up for later. Solo balls near the hole will mess you up fast but if you concentrate on creating numerous pairs of like-colored balls up near the front, you should have a wealth of options of combos you can pick off when things get hairy. It's useless to pick off a combo near the back of the chain if you have a mess near the front.

Try to get coins. They're a big help and will get you to ZUMA! much faster. It's worth looking ahead to see if there's a chain of a color coming towards the coin and holding on to your color while you wait for it to get in front of the coin. In other words, don't be in a state of constant panic where you think you have to always be shooting balls. Bide your time and aim for the coins.

Also, if there's a big gap in the chain, concentrate on shooting through it for gap bonuses. These bonuses will also get you to ZUMA! a lot faster.

Good luck, little frog!
Ribbit
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 02:32:48 PM »

Thanks for the tips.  My game has gotten much better now that I realize why the gaps close.  I am up into Stage 5 now.  Still learning, but no longer in the rut I was in.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: