http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 02:08:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! Games  (Read 1418 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2004, 01:58:37 AM »

Which of the GBA Yu-Gi-Oh games for the GBA is best?

I don't know anything about the game, the television show, the upcoming movie, or the breakfast cereal.

I teach the sixth grade and the only thing those kids are into are Yu-Gi-Oh cards.  I see them all the time and look at the cards, but they don't really make a lot of sense to me.  I was hoping to learn a little about the game and figure this would be the easiest way.  Since I am surrounded by it all day I might as well know a thing or two.  I played with Magic a little bit way back in high school, so I know a little bit about CCGs.

Perhaps there is a tutorial or something online I could look at?  Any suggestions?

I see we have a wealth of reviews for the different titles, and was leaning towards the Tournament 2004, but thought I would seek out some opinions from the forum first.  Thanks.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 11:40:59 AM »

You may be able to glean some info from the Official Site.  

I, too had to find out what all the hubbub with Yu-Gi-Oh was about that had all the kids in a craze.  On the weekends, the card shop by me is literally swarming with waist-high kids screaming about YuGiOh!  I ended up getting the World Championship Tournament for the GBA.  Not much of a story, but it plays a good enough game.  
I suppose you could compare it to Duel Masters which is a simplified version of Magic: the Gathering.  There are a few tweaks to make it different, but it's pretty similar.  Since you've played MtG before, after a couple games you should have no problem playing YuGiOh.

Play some games of that with the kids, then try to push them toward the real card game, Magic.  slywink

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 02:45:39 PM »

I would say that "Worldwide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel" is the best of the Yu-Gi-Oh games.  There is a bit of a story, but the pace of the game is very quick.  World Champion Edition 2004 is a close second.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 11:35:10 PM »

Thanks for the info, guys.  I will be scouting around the used game bins for one or the other!

I wish I could steer them towards MtG, if only to make a killing selling my old cards.  Man, I have a bunch of them!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: