http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 04:52:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Nintendo Revolution Controller rumor for the day....  (Read 2391 times)
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:04:27 PM »

Japanese mag claiming to have pics of the prototype Revolution controller.  Take it with a giant grain of salt as these of course are probably faked, but hey it makes for good "what if..." discussion.

The thing is, it does kind of jive with all of the hints they've given us before - it would allow you to custom configure your controller to some degree in order to play all of the old NES/SNES/N64/Cube games (which was hinted at in the last EGM) plus it has the gyroscope functionality everybody assumes will be in there.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 09:59:13 PM »

So, uh, you hold two parts with your hands and the other two with your feet, then you roll around on your back with your limbs in the air? Once I figure how to attach my television to the ceiling, I'm in.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:07:56 PM »

I think those two bottom ones are the flipsyde of the top two pictures.  LMAO. I would rather use a kidney bean at leat you can eat em. There are less controls than the regular gamecube controller!!!

At least you can punch someone with one hand and still be controling the game.

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 10:46:36 PM »

Holy crap ..... if those screens do show the underside of the controllers, that's actually exactly what I wanted to see attempted in a controller: an interface where every digit is used. Each thumb has a control stick (I would have prefered two analog sticks though), the index fingers have shoulder triggers, and the three remaining fingers on each hand have their own buttons on the underside of the controller.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 11:16:19 PM »

For that to be at least reasonable, both sticks would either need to be analog controllers, or have some way to simply 'remove' one stick and turn it into a digital pad.

An interesting idea though. It would at least keep the fingers busy. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 11:35:22 PM »

If these are accurate, I would assume they lock into some sort of base, so you can switch out which components you have in which slot.  Some company made a controller like this, where you can switch out different parts to make different button/stick arrangements.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:22 PM »

What is it with Nintendo and not giving us analog sticks anyway? I thought by the time they released the DS they'd at least give us one.
It's bad enough having to control a first person shooter on a ps2 or xbox with 2 analog sticks (considering most of us use mouse and keyboard) but using just ONE?
Nintendo is all about the kids though so I doubt we'll see many FPS games on it anyway, at least mature ones where you can actually get bothered by fumbling around trying to control your character.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 01:35:24 AM »

Im definitely getting one if that is their controller.  I wanted a controller to play while running on a treadmill, but havent seen anything adequate.

But I already figured I was getting one for Zelda and Metroid, anyhow.
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 03:14:59 AM »

I dont see how this controller would be any less confusing for nongamers, which I thought was one of their targets.

I'm currently wanting to get a gamecube for nintendo exclusives but want to hold out until more revolution details are given since its backwards compatible.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 03:30:11 AM »

Uhhh, no.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 03:39:11 AM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
Uhhh, no.

Word.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 03:44:07 AM »

Not that it's proof, but very similar Revolution controllers were shown in one of the many pre-E3 "unveilings" that floated around on the internet.  What's interesting is that the console box shown in conjunction with these controllers then was very similar to what Nintendo actually revealed at E3.

The big problem here, as pointed out to me by someone else, is that your arms would get awfully tired really fast as each would be independently moving and supporting each controller, especially if some sort of gyro technology is also part of this scheme.  Think about how often your current controller rests on your lap or whatever while you are playing now.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 12:53:49 PM »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.  Nintendo isn't known for thinking logically.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 01:26:17 PM »

Link 'em together with the new PS3 controller!  :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 01:34:03 PM »

I applaud innovation, Nintendo has to seperate from the PACK. as long as this is tested well and they consult focus groups.....

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 01:50:10 PM »

Well the DS has been a huge success with my family. At Christmas my sister, mother and wife were all fighting over it, and even now my wife still plays it every night. There is a audiance there for innovation.

(I'll probably end up playing Fifa, GTA and Wipeout on the PSP.sad, isn't it)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 06:58:31 PM »

:lol:

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 11:17:35 PM »

^^^^^^^ LOL I would buy that on day one.  Although it would be so much better if it had two clickable trackballs...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 11:19:29 PM »

Supposed ad leak.  Notice the date smile

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 12:38:57 AM »

*Sigh* I am so desperate for anything Nintendo.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 05:54:58 PM »

I'm freaked out about the controller at the top. I mean, think about it... rumble pack, gyro controls, dance-dance revolution and something known as "KY Jelly".  :shock:

Uhm, I'll never share another controller with anyone... EVER.  puke

Those things better be waterproof.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 07:07:26 PM »

So other than this perhaps slightly different yet decidedly akward looking controller, are we supposed to be thrilled by the underpowered hardware they announced, or what? Please, for the love of god, tell me the revolution.

Just give me Zelda and Metroid and RE on the PS2 and XBox. Make first party games Nintendo, you are good at it. This hardware is getting worse and worse.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005, 08:20:41 PM »

Wow, considering we know next to nothing about the Hardware or the controller I am surprised that you would write the company off Rage  :roll:  Tongue  :wink:

Only thing that bugs me about the Revolution is that right now there is no HD support. A lot of folks are emailing Nintendo about this, and Nintendo has a history of listening. I don't understand why they would make it connectable to a monitor and not HD.

I still feel like we shouldn't be talking about next generation until at the least Fall 2006

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
Wow, considering we know next to nothing about the Hardware or the controller I am surprised that you would write the company off Rage  :roll:  Tongue  :wink:

Only thing that bugs me about the Revolution is that right now there is no HD support. A lot of folks are emailing Nintendo about this, and Nintendo has a history of listening. I don't understand why they would make it connectable to a monitor and not HD.

I still feel like we shouldn't be talking about next generation until at the least Fall 2006

You know, I jumped the bandwagon before it was announced, but the thing that got me was one of their Japanese head honchos (you know how frustrating I find their xenophobic attitude), proudly followed the big two announcement by scoffing and proclaiming the specs of the Revolution to be "2-3 times better than the GCN". Uh....okaaaaayyyy. Side by side specs of the other two (there was a thread a few days ago with links) shows dramatic, sometimes exponential increases in power and processing-I found this comment an indicator that once again they will be behind the times with this thing and it snowballed out of control!!  Cool
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2005, 08:53:52 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Quote from: "Sparhawk"
Uhhh, no.

Word.

WORD!!!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print