http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 06:47:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your LONG Weekend of Gaming?  (Read 2266 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2006, 07:18:43 PM »

Call me a yutz, but I like these comaradarie threads.  So--- what will you be playing this weekend?

I'm on an 8 day hiatus- as nothing is urging me to play it and I still have to shake off the letdown that was Colossus, but I may fire up Indigo Prophecy this weekend.

Or I may revisit Chrono Trigger as I think I'm just about to finish it.

Or I may play some Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I'm about 10 hrs in but it hasn't grabbed me like the first. Folks have said it gets better...
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:24:39 PM »

I want to finish off Far Cry Instincts Predator - three maps to go, but it's gotten very difficult very quickly.

I finally got my Dreamcast hooked up to the new TV, so I'll probably give it a workout as well (Rayman 2, Ooga Booga, StarLancer, etc.)
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:24:44 PM »

Much of my focus of gaming has been on my handhelds, so more of that I suppose.  Looking to try and juggle:

Monster Hunter Freedom
DJ Max Portable
Tales of Eternia
Daxter

Along with some New Super Mario Bros., Table Tennis, and some Burnout Revenge.

Yeah, I have a lot of gaming to do this weekend   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:25:57 PM »

I still can't shake my Dragon Quest 8 addiction, so that will be my main vice this weekend.  I'm also halfway thru World 8 in New Super Mario Bros, so hopefully I can finish that off as well.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:26:30 PM »

Courtesy of a recent Gametap subscription I've been playing Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Rayman 3 and replaying Beyond Good & Evil.  I'll probably also work on KOTOR 2 some also.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »

Starting a new job Tuesday...so I feel like I really got to SAVOR this last weekend of gaming.  However, I have this new girl I've been talking to, soooo, that sort of more important biggrin

I'll be playing Table Tennis, Rise of Legends with Calvin, Tetris DS over WiFi, maybe some New Super Mario (maybe...), Daxter and Ac!d2 need some love as well.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 07:54:36 PM »

When I'm not completely occupied with the family (kids and wife) I'll most likely be playing Table Tennis (and getting beaten by Arkon and others), or Dragon's Quest VIII.  I may try and get a game or two of something on my crappy PSP as well smile.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 08:03:20 PM »

Long weekend?  More like long WEEK for me.  It's READING WEEK at school, which is ironically titled because less reading gets done during that week than any other.

I'll be playing:

Heroes 5 (or possibly back to Heroes 3...)
Guild Wars: Factions
Rise of Legends (though my interest is waning)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (time to finish that off)

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 08:19:53 PM »

Tomb Raider: Legend- I have a little over 60% of this game finished.  I will probably try to finish it and send it back to Gamefly on tuesday-Didn't touch it

GRAW-My buddy just sent me a text to play some co-op with him tonight so I will try to get that done- Didn't touch it

WoW- My Tauren Druid is almost at lvl 53 so I will get him there and log him to get the rest bonus up again-DONE!!!!

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror -Will log sometime with this as well.  Not sure how much I will get done-Played some!

NWN-The HeX Coda Mod- Just started this and I am enjoying it.  I will get somtime with this as well-DONE!!

NWN:infinte Dungeons Mod-Want to play some MP of this as well.  Might try SP as well, but Hex Coda has its hooks into me

Hearts of Iron: Doomsday- this has fallen by the wayside, but I might log sometime on this as well.-restarted the game

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 08:26:52 PM »

In canada it's not-so-long ... but I've got some Black & White 2, replaying Half-Life 2 and Age of Empires 3.

I am also looking into getting more achievements in Dynasty Warriors 5 : Empires, Amped 3 and Oblivion. If I have time... gotta 'till the garden, get some plumbing stuff done and wax philosophical with a buddy of mine on the new Dr. Who episodes.

Oh, and keep the girlfriend happy while writing a registered letter to my soon-to-be-ex as I look for a decent family law lawyer to file the divorce.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 08:29:18 PM »

Working to finish off Psychonauts primarily, then do a write-up for another game in the house. Also I just started up Oblivion this week (after spending about six hours DL'ing custom mods for graphics and textures just to get the thing to work worth a damn on my PC) and after actually playing it for a few hours straight I'm completely engulfed. The world sometimes looks empty, but yet it manages to feel vastly more alive and real than Morrowind ever did. My tune may change after 40 hours but right now I'm still savoring it and just walking around getting into adventures and stumbling onto ruins and such.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 08:38:43 PM »

I've been in a long gaming funk going back to the beginning of April. I've tried a bunch of games and haven't stuck with any of them, so this weekend I'm going to try and go through some games and see if any of them rekindle my gaming spirit.  I'm thinking about renting Field Commander or trying to get in to Tales of Eternia on the PSP.  Barring that, I've been hankering to play either M&L:PIt or Phoenix Wright.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 09:14:24 PM »

Gaming-wise, probably just The Suffering.  I've got a novel or two on tap for reading, though.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 09:21:20 PM »

*points at sig*

Mostly planning on a lot of NSMB and FFX-2 action.  NSMB because it's awesome and I'm loving it (though I've barely touched it since Monday), and FFX-2 because it's next on my list of games I picked up a while back and never got around to playing through.  I'm hoping the job system and continuation of the FFX story (which, despite several major flaws, I still enjoyed) is enough to overcome the overly teenybopper-girly atmosphere. slywink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 10:19:17 PM »

Well....I work saturday, sunday, and monday but probably mostly WoW or Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 10:37:30 PM »

I'm not sure how much gaming time I'll have this weekend, but I'll play some Table Tennis for sure.  I've slowly been chipping away at Oblivion and Suikoden V.  My copy of HoMM V arrived today too, so I might crack that open.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 10:39:15 PM »

Not a ton of time to play this weekend, but I hope to get in an hour or so a day.

Trying to get past the level I'm stuck on in Crimson Skies (XBox).

Also, might try to get back on track in Final Fantasy I (GBA). I'm supposed to be looking for a door in a cave, but I have no clue where the cave is. Pretty much just wandering around now.

A friend is lending me the new Tomb Raider game (PS2), so I'll probably give that a go for a bit as well.

And lastly, my credit card is itching to let me buy the new version of PureSim Baseball (PC), but I'm trying to hold off. I'm not sure how much longer I can last. Willpower is fading fast.

HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 11:31:32 PM »

I may pickup Burnout Revenge for the 360 now that it is 39.

I will play some Ghost Recon and New Super Mario!!!!!!!! now that my DS is back from the dead.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
unbreakable
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 11:41:16 PM »

I should continue on with CT, I usually just play it when it's slow at work.

However... I think I'm finally getting my WoW disks back!!  Gotta play WoW...
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 12:02:44 AM »

A bit of Table Tennis, and perhaps restarting The Longest Journey.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 12:48:48 AM »

I'm on a 60 day hiatus (summer vacation) and I will play my PS2 rpg's.

Or maybe they will just sit there forever unloved.

Well, I WILL finish Oblivion at least.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 03:05:12 AM »

i'm on vacation and out of town for the weekend, so i'm away from my 360 and gaming PC.  my laptop came along for the trip, however, and i just started replaying Baldur's Gate II last night...first time i've played it since finishing BG2+ToB about five years ago.  i'd say that should be plenty to keep me occupied for this weekend and many out-of-town trips to come Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 01:40:51 PM »

I week or two ago, I decided I was going to start beating down my backlog of games, particularly the ones I picked up for under $10.

I took Friday off (work is ALWAYS dead in accounting the friday before memorial day.). So far, I am in Chapter 3 of Wild Arms 3, and I hope to power through it by this week-end.  Of course, while at Fry's, I see WA4 is now $20.  Argh, I hold off for now, so I can find it used for $10 next week at Gamestop.  Anyways, I picked up Steambot Chronicles (on sale at Fry's) and I'll probably be playing that next.  Or Rise of Legends (which was also on sale, so I picked IT up).  Or maybe one of the games already sitting on the backlog:

Fear
Earth 2160
God of War
Atelier Iris
Stella Deus
Growlanser Generations
SH:Covenant
Metal Gear SOlid 2
Devil May Cry 3:SE
Magna Carta
(not to mention the dozens of Games I've played for an hour, and just never got back to)

Hi, I'm Jake, and I have a problem...Especially considering that I know EB/GS are having a buy 2, get 1 free sale starting next weekend, and I've been looking at a few titles...

(Oh, btw, any suggestons?  I need more four day weekends so I can cut down this list.)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 02:43:06 PM »

Oblivion.

Hitman Demo

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 03:10:24 PM »

On the to-do list (in no particular order):

Play Kingdom Hearts. in progress
Get BootCamp working. DONE!
Install Dawn of War. DONE!
Read Earth Abides. in progress
Watch Kingdom of Heaven.
Paint some minis.
Build some wartrukks.
Study for boards.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

Well, I ended up picking up MLB 06 The Show last night, and I haven't been able to put it down since.  It may be the most fun I've had in a baseball game since the last MLB EA put out on the Xbox...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 01:05:04 AM »

Playing Metal Gear Online with my *clan*

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 06:14:37 PM »

So far it has been a pretty good gaming weekend timewise.

I've put in a couple hours with Shadow Hearts: Covenant which still isn't grabbing me.

I started up Indigo Prophecy and man, it has been a long time since a game has set the mood so well.  Pretty cool so far, though I hear it gets weird.

I've also just begun Metal Gear Solid 2 and by begun I mean watched the opening cinematic. smile

Great!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 06:49:08 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
I've also just begun Metal Gear Solid 2 and by begun I mean watched the opening cinematic. smile

So you're three hours in then?  :twisted:

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 12:06:46 AM »

I've played no games all weekend, but then, I've been at work.

Of course, I always have 3 days off in a row. It's just that my "weekend" is Tuesday through Thursday.

I'm fully prepared to attempt the hard tourney in Table Tennis tomorrow, and probably try and earn a few more gold medals in the style events on Project Gotham 3.

I may do a couple more missions in Ghost Recon on hard too.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 01:52:59 AM »

Good weekend here. Got a couple of hours into Tomb Raider on Friday. Got unstuck and made good progress with Crimson Skies on Saturday and Sunday.

HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 01:02:21 PM »

I played NOTHING... not ONE SINGLE GAME.

I was outside enjoying the great weather finally....

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 01:40:35 PM »

Sadly I spent most of my weekend sick in bed.  I had no voice and was running a temp of 102.  Oh well, so much for the long weekend.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 03:25:46 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Quote from: "ATB"

So you're three hours in then?  :twisted:

Damn you for beating me to the punchline, Purge.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 03:34:32 PM »

I managed to finish the main storyline FC Instincts, and got halfway through the Extinction campaign.  Played some Mario Golf and Hexic with the wife as well.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 04:32:17 PM »

I played surprisingly little, aside from a long WoW stint with the girlfriend that resulted in us leveling our pair of fresh characters to 12 or so.

Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 05:13:48 PM »

Played a metric shit-ton of WoW starting thursday (5 day weekend) and as of last night my Hunter is only ~100k exp from hitting 60...
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 06:16:15 PM »

I ended up not playing a single frame of a game but finished up the awesome Broken Angels by Richard Morgan and started on Gridlinked by Neal Asher while waiting for another Morgan book, Woken Furies, to arrive in the mail.  Also watched Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut, Munich, and Wedding Crashers. Very nice weekend all around.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 07:31:59 PM »

Was a good gaming weekend - played predominately Monster Hunter Freedom with some DJ Max Portable and some Table Tennis.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 08:08:06 PM »

Didn't get to play any games here either  :cry:

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print