http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 11:25:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Know, I became a console gamer so gradually...  (Read 716 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2006, 03:51:21 AM »

that I didn't even realize it until just now.  I think the last PC game I bought was EQ2, back at the end of November, and I barely played it for the free month trial period.  I've downloaded demos for the PC but I have not really installed them.  I think, since the new year, I have spent maybe about 5 hours playing a PC game.

Now, consoles (X-Box, PS2 and 360), I have purchased probably 15 games since then.  I don't think I purchase 15 PC games in 2005.  I never realized it until for some reason it dawned on me while reading a post about Space Rangers 2.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this, I guess I just felt the need to ramble a bit.  Move along, nothing to see here.  This is not the cupcake you are looking for.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 04:55:37 AM »

PC GAMING IS DOOMED!!11!1!

Actually, it's weird - Overall, I play consoles more.  But I sit down and play PC games for an extended period of time way more often than with consoles.

PC games make up half of the most popular games on GameRankings right now, which is pretty cool (and to me surprising).

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 04:59:31 AM »

I would say I am still 50/50 but with my 360 and the awesome features of live, I am heading towards console love more an dmore often.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »

You Know, I became a console gamer so gradually...

Not me. I got an xbox on Christmas Day 2002 and haven't PC Gamed much at all since then.

The only game I've purchased since then is Disciples 2 gold with all the expansions (I had already beaten the original years ago).

I just recently loaded up Age of Wonders II and I still have Warcraft III staring at me...but I'm just not interested enough to relearn AOW or reload WCIII.

That said, I did just buy a PS2 smile.
FlyingElvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 11:20:48 AM »

To each his own. I play console games, but inevitably return to the PC for the variety, depth and complexity that PC games offer.

But I do occasionally boot up a console when I'm in the mood for what the consoles do best.

Now playing: Oblivion, X3: The Reunion
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 12:18:27 PM »

I don't know.. with the lack of xbox 360 games out, I've been finding myself going the PC route more and more.
There are so many PC games that you'll never see on a console, Starwars Empire at War, Age of Empires III, Warcraft 3, Battlefield 2 (the *real* one!), and a host of other RTS games.

It's funny that till the end of last year I was a 99% console gamer. Then came with the new computer and I've been catching up on all these PC games that I missed along the way, being a big RTS fan I know it's unfortunate we won't be seeing very many on consoles any time soon.

Still though, I love my xbox 360 but the only game I play is Perfect Dark Zero (with bots since I dont have xbox live) until the games start coming out in steady supply.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 05:32:40 PM »

I left PC Gaming years ago when I played the likes of Wing Commander, Hockey League Simulator, Falcon 3.0, Command & Conquer and so on.

Then came the Gamecube & Xbox.  I've been a console owner/player ever since.  I own the X360, Xbox, Gamecube, PS2 & DS.

But recently I'm slowly creeping back into PC gaming.  I have now bought Civilization IV, Space Rangers 2, Galactic Civilizations II, Star Wars Empire at War, Evil Genius and The Movies (in a trade) and these games are pulling me back in.  At least for these type of strategy games.  And I have not played one single game yet in any of these PC games.  I have read all the manuals though - several times over.  And I've had Civ IV and Space Rangers since last year.

I still need that damn new laptop though.  I think that is what I'm waiting for.  Everything has to be perfect before I will play.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 07:28:31 PM »

The only PC games I play are MMOs.  All other games on the PC are usually ver involved and I just don't have the time anymore to get wrapped up in them.  With an MMO, I can usually get in and do a couple of quests and be done.  However, even playing MMOs is probably seeing its final days.  I have been playing WoW for a while, but have been losing interest and with some stellar 360 games about to come out, I think my time will be taken up.

Consoles, on the other hand, (especially my handhelds) allow me to get in some very quick and easy gaming sessions and as such, I have pretty much given up on PC gaming.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: