http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 04:11:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yikes! All leaderboards have been reset on Xbox Live!  (Read 1438 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2006, 03:55:15 PM »

So, I was preplexed to find out that my DOA score was 1,000 points less this morning than it was yesterday....and my 47 win record was down to zero!  :shock:

Reading other forums....it looks like ALL games have had their leaderboards RESET, new year...new leaderboards!

My 276,000 on Geometry Wars....gone! Doh!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 04:46:16 PM »

And yet, the world is still rotating on its axis  :roll:
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 05:42:02 PM »

"everything put together falls apart"?...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 07:06:06 PM »

"... the center does not hold."

Not surprising, but that still will suck come 2007 when all scores are reset again.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 07:45:22 PM »

I hate it when they do that.  Compiling an amazing record on NHL 2k6 only to have it wiped, argh!

Did the actual gamerpoints for everyone get reset?  Or did that stay the same?

TheMissingLink on PSN
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 08:01:43 PM »

well, I guess it sucks if you have pretty good scores, but good if you have sucky scores!!   :wink:

This makes me think of that one seinfeld episode where George wanted to save the frogger arcade machine because he had the highest score on it.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 09:13:50 PM »

Haven't they always done that every couple of months?  I know my record in NFL 2K5 has been reset about 6 times since I have been playing it.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 10:36:59 PM »

Well, sure life will go on, but this is very frustrating for people that spend long hours compiling records in certain games. I mean I understand why they do it sometimes, but I really feel like they should do it at most once a year-they've been doing it far more frequently lately.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 10:47:50 PM »

Sounds like it was a glitch?

http://www.majornelson.com/

We are currently experiencing an issue with some of the leader boards and stats for Xbox 360 titles. We have identified the issue, and are working on resolving it over the next few hours. Until this issue is resolved, there will be some leader boards and stats issues….thanks for your patience as we work through this. Now would be a good time to work on the campaigns of some of those single player games you have  

I’ll update this post when the issue is resolved.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Cyrano
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 10:48:47 PM »

It's an excellent policy for Microsoft to reset the leaderboards regularly if they want people to hate Xbox Live and the 360. I read somewhere that part of Microsoft's strategy to keep people from switching to the PS3 when it comes out is to get users invested in their Live rankings and scores. Why would they just reset them?
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 11:01:01 PM »

Quote from: "Cyrano"
It's an excellent policy for Microsoft to reset the leaderboards regularly if they want people to hate Xbox Live and the 360. I read somewhere that part of Microsoft's strategy to keep people from switching to the PS3 when it comes out is to get users invested in their Live rankings and scores. Why would they just reset them?

They've reset leaderboards on sports titles for the original XBox for years.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »

And one day in we already have the stupidest post of 2006.  Xbox Live is sooooooo much better than playing anything online on the PS2.  Sure, it costs money, but it is worth it.  It does suck when you work hard to achieve a good record, but if that is going to make you switch systems then you are a moron.  Think of it as the "gaming season" coming to an end.  Like the NFL, you have the Super Bowl and then everyone goes back to 0-0.  Work your way back up the ranks!  Yes, that is a joke.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 11:50:27 PM »

See this for answers:

http://www.majornelson.com/2006/01/01/xbox-live-leader-boards-stats/

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 01:38:52 AM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"

And one day in we already have the stupidest post of 2006.

Classy.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 04:35:36 AM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"
Quote from: "GatorFavre"

And one day in we already have the stupidest post of 2006.

Classy.

Yes, I put the "ass" in classy.  So what?

Cyrano
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 05:10:23 AM »

GatorFavre,

Try a basic reading comprehension course, perhaps. I said that I had read that Microsoft expects people to want to stay with the 360 because they are invested in the Xbox live rankings, not that I was going to switch to the PS3 because the rankings were reset. How could you get that from what I wrote?

Can I assume from the "Favre" in your name that you're a cheesehead?

Also, the title of this whole thread is in error. Microsoft did not reset the leaderboards; it's a bug they're fixing. If they're trying to get people invested in their rankings, they won't reset the leaderboards. I think what made people assume that the boards had been reset was that it happened on January 1st.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 05:59:55 AM »

GatorFavre,

Try a basic reading comprehension course, perhaps. I said that I had read that Microsoft expects people to want to stay with the 360 because they are invested in the Xbox live rankings, not that I was going to switch to the PS3 because the rankings were reset. How could you get that from what I wrote?

Can I assume from the "Favre" in your name that you're a cheesehead?

Also, the title of this whole thread is in error. Microsoft did not reset the leaderboards; it's a bug they're fixing. If they're trying to get people invested in their rankings, they won't reset the leaderboards. I think what made people assume that the boards had been reset was that it happened on January 1st.

NO....whats a cheesehead?  Who are the Packers and what is a Brett Favre?  Not that I know what that has to do with the length of an Eskimo's dick on a cold night.  

You said resetting the Live leaderboards would make people hate the 360 and Xbox Live, and that Microsoft is relying on Xbox Live to keep people from switching to the PS3 when it comes out.  So wouldnt it be logical to derive that if Microsoft is doing something to make people hate their system and the services they offer then those customers would likely switch to the PS3?    And I agree, this thread is in error.  And when I was saying "you"  I didnt necessarily mean you, but everyone that owns a 360.  Sorry for the confusion.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: