http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 06:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenosaga 2?  (Read 818 times)
Ragnarok
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2005, 06:00:09 AM »

Any impressions on this?  I am currently bidding on it on eBay though I haven't played the first one.  I'm interested though, can someone give me a review or point me to one?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 07:05:44 AM »

Quote from: "Ragnarok"
Any impressions on this?  I am currently bidding on it on eBay though I haven't played the first one.  I'm interested though, can someone give me a review or point me to one?

The consensus on these boards was that the game was a mediocre sequel to a fairly mediocre original.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 09:45:58 AM »

Not to mention it has even more cutscenes than the original, and the original had more cutscene time than gameplay time.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 02:39:38 PM »

I count the first Xenosga among my top 5 favorite games of all time.  The sequel, however, was a huge, steaming pile of crap.  Go play the first one a couple times and just skip the second entirely.

BTW, if you play X2 without having played X1, it probably won't make much sense.  The developers assume you are already familiar with the events and characters of the first game and proceed accordingly.  There's no "Previously on Xenosaga..." help in X2.

There's a fairly detailed discussion about it here and reviews here

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »

Whew! Someone outbid me.  Those were some bad reviews.  Maybe I'll just keep playing through SH:Covenant. smile

Thanks!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 09:26:02 PM »

"Not to mention it has even more cutscenes than the original, and the original had more cutscene time than gameplay time."

It may have seemed that way, but it's not true.  It certainly had a ton of lengthy cutscenes, but there were only 8 total hours of them in a 40 hour game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 01:47:37 AM »

I played through Xenosaga I and really enjoyed it.  Luckily, I timed that playthrough so I finished up several days before the release of Xenosaga II.

And Xenosaga II, although in the beginning it seems like a pretty fine game, turns out to be pretty bad.  I played through and finished up around the 29 hour mark, because I did some of the unrequired GS side-quests, but the last 10 or so hours was a real push for me to finish up.  The combat seemed pretty fun and fresh for me in the beginning.  But it ended up just being pretty "bleh" and "unfun" for me towards the end.

It progresses the story of the first, which is a good thing because I really like the story, but as a stand-alone RPG it's pretty bad.

And what the heck!  Don't take any breaks from SH:C!  Now THAT'S a good game   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: