http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 06:58:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox360 Preorders Open Again on EBGames  (Read 1313 times)
Jimmy the Fish
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2005, 05:18:24 AM »

For those who didn't pre-order an Xbox and regretted it later, you have a second chance. I just happened to visit EBGames.com and noticed that they are taking preorders for an "ultimate" bundle and a "core" bundle (click 'Xbox360' on the top nav bar). Prices are $700 for the ultimate and $600 for the core. Unlike some of the more ridiculous bundles at Gamestop, these bundles seem more reasonable, with games that I actually want.

There's a warning that orders placed after Oct. 26 may not ship until 2006, but the estimated ship date when I placed the order was Dec. 1.

It's worth considering if you really, really want one now...
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 05:53:13 AM »

Are you able to cancel your order if you want to before you actually get it?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 06:18:53 AM »

Seriously, I would be very very careful with this guys. It could easily be February before some people get them if you order from EB. You know how they do.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 06:39:34 AM »

Quote from: "Graham"

It appears that you can cancel the order. I figure I'll try waiting in line at Best Buy for the midnight release.  If I get one there, I'll cancel the EB order.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 04:42:38 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy the Fish"
Quote from: "Graham"

It appears that you can cancel the order. I figure I'll try waiting in line at Best Buy for the midnight release.  If I get one there, I'll cancel the EB order.

Is there an easy process to do this?  I want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 05:04:52 PM »

Yes, it looks pretty straighforward to cancel an order. Just look at the order details page online and click on the "cancel" button.

A new twist has appeared when I checked my order this morning. Each item in the bundle has been broken out separately in the overall order. All the items now have varying expected ship dates, so I don't know if EB will hold everything and ship it all in one big box or in separate boxes as items become available. I gave EB a call and they really couldn't tell me anything. My order will most likely ship in early January according to their estimates, but they are hoping that Microsoft is shipping more units than what they are saying initially. What will most likely happen is that they will ship me the games and various accessories first in Nov./Dec. and then the console itself in January. But like I said, they are not really sure what the situation will be come the launch day.

So, if you HAVE to have one on launch day, you're probably better off waiting in line at Best Buy or Walmart. If you can wait up to a month or month and a half, then place an order with EB.

For me, I'm going to think it over in the next couple of days. I'd like to have one on launch day, but the thought of waiting in line for hours with a mass of people doesn't really appeal to me.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 07:27:22 PM »

Has it been confirmed that Best Buy is doing a midnight launch? I don't remember them doing a midnight launch for anything.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 08:51:22 PM »

I"m sure the link is somewhere; the only thing I read about Best Buy is that they may be limited to 50 boxes per store...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 11:50:19 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
Has it been confirmed that Best Buy is doing a midnight launch? I don't remember them doing a midnight launch for anything.

I remember 2 in the not so distant past:

Doom 3 (at certain ones, I'll give you that)
Halo 2 (at most)

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 05:01:20 AM »

If the order may not get there untill the beginning of next year then I don't see what the point of this is other than them trying to get money from people. Unless you are in the opening day(s) crowd why dump your money with EB when the "deals" arn't any lower? Did I miss reading somewhere where EB and Gamestop are the only ones getting 360's and Walmart, Best Buy and every other consumer electronics store gets left out?  :roll:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 05:10:36 AM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"

I remember 2 in the not so distant past:

Doom 3 (at certain ones, I'll give you that)
Halo 2 (at most)

You know what really pissed me off. For the original XBox, at least in my area, there was no midnight release. SO I had to get up at 4am to wait in line at Target to open at 6am for the damn thing. How silly. Damn, I need to think about finding a way to get me one of these 360s without camping out, because I have not yet preordered from anywhere!!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 06:39:36 AM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
I don't see what the point of this is other than them trying to get money from people.

I think that is the point.

Unless they've found more supply they are just trying keep people from looking elsewhere.  They need to promise consoles to lock in those pre-order sales on the games (where they money is).  What have they got to lose?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 07:41:30 AM »

I was worried about this for a while, but now I just don't know.

I think I'll venture out early morning on release day and if I get one then great, if I don't.. it can wait.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 08:11:05 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Damn, I need to think about finding a way to get me one of these 360s without camping out, because I have not yet preordered from anywhere!!

I with ya there buddy. I have never camped out to get anything (although my wife did stand in a very long line for one of the zelda games for me). I may have to now. Although with my current work situation it wouldn't be very hard for me to do, plus I could come home and play all the rest of the friggin week then.

LiveTAG: happydog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: