http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 10:12:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XBox Originals for next year?  (Read 858 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 31, 2007, 04:51:59 AM »

Over at the Surfer Girl Reviews Star Wars rumor blog she lists some original XBox games that are supposedly coming out this next year.  If she's right, there may be a few happier people around here (mostly because that should mean they also get straight backwards compatibility).  I've bolded some interesting ones:

Some of the 2008 additions to the Xbox Originals lineup: Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Amped 2, Armed and Dangerous, Blinx: The Time Sweeper, Blinx 2: Masters of Time & Space, Blood Wake, Brute Force, Conker: Live & Reloaded, Dead or Alive 3, Deathrow, Dino Crisis 3, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Fable bonus content, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, GunValkyrie, Halo 2, Jade Empire, Jet Set Radio Future, Mechassault, MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Midtown Madness 3, Ninja Gaiden, Quantum Redshift, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Phantom Dust Rent-A-Hero No. 1, Shenmue II, Sneakers, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel Without a Pulse", Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus, ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth, Tork: Prehistoric Punk, Voodoo Vince, Whacked!. Service expected to have over one hundred titles end of next year.

Nice to see ones such as Armed and Dangerous, Deathrow, Voodoo Vince, Metal Arms and the Mech Assaults.  I know at least one person around here will be happy to see her mention Midtown Madness 3, too!  Of course it's just rumor, but she has been right about other things before.

Oh, and she also mentions that Cryptic is no longer working on the Marvel MMO and some other things.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 05:35:02 AM »

MIDTOWN MADNESS 3!!! Damn, I hope this is more than just a rumor. Unfortunately I think it might be just that, as I recently read the reason MM3 and Rallisport Challenge 2 haven't become BC is because the original Swedish 2nd party developer owns the source code and not Microsoft. Crossing my fingers that Surfer Girl is right about this.  paranoid

There's also some other games on that list that I missed the 1st time around and wouldn't mind picking up. Toe Jam & Earl 3 will be a day 1 download and probably Panzer Dragoon Orta as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 05:37:07 AM by kronovan » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 07:14:26 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 31, 2007, 04:51:59 AM

Oh, and she also mentions that Cryptic is no longer working on the Marvel MMO and some other things.

yeah, FWIW the Marvel MMO is DOA AFAIK. 

Looks like I may have to look into that bigger 360 HD with these Originals coming out.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 31, 2007, 07:14:26 AM

Wait, what?! That would suck frown.

It's still listed on the Cryptic webpage.

EDIT: Only thing I can find after some quick googling is a 1up article that's mainly assumptions. Now, they have some evidence to back it up but it's mainly circumstantial. I'll continue holding out hope that this game is released until I see something a bit more official.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:09:46 AM by godhugh » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 08:10:30 AM »

Quote from: godhugh on December 31, 2007, 07:59:12 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 31, 2007, 07:14:26 AM

Wait, what?! That would suck frown.

It's still listed on the Cryptic webpage.

I just found out the person I heard that from was passing it on from the same source mentioned, so it could actually still be only a rumor.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 05:14:10 PM »

armed and dangerous,midtown madness 3 and KOTOR 1...are all must buys...the other must buys i have on disc

but that is a good line up,GTAs,KOTOR2,shenmue2..BIGGER HARDDRIVE PLEASE...120 gig aint gonna last!,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 05:47:24 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 31, 2007, 05:14:10 PM

BIGGER HARDDRIVE PLEASE...120 gig aint gonna last!,LOL

I know, I can't even fit one of the titles on my 20Gig hard drive with all the demos I have on it.  I guess I could just delete them, but I like to replay a lot of them occasionally. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »

There are at least 2-3 games from that list I will get (and FWIW, I think Surfer Girl knows her shit). But the HDD is really too small. I am very, very close to wanting to upgrade to an elite.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 06:17:46 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on December 31, 2007, 06:06:30 PM

There are at least 2-3 games from that list I will get (and FWIW, I think Surfer Girl knows her shit). But the HDD is really too small. I am very, very close to wanting to upgrade to an elite.

You don't have to upgrade to an elite you can just buy a 120 GB hard drive. The only reason it would be worthwhile to upgrade to the elite is if you have an original pro that doesn't have the HDMI port. Even then it would only be worth it if you have a 1080p HDTV with an HDMI input.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 06:21:45 PM by kronovan » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 06:19:08 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 31, 2007, 06:17:46 PM

Quote from: Calvin on December 31, 2007, 06:06:30 PM

You don't have to upgrade to an elite you can just buy a 120 GB hard drive. The only reason it would be worthwhile to upgrade to the elite is if you have an original pro that doesn't have the HDMI port. Even then it would only be worth it if you have a 1080p HDTV with an HDMI input.

Everything you just said applies to me smile I also like the black! However, I first want to see how much I can get for my current one (still no freezing issues).
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 06:22:48 PM »

In regards to the downloadable games, I'll only buy them on XBLA if I can't find preowned or new copies 1st. Recently I bought a new copy of Fable Lost Chapters for less than it costs to download on XBLA and unlike the XBLA original it had the extra content. The only reason I plan to download TJ & E and PD Orta is because it's very hard to find new or preowned copies in my city.

[Edit] While looking for some additional info on KuF:CoD I stumbled on some details of the upcoming Tron XBLA original download.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/tronxboxlivearcade/

This release will be an enhanced version with 2 player co-op for both on & offline being added! Damn...I really liked Tron KA on GBA and liked the Xbox version quite a lot despite my disk being somewhat faulty. This is definitely a day 1 download for me!  slywink thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:53:24 PM by kronovan » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: