http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 03:42:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XBOX Live is 100% FUBAR  (Read 14220 times)
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2007, 12:38:48 AM »

Check out the status on the XBOX.com support page:

Up and running

Users may experience issues performing transactions dependent on Windows Live ID availability including but not limited to Xbox 360 and Zune account creation, renewal, recovery, all DMP transactions, and logging into or creating Windows Live ID accounts. Users will experience intermittent issues including but not limited to: Tournaments, Storage Downloads, Gamer Tile, Statistics through Arbitration, Match Making, and Messaging. Additionally, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 users may experience issues joining matches or posting statistics. Customer Support may also experience issues referencing customer data. We are aware of the issue and are currently working to resolve it. We apologize for any inconvenience.

LOL.

Why not just take it down since it is almost completely useless right now? What an absolute mess they have on their hands.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 12:52:41 AM »

Haha, that's awesome.  Might more sense just to say "Xbox Live is down, we're working our hardest to bring it back up again".

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 01:00:53 AM »

Yeah, "Up and running" for 10 minutes at a time, maybe.  I can't believe they've been having these problems for several days in a row.  Unacceptable for a paid service as far as I'm concerned. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 01:01:50 AM »

PSN network is 100% free and 100% running currently, just got done playing UT3 and Warhawk online on lag-free servers.

Just a heads-up for those who need to play games online right now.

TheMissingLink on PSN
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 01:56:45 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 30, 2007, 01:01:50 AM

PSN network is 100% free and 100% running currently, just got done playing UT3 and Warhawk online on lag-free servers.

Seriously, dude...it's getting old now.  We kjnow you're a Sony Fanboy.  We get it.  Hetz II.

You're right...the PSN network is 100% free and 100% currently running, but without an in-game XMB that integrates the online as seamlessly as XBox Live does, I hardly ever use it.  $50 a year isn't too much and it is fairly rare that this kind of problem crops up.  I get much more use out of it and am willing to pay.  When Home finally comes out and if it delivers on its promise, then MS might have to rethink their business model.  Until then, I think it's worth the money.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:02:59 AM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 02:01:37 AM »

It's sad cause it tells me my friends are online, but I don't have access to my log in system blade.   Anyway, hope they get the issues straightened out soon

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 02:03:37 AM »

Glad for the PSN  thumbsup  Roll Eyes

NiM$
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 02:12:47 AM »

Having 1/10th the # of online users helps out a lot for PSN...

icon_biggrin
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 02:21:10 AM »

well, at least they finally acknowledged it.  after the last few nights of pointlessly trying to join cod matches, i was getting to feel like we were just going to have to deal with it. 

the reason they say "it works, but...." is that they don't want to open the door to compensating users for the outage.

oh well, it gives me more time to the sp games i need to finish up.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
depward

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 02:29:32 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 30, 2007, 01:56:45 AM

Seriously, dude...it's getting old now.  We kjnow you're a Sony Fanboy.  We get it.  Hetz II.

You're right...the PSN network is 100% free and 100% currently running, but without an in-game XMB that integrates the online as seamlessly as XBox Live does, I hardly ever use it.  $50 a year isn't too much and it is fairly rare that this kind of problem crops up.  I get much more use out of it and am willing to pay.  When Home finally comes out and if it delivers on its promise, then MS might have to rethink their business model.  Until then, I think it's worth the money.

It's the truth?

The PSN isn't hardly ever down... and it's free.  Yet I'm PAYING for a service that's down unexpectedly?  On a Saturday? Yikes.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 02:30:39 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 30, 2007, 02:03:37 AM

Glad for the PSN  thumbsup  Roll Eyes

Says the guy without a PS3.  Nice   thumbsup

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 02:48:09 AM »

When your powers combine..... I AM CAPTAIN SONY....
DEPWARD! HETZ! TURTLE! TML!

Sucks that live is down, but its still better than the PSN.

EDIT:  Just to disclaim, I am just poking fun. We all have our favorite console some are just more verbal about it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:32:07 AM by GatorFavre » Logged

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 02:49:47 AM »

Quote from: depward on December 30, 2007, 02:29:32 AM

Quote from: The Grue on December 30, 2007, 01:56:45 AM

It's the truth?

The PSN isn't hardly ever down... and it's free.  Yet I'm PAYING for a service that's down unexpectedly?  On a Saturday? Yikes.

How often is Xbox Live down? Once every week? No hardly ever at all. Over the 5 years its been running Xbox Live has been a superb system overall.

But since the Sony fanboys don't have much to hold on too these days so I'm sure they will grasp at anything which comes there way anymore.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 02:53:33 AM »

Now now, come on guys, lets not argue about this. It's a frustrating time during one of the best gaming periods of the year, and I think we all are disappointed with Microsoft's inability to cope with additional traffic.

Yes, XBOX Live is a superb service, we can all probably agree on that, but TML does make a fair point, Sony's service is good, very stable, always up (I have never once seen it down) and as far as gameplay goes, seems to be, dare I say, a bit more lag free, than XBL, on the games I have had for both platforms. No reason to damn Sony's service when it is getting better all the time and on its way to being a solid competitor to Live.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 02:57:03 AM »

Its frustrating when you say something positive about a different service and you get labeled something.  The PSN is free.  I can play online games reliably tonight.  I'm sorry for stating the facts!

It's frustrating that I cannot play games on a Saturday night with my Live account.  TML was saying that the other online service is up and running tonight.  No need for the haters to come out and whine like babies and call someone Hetz II because he's reporting his experience with the competing service.

And Xbox Live IS fubared.  Had problems playing Burnout (and a little bit of Halo) last night.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 02:57:45 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 30, 2007, 01:00:53 AM

Yeah, "Up and running" for 10 minutes at a time, maybe.  I can't believe they've been having these problems for several days in a row.  Unacceptable for a paid service as far as I'm concerned. 

I can agree with that. What I want to see is just a bit more information. We KNOW there is a problem, we get that XBL Staff, tell us WHAT is causing it, give us some feedback. People tend to get a lot less pissed off when they have information and not just confusing babble about what we already know isn't working right, lol.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 02:58:38 AM »

Quote from: depward on December 30, 2007, 02:57:03 AM

Its frustrating when you say something positive about a different service and you get labeled something.  The PSN is free.  I can play online games reliably tonight.  I'm sorry for stating the facts!

It's frustrating that I cannot play games on a Saturday night with my Live account.  TML was saying that the other online service is up and running tonight.  No need for the haters to come out and whine like babies and call someone Hetz II because he's reporting his experience with the competing service.

And Xbox Live IS fubared.  Had problems playing Burnout (and a little bit of Halo) last night.

Well said, now, lets move back into a peaceful discussion.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 02:58:54 AM »

Quote from: jblank on December 30, 2007, 02:53:33 AM

Now now, come on guys, lets not argue about this. It's a frustrating time during one of the best gaming periods of the year, and I think we all are disappointed with Microsoft's inability to cope with additional traffic.

Yes, XBOX Live is a superb service, we can all probably agree on that, but TML does make a fair point, Sony's service is good, very stable, always up (I have never once seen it down) and as far as gameplay goes, seems to be, dare I say, a bit more lag free, than XBL, on the games I have had for both platforms. No reason to damn Sony's service when it is getting better all the time and on its way to being a solid competitor to Live.

Keep in mind what Arkon said:  "Having 1/10th the # of online users helps out a lot for PSN..."

Very true indeed.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 03:01:54 AM »

Quote from: Starshifter on December 30, 2007, 02:58:54 AM

Quote from: jblank on December 30, 2007, 02:53:33 AM

Keep in mind what Arkon said:  "Having 1/10th the # of online users helps out a lot for PSN..."

Very true indeed.

Sure, but, it still works and works well. icon_biggrin

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 03:12:50 AM »

All I know is, I'm glad to see this thread, because I was starting to think something was seriously wrong with my 360 tonight.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 03:17:31 AM »

Quote from: Starshifter

Very true indeed.

That is true.

So is the fact that PSN is currently normal and 100% up and running.  I was making sure multi-console owners were aware, so they could plan accordingly on this Saturday night of a long holiday weekend.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 03:19:48 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 30, 2007, 03:17:31 AM

Very true indeed.

That is true.

So is the fact that PSN is currently normal and 100% up and running.  I was making sure multi-console owners were aware, so they could plan accordingly on this Saturday night of a long holiday weekend.

Good point. The Nintendo, Steam, XFire, and World of Warcraft servers appear to be up and stable currently as well. Just an FYI for multi-platform gamers. Tongue

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 03:21:58 AM »

Very true indeed.

That is true.

That's a fairly disingenous statement. You posted that because you're a fan of Sony and you wanted to get a dig in at Microsoft. Other then being kinda annoying, there's nothing wrong with it so just admit it.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 03:35:31 AM »

Quote from: godhugh on December 30, 2007, 03:21:58 AM

Very true indeed.

That is true.

That's a fairly disingenous statement. You posted that because you're a fan of Sony and you wanted to get a dig in at Microsoft. Other then being kinda annoying, there's nothing wrong with it so just admit it.

+1   Normally, I stay out of the 360 vs PS3 combat, but your statment was a blantant dig at Live and you posted tyour comment in a thread at Live issues

NiM$
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 03:37:43 AM »

Yeah, good to know... I was starting to doubt my wireless network there. Had restarted my routers and was still having issues.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 03:45:11 AM »

I was simply giving multi-console owners a heads-up if they were itching for some multiplayer action...or just gaming.  I hear the dashboard is screwed up, not launching games for some folks.  That sucks.

I hope they get their act together soon, I'm sure quite a few new 360 owners aren't pleased this long holiday weekend after Christmas...

Giving those with multiple consoles another option; WFC for every Nintendo console is up and running, as well.  There are no monthly/yearly costs associated with it, so you don't need a credit card to sign up or choose a membership level when you log in for those of you who haven't logged online yet with your DS or Wii.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 03:48:36 AM »

I was beginning to think they got rid of Silver memberships altogether and required you to pay for a Gold membership to use XBL slywink

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 04:02:15 AM »

XBOX Live would be up and running to if they had as few subscribers as PSN
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 04:18:52 AM »

I was freaking out and thinking my hard drive was dying on me tonight when I was simply trying to play guitar hero 3. It was taking me minutes to get to the freaking main menu. Then I finally unplugged the cat 5 cable and I was getting there instantly. It's bad when XBL screws up your gaming experience when you have no interest in any multiplayer or online gaming. Microsoft needs to get their shit together. If I was more than an XBox Tin member I would be even more pissed to be paying a monthly fee for such terrible service.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2007, 04:21:32 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 30, 2007, 04:02:15 AM

See: posts #7 & #17

deadhorse

TheMissingLink on PSN
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 04:29:10 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 30, 2007, 04:21:32 AM

See: posts #7 & #17

deadhorse

TML, meet irony.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 04:29:34 AM »

hmmm...sucks live isn't working...oh well....off to bed I go....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 04:34:44 AM »

Quote from: jblank on December 30, 2007, 02:57:45 AM

[What I want to see is just a bit more information. We KNOW there is a problem, we get that XBL Staff, tell us WHAT is causing it, give us some feedback. People tend to get a lot less pissed off when they have information and not just confusing babble about what we already know isn't working right, lol.

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't believe in error messages.  It would be much less frustrating if Windows (or XBox Live) crashed and then gave you a clear message about what the most likely cause was.  Instead, we get strings of letters that are meaningless to most people or completely wrong error messages.  When I was signing up for XBox Live, I entered my e-mail address wrong (I mistook a comma for a period) and was given the error message that Live was temporarily down and I should try again later  saywhat

As for XBox Live, it's so messed up I can't even play XBLA games offline.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 04:40:32 AM »

What does "more me than u can be" or whatever mean?  At least, I think it's your profile that says that... but either Xbox Live is so screwed up that I don't see you on my friends list anymore or.... could it be?!

But seriously, what does that even mean?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 05:04:31 AM »

Hrm. I'm glad someone commented on the PSN network. Is that salt you're rubbing in? What is your motive in that comment?

I'd just like to point out that FUBAR stands for Fucked up Beyond Any Recognition. (or somesuch military phrase).

I'd have to say that Live being down is definately beyond what I would recognize as Live. I hope it's fixed soon.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
warning

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 05:15:11 AM »

I was playing Pictionary tonight with my nieces at their dining room table.  Everything seemed to work well but I think there was a bit more lag compared to last week at our dining room table.

You guys are welcome to join us next time we play.  It's 100% free!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 05:17:48 AM »

As soon as you lose that "Global Moderator" title, Imma gonna kick yer ass. :shakes fist:

slywink

Ooo, and that point you missed was the S.S. Minnow.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 05:22:19 AM »

yeah, xbl freakin was horrible. I had to disconnect my lan cable just to play rock band. It hung at the loading additional content for 15 mins before i did that.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007, 05:41:57 AM »

Xbox Live made Mass Effect stutter and have sync problems during the game a lot tonight.

Oh wait...

Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 06:49:38 AM »

Quote from: warning on December 30, 2007, 05:15:11 AM

I was playing Pictionary tonight with my nieces at their dining room table.  Everything seemed to work well but I think there was a bit more lag compared to last week at our dining room table.

You guys are welcome to join us next time we play.  It's 100% free!

Now that was funny smile

Oh! Can someone tell me how to connect my Xbox 360 to the PSN? Since it's free and all.......oh wait!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: