http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 04:38:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox Live 360 games, what are you playing?  (Read 2192 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2006, 06:48:26 PM »

Just wondering what's everyone's gamertags and what games are you playing on the 360 and Live?

I have the 1 month free trial on live, and plenty of games to rent in my area.  I'd like to see if I can get some games with fellow GT members here.
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 08:59:44 PM »

Hey Turtle,

I'm jament on Live.  There's a master thread stickied in the Multiplayer forums that lists everyone's 360 tags.

Currently, I'm playing PGR, Madden and Billiards on Live.  Maybe I'll run into you some time.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 09:05:08 PM »

As you can tell, I've been playing:
Zuma, Perfect Dark Zero, Dead or Alive 4, Condemned, and Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

(But mostly I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII.)
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:18:35 PM »

I'm playing a lot of Need For Speed Most Wanted, King Kong, and Geometry Wars.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 10:42:38 PM »

I should also ask, what are your favorite Live Arcade games?  How's Zuma?

I'm having fun with the Geometry Wars trial.

Oh, and do we have some general Live game day/night?
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 11:57:33 PM »

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 12:07:29 AM »

Loving the Geometry Wars, Gauntlet, and SmashTV, and trying to wrap up Condemned so I can trade it; after that I'm going to run co-op through PDZ with the roomies so I can try to trade that off, too, and then wrapping up PGR3 so I can trade that.  If you can't tell, I'm itching to try out some of the other stuff.

Loving the 360 so far, in total.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 12:20:35 AM »

I've been playing 'how many times can I return my 360 to Microsoft until I get a working one' ever since launch. However, I've played Kameo and PDZ mostly, with a dab of PGR (as my first 360 ate the disc).

Mainly Geometry Wars though. Lots of Geometry Wars (as it explains my 'decent' scores). biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 12:38:50 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"

I've played so much Zuma, it's embarassing. I love that game so damn much!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 12:55:27 AM »

Gamertag is KMGrey.

Haven't played the 360 at all in about two weeks.  Before that it was mainly NFS:MW with the occasional bout of Geometry Wars.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 02:26:51 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"

Ditto. It's the best puzzle arcade game ever made.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"
Quote from: "Captain Caveman"

Ditto. It's the best puzzle arcade game ever made.

EVER MADE? WOAH thats bold. BOLD. Really good game. BEST PUZZLE GAME?

How about...

Lumines
Columns
Bust  A Move 17
Tetris
Lemmings?

I dont think  it holds a candle to lemmings was that not a PUZZLE GAME?

You burst into this thread thrusting about your allegations, its just damned hurtful morton.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 02:46:43 PM »

He did say puzzle ARCADE game, which may narrow the competition somewhat. That being said, I think I may actually like Zuma more than all the classic puzzle games you listed, although I'm slightly embarassed to say that I've never played a Bust-a-Move title or any of the Lemmings games.
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 03:29:53 PM »

Hexic slaps Zuma with a wet trout.

And... Zuma's a Puzzle game?  Really?  What's the puzzle part?  Trying to figure out which string to shoot the ball into?  I've played Zuma, I just don't get the puzzle/strategy part of it.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 03:39:22 PM »

Quote from: "jament"
Hexic slaps Zuma with a wet trout.

And... Zuma's a Puzzle game?  Really?  What's the puzzle part?  Trying to figure out which string to shoot the ball into?  I've played Zuma, I just don't get the puzzle/strategy part of it.

Setting up chains, gap bonuses, holes through which to hit coins, etc. It's a twtichy puzzle game to be sure, but it you rely solely on your arcade prowess and ignore strategic planning, you'll never compete with the rrmortons of the world.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 02:58:03 AM »

LOL at Hank. I love the 17 and the ? in your list.

Well put, Caveman. And on top of all that, Zuma gives you two balls at all times which you can switch back and forth between. That means countless split-second decisions about which color to use where.

As for Hank's list, the only two that give Zuma a run for its money are Tetris and Lemmings. (Is Columns even a real game?)

Tetris is the grandaddy of em all and yo, I'll give that game mad respekt and crazy shoutouts til I'm blue in the grill. But the game design is always moving inexorably to your defeat with only your high score to measure your achievement. Now Zuma on the other hand, Zuma has real goals so you can actually, you know, *be victorious*.

Lemmings is a sentimental favorite and an amazing game... but it could get frustrating not knowing what to do. So I gotta give the edge to Zuma in which you always know exactly what needs doin'. I love the billiards feel and the strategy and the last second saves and the whole damn thing.

Zuma on the PC is a lot better than Zuma on the 360. The mouse is the only way to play your best.

A toast, to ZUMA!

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 03:50:48 AM »

Only the 296th best Zuma player in the world would be capable of such an eloquent laudatory salute to the greatest Xbox Live arcade game currently falling within the 800 Microsoft point range.  

Seriously, Rob, 296th is freakin' kick ass!

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 03:51:16 AM »

Puzzle arcade game?

I got bored with Zuma after about 2 hours - Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo?  Now that's the greatest puzzle arcade game ever.

TheMissingLink on PSN
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 04:08:16 AM »

Only 296th? Crap, I thought I was higher on the list. Looks like I better get back to work.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 06:14:33 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Puzzle arcade game?

I got bored with Zuma after about 2 hours - Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo?  Now that's the greatest puzzle arcade game ever.

I also find Zuma to be boring.  I'd love to see Super Puzzle Fighter 2 on XBLA.  It could happen since Capcom is putting Street Fighter 2 on there.  You know what I want on there?  BUBBLE BOBBLE!  The original arcade version with co-op play!  Maybe expanded to 4 player, that would be hectic, but a hell of a lot of fun.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 02:01:35 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"

*drools*

The fights my brother and I would have over this game, as we were so equally matched any round could go either way at any moment.

SPF2T most definitely is the best puzzle arcade game ever. Period.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 02:42:50 PM »

I play quite a bit of Madden, but rarely online. I only like to play online with people I know. I have NFS:MW but am pretty burned out on it right now, and I have yet to try it online. I will probably be playing much more online with some of the march releases (gr:aw anyone?)
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 03:28:09 PM »

I have played Gauntlet and DOA4 over Live.  I need to try out Joust online as well, since I have it.  None of the other games I have have any Live multi, just Leaderboards.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 03:56:33 PM »

Lets see if this works:
Rincewinde
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 04:16:40 PM »

Ok what am I doing wrong?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 04:27:12 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Ok what am I doing wrong?

you're copying HTML code instead of UBBcode.  here's what you need to do to make one that links to your Live! gamercard page...

Code:
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/Rincewinde][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/Rincewinde.jpg[/img][/url]

that will give you this...

if you want to link to your card from MyGamerCard.net, do the following...
Code:
[url=http://gamercard.xbox.com/Rincewinde.card][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/Rincewinde.jpg[/img][/url]

which comes out like this...

click both of the linked cards to see the difference Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 04:29:15 PM »

Thank you disarm! my hero as usual! smile Here we go, you missed an "e" on my gamertag smile

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 04:30:07 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Thank you disarm! my hero as usual! smile Here we go, you missed an "e" on my gamertag smile

just noticed the missing "e" myself and got it fixed in my post slywink

*Gamertag - disarm78*
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 05:32:56 PM »

Thanks for the tip on getting my card in here.  Here's mine:

And I'd have to agree with the Zuma addicts.  I don't know how many times I've sat down with the idea to play a dvd based game and jumped into Zuma for what I thought would be a few minutes.  A few hours later I'm still playing the darn thing.  I'm pretty addicted to the whole arcade thing in general.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 06:03:01 PM »

Apparently I only really play Hexic and Geometry Wars at this point...  Well, also playing Halo2 and Halflife 2, but those don't show up on the gamer tag...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006, 11:38:10 PM »

Just Marble Blast right now with my kids.  It turns out Marble Blast is a great game for a five year old, and amuses the two year old a lot.  I'm waiting for Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo from Gamefly.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2006, 02:41:30 AM »

I just finished Quake 4 - yay for me - I'm going to be starting Condemned next.  Then probably will play Kameo co-op at home at the same time, maybe, as playing PDZ co-op.  I'm really trying hard to complete a few games at a time, and not try to have 6 going at once!

A question on Zuma though, for the experts:  a friend is playing it and was going nuts trying to beat level 9 - finally beat the stage 9-5, and it said the stage was cleared, but then the next level that came up was level 4. Looking at the Achievement board, it shows level 9 as still locked - plus it shows another possible level after that (Secret Temple of Zuma, I think it was)...

Anyone know what happened - or how to get further?  :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2006, 05:46:25 AM »

Kameo's coop was done rather stupidly.  You have to unlock levels by playing them in single player, and you don't get all of the levels to unlock, just a select few.

I wanted to play Kameo through coop with my little sister but had to unlock the missions instead of just sitting down and having fun.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2006, 09:12:58 AM »

I keep jumping around between NFS:MW, Madden, COD2, DOA4, Kameo (coop *is* retarded), and Hardwood Spades.

Hurry up and release Fight Night....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
I just finished Quake 4 - yay for me - I'm going to be starting Condemned next.  Then probably will play Kameo co-op at home at the same time, maybe, as playing PDZ co-op.  I'm really trying hard to complete a few games at a time, and not try to have 6 going at once!

A question on Zuma though, for the experts:  a friend is playing it and was going nuts trying to beat level 9 - finally beat the stage 9-5, and it said the stage was cleared, but then the next level that came up was level 4. Looking at the Achievement board, it shows level 9 as still locked - plus it shows another possible level after that (Secret Temple of Zuma, I think it was)...

Anyone know what happened - or how to get further?  :?

I have made it TO level 9-5 but never past it.  I just got past level 8 last week so I haven't had much time to get through 9.  I would assume that there are seven stages in level 9 though since there are 7 in levels 7 and 8 and the number of stages go in threes (level 1, 2, 3 have 5 stages, 4, 5, 6 have 6 stages, 7, 8 and probably 9 have 7 stages)  If it jumped to level 4 after stage 9-5 then it was probably a glitch.  I'll let you know if/when I beat 9-5.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006, 06:20:31 PM »

Let's see.

I just finished Tony Hawk's American Wasteland story mode (well my son did anyway).  Now I have to work on classic mode.  I'm currently on the American campaigns in Call of Duty 2, working towards finishing up Kameo and continuing my season in NHL 2K6.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2006, 06:36:09 PM »

I am trying to beat CoD 2 on Veteran difficulty.

I finished it up to the first British section on Veteran so far. It is very time consuming.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2006, 06:46:12 PM »

Kameo's coop was done rather stupidly. You have to unlock levels by playing them in single player, and you don't get all of the levels to unlock, just a select few.
Yikes, Turtle (and Dimmona mentioned it too) - that IS really stupid.  If you got someone else to unlock the levels, so you wouldn't have to do it first, it would be more like a true co-op I guess. Hmmm... MasterMagic, have you unlocked all of Kameo yet, lol? I might be looking to steal a save from you!  'Course I'd still have to get a damn memory card, grrr...  :evil:

Markus - thanks!  I'll forward the info to the poor frustrated gamer, lol.  If it was a glitch - or some kind of weird operator error, yikes... I know someone who's head is going to - as we all love to say - asplode!  :shock:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2006, 07:55:01 PM »

I just honestly didn't care for Kameo either way. it was just missing something for me.
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2006, 09:05:26 PM »

i've finished Kameo, PDZ, and the Steel level of PGR3 so far.  i'm currently working my way through the hardcore stages of PGR3, as well as playing a lot of Jade Empire.  if they ever improve the emulation for Ninja Gaiden: Black, i plan on starting that one soon.

i'm loving my 360 so far...i think all the 360 games have been great, and i'm having fun catching up on a few older games that work with BC as well Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: