http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 12:49:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XBOX Kinect  (Read 32221 times)
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 08, 2011, 05:04:13 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 29, 2011, 12:45:40 AM

Fruit Ninja coming.

It's a fun game, but very light on substance.  Maybe XBLA?

Part of Summer of Arcade, so yes. This seems like the best reason I've heard to own Kinect.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 08, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »

I hope Zoom does what it claims to do well.  That would be a key upgrade, IMO.  However, I also wonder how it's going to make you look in games where they show your image (Dance Central, Your Shape, even Kinect Adventures and Sports).

I keep thinking about these Fun Labs, and I feel like the woman demoing the avatar deal should have spoken up when she heard the crowd enthusiasm, "No, oh, no, wait.  You're too excited.  This isn't for creating real Avatars, it's just for goofing around.  And this is a stage demo.  It's not going to look like this.  Sorry.  Sorry for getting your hopes up. Again. I'll just leave the stage.  Can we get some more fake children out here, please?"

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 30, 2011, 03:30:25 PM »

7 months or so later and I hereby nominate the Kinect as my most overrated gaming device of 2010.   icon_cry

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: June 30, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 30, 2011, 03:30:25 PM

7 months or so later and I hereby nominate the Kinect as my most overrated gaming device of 2010.   icon_cry

I'm still amazed that people ever believed that it would be otherwise.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 30, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »

Thank you for your opinion

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: June 30, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on June 30, 2011, 04:15:45 PM

Thank you for your opinion

No seriously! It's not something I just say. I've thought quite a lot about the potential uses of Kinect in gaming, and I'm still coming up short. Dance Central was a good example of how it could be used, but I've seen nothing else that has come anywhere close to that in gameplay.

There's tons of issues with it. The most obvious one is that you simply can't use it for traditional games in any way, shape or form. It won't let you control a shooter. It won't let you control a racing game (properly, that is). It won't let you play platformers. All it does is party games with limited input. Every time I mention these things, someone always brings up head tracking as if it's a trump card. Even that amazes me. If you use head tracking to, say, control where you look in a racing game, you'd have to turn your eyes in the opposite direction of where you'd move them in real life, removing any advantage and realism this was supposed to bring in the first place, and also making the whole thing awkward.

But Kinect isn't supposed to be used alone, some may say. I say bullshit! If you use the regular 360 controller with Kinect, which arm are you supposed to use? You have to awkwardly (that word seems to crop up a lot when talking about Kinect) let go of the controller while you do your hand movements, whatever they are. The 360 controller just isn't made for that kind of thing, and the result would be problematic for both hands. You'd end up relying on your feet (which means you'd have to move any furniture like tables out of the way) or your head (see above), neither of which would work particularly well. 

The Kinect might have been a PR success for Microsoft and an interesting experiment, but as a true gaming aid it's a colossal failure (so far at least. Who knows, there might be some obscure but brilliant trick to it that has yet to be revealed. I doubt it though).
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 30, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 30, 2011, 04:40:50 PM

Every time I mention these things, someone always brings up head tracking as if it's a trump card. Even that amazes me. If you use head tracking to, say, control where you look in a racing game, you'd have to turn your eyes in the opposite direction of where you'd move them in real life, removing any advantage and realism this was supposed to bring in the first place, and also making the whole thing awkward.

Huh eyes move opposite direction?  That doesn't make sense.  It's not awkward for anyone that uses Track-IR so why would it be awkward here?  The legitimate concern is how precise it would be compared to Track-IR.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: June 30, 2011, 04:58:01 PM »

Quote from: skystride on June 30, 2011, 04:52:43 PM

Every time I mention these things, someone always brings up head tracking as if it's a trump card. Even that amazes me. If you use head tracking to, say, control where you look in a racing game, you'd have to turn your eyes in the opposite direction of where you'd move them in real life, removing any advantage and realism this was supposed to bring in the first place, and also making the whole thing awkward.

Huh eyes move opposite direction?  That doesn't make sense.  It's not awkward for anyone that uses Track-IR so why would it be awkward here?  The legitimate concern is how precise it would be compared to Track-IR.

As an example: If you're trying to look left, you'll move your head in that direction, but in order to keep watching the screen you have to look towards the RIGHT with your eyes, even if it's ever so slightly.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 30, 2011, 05:11:03 PM »

voice commands for Netflix makes it easily worth it for me  Cabbage Patch

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: June 30, 2011, 05:18:24 PM »

Wait, have you read Ron's review of UFC trainer?

TiLT, I'm going to point something out here which may hurt your feelings. I hope it doesn't though, because I like you. You're declaring a new gaming shift as dead without it being out for more than a year and that's just about as closed-minded as it gets.

The PS1, PS2, and PS3 were all crap for the first year. XBOX was crap (aside from Halo) for at least that long. (sorry, Kabuki Warriors just didn't cut it MS). The 360, while having 18 launch titles, really didn't come into its own in the first year either which is why many people were lamenting the BC issue.

As far as my opinion is concerned, I have no interest in buying a Move. I know what a Wii game experience is, and the social aspect is the only thing that appeals. I've played it on a friends system, and given the technology has already been matured by their competitor, I expect that integration in games should be easier.

You say that there isn't any game types that fit though - anything done on the Wii can be done on Kinect, but there are different controls that need to be worked out to overcome the button dependancy. Anything. If you happen to have to hold your 360 controller in your right hand, or have it fit into a plastic housing to simulate a rifle etc, then so be it.

But with full body tracking and voice commands etc, the possibilities are endless and extend well beyond wand-waving tricks. Think of flight sims, or RTS games, or even TBS. You could effectively control everything with gestures tied to each hand...

Right hand as a fist with palm forwards grabs the map and moves it, while left hand interacts with your troops (circle around them to select them) use two fingers out to drag or point them to their destination.

Consider controlling a game like Black and White, Command and Conquer, Civilization or even games like Giants:Citizen Kabuto. Control the turning speed based on the degree your head is turned, use body position in relation to a central spot to determine directional motion.

Hell, Mech games would be perfect since they are lumbering behemoths.

Frankly, the canvas is blank right now from a control perspective, and the ingenuity is placed squarely on developers to come up with the best way to use the tech. Before Halos controls scheme for console shooters, PC gamers sneered at the prospect of consoles hosting shooter games.

At this point, the Kinect is in that same boat. If that means that they need a wheel, a gun / rifle, then do it - a $20 accessory to allow me to immerse myself in the gameplay experience is a fantastic thing.

I can see many ways of getting an FPS involved at that level. Consider "grabbing" a flashbang off your chest and throwing into a room in the next Rainbow Six game, and being able to take aim, and order your team around with hand gestures (just like they do in real life).

I just think that right now, developers are working on how to provide the most natural method of control that works with the most people. It takes one game, ONE game, that does control right.

If Dance Central wasn't there, then the whole Kinect would have been panned from the outset, right? I hope you see my point.

Lastly, Big N chose the Wii to bring simple games to new gamers - the mass populace. The Kinect is doing the same thing, but at a simpler level. If they can put up a decent stable of games that are relevant over the next 6-18 months, then I'll be happy. I'm just a little underwhelmed with what was shown. They talked about another Steel Battalion game - did I miss it in the lineup? (truth be told, I've been very busy with non-GT stuff, and E3 has passed me by).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: June 30, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 30, 2011, 04:58:01 PM

As an example: If you're trying to look left, you'll move your head in that direction, but in order to keep watching the screen you have to look towards the RIGHT with your eyes, even if it's ever so slightly.

TiLT, I've been thinking about that very challenge myself, and here's what I've come up with.

When you ride a bicycle or drive a car, you naturally look 15 seconds ahead of where you are. I get what you're saying where if you turn your head, your point of view is altered and requires you to adjust your eyes to compensate (since we don't have 360deg televisions), but we're also talking about a team that is meticulous in execution (the Forza team). I'd expect MS not to announce a wheel addon and then not have the "natural feel" going on in their game.

Perhaps turning head left and watching left side of screen centers the view, or perhaps leaning allows you to look around the blind spots (in-car camera).

Looking slightly down could bring up your dash values rather than having to look to the outer edges of your HUD for that same info.

We don't know, and won't until it comes out. I suspect that the controls aspect of Kinect will be closely guarded by developers and publishers until the products are ready to hit the market.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 30, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »

It's very natural when doing it using Track-IR.  Ask anyone who uses it with racing/fligh-sim games.  I've also tried it in FPS like ArmA and The Hunter and it's very immersive.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 30, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 30, 2011, 04:07:05 PM

Quote from: hepcat on June 30, 2011, 03:30:25 PM

I'm still amazed that people ever believed that it would be otherwise.

When I say most overrated, it's because of the library of games (or lack thereof), not because of the technology.  Kinect still has the potential to be very, very cool in my book.  It's just that the games so far have failed to pique my interest in the slightest.  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:01:11 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 30, 2011, 07:45:06 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 30, 2011, 06:58:24 PM

When I say most overrated, it's because of the library of games (or lack thereof), not because of the technology.  Kinect still has the potential to be very, very cool in my book.  It's just that the games so far have failed to pique my interest in the slightest.  

I felt the same way until Child of Eden, now I want to get one.  I will also say that the Seasame Street game due out this fall looks pretty interesting. 

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: July 01, 2011, 01:03:29 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 30, 2011, 05:11:03 PM

I actually hate the voice commands in movies and wish I could turn them off.  It seems almost every time I'm watching a Zune movie at some point the sound from the movie itself ends up activating the fast forward command or something, meaning I have to quickly power on my controller and then try to rewind back to the point I was at before.  So annoying and disruptive to the movie watching experience.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 01, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on July 01, 2011, 01:03:29 AM

I actually hate the voice commands in movies and wish I could turn them off.  It seems almost every time I'm watching a Zune movie at some point the sound from the movie itself ends up activating the fast forward command or something, meaning I have to quickly power on my controller and then try to rewind back to the point I was at before.  So annoying and disruptive to the movie watching experience.

really?  with Netflix you have to say 'Xbox' and then the command, so no accidental triggering.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #696 on: July 01, 2011, 03:41:31 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 01, 2011, 03:30:03 AM

really?  with Netflix you have to say 'Xbox' and then the command, so no accidental triggering.

Yeah, it's supposed to be the same thing for Zune movies, but for whatever reason it seems to happen at least once a movie for me.  And if I rewind and play the exact same scene over it will happen again, so I have to either lower the volume or do some magical pausing to break up what I assume is the phrase that is triggering it.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:20 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on July 01, 2011, 03:41:31 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on July 01, 2011, 03:30:03 AM

Yeah, it's supposed to be the same thing for Zune movies, but for whatever reason it seems to happen at least once a movie for me.  And if I rewind and play the exact same scene over it will happen again, so I have to either lower the volume or do some magical pausing to break up what I assume is the phrase that is triggering it.

You should stop watching the Sex Box porn series.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 01, 2011, 12:04:35 PM »

Quote from: Purge on June 30, 2011, 05:18:24 PM

You say that there isn't any game types that fit though - anything done on the Wii can be done on Kinect, but there are different controls that need to be worked out to overcome the button dependancy. Anything. If you happen to have to hold your 360 controller in your right hand, or have it fit into a plastic housing to simulate a rifle etc, then so be it.

But with full body tracking and voice commands etc, the possibilities are endless and extend well beyond wand-waving tricks. Think of flight sims, or RTS games, or even TBS. You could effectively control everything with gestures tied to each hand...

Right hand as a fist with palm forwards grabs the map and moves it, while left hand interacts with your troops (circle around them to select them) use two fingers out to drag or point them to their destination.

Yup, I've been thinking along the same lines about how Kinect can be used in games. Some thoughts:

1. A Civil War (or Napoleonic War) RTS but from first person. You're the general on his horse and the only thing you can tell about the battle is what you see and what your sub commanders tell you. Dispatches will arrive from your division commanders and pop up an RTS map to show you the current situation. You send orders by commanding with hand gestures on the map and with voice. Ie, select a unit and say "attack here" or "move here" as you use your hand to move the pointer across the map. Control your horse to move up a hill to see better, move your hands to your eyes to simulate binoculars, etc.

2. A Star Trek Bridge Commander game but with RTS and/or FPS elements. One the bridge you can give orders via voice and/or maneuver and fire weapons with your hands (simulating manipulating a bridge console). You can call up a map to give orders, RTS style, to other ships under your command. And if you get boarded, get to the turbolift, say the destination, and repel them with phasers (using your hands, naturally).

3. A steampunk tank game where you control the tank via levers, one lever each for the left, right track. So both hands out to go forwards, left hand out, right hand back to turn right, etc. Make cranking motions horizontally to turn the turret left,right, cranking motion vertically to move the turret up and down. Single player would have you being the gunner/commander and giving voice commands to the driver. Two player coop split screen would have one person be the driver, and he can scan left/right and the other person can be the gunner/commander.

Both the one and two player option can have them with head out of the hatch, scanning for targets (using head tracking).

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 01, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »

Quote from: skystride on June 30, 2011, 05:53:37 PM

It's very natural when doing it using Track-IR.  Ask anyone who uses it with racing/fligh-sim games.  I've also tried it in FPS like ArmA and The Hunter and it's very immersive.

Yes, the head tracking technology, its feasibility, and usefulness has already been proven in the PC arena. In fact, I'm sure that's why they decided to put it in for Kinect, because they saw how Track-IR was being used to enhance racing/flight-sim games on the PC and thought it would be a no-brainer for console racing/flight-sim.

Kinda cracks me up when I see Kinect head-tracking demos on youtube and the console fans are like "Whaaaaa? That's not ever going to work" and the PC guys are like "We've been doing it for years already with Track-IR. It works."

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 01, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »

Having an xbox remote would probably help you both. Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 01, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 01, 2011, 12:13:36 PM

I have one, but voice commands work perfectly for me and it kinda makes me feel like Batman when I use them biggrin

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: July 01, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »

A remote wouldn't prevent Kinect from doing stupid shit while I'm watching a movie.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 01, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on July 01, 2011, 10:42:13 PM

A remote wouldn't prevent Kinect from doing stupid shit while I'm watching a movie.

maybe you could throw the remote at it.....

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 07, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »

the Nyko Zoom

* Up to 40 percent reduction in space needed to play Compatible with all Kinect software
    * Play with 1 or 2 players in a smaller space
    * Easily clips over the Kinect Sensor - no modification or complex installation needed
    * Plug and play - no tuning, software or adjustment needed
    * Seamlessly blends in with the look of the Kinect Sensor

Product Description
Decrease the space needed to play your favorite Kinect games with Nyko's Zoom for Kinect. The Zoom reduces the play range required to enjoy Kinect software by up to 40 percent, allowing you to play closer to your TV. Zoom's wide angle lens also enables two people to play in an area normally only suitable for a single player making it ideal for those in smaller apartments or dorm rooms. Specially designed optical lenses fit over the Kinect sensor and clip into place making set up a breeze with nothing to plug in. No additional software or calibration is required. The design of the Zoom blends seamlessly with the look and feel of the Kinect. The Zoom opens up a whole new world of Kinect play to those who previously lacked the space required to fully enjoy it.

if this really works it could be very cool.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: August 07, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »

We were talking about that months ago (scroll down a little).  You got me excited, I thought you had a review.

As I said, I'd be very interested if it works and doesn't distort you too much.  I need to see a review first, though.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 07, 2011, 06:44:28 PM »

I really hope that works. 
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #707 on: August 10, 2011, 01:55:51 AM »

I need child of Eden

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: August 10, 2011, 02:32:20 AM »

Quote from: HankRaptor on August 10, 2011, 01:55:51 AM

I need child of Eden

I thought the protection order kept you from *any* children.

slywink

Also, I've played it. It's not a bad game, but it's not a great game either.

It's kinda like ... Panzer Dragoon Orta without cool dragons. Also with F^%&ing brick walls that you have to break or you die. Fast.

HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #709 on: August 11, 2011, 12:32:03 PM »

No proof. The protection order was dropped.

So its not great eh? I will wait then to pick it up for 25.00 or something. I just see no other kinect games that i want....

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: August 11, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »

Yeah, get it when it's dropped in price.

Fruit Ninja comes out today. Fun little distraction.

The Gunstringer is likely going to be great, and hopefully we'll see one or two gems this holiday season. Remember that this is year one, so I wouldn't expect the world from it just yet - as I've stated in other threads, the big challenge is creating a control scheme that "clicks" with gamers, much like FPS's were horrid on consoles until Halo:Combat Evolved refined it.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: August 11, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »

Also, no proof? protection order? What are you DOING with your Kinect? biggrin

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 11, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »

I was optimistic about fruit ninja for the kinect, my kids and I play it on the iphone.  Something is off with the feedback or responsiveness though.  It's possible that our calibrations are not where they need to be.  It was hard to line up even the simplist of slashes at times, not to mention the more complex ones trying to avoid bombs.  If kid interest any judge of the kinect version, my kids gave up after awhile and went back to my iphone.

Wii resort does a better job of approximating 1:1 sword work. 
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: August 11, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »

My kids wanted to play this a lot yesterday and especially my son.  Of course, he's three and his playing looked more like a standing grand moll seizure  (sp?), but he was fun to watch. The daughter ranked it higher as she "doesn't like bombs".

Had no issues with recognition once I re calibrated the sensor to their height.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 14, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 07, 2011, 06:34:13 PM

We were talking about that months ago (scroll down a little).  You got me excited, I thought you had a review.

As I said, I'd be very interested if it works and doesn't distort you too much.  I need to see a review first, though.

it's out, and  buyer reviews on Amazon seem decent.  I may stop at GS on the way home to see if they have it, but I don't think I have any Kinect enabled games right now so I may have to grab one too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:04:25 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #715 on: September 14, 2011, 04:06:45 PM »

There is apparently also the "MagniEye".

Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 14, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »

I ordered the Nyko Zoom and it's on its way. When I get it and try it out, I'll post my review.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 14, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on September 14, 2011, 05:32:30 PM

I ordered the Nyko Zoom and it's on its way. When I get it and try it out, I'll post my review.

I'm very interested to hear how it works for you.  Without redecorating, my Kinect can't see my feet.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 14, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »

Should be interesting. The Amazon reviews of the thing are all over the place. Seems that when it works, it pretty much works perfectly but when it doesn't, it's a horrible epic failure. The common symptom of the failures is that it does not detect the movement close to the floor properly. My guess is that the zooming effect creates a fish-eye view around the edges of the viewable area and if the floor was already at the edge of the detectable area without the Zoom connected, then that area is totally distorted with the Zoom attached. I would think something like that could be fixed by readjusting the location of the Kinect itself, but it doesn't sound like any of the people who posted negative reviews went down that road.

My Kinect sensor is mounted up on a wall at about the highest distance allowed according to the instructions so it'll be a good test of whether or not the Zoom will work in my living room. When I stand, I am within the viewable range in the front, but I cannot back up far enough for the rear calibration to be successful. I have to actually sit on my sofa and lean back for that to work. Most games work, but only when I stand. My 7 year old can't play anything reliably since she is a lot shorter than me.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 14, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »

Picked up The Gunstringer yesterday along with the free Fruit Ninja code.  For a discounted game, this one's a total winner.  The art style and narration are fantastic, the action and gameplay is actually more varied and more difficult than I expected, and the stage play presentation is just genius.  

I was a little disheartened that the entire game is only 4-5 hours, but it turns out I can only play about 30 minutes at a time.  Holding both arms up, aiming and shooting for 30 minutes is tough!  My shoulders were burning last night.

XBox Live:  JNacht
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: