http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 11:51:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 will help pc gaming  (Read 1004 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2005, 08:54:13 PM »

Least i feel like it will since I just read the prices of it.

$299 for a 360....$399 if you want it to have a hard drive. Then the stores are going crazy coming up with bundles for it..some $1000+ and one at Gamestop is $2000 because it includes 20 games.

Ill be sticking with my pc thnx.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 10:04:19 PM »

On the other hand, I have an HDTV.  I could set up a new rig (PC) for around $1000.00 or I could spend $500.00 on an Xbox w/drive and a couple games.  I could play them on my big TV rather than my 15' monitor.  I suppose I could pay $400-800 bucks for a decent monitor but that just moves up the price of PC gaming for me.  I don't plan on buying an Xbox 360 until a price drop comes or at least until I see where the PS3 is going, but I can see a lot of people paying for an Xbox rather than a big $ PC.  (Not to mention patches, incompatibility issues (See Civ 4 and AMD) and other associated PC issues)
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 11:03:10 PM »

Yeah I forgot to add another $1000 for a HDTV.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »

LOL.

The problem Daehawk, is that while I really want to upgrade my video card for instance, I also want a 360. For the price of 400ish dollars, I can get an awesome 7800GTX. I can also get an entire gaming console for the same price. Its really really tough for me to decide between them, but its almost like I get one computer part or a whole new system to play games. Think about it like that too.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 03:26:54 PM »

Having the HDTV and a comfortable couch, I'm psyched to have the wireless controller and a new shiny console.

The thought of having to keep upgrading my 2 year old PC to play the latest and greatest games with a keyboard/mouse combination?  Not for me, thanks.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 12:27:23 AM »

First time ever I've considered giving up the PC gaming habit...
I have a strong feeling that early in the new year I'll be a console gamer for the first time and a PC gamer for the last.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 12:37:37 AM »

For someone like me, no HDTV any time soon, even the new consoles hold no attraction.

I like to tinker with my games as much as play them. You know- make maps for them, make skins, import custom models and other mods the community generates, stuff like that.  That works a whole lot better on a computer.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 10:28:20 PM »

Not this again :roll: ... :wink: .

I see both sides. I have a p4 3.0 ghz, 6800 gt 256mb card, 1 gb ddr etc. It runs everything really good still, to my suprise. But when it starts to fall further behind the tech curve, that`s when the 360 will strike! :wink: For the price I paid for this video card ($399.99, last year) you can get a entire console! I`m gonna try and get in a cycle of playing console games when they are newer and my pc isn`t, then when the console shows it`s age buy a monster PC! I simply can`t keep both going ALL of the time anymore. Too much money, time and effort for me anymore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: