http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 06:37:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 to launch on November 4th at $299.99 per Wal-Mart  (Read 10200 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2005, 11:25:41 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Quote from: "Purge"
I also hope I can use my existing FFXI character in the X360 version, but I don't know if they're just going to have a dedicated server or how the keyboard / voice-comm is going to work ...  confused

Do the PC and PS2 versions run on seperate servers?

I can answer this one, as I'm a FFXI veteran.

Chronologically here are the releases:

PS2 Japan
PC North America ( / Japan I believe)
PS2 North America
Xbox360 (worldwide??)

The first three are all on the same servers. Trust me, there was tons of bitching when the N/A PS2 gamers hopped on board. PC gamers are whiners. (I am more tolerant than some; I was happy to have consolers join our Linkshell).

As to the pic above, DAMN that's gonna look hot in my livingroom.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2005, 06:42:58 AM »

Ridge Racer 6 has been added as a launch game this week.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
ohbalto
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2005, 07:28:49 PM »

I don't know if this makes me lucky or not, but my X-Box (which I got at launch) seems to be dying over here.  Rather than replace it with a new X-Box, I'm just going to upgrade.

Launch titles always seem to suck.  Oblivion would be nice if there was any possibility the console players could apply the PC mods (read: not likely).  Without the mods, which really breathed several degrees of new life into Morrowind, I'm afraid that's a PC game for me.

::sigh::

Plus, I just *love* upgrading . . .
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2005, 09:49:25 PM »

ohbalto -

Not lucky - if it doesn't last until November lol!  But you can still sell it for a fair amount on eBay, unless it has a Thompson drive... then, not so much.  :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2005, 12:29:26 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
ohbalto -

Not lucky - if it doesn't last until November lol!  But you can still sell it for a fair amount on eBay, unless it has a Thompson drive... then, not so much.  :?

Actually I heard the new X-Box 360's are programmed to kill their bretheren and any competition they may encounter in your home......

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2005, 01:04:30 AM »

Actually I heard the new X-Box 360's are programmed to kill their bretheren and any competition they may encounter in your home......

Noooooo......

Not that I'd put it past Bill, lol.  But I'd be in big trouble if that were true - if you ever verify it, CeeKay, let me know before Nov. 4 - I'll have a mess of selling to do on eBay!  :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2005, 11:28:47 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
But I'd be in big trouble if that were true - if you ever verify it, CeeKay, let me know before Nov. 4 - I'll have a mess of selling to do on eBay!  :lol:

Your Turbo Duo is toast, hon. Oh, and your 1989 Sony Microwave is going to need some replacing. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2005, 11:54:13 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I'm going to walk into my favorite gaming store on November 4th..............

and I'm going to plunk down 20 bucks for a Revolution or PS3 preorder.  VIVA LA REVOLUTION!  VIVA LA ONLINE SMASH BROS.!!

:shock:

Well, all I can't say is....I'm sorry.

360 = meh.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nick Bean
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2005, 01:16:56 PM »

For all the Microsoft haters I ask two questions:

1) How has it been watching Nintendo decline for the last ten years?

2) After all the promises of the PS2 launch, how can you ever believe anything Sony says?

Now a question for everyone that thinks Xbox 360 will be released on Nov 4th:

How could you believe a release date from Walmart when they never get games (or systems) on the first day they are released?

I think that Nov 9th, (aka Halo 2 day) will be it.  I don't have any inside information, just a hunch.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2005, 01:20:49 PM »

Quote from: "Nick Bean"

2) After all the promises of the PS2 launch, how can you ever believe anything Sony says?

How could you believe a release date from Walmart when they never get games (or systems) on the first day they are released?

I think that Nov 9th, (aka Halo 2 day) will be it.  I don't have any inside information, just a hunch.

I think there's a big difference between "microsoft haters" and "not remotely interested in even a single X-Box 360 launch title".  Just like the PSP, I think the 360 has great potential, but until they release some games that I'm interested in, I could care less about it.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Nick Bean
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2005, 01:28:43 PM »

I am actually really excited about quite a few of 360's launch titles. I think that PDZ and Kameo are really ambitious, with any luck they will both be great. Oblivion already has my vote for game of forever. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a game. There should also be solid sports titles at launch. It's funny, the only thing that really worries me about 360 is the market place. I hope that developers don't alienate gamers by trying to rip them off after every release.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2005, 01:34:36 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
I think there's a big difference between "microsoft haters" and "not remotely interested in even a single X-Box 360 launch title".  Just like the PSP, I think the 360 has great potential, but until they release some games that I'm interested in, I could care less about it.

Or, you might just mean you *couldn't care less*. slywink I see enough promising titles, and since the ex-box is going to the ex-wife I need a replacement. With games like PGR3 and Ghost Recon, I can see myself satisfied for quite some time. With any luck, the Fable(d) best RPG ever may actually LOAD faster on the 360.

And once again, I'd REALLY LIKE A CRIMSON SKIES SURPRISE LAUNCH TITLE, MS!!!

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2005, 02:04:58 PM »

Sorry, I didn't read through the whole thread, but:

Do you think that the 360 will follow the same pricing point decline as the Xbox?  By that I mean, since the system comes out Holiday 2005 that in 2007 it'll be 199.00?  That's my magic number if I get this console at all.

Or is it all relative to competition, success of sony/nintendo, etc.?

Additionaly, do you think there will be a price drop to take the steam out of the ps3 and nintendo releases?
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2005, 03:10:08 PM »

Decline?  Nintendo actually makes money off their system.  They were constantly profiting while MS and Sony were losing money trying to push more units.

Nintendo finally has competition and I think they now realize that they aren't the king anymore.  I can't wait to see how they respond with the Revolution.

BTW, Kameo is going to suck ass.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2005, 03:33:15 PM »

You are way wrong about system launches.  Walmart (and most of the big box stores) don't typically have games the day of release because they won't spring for overnight shipping.  With system launches, however, the consoles start shipping much earlier than the night before released and are kept off the floor until street date.  It's an incredibly safe bet that Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc will all have 360s on the very first day of release.
hornysax
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2005, 04:16:57 PM »

Decline?  Nintendo actually makes money off their system.  They were constantly profiting while MS and Sony were losing money trying to push more units.

Nintendo finally has competition and I think they now realize that they aren't the king anymore.  I can't wait to see how they respond with the Revolution.

BTW, Kameo is going to suck ass.

Yeah, missing link is right. It's really not fair, because Sony and MS have lots of money to throw away -- they lose money with every console they sell. Of course they still profit from selling games on a 5-year life cycle. Nintendo, on the other hand, profits from selling consoles, as well as games. I had heard that of the three companies, Nintendo generates the most net revenue of the three.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2005, 06:38:38 PM »

and I'm going to plunk down 20 bucks for a Revolution or PS3 preorder.  VIVA LA REVOLUTION!  VIVA LA ONLINE SMASH BROS.!!

360 = meh.

Gamecube and Revolution = *snore*

Nintendo has been a complete failure unless you are a gamer under 13 years of age, or a rabid Nintendo fanboy that refuses to let go of the past.

I used to love Nintendo, but they have been falling way behind ever since the N64 and their stupid decision to use carts, instead of CD's. Now in the latest EGM they say that nobody will be playing the Revolution on an HDTV so they will only be supporting 480p.

What are they thinking? HDTV is the wave of the future and both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are going to be having it on all their games. Another great decision from the minds that brought you the stupid mini-dvd thing for the Gamecube.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2005, 07:13:36 PM »

Nintendo has been a complete failure unless you are a gamer under 13 years of age, or a rabid Nintendo fanboy that refuses to let go of the past.

Do you actively try to be obnoxious or does it just come naturally?

Where do I fit?  I'm 30 years old and hardly a "rabid Nintendo fanboy that refuses to let go of the past" considering I have only owned a NES and  Gamecube during their lifetimes.  Yet I don't find the Gamecube a failure at all and have played and enjoyed more than enough games to have justified its purchase.
Nick Bean
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2005, 07:20:48 PM »

Kevin you sound a little rabid to me... Gamecube has some really quality titles, but no more than you can count on your fingers. If you were to take the percentage of crap that each of the three companies shovel on to gamers, Nintendo's would be the highest. Nintendo is filled with innovation though. If Sega was still in the Mix, I wish Nintendo would stick to developing games only. If they spent all their time developing games we would be playing games in ways that we never thought possible.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2005, 07:31:07 PM »

Kevin you sound a little rabid to me... Gamecube has some really quality titles, but no more than you can count on your fingers.

How am I rabid?  Because I don't like Hetz trying to categorize anyone who thinks their Gamecube is anything other than a complete failure as a child or irrational fanboy?  Give me a break.

And even if Gamecube has no more quality titles than you can count on your fingers (which I don't agree with) that would still be 10 unique games, which more than justifies the $200 I spent on it.  

And you're Console Gold Staff?  Shouldn't a staff member of a site dedicated to all consoles be a little more objective?
Nick Bean
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2005, 08:00:29 PM »

The Rabid thing was a joke. As far as being objective is concerned, I initially look at all games the same way. But my opinion is influenced by the quality of the games. Gamecube's best games stand with the best of any console, but even i am not infallible and have opinions. I can't help that Nintendo is slow with good games, that Sony lies, or the Microsoft is bailing on a platform that still has a lot of life in it.
  All systems have their faults. Nintendo's happens to be that they don't release the same amount of quality games that Sony and Microsoft do. Like I said though, Nintendo is a company full of innovation, as a gamer I would like to see them focus on that.

Just so you know I own a all three systems, (purchased with my own money) and Resident Evil 4, and The Windwaker alone are worth the price tag of a cube. But I regress, have a nice day.

Edit: I am also a Beth fanboy. I can't help it, it just feels like they made the TES series just for me.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2005, 08:00:31 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Do you actively try to be obnoxious or does it just come naturally?

Where do I fit?  I'm 30 years old and hardly a "rabid Nintendo fanboy that refuses to let go of the past" considering I have only owned a NES and  Gamecube during their lifetimes.  Yet I don't find the Gamecube a failure at all and have played and enjoyed more than enough games to have justified its purchase.

It's called an opinion. I have mine, you have yours.

Nintendo has really let me down with the Gamecube. Personally, I think that anyone that doesn't think that must be living with blinders on (ie. a fanboy).

I don't see why you are taking such offense to this anyway. People call me a rabid fanboy for Oblivion but I don't get all in a huff about it. I just smile and agree with them. It's ok to be a fanboy.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2005, 08:02:34 PM »

I don't see why you are taking such offense to this anyway. People call me a rabid fanboy for Oblivion but I don't get all in a huff about it. I just smile and agree with them. It's ok to be a fanboy.

How am I a fanboy again?  Please explain with more than "because you like the Gamecube."
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2005, 08:06:55 PM »

Primarily because of their *handheld* division.  If you're going to count that as a source of income, you have to count MS and Sony's income outside of home consoles as well.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2005, 08:08:51 PM »

You are way wrong about system launches.  Walmart (and most of the big box stores) don't typically have games the day of release because they won't spring for overnight shipping.  With system launches, however, the consoles start shipping much earlier than the night before released and are kept off the floor until street date.  It's an incredibly safe bet that Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc will all have 360s on the very first day of release.

I can also tell you from experience that the launch titles (or at least some of them) will also ship to stores before the release date, so that they can have them on the floor that morning.  It happened with the PSP and DS...
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2005, 08:40:06 PM »

It's only a matter of time before any Xbox-related thread devolves into "Nintendo is teh suck and teh doomed!" And now were already at the "Nintendo games are crap and I wish they made them for other platforms" stage.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Nick Bean
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2005, 09:13:09 PM »

Technically I think that we are at the "Nintendo doesn't put out enough good games stage". I will never say they suck, Nintendo was my first console and I will support for their system until one of us goes broke, just like I did Sega.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2005, 10:51:44 PM »

How am I a fanboy again?  Please explain with more than "because you like the Gamecube."

Just how upset you are getting about people saying they are upset with how Nintendo has been rather dissapointing with the Gamecube.

Also, anyone that gets this upset with being called a fanboy, is usually a fanboy.

I think the main problem is Nintendo is stuck in the past, refusing to go forward on each system (ie. Carts vs CD's, mini-dvd's vs DVD, 480p vs 720p or 1080i). They have lost lots of third party support because of it. Yes, they have good to great first party stuff...but that can only take you so far....as they are finding out with the 3rd place finish of the Gamecube.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2005, 11:30:31 PM »

360 = meh.

Gamecube and Revolution = *snore*

I used to love Nintendo, but they have been falling way behind ever since the N64 and their stupid decision to use carts, instead of CD's. Now in the latest EGM they say that nobody will be playing the Revolution on an HDTV so they will only be supporting 480p.

What are they thinking? HDTV is the wave of the future and both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are going to be having it on all their games. Another great decision from the minds that brought you the stupid mini-dvd thing for the Gamecube.

A couple of points:

1.) The "stupid" mini-dvd helps make the system small, it makes it easy to transport (handle) and that's what Nintendo is going for.  Other than for playing dvds, wtf is the point of having normal dvds?  (everybody has a dvd player, ffs)  I can take mine (and do, pretty much) anywhere...I have to get a huge bag for my other consoles.  PLUS, the 'Cube is the best "party" console and having it smaller and easier to transport makes it that much better for that niche.

2.) Whoever brings up the fact that only children like the 'Cube or that it's "kiddie" is a moron.  I don't even need to list the mature-rated games like eeeevvverrryyybody does to idiots who try to bash the 'Cube that way.

TheMissingLink on PSN
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2005, 11:39:52 PM »

Also, anyone that gets this upset with being called a fanboy, is usually a fanboy.

When "fanboy" is used as a perjorative term, why shouldn't he take offense? Maybe in the Oblivion nerdworld, "fanboy" is a term of endearment and you wear it proudly, but in this corner of geekdom, you're essentially calling him an immature asshole.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2005, 11:59:39 PM »

Thank you, adamsappel.  Hetz, you may wear badge of Oblivion fanboy with pride but as far as I'm concerned being called a "fanboy" is as direct an insult as anything in the Code of Conduct.  

You have your opinion on Nintendo's games, hardware, and company policies and they all merit discussion.  That doesn't give you the right to insult those of us on this forum who might differ in these opinions as either kiddie or a "rabid Nintendo fanboy that refuses to let go of the past" (and if you don't think that phrase is insulting what the hell is wrong with you ?).

The reason I take issue with this is this kind of rhetoric is only going to get worse as we get closer to the launch of the next-gen systems.  I remember how heated things were in the fall of 2001 at Gone Gold before the Xbox and Cube launched and I don't really want to read that crap again.  If the mods are going to allow this kind of crap to go through then this will likely be a forum I won't want to frequent as much in the coming year.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2005, 12:02:06 AM »

Not an MS hater.  Love what they've managed to do with the Xbox so far.  Except the Thompson drive.  Live is awesome.  "have your girlfriend make shirts to sell THAW gamers" = stupid.  Live Arcade is a great idea with an idiotic price point.  thank God for the HDD, if for no other reason than saving games on something besides an undersized $25 mem card.  ripping music is nice.  hope the 360 controller makes up for the lack of quality wireless controller on the original.

1) must treat 3rd party devs like garbage to have slipped to third.  love the GBA!  recycle, recycle, recycle (can't blame 'em, but spice it up...wait, Capcom tried and that didn't exactly set the world on fire).  despite the DS gimmick, devs are finding ways to use it and supporting the device.  GB Micro looks neat but will probably cost too much.

2) don't believe it until I can actually do it in my living room.  too many empty promises.  online is functional but that's about it.  might have wanted to get the PSP dev kits out a little earlier.  excellent 3rd party support. wtf happened to the HDD?  hate UMD.  do love hearing Ken K. yap.

3) whenever it's released.  no rush.  "November" sounds pretty solid.  hope it's not Black Friday!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
warning

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2005, 01:15:18 AM »

A couple of points:

1.) The "stupid" mini-dvd helps make the system small, it makes it easy to transport (handle) and that's what Nintendo is going for.

Well and don't forget the mini-DVD makes it very hard for pirates.  Not so with the Xbox and PS2.

The reason I take issue with this is this kind of rhetoric is only going to get worse as we get closer to the launch of the next-gen systems.  I remember how heated things were in the fall of 2001 at Gone Gold before the Xbox and Cube launched and I don't really want to read that crap again.  If the mods are going to allow this kind of crap to go through then this will likely be a forum I won't want to frequent as much in the coming year.

Bickering and bitching about systems is part and parcel of each launch.  It'd be like E3 without booth babes.  It'd be like dbt without his shotgun.  It's just a fact that people love games.  Love them passionately sometimes and feel the need to defend their honor like they're Maid Marian or something.

That said, personal insults won't be tolerated.  If you want to call my DS a piece of crap you're welcome to.  Your forum account *may* suffer from a little "accident" however...  Cool

And for the record I have a PS2, Gamecube and DS.  I have owned a Genesis and Dreamcast and will probably buy an Xbox 360 and the Revolution.  And I play PC games heavily.  I'm quite polygamous and will insult everybody equally.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2005, 01:18:10 AM »

I'd have to say I fall in between Hetz and Kevin Grey, the Cube was dissapointing but not because of what they did do, but because of what was promised and ultimately failed to be delivered. Not a major dissapointment, and I still found more engaging games on it than any other system.

And yes Hetz, you do fall on those familiar words too often, even if you're not trying to be deragatory they are. Not like I can speak too much, because I've thrown them around too, just not in a long while.

The 360 looks like it's got all of it's bases covered, but I've made a clear choice to never buy at launch or in the launch window ever. I'll wait a year or two and catch up on the backlog and then consider next-gen. Microsoft looks very poised to do great things, but I really think they could still flop. I'm also still not happy with shortening their console's lifespan to 4 years. I stopped playing PC games to get out of the continual upgrade cycle, and I don't want to see consoles head down that slippery slope either.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2005, 02:46:48 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
I'd have to say I fall in between Hetz and Kevin Grey, the Cube was dissapointing but not because of what they did do, but because of what was promised and ultimately failed to be delivered. Not a major dissapointment, and I still found more engaging games on it than any other system.

I can't help but wonder if we will be saying the same thing about the PS3.  I'm sure it will be successful, but Sony is basically promising the moon with this thing (even more than with the PS2) and it's going to be interesting to see if they can pull it off.  The PS1 far exceeded expectations as it faced off against the Nintendo juggernaut.  The PS2 has been an amazing system despite its weaknesses.  No way can the PS2 be considered a failure, but some of the forgotten promises are dissapointing.  We'll see if this continues with the PS3 (maybe it already is with some of the things being removed from the hardware, even at this early stage).

The limited backwards compatibility crap with the 360 has already dissapointed me.  Stupid non-gamer functions in a game machine is another head-scratcher (why not just buy a cheap PC?).  Whatever.

Maybe we should just stop buying into the hype and meet it all with a critical eye.  The PS3 hype is insane.  The 360 hype is practically underwhelming beyond the neato dashboard and white plastic considering the number of questions remaining considering the system might be three months away (I'm sure it will ramp up to PS3 insanity levels soon enough), and the Revolution might as well be a wish list written by Wario himself.

Based on my own views above, the PS3 currently has the biggest chance of being a dissapointment.  It's almost like we are resigned to the ho-hum 360 titles due out at launch (excluding Oblivion which many are getting for PC).  Hard to be dissapointed when your not really thrilled to begin with.  Now how's that for an interesting PR angle.  Set the bar low and blow us out of the water?  I wouldn't complain.

I don't even know what the hell I am talking about here...  Ramble on!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2005, 02:46:56 AM »

Thank you, adamsappel.  Hetz, you may wear badge of Oblivion fanboy with pride but as far as I'm concerned being called a "fanboy" is as direct an insult as anything in the Code of Conduct.  

You have your opinion on Nintendo's games, hardware, and company policies and they all merit discussion.  That doesn't give you the right to insult those of us on this forum who might differ in these opinions as either kiddie or a "rabid Nintendo fanboy that refuses to let go of the past" (and if you don't think that phrase is insulting what the hell is wrong with you ?).

Hey, I didn't start the Revolution talk, someone else (TheMissingLink)brought that into the discussion by saying he would be putting a deposit on the Revolution the day the Xbox 360 came out. Yes, I took the bait.

Take the Revolution crap to a REVOLUTION thread and you won't get pounced on. What the hell did you expect? This is a thread about the Xbox 360 and it's launch not "VIVA LA SMASH BROS!!>!>/...blah blah blah"

depward

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2005, 03:06:19 AM »

Here's a post about the Xbox360 - I'm not going to get one.  I would rather use my money on a Revolution or PS3 and not on that garbage.  I've been let down with the Xbox on so many levels.  And I see no launch games that look even rentable.

Xbox 360 = teh suck.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2005, 03:33:16 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
Here's a post about the Xbox360 - I'm not going to get one.  I would rather use my money on a Revolution or PS3 and not on that garbage.  I've been let down with the Xbox on so many levels.  And I see no launch games that look even rentable.

Xbox 360 = teh suck.

Wow, I didn't see that coming...   :roll:

How anyone can consider a Revolution over the 360 is beyond me. No HDTV support, Nintendos famous lack of 3rd party support and the big launch titles...Mario 128 and Super Smash Bros Onine! OH SIGN ME UP! BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!!!!  :roll:

The PS3 should be great, but it won't be out until late next year....and it will cost quite a bit more than the 360.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2005, 04:47:02 AM »

Quote from: "depward"

Xbox 360 = teh suck.

Ok dude, you are my boy, but thats just goddamn crazy. If you are more dissapointed in the XBox than the absolute disaster of the 5-game wonder console that Nintendo came out with, you have truly lost it.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2005, 07:31:08 AM »

Mario 128 and Super Smash Bros Onine! OH SIGN ME UP! BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!!!!  :roll:

^

Wow.

I'm going to make a Revolution thread, so anyone can come bash it there if they wish.  This is an Xbox360 thread, sorry to derail.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: