http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 10:28:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 Preorders available online (EbGames)!  (Read 5064 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2005, 07:00:32 PM »

Geeze, Devil, I don't hardly know you...

Yet, you still love me!   :lol:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2005, 07:01:01 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
Myto - Once we have a date, maybe I'll see if I can develop Dutch Elm's Disease or something

Geeze, Devil, I don't hardly know you, although we live kinda close, so maybe... oh, darn, I bet I'm 25 years older than you.  And besides, I don't have Dutch Elm Disease, so I can't transmit it to you anyway...

~~ :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  ~~

Not to mention you are married aren't you? If not why hasn't someone already jupmed on this game playing former cop?  unibrow
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2005, 07:23:13 PM »

(anecdote: Google Image Search returned the below for 'worried face')

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2005, 08:31:13 PM »

We'll have to put an end to all this foolish talk or Lockdown will get jealous!!  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2005, 09:35:26 PM »

Quote from: "Canuck"
Uhh guys it's called Walmart. I don't undestand why any of you preorder anyways. Do you honestly think millions of people are going to be lining up to buy a $400 console? When the PSP came out the EB's were all short of stock and Walmart had literally boxes and boxes of them! No line up or anything. Keep your $25 in the bank earning interest.

It's happened before - there were shortages of the PS2 at launch.  Whether it was intentional or not, everyone who wanted a PS2 wasn't able to get one on launch day.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 11:04:59 PM »

My Bad!  Here I thought I wasn't a thread derailer...  thanks, Laner for getting us back to earth (though you have to admit it was pretty funny  :lol: )

So, here's for the topic:  I like to support my local EB whenever possible, so that is where 90% of my new games come from.  For one thing, they've been there when I needed them (Media Play died, others came in later), the folks there are great (and Chaz!), and I only shop at Wal-Mart when I cannot find an item anywhere else... and games I can always find.

So my pre-orders will always be at EB - my 360 is pre-ordered there now (first non-employee to do so) and Oblivion will be very soon (I was just there yesterday, but I forgot!  :evil:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2005, 12:38:06 AM »

Hold the phones, people!

Gamestop has smartened up, and now offers the perfect bundle for those of us who're craving for a nice and pro...naw, I'm just kidding.

Actually, they HAVE added a new bundle, called the The Omega. And for the low, lor price of $1999,69 you can validate your geekdom, and never mention to anyone else just how much you spent at launch day. It's like Gamestop heard the guffaws about their extreme bundle, sniffed some glue, and then concocted this bastard child of a package.

Now then, anyone willing to disagree that with that kind of money, you could infact get a nice'n proper gaming PC? Hmm? smile

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 01:31:29 AM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
It's like Gamestop heard the guffaws about their extreme bundle, sniffed some glue, and then concocted this bastard child of a package.

Even if I was rich and insane enough to consider such a thing, the inclusion of the "Fuego Faceplates" is enough to make me change my mind.  Those are just ugly as sin.  I'd actually pay MORE money not to have those included!

I think owning a new system is exciting, but getting 20 games at launch kinda spoils the whole "newness" thing.  While I own a metric ton of games presently, I always like savoring the game or two I get at launch.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Zoyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2005, 03:42:48 AM »

What makes them think someone who is so poor that they're considering the Core system would plunk down $700 to get it? I guess they included that bundle as a joke.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2005, 03:20:03 PM »

oh, boy - if you like the Fuego faceplate, check this out:  http://designerskins.com/
I'm guessing that some of the snotty kids on other forums (yes, my Ratchet: Deadlocked beta forum has a few) would love it!  :shock:

I also agree with you Stiffler, about getting 20 games just takes all the fun out of it - unless you're one of those snotty (and rich) kids who just wants all his/ her friends over to impress them.  Except for a few that may be FPS's that I haven't heard about yet, there are only about 4 - 5 games on that list that I would even want to play.

Although, if I was really, really rich - yeah, I'd get it - but I'd have to buy a bigger house first, lol. Cool

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2005, 10:18:19 PM »

Well, I just swung by Gamestop to see what the deal with is with the 5o bucks I plopped down in May.  The 2 guys working said it was going towards the premium version (the $400 one).  It sounds like I'm not going to be forced into buying a bundle after all.  Granted, I'll be grabbing a couple of games and an extra controller, but I should be able to pick the games I want.

Then again, who knows what they may say later on.  The regulars at the GS I frequent are pretty knowledgable, but I know to take what they say with a grain of salt  :wink:

[edit]  I have just been informed by the power that is that I am not allowed to spend $2000 for the Omega  :cry:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2005, 03:13:59 AM »

oh, boy - if you like the Fuego faceplate, check this out:  http://designerskins.com/

I can't even believe there is a market for SHIT like that...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »

What I am hoping for is another ebay story about someone paying $500 for a console box.
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2005, 03:58:39 PM »

My Bad!  Here I thought I wasn't a thread derailer...  thanks, Laner for getting us back to earth (though you have to admit it was pretty funny  :lol: )

So, here's for the topic:  I like to support my local EB whenever possible, so that is where 90% of my new games come from.  For one thing, they've been there when I needed them (Media Play died, others came in later), the folks there are great (and Chaz!), and I only shop at Wal-Mart when I cannot find an item anywhere else... and games I can always find.

So my pre-orders will always be at EB - my 360 is pre-ordered there now (first non-employee to do so) and Oblivion will be very soon (I was just there yesterday, but I forgot!  :evil:

I have my pre-order at that same Gamespot.  I'm number 34 though  frown  Hoping that I can slide into the first shipment.  In fact I was just there on Saturday putting some extra money down and pre-ordering Kameo and PD0.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: