http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 09:07:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 Preorders available online (EbGames)!  (Read 5105 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2005, 08:11:21 PM »

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/systems/xbox360/default.asp

Two bundles so far...

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 08:13:23 PM »

Bundles rear their ugly head again I see.  If people weren't interested in those games they'd be screwed honestly.  I guess this means DOA4 and PGR3 will be launch day games...heh.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 08:16:11 PM »

Does any know if the in store pre-orders are for bundles or just the unit?  I do not want Kameo or Peferct Dark Zero.  The others I could live with, though.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 08:17:42 PM »

The ship date is 11/15/05, looks like we have our launch date! smile

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 08:25:42 PM »

Quote from: "Jancelot"
Does any know if the in store pre-orders are for bundles or just the unit?  I do not want Kameo or Peferct Dark Zero.  The others I could live with, though.
I'm pretty sure in-store is (or can be) unit-only.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 08:56:04 PM »

In-store is unit only.  They called me to say my pre-order went toward the Premium 360 for $399.99.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 10:05:13 PM »

Uhh. Those bundles are absurd. No way I would get one of those.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 10:16:38 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
The ship date is 11/15/05, looks like we have our launch date! smile

That most definitely a 'fake' (or temp) release date. Of course, something tells me you already realize this. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 10:38:54 PM »

I figured the stores would be pulling crap like this, although I am hoping maybe Gamestop will have the base packages as well.  This page on their site lists the 2 flavors as 299 and 399.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »

Heh, the Ultimate Bundle is already #1 on the EbGames bestseller list...

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 12:01:17 AM »

$700!

How do people have that kind of disposable income laying around.  MAN!
Zoyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 12:43:57 AM »

I'd like to pre-order it online, but no way in hell am I shelling out for a bundle.
Dan Lorenzen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 01:03:38 AM »

Well at least that don't have the chutzpah to say that they're giving you any great savings with this bundle.

I added up everything if you just bought each separately  and the total came out to, surprise, around 700 dollars (everything in the Ultimate Bundle HD package)

I really wish if they had to do this bundle thing they'd give you the choice of the games you wanted included. As it stands now no way jose would I fork over 700 for that bundle.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 03:38:50 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
I figured the stores would be pulling crap like this, although I am hoping maybe Gamestop will have the base packages as well.  This page on their site lists the 2 flavors as 299 and 399.

I don't know about EB, but GameStop is definately not doing any forced bundles in store.  It's actually a pretty strict corporate policy.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 05:38:42 AM »

Although all said 4 games are probably the ones I'd get (...and by 4, I mean 3, and a mild curiosity for Perfect Dark Zero), I'm going to wait and see what bundles Gamestop will do.

Then again, EBGames charges tax, so um... whatever happens, I'm not buying it from them either way.

Also, for those who're thinking PGR3 is a launch title, check the following clause from the site; "We reserve the right to substitute or remove products not available at launch. You will be notified and have an opportunity to cancel up until 10 days before launch date."

So just a heads up.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 06:12:36 AM »

EB can eat a $700 bag of hell.   Here's hoping Gamespot doesn't pull the same crap, otherwise I'll be forced to cancel my preorder and camp out at Toys-R-Us with the masses...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 01:31:01 PM »

Heh, the Ultimate Bundle is already #1 on the EbGames bestseller list...
Are you really that naive to assume EB would tell the truth about what's selling the best?

I'll wait for, you know, third party numbers before beliving that 'bestseller' list is anything but another swipe at getting your $700.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2005, 03:23:55 PM »

I remember when I got my XBox during the launch month, the local EB only sold it as a package.  Had to buy 3 games with it (which I was fine with really); but even then it didn't come to any $700...  

And doesn't Gamestop own EB now, or is that still in process?

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005, 05:24:10 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
I remember when I got my XBox during the launch month, the local EB only sold it as a package.  Had to buy 3 games with it (which I was fine with really); but even then it didn't come to any $700...  

And doesn't Gamestop own EB now, or is that still in process?

It's waiting on final government approval.  You won't see much of a change this fall though, as the 4th quarter is not the time you mess with procedures and policies.  

Like I said above, GameStop has a corporate policy against doing "forced" bundles in the stores now so I would be suprised if that changes, but EB could very well continue to offer them.  Personally, I have no problem with offering bundles, even if they are not a savings, as long as you never put the customer in a position where that's the only option they have.  Of course, I'm referring to brick and mortar stores; web sales are a whole different deal.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Zoyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005, 05:46:11 PM »

Well, it looks like Gamestop.com will probably force you to buy a bundle, even if their brick and mortar stores don't. I've been searching all over the net for a pre-order deal that doesn't require your to buy a bundle (who came up with this forced bundle bullshit anyway?), but EB is the only reputable dealer I've seen so far that has pre-orders of any kind.
Zoyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 06:28:25 PM »

And here they are, the gamestop bundles! They even have one for only $1200, thanks gamestop!

http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=310
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2005, 07:11:59 PM »

Oblivion is in all the bundles!

It's a launch title!!!!!!!   biggrin  biggrin

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2005, 07:19:49 PM »

Um... those bundles are pretty horrible, actually. Hell, I didn't think Gamestop could beat EBGames'.

I like that the $699.91 one at Gamestop is actually the CORE console, whereas you'd have to get the $799.90 to get the "regular" X360. Cripes.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005, 07:28:23 PM »

Not yet it's not. Calm down man, when they know whats going on for sure they will tell us.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 07:28:45 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"

I like that the $699.91 one at Gamestop is actually the CORE console, whereas you'd have to get the $799.90 to get the "regular" X360. Cripes.

Crimey, that's a bad deal. What am I missing here:

Core system - $300
5 games - $250
Controller - $40
Memory card - $40
Total = $630

Are they really charging 60 bucks for a 1 year warrenty plan?

edit: Now I get it - they are charging $60 per game rather than $50.  :evil:
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 07:41:31 PM »

So EB posts a possible delay on Oblivion and its BS because EB doesn't know shit about game shipping dates?

Yet Gamestop includes Oblivion in their bundles and suddenly game store shipping dates are the Holy Grail?

Right :wink:
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 08:22:35 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Not yet it's not. Calm down man, when they know whats going on for sure they will tell us.

Actually....it's when Microsoft gives the OK for them to spill the beans, then they will let us know.

At this point, if it's not a launch title, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people since it is listed in every single one of the launch bundles. I don't think Gamestop would do that, unless they found out from Bethesda that it would ship for launch.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005, 08:25:42 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

So EB posts a possible delay on Oblivion and its BS because EB doesn't know shit about game shipping dates?

Yet Gamestop includes Oblivion in their bundles and suddenly game store shipping dates are the Holy Grail?

Right :wink:

I never said EB was full of shit.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 08:30:20 PM »

Actually....it's when Microsoft gives the OK for them to spill the beans, then they will let us know.

At this point, if it's not a launch title, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people since it is listed in every single one of the launch bundles. I don't think Gamestop would do that, unless they found out from Bethesda that it would ship for launch.

That is just silly-Gamestop is at fault for listing that, not Bethesda-unless Bethsoft has guaranteed them it will be ready, which seems silly.

You know what, I am just not going to argue with you. I have no idea if the game is going to make launch or not and neither do you. And frankly, I don't see any way I can rationally argue this honestly extraordinarily silly point-it either makes it or it doesn't, if that upsets people, they will get over it or not buy it. Either way, everyone has the same public information and I am certainly not going to argue with you based on the private information I may or may not have. Games miss release dates all the time. Lets stop treating this like it's the world's biggest thing.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 08:40:16 PM »

Uh, no, that doesn't confirm it'll be there at launch:

- Release dates and pricing are pending and subject to change. If a price drops prior to launch, you will be charged the lower price.

- You will receive an email as soon as pricing, dates, and launch quantities are confirmed with your final pricing and estimated ship date.

- GameStop.com reserves the right to substitute any given game in a bundle if that game becomes unavailable at launch. If this occurs, you will be notified and given the option of canceling your order before launch.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 08:46:43 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

Uh, no, that doesn't confirm it'll be there at launch:

- Release dates and pricing are pending and subject to change. If a price drops prior to launch, you will be charged the lower price.

- You will receive an email as soon as pricing, dates, and launch quantities are confirmed with your final pricing and estimated ship date.

- GameStop.com reserves the right to substitute any given game in a bundle if that game becomes unavailable at launch. If this occurs, you will be notified and given the option of canceling your order before launch.

Yes, but I have never seen Gamestop or EB ever take a game out of the bundles that they offer, since they choose games that they know will make launch, cause no retailer wants to give the option for people to cancel over something like that.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 08:49:10 PM »

That is just silly-Gamestop is at fault for listing that, not Bethesda-unless Bethsoft has guaranteed them it will be ready, which seems silly.

You know what, I am just not going to argue with you. I have no idea if the game is going to make launch or not and neither do you. And frankly, I don't see any way I can rationally argue this honestly extraordinarily silly point-it either makes it or it doesn't, if that upsets people, they will get over it or not buy it. Either way, everyone has the same public information and I am certainly not going to argue with you based on the private information I may or may not have. Games miss release dates all the time. Lets stop treating this like it's the world's biggest thing.

So...what you are really saying, is that Gavin has told you it's not making launch?   Tongue

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 10:28:21 PM »

So...what you are really saying, is that Gavin has told you it's not making launch?   Tongue

He hasn't told me squat about anything. I haven't even seen a non-official screenshot of the game posted somewhere on the internet-thats how out of the loop I am. I'm just saying.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 12:17:01 AM »

Uhh guys it's called Walmart.   I don't undestand why any of you preorder anyways.  Do you honestly think millions of people are going to be lining up to buy a $400 console?  When the PSP came out the EB's were all short of stock and Walmart had literally boxes and boxes of them!  No line up or anything.  Keep your $25 in the bank earning interest.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 12:37:57 AM »

Keep your $25 in the bank earning interest.

All .000000036 of that interest you'll be getting on $25 for 3 months?

I'll forego the interest and know that my stuff will be all packed up and waiting for me whenever I get out of work and swing by EB.

Just easier for me.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 02:10:18 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Keep your $25 in the bank earning interest.

All .000000036 of that interest you'll be getting on $25 for 3 months?

I'll forego the interest and know that my stuff will be all packed up and waiting for me whenever I get out of work and swing by EB.

Just easier for me.

Where's the fun in that? Tongue

At Walmart they let my friend open and start up the PSP's until he got one that didn't have any dead pixels lol.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 04:50:36 AM »

Thats awesome. No store anywhere near me would EVER let you do somethign like that frown
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 05:39:14 PM »

Hey, Devil!  You're not taking the day off? Whatever day it is, of course, we should have enough notice for you to ask for a day off... or to develop a bad fever.  As a matter of fact, you look a little... no, too soon for that.  Why aren't you "IN!"  on that though?  :twisted:

Also, re: the rest of the discussion - did anyone note that more than one of the 360 titles are listed as releasing on 11/01 and 11/08 - with Oblivivion listed as 11/21...  How random, as my nephew would say!  :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2005, 06:29:42 PM »

Where's the fun in that?  

At Walmart they let my friend open and start up the PSP's until he got one that didn't have any dead pixels lol.

That's really cool - In that case your right, that Wal-Mart deserves your business!

Myto - Once we have a date, maybe I'll see if I can develop Dutch Elm's Disease or something... :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 06:55:54 PM »

Myto - Once we have a date, maybe I'll see if I can develop Dutch Elm's Disease or something

Geeze, Devil, I don't hardly know you, although we live kinda close, so maybe... oh, darn, I bet I'm 25 years older than you.  And besides, I don't have Dutch Elm Disease, so I can't transmit it to you anyway...

~~ :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  ~~

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: