http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 06:20:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 Pre-Release Thread  (Read 17040 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2005, 04:26:53 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Quote from: "Hetz"
Quote from: "Canuck"
Quote from: "Nick Bean"
Game companies are sick of losing money on their consoles. I can't understand how any one can knock Microsoft for the $399 price. They aren't short changing anyone, they are just trying to give people more options by offering the $299 version.

If Sony releases the PS3 for less than $400 I will be shocked. Not only that, but just think about how much money they can potentially lose if they price the PS3 at $400. There is the system, the built in wireless adapter, the Hi-Def dvd, and I have heard that they are also considering an optional hard drive. I wouldn't be mad at Sony if the PS3 started at $600 dollars with all the crap they are putting in it.

Then there is Nintendo, and I wouldn't be suprised at all if the Revolution was only (ha only) $200. Yet they have catches too, charging to download all the games for one, and the other is that for that price, their machine just won't be able to do what the other two can. I know that it is all about the "game play", but if they don't improve the tech, they can't improve the gameplay.

People might not understand or like what Microsoft has done, but they have just opened gamers eyes to the $400 console price tag. It's kind of funny, because they totally took the burden off of Sony.

Errm I think I've yet to read a post where someone is complaining about the $400 pricetag.  People are complaining about the 2 SKU versions.  It's bad news for everybody.  I agree with the person who stated that the harddriveless consoles won't be gimped.  You know why?  Because developers will be focusing on the 85% majority of gimped Xbox owners (my guess)  for there games.  So it is actually the superior HD that is going to have it's games gimped-they won't be nearly as cool as they could have been.

Not true. The Oblivion devs have specifically said that it will run MUCH better on the HD versoin, than on the core system. Therefore the hd-less version is gimped.

He didn't say all games, but 85% of games. In any case, its undoubtably true that many future games won't use the HDD as much as they would have if there had been one SKU.

Actually, he said the developers would be focusing on the "85% majority of gimped xbox owners" meaing that he thinks 85% of people will buy the core version, which I also think is not true at all....at least not for the first few years.

Also, if you read his post, it is clearly implying that he thinks all games will be gimped on the HD version, because of the core system.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2005, 04:34:37 PM »

Game companies are sick of losing money on their consoles. I can't understand how any one can knock Microsoft for the $399 price. They aren't short changing anyone, they are just trying to give people more options by offering the $299 version.

If Sony releases the PS3 for less than $400 I will be shocked. Not only that, but just think about how much money they can potentially lose if they price the PS3 at $400. There is the system, the built in wireless adapter, the Hi-Def dvd, and I have heard that they are also considering an optional hard drive. I wouldn't be mad at Sony if the PS3 started at $600 dollars with all the crap they are putting in it.

Then there is Nintendo, and I wouldn't be suprised at all if the Revolution was only (ha only) $200. Yet they have catches too, charging to download all the games for one, and the other is that for that price, their machine just won't be able to do what the other two can. I know that it is all about the "game play", but if they don't improve the tech, they can't improve the gameplay.

People might not understand or like what Microsoft has done, but they have just opened gamers eyes to the $400 console price tag. It's kind of funny, because they totally took the burden off of Sony.

Errm I think I've yet to read a post where someone is complaining about the $400 pricetag.  People are complaining about the 2 SKU versions.  It's bad news for everybody.  I agree with the person who stated that the harddriveless consoles won't be gimped.  You know why?  Because developers will be focusing on the 85% majority of gimped Xbox owners (my guess)  for there games.  So it is actually the superior HD that is going to have it's games gimped-they won't be nearly as cool as they could have been.

Not true. The Oblivion devs have specifically said that it will run MUCH better on the HD versoin, than on the core system. Therefore the hd-less version is gimped.

He didn't say all games, but 85% of games. In any case, its undoubtably true that many future games won't use the HDD as much as they would have if there had been one SKU.

Actually, he said the developers would be focusing on the "85% majority of gimped xbox owners" meaing that he thinks 85% of people will buy the core version, which I also think is not true at all....at least not for the first few years.

Also, if you read his post, it is clearly implying that he thinks all games will be gimped on the HD version, because of the core system.

You're right - I misread it. I do think he has a point, though; most developers might still use the HDD, but they probably won't do as much as they would have if all systems included a HDD.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2005, 06:00:11 PM »

You're right - I misread it. I do think he has a point, though; most developers might still use the HDD, but they probably won't do as much as they would have if all systems included a HDD.

Why do you think so? Why should they do anything to increase development time/difficulty/cost etc when no one is putting hte burden on them to do so?

I am not sure I agree with Gellar-I think the system offers plenty "new" and I think it will stack up favorably with the PS3-and I also see about 5 launch games I really would like to play. But I agree with the sentiment that its not in any way the price that gets me down-its that the lack of standardization probably negates a great deal of the utility of the HDD and that the two SKU's for some strange reason just seems...insulting.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2005, 06:05:21 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Why do you think so? Why should they do anything to increase development time/difficulty/cost etc when no one is putting hte burden on them to do so?

I am not sure I agree with Gellar-I think the system offers plenty "new" and I think it will stack up favorably with the PS3-and I also see about 5 launch games I really would like to play. But I agree with the sentiment that its not in any way the price that gets me down-its that the lack of standardization probably negates a great deal of the utility of the HDD and that the two SKU's for some strange reason just seems...insulting.

Super quote nest... GO!

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
angrycoder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2005, 06:57:39 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

Super quote nest... GO!

I am teh win!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2005, 07:15:15 PM »

Come on guys, cut it out. Why derail a perfectly interesting thread for no reason. You can find plenty of this silliness on the other forum.
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2005, 07:23:09 PM »

Yeah I have no problems with the cost.  $400 seems reasonable to me.  My issue is the fact that the HD isnt part of the base package, which means its never going to be utilized as much as it could be.

olaf
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2005, 07:24:44 PM »

Come on guys, cut it out. Why derail a perfectly interesting thread for no reason. You can find plenty of this silliness on the other forum.
Because super quote nests are funny...

:cry:

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2005, 08:13:30 PM »

Good article collecting reactions from a large variety of industry personnel to the Xbox announcement:

Link

Interesting point from (of all places) and editor at GamePro:

Also, if backwards compatibility is dependent on having a hard drive, it's very odd that Microsoft has now set pricing to make it tougher on consumers who might want to get into the next generation but are cost-conscious. They are the ones most attracted by backwards compatibility. For Microsoft then, backwards compatibility is not a key issue
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2005, 08:22:30 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Good article collecting reactions from a large variety of industry personnel to the Xbox announcement:

Link

Interesting point from (of all places) and editor at GamePro:

Also, if backwards compatibility is dependent on having a hard drive, it's very odd that Microsoft has now set pricing to make it tougher on consumers who might want to get into the next generation but are cost-conscious. They are the ones most attracted by backwards compatibility. For Microsoft then, backwards compatibility is not a key issue

One thing about that article....

CS Weaver
Founder
Bethesda Softworks
Also Visiting Scholar at M.I.T

That guy was fired from Bethesda a long time ago. He does not speak for Bethesda and has nothing to do with Oblivion at all.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

CS Weaver
Founder
Bethesda Softworks

That guy was fired from Bethesda a long time ago. He does not speak for Bethesda and has nothing to do with Oblivion at all.
So?  It doesn't prevent him from being the founder.

Plus Oblivion isn't even mentioned.  I know you're the Elder Scrolls pimp, Hetz, but do you really need to defend it even when it's not under attack?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2005, 08:54:07 PM »

CS Weaver
Founder
Bethesda Softworks

So?  It doesn't prevent him from being the founder.

Plus Oblivion isn't even mentioned.  I know you're the Elder Scrolls pimp, Hetz, but do you really need to defend it even when it's not under attack?

I wasn't defending it, just pointing out that nobody should listen to what that guy has to say about the 360, since he is NO LONGER A DEVELOPER and has nothing to do with making games for the 360 or anything else for that matter.  He was fired for embezzeling money.

They make it sound like he is still with Bethesda in that article...guess they are really reaching to find someone critical of the system...

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2005, 08:57:30 PM »

They make it sound like he is still with Bethesda in that article...guess they are really reaching to find someone critical of the system...

Um, most of the people in that article are critical to some extent of this move.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2005, 09:01:02 PM »

Does Next Generation magazine still exist? Or are they only online now? Or does that website have nothing to do with the magazine?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2005, 09:28:09 PM »

Does Next Generation magazine still exist? Or are they only online now? Or does that website have nothing to do with the magazine?

No. Yes. Yes.  The website just recently popped up again, but many of the people behind the magazine run the website.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2005, 09:28:37 PM »

heh, this could be the apocalypse, Myself, Rage, LE, Hetz and to a degree the majority on the board actually all agree on some of the basic points.

400 bucks is a great deal, just don't lie to me and play tricksy on me.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2005, 09:38:24 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
And let's not forget that the hard drive on the XBox had it's disadvantages.  If your drive crashed or for that matter if anything happened to your XBox you were SOL.  There was no way of legitimately recovering the data.  If you were one of the unlucky (more than a) few, memory stick storage solutions probably looked a lot better.

The original Xbox hard drive and storage technology was not implemented perfectly.  In my opinion, the fault lies partly with Microsoft, for not selling a larger capacity memory card, and mainly with certain game developers, who did not allow you to back up saves onto a memory card.  Notably, the "geniuses" at Team Ninja, with Dead or Alive: Extreme Volleyball.

DOAX took well and good advantage of the hard drive -- a game that saved all your characters and hundreds of swimsuits, items, and accessories.  I personally spent 160 hours in gameplay.  If your hard drive "dies", however, you are in a fine pickle.  Yep, one fine pickle that might cause you say some very un-Christian things about the people who work at Team Ninja, and their mothers.

Oblivion may or may not be all that it ever could have been.  It will not matter until we can play the game for ourselves.

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2005, 10:35:56 PM »

I wasn't defending it, just pointing out that nobody should listen to what that guy has to say about the 360, since he is NO LONGER A DEVELOPER and has nothing to do with making games for the 360 or anything else for that matter.

This is quite a paradox, because if I can't listen to you because you're not a developer for the XBox 360, then how will I know not to listen to people who aren't developers for the XBox 360?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 19, 2005, 12:03:30 AM »

What do you think the breakdown will be of people who buy the full version vs. people who buy the gimped version?  I just pulled 85% out of my butt, I have no idea.  I'm sure there's not a soul here who would buy the gimped version but at the same time I can't help but think of all those mothers who are out buying new consoles for their kids.  They probably have no idea what the difference is between the consoles and more than likely they can only afford to buy one console in the first place.  If you were in the same situation wouldn't you buy the one that costs $100 dollars less?  That way when your son opens up his Christmas presents he could get a console AND a game.

I get a feeling that casual gamers/poor people probably make up a good 85% of the demographic  So things aren't looking good in my opinion.  Isn't it also true that backwards compatible games will only work with the full version of 360? If that's the case and emulating games for the 360 is a difficult and expensive process then how many game companies are going to put any effort into it when most people can't even play them?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2005, 12:08:31 AM »

What do you think the breakdown will be of people who buy the full version vs. people who buy the gimped version?

MS will likely determine the ratio initially just based on shipping numbers.  I think Peter Moore made some comments yesterday indicating they expect the $399 SKU to be the most popular so I would expect something on the order of an 80/20 399/299 split.  Personally, I think the $299 version just exists to provide the marketing point "launched next gen console at $299."  I wouldn't be suprised if early next year this is followed by an announcement saying "well gosh darn it the $399 version proved to be so popular that we're discontinuing the $299 version!"

That said, I think you're right and the $299 version will likely prove to be very popular with certain demographics (especially parents buying the 360 for their kids).
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2005, 12:53:21 AM »

Honestly, I don't think the $299 sku is going to do well at all.

Parents are NOT going to buy their kids a $299 system when there are XBox/Ps2's and Gamecubes available for much cheaper. Most sales will be from GAMERS this Christmas and the majority of them will be buying the $399 version.

I think the 80%-20% thing is right with the majority going for the $399 system.

Now as the years go on and the $299 sku goes down in price, then yes it will become the more popular sku for parents (in 2-3 years, I think). UNtil then, it's going to be the $399 all the way.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2005, 01:17:56 AM »

I agree with Kevin, (as usual), but I'd take it a step further and say the $299 version will sell out in most stores due to MS engineering a shortage.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2005, 02:10:52 AM »

Did somone actually read anything that the $399 SKU will be released Holidays 2005 at all?  Or did they simply announce there will be two XBox360 SkU's, their respective price points, and the Xbox 360 (at least one SKU) will be available for the holidays? I don't think it's the same thing.  Because after what was promised at E3, I don't know why anyone is taking Microsoft's word that two SKUs will be available in any distribution ratio at all come Holidays 2005.

Done posting
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2005, 03:01:59 AM »

Seems like the backlash that some people thought would happen....is not happening!

I am an Asst. Manager at EB Games and judging from the reaction on the boards yesterday, I was expecting to have a ton of people coming in to cancel the pre-orders and complain. Instead what happened today was quite the opposite, I had people coming in to make sure that their pre-order went to the 399.99 version (all eb games pre-orders will since the old SKU is now the 399.99 SKU and there is a new SKU for the core version,) and I had people calling to find out how much it was going to cost to pre-order the games and controllers. All day today I did not have a single complaint about the pricing and most people seem to think that the combo pack is a steal. People also got really excited when I told them about playing the ipod during Kameo.

So overall I don't think this is going to have any sort of negative impact. The people who cared enough to preorder all want the 399 version and the people who are just gonna wander into the store around launch time will be just as happy with the 299 since it is the same machine and will play all the same games just as well.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2005, 03:04:49 AM »

Seems like the backlash that some people thought would happen....is not happening!

I am an Asst. Manager at EB Games and judging from the reaction on the boards yesterday, I was expecting to have a ton of people coming in to cancel the pre-orders and complain. Instead what happened today was quite the opposite, I had people coming in to make sure that their pre-order went to the 399.99 version (all eb games pre-orders will since the old SKU is now the 399.99 SKU and there is a new SKU for the core version,) and I had people calling to find out how much it was going to cost to pre-order the games and controllers. All day today I did not have a single complaint about the pricing and most people seem to think that the combo pack is a steal. People also got really excited when I told them about playing the ipod during Kameo.

So overall I don't think this is going to have any sort of negative impact. The people who cared enough to preorder all want the 399 version and the people who are just gonna wander into the store around launch time will be just as happy with the 299 since it is the same machine and will play all the same games just as well.

Alright Hetz, instead of not even pretending to be objective and understanding the annoyance people here have with Microsoft's inane decision with the 360, do something productive for your old pal and find out wtf is going on with the release date would ya?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2005, 03:05:00 AM »

Here is a little chart for you video game history buffs...

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2005, 04:16:17 AM »

If you like that Hetz you'll like the article going up tomorrow morning on the front page. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2005, 04:46:22 AM »

RELEASE DATE NOOBS!!

Ahem, sorry. Why didn't they give the release date as originally promised?
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2005, 05:30:37 AM »

I know you're the Elder Scrolls pimp, Hetz,
Like that's a bad thing?  :lol:

Great summary, Tebunker!
heh, this could be the apocalypse, Myself, Rage, LE, Hetz and to a degree the majority on the board actually all agree on some of the basic points.

400 bucks is a great deal, just don't lie to me and play tricksy on me.

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2005, 05:33:58 AM »

I am so tired of seeing those "adjusted for inflation" figures. They are totally irrelevant. Particularly since the earlier models probably weren't priced as loss-leaders.

I have no problem with the 360 premium pricing, there's a lot of value there. The core bundle is a shuck and jive, though.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2005, 05:40:26 AM »

All this arguing about hard drives and controllers.
Have none of you people even noticed that no matter which version you decide to buy, Microsoft was kind enough to include a faceplate?
No more ugly, faceplate-less console sitting on your shelves.
ISNT THAT ENOUGH??? WHAT MORE DO YOU GUYS WANT????
What a bunch of ungrateful bastards.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: August 19, 2005, 09:38:56 AM »

I wasn't defending it, just pointing out that nobody should listen to what that guy has to say about the 360, since he is NO LONGER A DEVELOPER and has nothing to do with making games for the 360 or anything else for that matter.

This is quite a paradox, because if I can't listen to you because you're not a developer for the XBox 360, then how will I know not to listen to people who aren't developers for the XBox 360?

now *THAT* is a bait, buddy. Hetz isn't using supposition, even blatant name-dropping, to give credence to his opinion.  

BACK ON TRACK :

MS is teh suxxor. LE is right, the world is coming to an end, and Sony will save us all. slywink Just teasing, LE. I agree that MS has encouraged assumptions and then slammed us with a 180 degree turn on the 360. As I see it, MS is more flexible than Sony. They changed up their controllers. We had to bitch a WHOLE LOT, but they did it. I hope they're realizing what they've done, and maybe cut the gamers some slack.

The wireless controllers should be standard, period. They should COME WITH A CABLE to use as wired controllers. The battery pack can be sold separately (as batteries DO cost a lot of money).  The HDTV cable should come with the system. Period. The Hard disk is mostly for Xbox1 compatibility, and a nice place to store your MP3s, save games, etc. It is an added cost, and I'm ok with this. I doubt that Oblivion will make that much of a difference, and frankly the hard disk seeks aren't missed. For gods sake, don't go with maxtor for the drives. puke The remote control (included with the 399 deal) is a welcome thing; I hope they use a well-known DVD signal so that universal remotes can be programmed to control the DVD playback functions.

The Xbox360full package should also come with a CD with driver / software support for Windows XP Home/Pro that allows us to have the same benefits for streaming audio / video to the xbox360.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: August 19, 2005, 12:19:46 PM »

That's the thing, it was never promised.  Heck, many were thinking they weren't even going to announce anything in Germany.  The only known time they will give a date possibly at this point is at the Tokyo Game Show for Japan's release (and possibly the other markets).  Here's the news item from 1Up.  Here is the line:

Yes, this announcement means the hard drive (once the centerpiece of the Xbox platform) is no longer an all-inclusive factor for Xbox 360, but, no, we still don't have a specific launch date. Microsoft continues towing the line that Xbox 360 will launch in North America, Europe and Japan this holiday season - with more details on the Japanese launch to be released at next month's Tokyo Game Show.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 19, 2005, 06:21:59 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"

That's the thing, it was never promised.  Heck, many were thinking they weren't even going to announce anything in Germany.  The only known time they will give a date possibly at this point is at the Tokyo Game Show for Japan's release (and possibly the other markets).  Here's the news item from 1Up.  Here is the line:

Yes, this announcement means the hard drive (once the centerpiece of the Xbox platform) is no longer an all-inclusive factor for Xbox 360, but, no, we still don't have a specific launch date. Microsoft continues towing the line that Xbox 360 will launch in North America, Europe and Japan this holiday season - with more details on the Japanese launch to be released at next month's Tokyo Game Show.

Thanks foxy, I guess I was simply mistaken about the date-however, I still think it makes sense to go for that November time frame.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2005, 07:33:34 PM »

Good news is that a memory card is not needed to save games, you can still save them on the hard drive.

The Xbox 360 brochure has leaked, you can find it at this page.  Look at the accessories page to see the good news.

Supposedly the more expensive Xbox will have "Premium Chrome" on it...I wonder what the core system will look like.  It also looks like Gold Xbox 30-day trial will come with the system as well and I wonder how they are going to handle people that have Xbox Live through next year.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2005, 10:57:58 PM »

I just paid off my XBox 360 Premium Pack preorder!

Yay me!   biggrin  biggrin

Roll on November!

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2005, 03:22:24 AM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"

Supposedly the more expensive Xbox will have "Premium Chrome" on it...I wonder what the core system will look like.  It also looks like Gold Xbox 30-day trial will come with the system as well and I wonder how they are going to handle people that have Xbox Live through next year.

They could just have the 30 days tacked on for people who still have time left on a Live subscription.
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2005, 06:41:39 AM »

I just paid off my XBox 360 Premium Pack preorder!

Yay me!   biggrin  biggrin

Roll on November!

Hetz, I will see you in November.  Please clear out the guest room for me for about three weeks.:wink:

Seriously, I'm jealous.  If the Premium came in out at $299, I would have been tempted to cave in and jump on it.  But as it is, I don't know if I can justify $399.  Oh well.  I guess I'll just have to be patient.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 21, 2005, 12:02:18 PM »

Chat with J Allard today at Noon Pacific Time.

http://www.majornelson.com/2005/08/20/chat-with-j-allard

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: August 21, 2005, 02:23:23 PM »

To be honest I could care less how the things looks, or chrome, or changing faceplates.  It could look like a toaster so long as it runs like the monster they are touting, that is all that matter to me.  I want freakin unbelieavable gameplay.  That's it.  By the way, my plumbing cost me exactly half of what I was estimating, so, looks like I am back in the Xbox hunt.  Whoo.  I was sweating that one.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: