http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 09:47:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 - Massive Shortages at Launch  (Read 18014 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12282


GO UTES!!


View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2005, 10:41:39 PM »

I have no interest in the 360, but now I wish I would have pre-ordered one just to E-Bay it.
Logged

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2593


View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2005, 06:10:04 AM »

Quote from: "StitchJones"
Exactly.  the fact that its $400.00 plus the fact that it will hit before Thanksgiving leads me to believe that the first few days, you'll be able to fine one pretty easily.  The day after Thanksgiving though,all bets are off.


I'm not so sure, mainly because the shortage means only about half the people who pre-ordered at EB and GameStop will get theirs day one.  That means many will camp the local non-reserve place to get the system and then cancel at EB/GS (or hold onto for EBay purposes once it comes in).  

Remember, the folks who put down $50 at EB/GS are the serious ones who generally want it day one.
Logged

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4193


View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2005, 01:03:49 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
Quote from: "StitchJones"
Exactly.  the fact that its $400.00 plus the fact that it will hit before Thanksgiving leads me to believe that the first few days, you'll be able to fine one pretty easily.  The day after Thanksgiving though,all bets are off.


I'm not so sure, mainly because the shortage means only about half the people who pre-ordered at EB and GameStop will get theirs day one.  That means many will camp the local non-reserve place to get the system and then cancel at EB/GS (or hold onto for EBay purposes once it comes in).  

Remember, the folks who put down $50 at EB/GS are the serious ones who generally want it day one.


Yep, if this shortage continues to hold, which all signs are pointing to it, then those of you just thinking you will stroll in to Best Buy on 11/22 and pick up one are going to be seriously unhappy campers come launch day.

Those EB/GS preorders that didn't get one are going to be camping outside of Best Buy/Wal-Mart/Circuit City/Target the following night. I was one of the campers outside of Best Buy for the PS2 launch, I had to get there at 9PM the night beforehand to get a console. This Xbxo 360 shortage sounds even worse than the PS2 shortage. THere were over 150 prerorders at my Gamestop (there are 3 Gamestops and 2 EB's  in my rather smallish town of 80,000 people) and they are not getting anywhere near that in. Lots of people want this console, even at $400.

It's going to be maddness on 11/22, not to mention the day after thanksgiving.
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
DamageInc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2412


Starts with s and ends with litting their throats


View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2005, 01:26:06 PM »

I just got a call from my local EB telling me I was last on the list to get one on 11/22, whew.

They did tell me that Oblivion is delayed to next year so I'll probably pick Perfect Dark or Kameo.
Logged

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71767


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 07:09:07 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
I have no interest in the 360, but now I wish I would have pre-ordered one just to E-Bay it.


If I get my pre-order on day one I just may do that.  I pre-ordered in early may so I think I got a good shot.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Andrew Mallon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1900


View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2005, 08:17:07 PM »

Quote
Yep, if this shortage continues to hold, which all signs are pointing to it, then those of you just thinking you will stroll in to Best Buy on 11/22 and pick up one are going to be seriously unhappy campers come launch day.


I agree that the electronics chains will sell out pretty quickly the morning of the 22nd. I think you will be able to stroll into some of the out the way places like Sears, Target, or Sam Goody's for the first day or two and find units.

I think this is different from the PS2 launch in a few key ways:
1) Microsoft will probably ship more units than Sony did for the PS2 launch
2) Price point of $400
3) Xbox isn't as popular as the Playstation

We'll see though. I'll cheerfully admit I'm wrong on the 23rd if there are riots in the streets over 360s.
Logged
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 171


View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2005, 08:51:36 PM »

I think a lto of people are comparing PS2 to the 360.  I don't see the same EXTREME shortages happening, also that $400.00 price point is gonna be tough on some people.  Best Buy might sell out, but Target, Sears, Comp USA.  They'll have some systems through day one.  Either way, I'll have a full court press going.  I'll check out the 24hr Walmart near me, and then I have a Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Comp YSA all within two 5 miles of each other.
Logged
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13907

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2005, 11:05:21 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
Quote
Yep, if this shortage continues to hold, which all signs are pointing to it, then those of you just thinking you will stroll in to Best Buy on 11/22 and pick up one are going to be seriously unhappy campers come launch day.


I agree that the electronics chains will sell out pretty quickly the morning of the 22nd. I think you will be able to stroll into some of the out the way places like Sears, Target, or Sam Goody's for the first day or two and find units.

I think this is different from the PS2 launch in a few key ways:
1) Microsoft will probably ship more units than Sony did for the PS2 launch
2) Price point of $400
3) Xbox isn't as popular as the Playstation

We'll see though. I'll cheerfully admit I'm wrong on the 23rd if there are riots in the streets over 360s.


I hear from some local stores that in this area there will be no midnight laucnh because they are concerned about customer safety. Thus, my lazy ass has to be awake at 5 am to get this. Ughhh.
Logged
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2593


View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2005, 10:39:36 PM »

I manage a GameStop and we got our official day one allocations yesterday.  Without revealing a lot of details, I can say this: only about 25-30% of our pre-orders will be filled on day one.  You would have had to have reserved your system no later than early June to get one.

Based on our allocations (and what I know of company numbers) as well as what's been reported elsewhere on the net for other retailers,  I would say MS is only going to have between 200,000 and 250,000 units available at launch in the US.  Assuming this is not a "planned" shortage, it means MS has really dropped the ball on launching the XB360.

I'm not looking forward to this. . .  :cry:
Logged

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
olaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 582


View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2005, 03:05:40 PM »

I heard Walmarts are getting shit loads of 360s, at the expense of the specialty stores like EB/Gamestop.

olaf
Logged
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2973


Roll Tide!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2005, 03:30:54 PM »

It's time to kick my contingency plan into effect:

1.  At lunch today I'm heading down to my EB to see if I made the cut.   I preordered in late August.    Something tells me I didn't

2.  After finding out that I didn't make the cut, I will then go home today and approach my next door neighbor whom I have a great relationship with.   He happens to be the Assistant Manager of my local Wal Mart.   Hopefully he can hook me up.  biggrin
Logged
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2593


View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2005, 03:54:42 PM »

Quote from: "olaf"
I heard Walmarts are getting shit loads of 360s, at the expense of the specialty stores like EB/Gamestop.

olaf


I'm not sure how that makes sense given that EB/GameStop (combined) are as big as WalMart in terms of the video game market.  Actually, the rumor in retail is that Best Buy has the special relationship with MS this time.
Logged

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 6073


View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2005, 04:02:28 PM »

The reason this would make sense is because the biggest demographic for christmas sales are moms who conveniently shop at walmart.
Logged
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4193


View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2005, 05:07:33 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
I manage a GameStop and we got our official day one allocations yesterday.  Without revealing a lot of details, I can say this: only about 25-30% of our pre-orders will be filled on day one.  You would have had to have reserved your system no later than early June to get one.

Based on our allocations (and what I know of company numbers) as well as what's been reported elsewhere on the net for other retailers,  I would say MS is only going to have between 200,000 and 250,000 units available at launch in the US.  Assuming this is not a "planned" shortage, it means MS has really dropped the ball on launching the XB360.

I'm not looking forward to this. . .  :cry:


Here is more on the Gamestop situation:

Quote
Your Gamestops should have an email today stating how many 360's they will be getting. This launch is not turning out pretty guys. My store will only be getting 12 premium and 4 cores and thats out of 90 or so preorders. The email does state that this will fullfill our orders for all first sku customers and some from the second. If your reservation sku is 995533 you have a "guaranteed sku" preorder. If you have a guaranteed sku preodrder you'll be getting a call on the 14th letting you know there will be a 360 waiting for you. Everyone else will be getting a bad news call between the 16 and 18 telling them to stay home on the 22. There will be shipments every week there after.

To recap... Aren't you glad you preordered early? Anyway I wish I could post the actual emails but I'm already paranoid about getting fired for just posting this. Any questions let me know.


Ebayer's are going to make a KILLING on this!
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4848


View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2005, 05:15:40 PM »

I repeat, btw.  The Wal-Mart I Work at is getting -4- of the $400 bundles and 10 of the 'core' bundles.  That's it.
Logged
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4193


View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2005, 05:31:36 PM »

This shortage looks to be even worse than the PS2 shortage....yikes.
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2973


Roll Tide!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2005, 05:53:09 PM »

Well, here's the skinny:

My local store is getting 32 units.    I'm like 150th in line or something crazy like that -- and I've been preordered for a couple months.  

The manager seemed to think that I would be able to get one before Christmas.   My friend who preordered in early October was told it would likely be January before he got his.

I'm going to call my neighbor today and find out my local Walmart's launch plans....  I guess I'll be camping out on that night in hopes that I can get one.

Oh yeah:   and this pisses me off.   A big F U to Microsoft for this.   My wife is going to be PISSED since this is my Christmas present from her.    She's NOT going to be happy, and I fear she might make me cancel the preorder and just buy me something else.   If that happens it's likely to be months before I get one... if at all.
Logged
Bob
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 997


View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2005, 06:04:53 PM »

Preorder auctions on ebay are already closing for between $550 and $900.  And that's just a speculation of a shortage.

If the shortage is real, I think you'll be able to get $1000+ for an Xbox 360 come November 22.
Logged
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4848


View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2005, 06:18:39 PM »

And you know what?  It'd be hard NOT to turn down that kind of jack.
Logged
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4193


View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2005, 06:53:41 PM »

wOOt!

I'm sure glad I preordered in Mid-May, since I am one of the guaranteed preorders now at Gamestop!  Everyone thought I was nuts and there would be "plenty" to go around at launch....well who is laughing now!  :lol:

That one will be going straight to EBAY for $1,000+!  biggrin

Thank you everytenminutes.com!!!!   Cool
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2755


Gamertag: St0ckBroker


View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2005, 07:16:37 PM »

I actually took down my auction and will put it back up closer to the launch and Thanksgiving. :
Logged

Go Gunners...
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13907

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2005, 09:05:33 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
I repeat, btw.  The Wal-Mart I Work at is getting -4- of the $400 bundles and 10 of the 'core' bundles.  That's it.


I guess I will be at Target at 5am on the 22nd? I am bringing a friend and I think we are goign to get one to play and one to sell. Its just too much money to pass up.  Seriously though, screw MS for manufacturing a shortage. Way to screw with the people that have been loyal to you.
Logged
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2973


Roll Tide!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2005, 09:38:30 PM »

Exactly.   This manufacturing a shortage BS should backfire on them.   If PS3 was within months of release I'd say screw MS and preorder from Sony.
Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2005, 09:42:19 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
Exactly.   This manufacturing a shortage BS should backfire on them.   If PS3 was within months of release I'd say screw MS and preorder from Sony.


So we believe this is a "manufactured" shortage?  I, for one, don't.  As everyone included MS has pounded into our heads time and time again their whole batteplan is based on getting a substantial headstart on Sony.  You don't do that only putting out 500k or so for the entire Holiday season.  While it may not be in their best interest to oversaturate the market, 250-300k for an initial shipment is absurdly low.  Especially when the follow up shipment won't be until after Black Friday.

If preorders are unable to be filled and/or parents can't easily find systems for their children then MS runs a very real risk that funds earmarked for 360 will be transferred to other gifts before any followup shipments are available.  

I'm guessing they have hit some snags with their manufacturing pipeline.
Logged
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2973


Roll Tide!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2005, 10:03:34 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Quote from: "msduncan"
Exactly.   This manufacturing a shortage BS should backfire on them.   If PS3 was within months of release I'd say screw MS and preorder from Sony.


So we believe this is a "manufactured" shortage?  I, for one, don't.  As everyone included MS has pounded into our heads time and time again their whole batteplan is based on getting a substantial headstart on Sony.  You don't do that only putting out 500k or so for the entire Holiday season.  While it may not be in their best interest to oversaturate the market, 250-300k for an initial shipment is absurdly low.  Especially when the follow up shipment won't be until after Black Friday.

If preorders are unable to be filled and/or parents can't easily find systems for their children then MS runs a very real risk that funds earmarked for 360 will be transferred to other gifts before any followup shipments are available.  

I'm guessing they have hit some snags with their manufacturing pipeline.


There is evidence that this is so...but I'm about to head out the door and so I'll post it tomorrow.   It's all circumstantial, but evidence nonetheless.
Logged
Jarrodhk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3043


View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2005, 10:14:22 PM »

Well I'm sad.  I am not going to get my preorder on the 22nd.  So now it is time to mobilize my friends and fan out through Springfield retailers looking for an available 360.

Bah.
Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4193


View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2005, 12:04:22 AM »

I just confirmed at my local Gamestop that I am on the first shipment and will have one for me. They confirmed to me that they are only getting 18 untis in and they had over 150 preorders.

Yikes, it's going to be an UGLY scene at Gamestop and EB.

I'm am thinking about skipping the midnight launch, cause I am actually afraid of getting jumped in the parking lot on my way out....
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2549


View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2005, 12:20:38 AM »

Well, I called my EB today to see what's what and was told that if I wanted to have a chance at getting one at launch then I better come in quick and pay my preorder off, preorder 3-4 games and pay them off, and pre-order a second controller and pay it off.  I asked why and he simply said that those who have the most money down will be at the top of the list no matter WHEN they preordered.  

I proceeded to tell him that that was utter bullshit.  Those people who came in very early on in the preorder process and paid the required preorder downpayment should ofcourse get theirs prior to those who walk in today and put down $1200 for a system, games, and accessories.  It should not matter one iota how much someone has paid, but what order they preordered.  He said so sorry but that was EB's policy and ultimately it was not their fault but Microsofts for shorting the units at launch.  

He then told me that of the 150 preorders taken that most would not get one until January because they were only getting 5-6 a week after the initial shipment.  

I for one am utterly f*cking pissed off at that bullsh*it policy and proceeded to tell him that I have spent God-only-knows how much money in their store but I would NEVER spend another dime.  

That is the sorriest lame-ass policy I have ever heard of and they can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.  And to think they made such a big deal about encouraging everyone who came in early on that they better hurry and get one preordered because first-come first-served.  Lying b*stards.

As of today EB no longer exists.   And this isn't about me getting one or not because I had not been planning on it, but I wanted to know the scoop.  It's the principle of the thing.  Period.
Logged

I am Xboxalot on Live.
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 6237


TML, for short.


View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2005, 12:41:31 AM »

That is absolute bullshit, mikeg.  Sucks to hear that.
Logged

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4193


View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2005, 12:46:47 AM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
Well, I called my EB today to see what's what and was told that if I wanted to have a chance at getting one at launch then I better come in quick and pay my preorder off, preorder 3-4 games and pay them off, and pre-order a second controller and pay it off.  I asked why and he simply said that those who have the most money down will be at the top of the list no matter WHEN they preordered.  

I proceeded to tell him that that was utter bullshit.  Those people who came in very early on in the preorder process and paid the required preorder downpayment should ofcourse get theirs prior to those who walk in today and put down $1200 for a system, games, and accessories.  It should not matter one iota how much someone has paid, but what order they preordered.  He said so sorry but that was EB's policy and ultimately it was not their fault but Microsofts for shorting the units at launch.  

He then told me that of the 150 preorders taken that most would not get one until January because they were only getting 5-6 a week after the initial shipment.  

I for one am utterly f*cking pissed off at that bullsh*it policy and proceeded to tell him that I have spent God-only-knows how much money in their store but I would NEVER spend another dime.  

That is the sorriest lame-ass policy I have ever heard of and they can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.  And to think they made such a big deal about encouraging everyone who came in early on that they better hurry and get one preordered because first-come first-served.  Lying b*stards.

As of today EB no longer exists.   And this isn't about me getting one or not because I had not been planning on it, but I wanted to know the scoop.  It's the principle of the thing.  Period.


I've heard about lots of EB's doing that, but not all. I don't think it is a company policy, but many District Managers are encouraging it to help their sales numbers. All Gamestops are going by when you preordered and that's it....but EB has been known to do this kind of shit in the past and it looks like they are doing it again.

It is really stupid and is one of the many resons why I never go to EB anymore. Gamestop's employees are much nicer and they have never screwed me over, unlike EB's reps that are all a bunch of smug jerks that think they are so hysterical when they act like a smartass to you.

EB can rot, I'm glad that Gamestop bought them out.
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4074


View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2005, 02:40:47 AM »

I hope this pre-order bullshit blows up in their faces.  Hell, I am sick of being asked if I want to pre-order whenever I go in there.  From now on I can just point to this and ask "why bother?"

Finally something that makes me glad I don't have one on pre-order.
Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13907

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2005, 02:46:59 AM »

Sorry to hear that Mike. That is total bullshit. THey are totally reneging on their initial promises, they are totally screwing you, and them and Microsoft have really contributed towards making this launch more dreaded than looked forward to.
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71767


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2005, 02:52:08 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

Here is more on the Gamestop situation:

Quote
Your Gamestops should have an email today stating how many 360's they will be getting. This launch is not turning out pretty guys. My store will only be getting 12 premium and 4 cores and thats out of 90 or so preorders. The email does state that this will fullfill our orders for all first sku customers and some from the second. If your reservation sku is 995533 you have a "guaranteed sku" preorder. If you have a guaranteed sku preodrder you'll be getting a call on the 14th letting you know there will be a 360 waiting for you. Everyone else will be getting a bad news call between the 16 and 18 telling them to stay home on the 22. There will be shipments every week there after.

To recap... Aren't you glad you preordered early? Anyway I wish I could post the actual emails but I'm already paranoid about getting fired for just posting this. Any questions let me know.


Ebayer's are going to make a KILLING on this!


Hetz, where did you get that bit about 995533?
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2549


View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2005, 02:54:37 AM »

I actually called the corporate headquarters tonight and left a 10 minute tirade on the voice mail of the Director of Store Policy.  I dunno, I may just call em every night around this time and leave a message to the same effect from now til launch.    Just makes me feel better somehow.
Logged

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2593


View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2005, 06:17:04 AM »

The whole launch shortage thing really makes me mad at Microsoft.  They're giving away thousands of the systems, for one, with the whole Mt. Dew thing.  On top of that it's pretty clear that the Japanese launch they insisted on having right away will be a failure (all signs point to very limited interest in Japan right now).  

As for EB's policy, yeah, that sucks big time.  GameStop isn't doing that, nor are they doing forced bundles in stores, though the sad part is that unless GameStop sells lots of accessories legitimately it may impact how many systems they get from MS because manufacturers are always focused on attachment rate of games and accessories.  

As for getting one on Ebay, all I can say is that EB and GameStop are very serious this time around on limiting multiple system purchasers who hoped to cash in.  They are comparing reservation info between stores and between each other to eliminate people who reserved multiples.  So, there may not be as many available on EBay as you might think.  Personally, I'd be wary of anyone putting one up right now.  Until they can produce a photo, who knows if they can even deliver the system to you.
Logged

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4901



View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2005, 06:50:13 AM »

Quote
I hear from some local stores that in this area there will be no midnight laucnh because they are concerned about customer safety. Thus, my lazy ass has to be awake at 5 am to get this. Ughhh.
Quote
I'm am thinking about skipping the midnight launch, cause I am actually afraid of getting jumped in the parking lot on my way out....

Oh, great - things weren't crazy enough, now we have to worry about our personal safety when we pick up our 360's (those who haven't been screwed out of one, like bluntman and mikeg)? WTF?

I know I'm getting one, for two reasons: 1) I'm 3rd on the pre-order list, and 2) it still depends on which EB you go to - and mine is extra special.  I will be going down this week to pay off my pre-order and I have no doubts whatsoever.

Maybe I'll play it until 5 AM and then go to Wal-Mart for one of those eBay machines (like I have enough money for more than one, lol!)  But be careful of buying a pre-order on eBay - Sarkus hit the nail on the head - there might be a lot of problems going that route:
Quote
there may not be as many available on EBay as you might think. Personally, I'd be wary of anyone putting one up right now. Until they can produce a photo, who knows if they can even deliver the system to you.

Now I just have to make sure that Markus and MasterMagic are still planning on going with me to the midnight gig, so that we'll all be safe (I'll watch out for them!) - if EB is even plannning a midnight launch - as far as I know, it hasn't been announced yet (?)
Logged

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 6073


View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2005, 12:48:46 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
I actually called the corporate headquarters tonight and left a 10 minute tirade on the voice mail of the Director of Store Policy.  I dunno, I may just call em every night around this time and leave a message to the same effect from now til launch.    Just makes me feel better somehow.


Coming from a former EB Manager.  Here is what you do, callt he store back where you have it preordered, explain that you are upset about the new preorder policy they are trying to push and ask for the number for theier district manager.  Speak with the district manager, if they are the one pushing this, ask for the regional managers number.  Trust me at this point chances are they will cave and admit that this is a made up policy in an effort to improve add on sales with consoles.  Thier preorders must be filled in the order they were placed.

Also a lot of stores are not going to do midnight sales due to the limited shipments that most are recieving.  My EB's yesterday finally found out thier launch day allotment and it isn't pretty indeed.  However I worked through multiple launch days in the past and on more than one occassion additional systems showed up the day of launch (most of the time we received the systems 3-4 days in advance.)
Logged
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4193


View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2005, 01:24:28 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Quote from: "Hetz"

Here is more on the Gamestop situation:

Quote
Your Gamestops should have an email today stating how many 360's they will be getting. This launch is not turning out pretty guys. My store will only be getting 12 premium and 4 cores and thats out of 90 or so preorders. The email does state that this will fullfill our orders for all first sku customers and some from the second. If your reservation sku is 995533 you have a "guaranteed sku" preorder. If you have a guaranteed sku preodrder you'll be getting a call on the 14th letting you know there will be a 360 waiting for you. Everyone else will be getting a bad news call between the 16 and 18 telling them to stay home on the 22. There will be shipments every week there after.

To recap... Aren't you glad you preordered early? Anyway I wish I could post the actual emails but I'm already paranoid about getting fired for just posting this. Any questions let me know.


Ebayer's are going to make a KILLING on this!


Hetz, where did you get that bit about 995533?


I heard that from both the Gamestop that I reserved mine at and on the IGN forums from a Gamestop employee.

The 995533 SKU is the first shipment SKU. 995534 and 995535 are 2nd and 3rd.
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2973


Roll Tide!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2005, 01:46:54 PM »

Well....

I called EB and made sure I could cancel my preorder in the event I find one on the street and still get my money back.   They were VERY reluctant to say I could, but I pressed them and they admitted that I could.

I then walked next door to my neighbor's house (who is a manager at walmart), and he is going to pull up the number of units he's going to receive on Wednesday, and he's going to give me a heads up on when I should get there to get a unit.

He also gave me 5 pounds of processed deer sausage  (YUMMY!!!!!)
Logged
rrmorton
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 867


View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2005, 04:08:54 PM »

That is the best last sentence in a post I've ever seen.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.198 seconds with 103 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.063s, 2q)