http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:34:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 -- here I come!  (Read 1525 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2005, 07:16:23 PM »

Welp...  My wife is going to get the 360 for me for Christmas.   After seeing the $400 price tag, I figured all hope had been lost.....  but I sold some stuff on Ebay and gave her $200 towards it, so it will be tucked under my tree this season.    The downside is that I'll have to wait until December 25th for it....  but the upside I suppose is you guys will be able to report to me which games are worth buying (or asking for for Christmas).

Yes.... she preordered the Top O the Line one.... which I'm thankful for!

Now I'm very excited about this holiday season already!   WOOT!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 07:24:38 PM »

Congrats!!

We'll test out the crap and report back!  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 07:26:31 PM »

Grats man, great stuff!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 01:07:01 AM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
Welp...  My wife is going to get the 360 for me for Christmas.   After seeing the $400 price tag, I figured all hope had been lost.....  but I sold some stuff on Ebay and gave her $200 towards it, so it will be tucked under my tree this season.    The downside is that I'll have to wait until December 25th for it....  but the upside I suppose is you guys will be able to report to me which games are worth buying (or asking for for Christmas).

Awesome!  biggrin

I'll be getting a bunch of launch games and will of course have full impressions of each one.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 01:11:41 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

Awesome!  biggrin

I'll be getting a bunch of launch games and will of course have full impressions of each one.

Ahhh!  I remember way back during the build up to the first Xbox launch.    You and I were Xbox staunch defenders together Hetz.   Before the elections.... before the politics....    

Remember that?   Here we are again at long last.    Back in the day my wife and I were newly married and lived in a small house an hour south of where I live now.      I remember her watching in awe as I cranked up Halo for the first time....  she enjoyed just watching me play it.    

Those were simpler times, and I can't believe it's been as long as it has.
Here's to an upcoming VERY merry christmas!  smile
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 02:12:21 AM »

Nice!!!!!!
Your wife rocks!!!

My wife is paying a portion of mine as well for a belated b-day gift!!!

God I love when they support the cause!!!

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 02:14:42 AM »

Man, I still haven't even preordered mine let alone figured out who or how I am going to pay for it, you lucky bastages!!  :  :wink:
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 02:21:24 PM »

Wives are great!! biggrin

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 02:40:40 PM »

I just got finished watching the Dashboard 2 movie at gametrailers.

I am so pumped for xbox live! on this new system.  

Devil - I promise I will say nothing but good things about you in the comments section.    paranoid

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 04:06:51 PM »

My wife is scoring some major brownie points too because she's not complaining about all of the OT I've been putting in at work to pay for the darn thing!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 04:31:08 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

Awesome!  biggrin

Ahhh!  I remember way back during the build up to the first Xbox launch.    You and I were Xbox staunch defenders together Hetz.   Before the elections.... before the politics....    

Remember that?   Here we are again at long last.    Back in the day my wife and I were newly married and lived in a small house an hour south of where I live now.      I remember her watching in awe as I cranked up Halo for the first time....  she enjoyed just watching me play it.    

Those were simpler times, and I can't believe it's been as long as it has.
Here's to an upcoming VERY merry christmas!  smile

Ahh, yes. The good ol' days. Time sure flies when you are having fun! smile

I look forward to the more good times as we hold down the Xbox 360 fort this Winter against the horde of Revolution/PS3 fans! slywink

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 04:36:39 PM »

Congratulations, msduncan!  I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for mine... but there're some good ideas here!

Man, I still haven't even preordered mine let alone figured out who or how I am going to pay for it, you lucky bastages!!

Rage, are you any good with kids, lol?  Babysitting pays pretty well these days - check your area to see (our area is $10 to $15 an hour for non-infants, no cleaning, etc.).  When I first became disabled, I picked up a little job, and I'm still seeing the family 6 years later.  I'm taking care of the two "kids" - they're teens now - next week at my house overnight, and they need one ride from school - $100 for that!

And the idea of getting cash, or part payment at EB for a birthday gift,  is something I hadn't thought of.  Lessee, I've paid $55, plus the $100, plus say $50 to $100 for b-day money, that makes the rest "only" $210 to $260 plus tax and EB warranty...  :? Or less, if I give up on actual gift items entirely...  tear

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 05:28:30 PM »

It is nice to see I'm not the only one being totally illogical with buying the 360...

I did preorder with a $50 gift card that was given to me -- and with other store credit, various office pool winnings I think it's down to about $180 out of pocket.  Trying to somehow get that down even further, but explaining to my fiancee that I'm only spending $180 on this results in her having to point out that it -is- still spending $460...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 06:45:03 PM »

JLu just explain to her that her financial wisdom has sunk in, and thus to save even more money you will forgo both the xbox360 and a wedding band costing anything more than $250... from a pawn shop.  see if she changes tunes
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 06:53:33 PM »

Break it down by hours - How many hours of entertainment will you get out of your $460?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 07:43:51 PM »

I will buy an XBOX 360 if I can finance it solely through online poker winnings. Over the past 3-4 months, I've built up 5 bucks to $275. Only $125 to go. Wish me luck!

Also, do you think it's too late to preorder? If so, what's my best bet for getting a system on launch day?
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 07:53:21 PM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
JLu just explain to her that her financial wisdom has sunk in, and thus to save even more money you will forgo both the xbox360 and a wedding band costing anything more than $250... from a pawn shop.  see if she changes tunes

Oh it isn't anything remotely like she is trying to tell me I shouldn't (or even 'can't') get it.  I'm the one who is more worried about money.  She just wouldn't let me convince myself that I was only spending $200 on it because that is all that will be coming out of my checking account.

I already realized my earlier logic to wait a year for a $50 price drop was absurd for the enjoyment I'll get out of it.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: