http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 12:33:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 - Design seen?  (Read 4113 times)
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2005, 05:28:13 PM »

From here...

Take it with a grain of salt, as always....

Xbox 360: design seen, name confirmed

British sources have confirmed that the next generation Xbox is indeed called Xbox 360, that the logo is a simple, round nexus, and that the console itself has a concave design. And it's white. Maybe.

Many rumours have been circulating in the past months regarding Microsoft's next generation system, but let us now lay them all the rest. The name of Xbox's successor is Xbox 360, we can confirm, and the design of the machine is indeed a concave shape.

Speaking under conditions of strict anonymity, a British source privy to Microsoft's marketing documents has today confirmed the machine's name and previously rumoured details of the actual design.

The machine can stand upright and hollows in at the middle, like it's "sucking in its cheeks," our source told us today. Previous rumours had put the console as silver, although fresh information says the final design may be white. It's impossible to tell from the documents, the source went on to say.

According to the source, the rumoured slot for the hard drive - which was apparently at the top of the machine - is not obvious on the document, and the person was unable to clarify where the slot for discs actually appeared.

The logo is described as a simple, round nexus with "Xbox 360" written inside it. Previous rumours had simply the numbers "360" in the disc.

Microsoft will show the console for the first time in a half-hour special on MTV on May 12, a week ahead of E3. The company's press conference, on Monday, May 16, will be the first viewing of the console to the trade en bloc.

Xbox 360 is expected to receive a global release in late 2005.

When contacted today, Microsoft simply said that it does not comment on rumours and speculation relating to next generation product.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 05:37:07 PM »

Honestly, I'm not hot on Xbox 360 unless there is something with the console/controller that relates to 360 in some way, shape or form.

I think Xbox Next is the best name that has been floating around...or NeXtbox, although that eliminates Xbox as a key word in the title.

Xbox 360 just doesn't sound that exciting honestly.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 06:05:32 PM »

Speaking under conditions of strict anonymity, a British source...

That right there requires another three levels of confirmation before I'll even pay attention to it. biggrin And I agree with Loren - XBox 360 as a name is teh lame. :roll:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 06:06:40 PM »

I hope that even with the concave design, its still flat on the top and bottom so that it can be stacked if necessary with other home theater components.  

I, too, think Xbox 360 is a rather silly title.  My understanding is that MS didn't want the public perception that PS3 > Xbox 2 so they came up with this.  It could also be a shot at Nintendo, whose next console is codenamed Revolution.  

There was a recent report though that said Sony might also forgo the consecutive numbering scheme too for the PS3.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 06:13:48 PM »

Yeah, I know about the public perception thing and I can understand it.  But Xbox Next doesn't have a 2 in it, you know?  And counteracting Revolution with 360?  360 would be a total circle, meaning they are going the same way...they should call it Xbox 180 if they want to make it feel as if they're going in a different direction (Revolution...get it?).

That's me though, I'll still buy the system probably, but I'm not real excited about the name if it turns out to be 360.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 06:30:19 PM »

It sounded a little goofy at first, but XBox 360 has really grown on me, and I think it's almost certain that is the final name.  As for being white, I just can't see it.  Ugly green and black is synonymous with the XBox, and I can't see them dumping something that is so closely tied to them.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 06:36:39 PM »

The controllers are almost certain to be white.  Those potential pics in the other thread aside, the brief glimpses of the controller on Our Colony seem to indicate a white-ish controller.

White console doesn't surprise me- I'm sure its heavily influenced by the iPod (and indeed I've even seen the color for Xbox 360 referenced as "iPod white").  

My primary concern with white (other than sticking out like a sore thumb in the entertainment center) is dust/dirt showing up a lot easier, particularly on controllers that will be handled all the time.  I'm also worried about yellowing of the console as it ages but maybe that can be avoided depending on the material.

I did get a kick out of this comment on Gaming Age:

Launching early to get extra sales, underpowered to the upcoming Sony console, efficient design, white color. Sounds like another console which released a year before the PS2...! MS should just call this the Dreamcast 2.0 and be done with the name game!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 07:18:51 PM »

Ever heard of an unpainted prototype?  There is no way in hell they'd ship a white console...

It worked so well for Sega.    :roll:

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 07:21:29 PM »

My primary concern with white (other than sticking out like a sore thumb in the entertainment center) is dust/dirt showing up a lot easier, particularly on controllers that will be handled all the time.

Amen.  Seems like a bad choice, overall.  For a handheld device that you don't actually hold that often, great, but for a unit in an otherwise black or silver cabinet?  Boo.  And every nook of that controller is going to be filled with that icky black stuff that develops over time.

As for the name, I think it's stupid, but I'll get used to it.

My real concern is that it's looking more and more like there will be no backwards compatibility.  I know some people don't care, but there are some of us for whom this is a deal breaker (you try convincing my wife that I need a new console instead of an upgrade).  Also, given that both Sony and Nintendo have announced backwards compatibility in their next gen consoles, I think it's a big mistake.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »

many people thought Playstation sounded too "kiddie like" when they first heard it.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 09:05:48 PM »

I think it will be white. It will stand out and demand to be notice. The only reason why the dreamcast failed was because the gaming press had crowd the ps2 king even before it was off the drawing boards.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 09:10:41 PM »

"Xbox 360 - Come full circle"  

"Xbox 360 - Really, going nowhere."

"Xbox 360 - One revolution, back to the start"

"Xbox 360 - Back where we started"

I don't know I can't see the great ads for the 360.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »

The name is too teenager'ish for me.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 10:25:06 PM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"
I think it will be white. It will stand out and demand to be notice. The only reason why the dreamcast failed was because the gaming press had crowd the ps2 king even before it was off the drawing boards.

Almost seems like fate, white console that's released too early...

*cue* twilight zone theme*cue*

Imagine a console, one that should be very powerful, released way too early in it's predecessors life cycle. Imagine, if you will, a company, one that has bled too much money in trying to enter the home entertainment market, and now is going to try and cash in by releasing their next hardware sooner than usual...

As you can tell I am not excited for the next Xbox, maybe if it was next year, but right now it all seems WAY to early, I refuse to support a company that wants to cut my hardware's life by almost a year and a half. On top of that the pretty much fact that it is not backwards compatible bugs me too. Good luck to you early adopters, I will definately watch with baited breath, because I have been wrong oh so many times before, and I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong again.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 10:50:20 PM »

Is there some reason you can't use your current Xbox after the new one is released?  Or has Lord Gates cooked up a devious scheme that will cause Xbox Live to upload a massive surge of power to every Xbox in existence on the release date of the new console, melting every single one into a pile of black and green goo?

And as far as drawing parallels to the Dreamcast.  Microsoft has virtually unlimited funds.  Sony cannot bury them with 66 BAZILLION POLYGON EMOTION ENGINE!!11 hype/nonsense the way they did with Sega.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 10:53:49 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
My real concern is that it's looking more and more like there will be no backwards compatibility.  I know some people don't care, but there are some of us for whom this is a deal breaker (you try convincing my wife that I need a new console instead of an upgrade).  Also, given that both Sony and Nintendo have announced backwards compatibility in their next gen consoles, I think it's a big mistake.

microsoft's middle name is 'planned obsolesence'. it's the cornerstone of their empire... & it sucks...

Quote from: "Laner"
Is there some reason you can't use your current Xbox after the new one is released?  Or has Lord Gates cooked up a devious scheme that will cause Xbox Live to upload a massive surge of power to every Xbox in existence on the release date of the new console, melting every single one into a pile of black and green goo?

or what if, like me, you don't already own an xbox?... being able to play ps1 (which i also didn't have) games on a ps2 was a big part of my decision to get one...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 11:08:30 PM »

Laner, backwards compatability is important to me because it save me space in the entertainment center, I don't have enough room for all my machines to fit in there, so it would allow me to not have to consider a rather large hunk of black plastic when I could have a nice looking white one that plays all the old games too...

Also, any Dreamcast references by me were Tongue in Cheek... they are odd though... so very odd...

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 11:10:09 PM »

Quote from: "semiconscious"
Quote from: "Bullwinkle"

microsoft's middle name is 'planned obsolesence'. it's the cornerstone of their empire... & it sucks...

Very true on this, but here's the difference between an OS that's on 95% of the world's computers, and a console that's #2 on the market by a wide margin - console gamers are a very different breed courtesy of Sony. Everyone was used to buying entirely new hardware with each successive Nintendo console, but once Sony said, "Sure you can play those old PlayStation games on the PS2!" we were all sold on backwards-compatibility. That was the first time it was done, so far as I know (and excluding GameBoys), and if Microsoft wants to shorten console life spans by a good margin just because they want to be first and will sacrifice an existing library of titles to do it, consolers are going to be pissed.

Even more so when the official spec sheet hits for the PS3 and "backwards compatible" is listed first. I have never and will never buy a console the first year of is existance for many reasons, but if MS insists (and this is all pure speculation until they officially announce/unveil next month) on not being backwards compatible, they lost my sale until there are more killer titles available than I can count.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 11:11:25 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

I have so many consoles and electronics so inputs are limited.  Especially if using component inputs, which I am.  Sure I can get a switchbox, but component switchboxes are expensive and that doesn't negate-

-the fact that space in my entertainment center is already limited too.    Especially considering the size of the original Xbox.  If I had to drag out an original PS1 everytime I wanted to play those games then I would have played a lot less PS1 games this generation (and I've played quite a few).  

Its not a deal breaker for me.  However I find that as I get older I am replaying games more often than I did before and graphics are starting to mean less to me.  Both of those make backwards compatibility a very attractive feature.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 11:23:23 PM »

Didn't Sega have an adaptor that allowed you to play Master System games on the Genesis?

I'm going to agree that not being backwards compatible is a real bummer.  The problem I have is that 1) the Xbox is huge 2) another composite/internet cable to plug somewhere.  Sure, it's not the end of the world but I know that my PS1 titles still got played when the PS2 came out.  Not so with other consoles.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 11:24:27 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Everyone was used to buying entirely new hardware with each successive Nintendo console, but once Sony said, "Sure you can play those old PlayStation games on the PS2!" we were all sold on backwards-compatibility. That was the first time it was done, so far as I know (and excluding GameBoys)

I'm not sure if it was the first one, but the Atari 7800 could play 2600 games, not that it helped much.

DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 01:12:22 AM »

Yeah I'm hoping that Xbox 360 will be backwards compatible too.  Mainly because I hold out hope that I could then replay Halo 2 and avoid all that nasty texture pop that we had to endure with it on the Xbox.

But not a deal breaker for me if it's not. As long as the price stays in line with the rumors we've heard - I'll definetly pick one up when they come out (and definetly would spring the extra cash if they offered one with a HD).

I'll also buy the PS3 when it's released too mainly because I'm fascinated by the idea of this Cell processor.

Nintendo's Revolution hasn't really captured my imagination yet though, but I'm definetly hoping they do come out with something that will. I know I'll get it eventually - but unless they do something to capture my imagination about the gaming possibilities with their next gen - I may wait till they announce a price drop or two or until they release their first really hot system-selling game.

And I hope no one thinks I'm nintendo-bashing or anything - Because i'm not.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 02:11:50 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"

Almost seems like fate, white console that's released too early...

*cue* twilight zone theme*cue*

Imagine a console, one that should be very powerful, released way too early in it's predecessors life cycle. Imagine, if you will, a company, one that has bled too much money in trying to enter the home entertainment market, and now is going to try and cash in by releasing their next hardware sooner than usual...

As you can tell I am not excited for the next Xbox, maybe if it was next year, but right now it all seems WAY to early, I refuse to support a company that wants to cut my hardware's life by almost a year and a half. On top of that the pretty much fact that it is not backwards compatible bugs me too. Good luck to you early adopters, I will definately watch with baited breath, because I have been wrong oh so many times before, and I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong again.

What a tremendous suprise  :roll: I guess the fact that it looks like the new XBox will be graphically leaps and bounds beyond anything we see now doesn't appeal to you at all? Or that developers will surely flock there as they did for the first XBox, because yknow, unlike some other consoles, its actually pretty easy to code? Did you ever even consider giving a new XBox product a chance?
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 02:17:54 AM »

Or did you ever consider pulling your head out of your ass and looking at my next post and realizing that I was playing around...

My main reason for no interest in the Next Box is that it doesn't seem to be backwards compatible, I await to being surprised, and like I said above, I hope I am, but thanks for not reading the entire thread.

It's funny, when I typed that post I knew most people would get that I was being retarded and trying to be funny, but I also knew that you or hetz or someone else would fly off on it. I don't care about which system is the best, I only care which one gives me the most entertainment value, and backwards compatibility plays a big part in that.

And if you can't tell I don't appreciate the quasi-attack, I don't care which system or company or whatever is the best anymore, and it doesn't seem that you can accept that. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells sometimes because several people here will fly off, it's like it's a sin to make a joke, or state that you dislike the "popular" platform without getting labelled a fanboy or getting your opinion treated like it's shit. I've put the past message board crap(from gonegold) in the past, and that's where it should stay, I'm not the same poster that I was over 3 freaking years ago but it seems I can't live down that past...

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 02:31:18 AM »

One word...Yikes! You guys get me all stressed out. Let`s all just chill out. Pirty please :wink: .
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 02:34:36 AM »

well I'm not the one busting someone elses balls about having an opinion on a video game system, I try to be chill... I just get tired of getting the same responses in the same threads, and having to post the same replies over and over and over and over and over...

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 03:38:10 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
well I'm not the one busting someone elses balls about having an opinion on a video game system, I try to be chill... I just get tired of getting the same responses in the same threads, and having to post the same replies over and over and over and over and over...

I wasn`t saying you were, and my comment wasn`t directed at anyone specifically. I just see way too much bitching going on around here, and everywhere really. Just a simple comment directed at humans in general, that`s all :wink: .
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 03:42:15 AM »

I thought Tebunker's initial joke was funny...

I agree with him though - the same old threads/attacks/etc. we had the last time the big 3 consoles were released seem to be creeping up again, and I for one am getting sick of it already.  /set_rant 0

With that out of the way, I have to say that possibly funky astetics aside the stuff we've heard about the 360 is shaping up to be really good.  Widespread HDTV support, downloadable demos(!), and a streamlined controller - all good stuff.

For some reason everytime I hear Xbox 360 I think of that old Ah-nuld movie:

Tony Vivaldi: What is this, Benedict? First you're my friend; now you turn a... 360 on me!
Benedict: 180, you stupid, spaghetti-slurping cretin - *180*! If I did a 360, I'd go completely around and end up back where I started!
Tony Vivaldi: What?
Benedict: Trust me!
*shoots him*

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2005, 03:45:33 AM »

I don`t like the name, but I really don`t care about it *that* much. Backward compatibility would be nice, and I`m sure I`d ditch the old xbox and just use this new one, but I`ll be fine either way. I definately like HD games, and more Live! features etc. I think(other than the name maybe) that they are headed in the right direction, that`s for sure.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2005, 04:58:11 AM »

Lets all bitch about the system and doom it again. Sounds like when the xbox was launched. Xbox is a competitor now, lets all deal with it and be happy for competition. Oh no, its going to be like the dreamcast!!! No!!!!!!!!!! White means it is doomed, so does launching before sony!!!! Yeah right...

We dont know anything really about any of the systems. This thread makes me laugh, and I would say the same thing about a PS3 thread where people said the system was doomed, or a N revolution thread of the same sort.

:roll:
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2005, 05:10:36 AM »

The name's pretty lame--of course, everyone's just going to call it the XBox 2, so what's it really matter beyond when you have to cringe and tell the EBGames dude that you want an "XBox 360."

I'm very much liking the backwards compatibility of the Xbox 2, mainly because I never owned an XBox for a long period of time.  By the time 2 hits, many of the titles I wanted to play might be cheap...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2005, 07:34:43 AM »

I'm very much liking the backwards compatibility of the Xbox 2, mainly because I never owned an XBox for a long period of time. By the time 2 hits, many of the titles I wanted to play might be cheap...

Huh?  So far every indication is that its *not* backwards compatible.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2005, 06:39:13 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
I'm very much liking the backwards compatibility of the Xbox 2, mainly because I never owned an XBox for a long period of time. By the time 2 hits, many of the titles I wanted to play might be cheap...

Actually, almost all the latest "rumors" which of course means absolutely nothing, have indicated that it likely IS backwards compatible. Of course, we will probably go back and forth about this in the rumors unless MS officially gives us an answer at E3.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2005, 06:42:50 PM »

...or May 12th.  I would think they will give an overview of it (including backwards compatibility) on MTV and a more detailed spec in their pre-E3 briefing on Monday.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2005, 06:50:04 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Actually, almost all the latest "rumors" which of course means absolutely nothing, have indicated that it likely IS backwards compatible. Of course, we will probably go back and forth about this in the rumors unless MS officially gives us an answer at E3.

Where are these rumors you speak of?  I haven't seen anything  to indicate that at the repository for all of game rumors, Gaming-Age, and they have several insiders there who tend to be pretty in the know.

The most I've heard is that if backwards compatiblity is possible it will require the rumored harddrive add-on.  But many think there are larger barriers to backwards compatibility than just a harddrive.  Primarily switching from Nvidia to ATI and subsequent issues with Xbox games that used proprietary Nvidia code.  As well as the fact that Xbox 2 isn't very similar to Xbox on an architecture level and lacks the power for straight up emulation.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2005, 07:27:39 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Where are these rumors you speak of?  I haven't seen anything  to indicate that at the repository for all of game rumors, Gaming-Age, and they have several insiders there who tend to be pretty in the know.

The most I've heard is that if backwards compatiblity is possible it will require the rumored harddrive add-on.  But many think there are larger barriers to backwards compatibility than just a harddrive.  Primarily switching from Nvidia to ATI and subsequent issues with Xbox games that used proprietary Nvidia code.  As well as the fact that Xbox 2 isn't very similar to Xbox on an architecture level and lacks the power for straight up emulation.

Ok, I want to say I read one article at Eurogamer with a supposed "insider" a few weeks ago, and one edition of Gamespots Truth or Rumors with an insider also indicated backwards compatibility. That is honestly the latest two rumors I remember indicated it-so yeah, the balance is still against us!! biggrin
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2005, 08:44:12 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
The name's pretty lame--of course, everyone's just going to call it the XBox 2, so what's it really matter beyond when you have to cringe and tell the EBGames dude that you want an "XBox 360."

the new xbox

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2005, 08:48:51 PM »

Backwards compatibility is overrated outside of the hardcore gaming crowd.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2005, 09:39:14 PM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
Backwards compatibility is overrated outside of the hardcore gaming crowd.

You've obviously never sat in a game store and listened to the everyday customer, I would say that Backwards compatibility is more important to the average joe and jane off the street than it ever will be to the hardcore gamer.

When I worked at EB, customers used to complain non-stop about how Nintendo never let you play your old games.

Backwards compatibility really help the GBA get started, it's holding the DS up for right now, and gave the PS2 an edge at launch because of the weak launch titles.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2005, 03:01:22 AM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
...or May 12th.  I would think they will give an overview of it (including backwards compatibility) on MTV and a more detailed spec in their pre-E3 briefing on Monday.

I agree. If backwards-compatible isn't one of the first things addressed to the public at large, then Microsoft is very, very stupid. Lot of pretty pictures and loud noises will get attention, but that's something they should address right up front. "First, you'll be able to play all your old XBox games on the XBox 360. But when you see our new line-up and just what the new box is capable of, you won't want to." There's their opening statement if MS is smart. biggrin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: