http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 11:32:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 Computer Monitor Cable  (Read 698 times)
Graham
Managing Editor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2005, 08:10:47 AM »

Has anyone purchased the Xbox 360 VGA computer monitor cable that lets you hook up your Xbox 360 to your computer monitor  I am considering purchasing this, but I wanted to get some feedback from someone who has already gotten it.

Any thoughts?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 08:21:05 AM »

I have one and it works great.  My monitor actually supports VGA as well as other formats and the VGA port was open, allowing me to have it plugged in to both PC and XB 360 at the same time.   If  yours does not you will need to buy an adaptor that will split allow two inputs to share one port. The XB looks great on it with no issues.  MS also nicely includes an adaptor for audio that takes the two RCA audio cables and turns them into one headphone jack type adaptor that is common on computer speaker sets.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 11:54:46 AM »

How long is the audio adapter cable?  My pc audio port is a good 4 feet from my monitor.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 03:41:40 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
How long is the audio adapter cable?  My pc audio port is a good 4 feet from my monitor.

You can get an extension for a few bucks at Radio Shack. I also bought one of those adapters to combine the 2, then an extension to run it the sound into the line in port on my Audigy2 card so it can do the dolby surround processing.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 04:31:06 PM »

What sort of monitors are you running this on?  Widescreen or regular aspect ratio?

Mine (Dell 1905FP) runs natively at 1280x1024.  I'm wondering if the image would be stretched or if it adds black bars to keep the 360's resolution intact.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 05:47:34 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
What sort of monitors are you running this on?  Widescreen or regular aspect ratio?

Mine (Dell 1905FP) runs natively at 1280x1024.  I'm wondering if the image would be stretched or if it adds black bars to keep the 360's resolution intact.

Im using a gateway widescreen. With the vga adapter connected, it should give you a range of resolution options.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: