http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 01:53:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 anyone??  (Read 806 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:54:02 PM »

We've got tons available!! All you need to do is come to Japan and pick one up.  Considering the prices that they're going for on Ebay, it might not actually be such a bad deal when you throw in the cost of the plane ticket.
I was on the hunt for PSP's yesterday so I went into Ikebukero to the local BicCamera to check out some prices.  On the floor they had this little island of 360's and another tiny cart full of Xbox games and one more tiny section of Xboxes and games and controllers.  And they were all drawing as much interest as this display is.  In this particular store, there were thousands of Japanese people checking out PSP's, PS2's, Gamecubes and DS's (this is an hyperbole) and exactly no one checking out any of the 360 areas (this is not a hyperbole.)  I'm convinced that in Japan, the 360 will do no better than the Xbox did.  This is not Microsoft's fault (mostly,) Japanese people are just biased against any console systems that are not Japanese.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 12:16:11 AM »

Please don't tease me like that Canuck!  I've been unsuccessful in my attempts today at catching any of the online retail bundles because I'm too slow with my mouse trigger finger (and running out to my car at work to fetch my credit card didn't help speed up the process either).
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 01:04:29 AM »

You may be right...but let's wait until some titles from Q (99 Nights), Mistwalker (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Cry On), and some other Japanese games start to hit. I mean...after all, it launched over there with what...6 titles?

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 07:02:39 AM »

Yep, they'll need more Japanese oriented games, and they've signed up quite a few Japanese developers.

Too bad the Japanese 360 is on a different standard (damn country formats!).
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 01:43:47 PM »

The 360 will do well if they can come up with a few games which have the player look up young girls skirts.  That is really lacking from the original Xbox and I think that is what hurt them in Japan.

More upskirting = sucess!

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 02:19:46 PM »

Canuck, you just reminded me what a lucky, lucky man you are, living in Japan. slywink
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 02:26:05 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Canuck, you just reminded me what a lucky, lucky man you are, living in Japan. slywink

Are you talking about the Xbox's or the highschool girls in tiny skirts?

I suppose I could be considered lucky for either one biggrin
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 02:40:47 PM »

Among many other things. :p

Let's just say that if I ever get the opportunity to go to Japan, and don't have to worry overmuch about how I'm paying for it, I'm diving at the chance.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 02:45:38 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
The 360 will do well if they can come up with a few games which have the player look up young girls skirts.  That is really lacking from the original Xbox and I think that is what hurt them in Japan.

More upskirting = sucess!

That and a rpg with little characters with huge eyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: