http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 07:34:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XBLA Texas Hold 'Em free for download right now!!  (Read 2518 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 12:47:09 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on August 24, 2006, 12:34:16 AM

Mine downloaded in about 10 minutes earlier...

It's a fun game, something that is very nice to have for free, but something I'd be a little "eeeeh" if I were to pay for it.  The music, while a nice idea, gets sooooo irritating by about the 10th minute...

*aherm*. Custom Soundtracks.  unibrow  retard slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 02:08:19 PM »

What all gets turned off when you turn off animations? 

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2006, 05:34:57 AM »

Well, I think that I am done with this.  I was just messing around tonight and since it is only play money, lost about 250,000.  That is the problem, I am not a gambler (as you can tell), so I just go all in, and lose.  Woops.......

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2006, 09:50:11 AM »

Missed picking this up while it was free.  No way in hell I'm paying 800pts for poker.

Of course I don't care for poker anyway.   icon_biggrin

Pikachu, I Blame you!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2006, 02:08:52 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 25, 2006, 02:08:19 PM

What all gets turned off when you turn off animations? 
During the deal, cards just appear in front of the players instead of sliding across the table (although they're still "dealt" one at a time).  Instead of the chips flying into the air and landing in the pile in the middle, they just disappear from the player positions and appear in the center.  Can't think of anything else.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »

the delays seemed about the same to me when I turned off animations.  That's why I turned them back on. 
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2006, 06:44:16 PM »

I understand the need for a player, when first sitting down at a table, to wait until they are the big blind, but there are definitely problems with how the game does it. I sat down at a table with 3 other players and had to wait two hands until I was the big blind. That's fine. But then someone sat down after me and the game placed them in a position at the table to be the big blind before me. So then I had to wait an additional hand before I was the big blind and could join the game. That's just sloppy.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2006, 07:47:21 PM »

I joined  a table and was "next hand" to join.  Well, two people left the table at the end of the hand, and somehow that made it four hands more for me to join.  I'm not sure what the logic was, I think since the small blind person left, they couldn't make me the BB or the person now to my right would have the SB two hands in a row?

Hell I'd have happily paid both the big and the small blind to get in instead of waiting for a whole 'nother round. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: