http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 07:59:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X3 Reunion: WHATS UP DUDE!  (Read 1549 times)
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2005, 06:47:36 PM »

X3: Reunion is gold.  I've got mine on preorder so I get the nerdy T-SHIRT!  YEAH!  

Anyone else excited?

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 06:57:42 PM »

Actually yea.  I enjoyed the X games and this one looks pretty stellar.  I didn't pre-order so no nerd-bait for me. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 07:12:58 PM »

I really enjoyed X2, but given that previews of X3 written as recently as September 26th were still reporting major game-stopping bugs, I have some serious concerns about the new one.

From PC.IGN.COM's 9/26/05 preview:

More important than the ability to quickly move from barter to navigation menus is the ability to delegate disparate orders to members of a fleet spread across the breadth of the universe... But we didn't actually get to do any of that.

X3, you see, still needs a fair bit of work before it releases later this year on PC. Right now our current build didn't allow us to dig too deeply into any single component of the game. The interface freaked out constantly, functions seemed to spontaneously switch themselves up, and we even experienced very serious performance hiccups on the most ridiculously powerful machines.

Obviously these issues will have to be resolved before launch, but they were big enough to forbid us from really experiencing X3 in any significant detail, and since X3 is a game that must be experienced in depth to appreciate, we're kind of boned until a new build comes around. So please look for more info when we get the latest burn.

Eleven days is an awfully short time to go from demonstrating a completely broken version of a game to sending that same game into production.  I'll have to wait for reviews on this one...it's a shame because I had a ton of fun with the last one.  frown

-Autistic Angel
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 07:36:20 PM »

I'm excited about this one.  But after reading that, I will wait to hear what you guys have to say before buying.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 07:53:37 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
I really enjoyed X2, but given that previews of X3 written as recently as September 26th were still reporting major game-stopping bugs, I have some serious concerns about the new one.

More important than the ability to quickly move from barter to navigation menus is the ability to delegate disparate orders to members of a fleet spread across the breadth of the universe... But we didn't actually get to do any of that.

X3, you see, still needs a fair bit of work before it releases later this year on PC. Right now our current build didn't allow us to dig too deeply into any single component of the game. The interface freaked out constantly, functions seemed to spontaneously switch themselves up, and we even experienced very serious performance hiccups on the most ridiculously powerful machines.

Obviously these issues will have to be resolved before launch, but they were big enough to forbid us from really experiencing X3 in any significant detail, and since X3 is a game that must be experienced in depth to appreciate, we're kind of boned until a new build comes around. So please look for more info when we get the latest burn.

Eleven days is an awfully short time to go from demonstrating a completely broken version of a game to sending that same game into production.  I'll have to wait for reviews on this one...it's a shame because I had a ton of fun with the last one.  frown

-Autistic Angel

Hmmm I hope they actually saw the game way earlier and didn't write the article until a month or two later. frown   I hadn't seen that preview yet.  My parade sees clouds.

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 08:50:41 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"

-Autistic Angel

And that means Calvin is....OUT!! I really want to like this game. i was really hoping it would have the good of X2 with all the bad fixed, an actual flight/combat model, and more X goodness. But that preview (11 days ago!!) sounds awful. I won't be buying this until a price drop or patch.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 09:07:48 PM »

Hmmm depends really... I've seen systems go from "total freak out mode" to "perfectly stable" with the change of one line of code, but yeah, all things being equal that doesn't sound too promising.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 09:28:07 PM »

I've had this pre-ordered from Gogamer for about a month.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that they might make their Oct. 17th date. Especially considering that with the earlier iterations, they were not shy about pushing them back months upon months.

Nevertheless, these fellows are one of the last Space Sim creators, so um... Where was I going with this, again? Uh... hope they fix those bugs!

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 11:50:50 PM »

I've been looking for a good space sim, and hopefully this one is it (provided it's not as bad as IGN says it was).

BTW, where did you hear it was gold?  I'm surprised no other site has mentioned it yet.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 01:38:31 AM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
I've had this pre-ordered from Gogamer for about a month.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that they might make their Oct. 17th date. Especially considering that with the earlier iterations, they were not shy about pushing them back months upon months.

Nevertheless, these fellows are one of the last Space Sim creators, so um... Where was I going with this, again? Uh... hope they fix those bugs!

It seems clear that they are making their release date by not fixing all the bugs in the game unfortunately frown
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 12:49:42 PM »

Quote from: "Jack Burton"
X3: Reunion is gold.  I've got mine on preorder so I get the nerdy T-SHIRT!  YEAH!  

Anyone else excited?

Uhm, where did you hear that it went gold? As far as I know it's still in the middle of beta testing with no announced release date.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 05:00:17 PM »

Ill let this one wait till a drop in price or good reviews. The first one was geat but the second one was a ripoff. Looked great and played well but was not really a game. Was justa tutorial then it ended. Way too short. Just when I thought to myself "ok now it gets good" it turned out to be the last mission.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 09:10:27 PM »

So..ok, is it actually gold or not?
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 01:04:54 AM »

Well, unless Egosoft forgot to let their forum community know about X3 going gold, I'm going to go ahead and say 'not bloody likely'. And, considering the state of the game based on impressions listed above, that's a good thing.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 06:57:37 PM »

Quote from: "Elenkis"
Quote from: "Jack Burton"

Anyone else excited?

Uhm, where did you hear that it went gold? As far as I know it's still in the middle of beta testing with no announced release date.

Hmmm... Where did I hear that.  I don't remember.  The release date is set for 10/17/05 (according to online sellers) but we all know how accurate they are.  I DID see that it went gold SOMEWHERE, maybe a bunch of BS though?

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 02:15:42 AM »

A voice in my head told me that DNF went gold.

X3 will be out sometime in November as to make the holiday rush although it probably doesn't matter for the type of game it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: