http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 11:15:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Men Legends Review  (Read 1255 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2004, 07:30:41 PM »

Well, I've posted my review of X-Men Legends for the Xbox, so in CG tradition, this post is to discuss any thoughts about my review or the game itself.

Personally, I found it a pretty fun single player title, but it's far more fun with a few friends over thanks to the pretty stupid AI in your teammates.

Any questions or thoughts? Ask away. It's a boring day at work, so I need something to talk about. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 10:21:44 PM »

I'll second the co-op mode fun!  I've had a blast with it by myself, but it really gets interesting with 2 or 3 other people playing alongside you.  The cries of 'watch where you're throwing that barrel!' and 'I was going to kill that!' are quite amusing.

If only my job would give me credit for selling copies of x-men legends my numbers would look better than they currently do.  biggrin

Travis

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 11:15:20 PM »

Played through the whole game with three other people over the course of a week and we all had an absolute blast (and got little sleep some nights). Looking forward to the sequel already smile

Oh, and we hardly touched Wolverine after the first couple of missions. Most of the time our group consisted of Storm, Cyclops (or Jean Grey), Iceman and Colossus (before Colossus it was Rogue) who all reached level 39-40. We found that the game did get rediculously easy (especially with Storm), but was still a lot of fun.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 11:18:24 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
I'll second the co-op mode fun!  I've had a blast with it by myself, but it really gets interesting with 2 or 3 other people playing alongside you.  The cries of 'watch where you're throwing that barrel!' and 'I was going to kill that!' are quite amusing.

That and some special combos like the Fastball Special (take a melee powerhouse like Rogue or Colossus and throw another character, especially Wolverine) are hard to pull off in single player.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Zagreus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 11:35:15 PM »

is there a level cap?

if I can level up in the "training room" I'm a little concerned about maxing out my characters before finishing the game.

Zagreus sits inside your head
Zagreus lives among the dead
Zagreus sees you in your bed
And eats you when you're sleeping!
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 11:43:56 PM »

It can be a fun game but it can also be frustrating.  I can handle the 'twitch' aspect when I am only controlling a single character but four can frantic.  Your  computer controlled teammates are pretty good but I would rather play Freedom Force.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 01:49:50 AM »

Quote from: "Zagreus"
is there a level cap?

if I can level up in the "training room" I'm a little concerned about maxing out my characters before finishing the game.

I don't think there is. I had to redo some missions in the Training Room a few times, and gained a ton of exp as a result, but while I needed an absolute ton of exp to gain the next level (in the millions, easily), I never hit any kind of cap.

DCW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 07:34:10 AM »

I thought the review was very well done! I'm pretty much in agreement with what you've said, considering I'm only past the first real mission right now slywink For some reason I LOVE these "dungeon crawlers" on the Xbox - Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Fallout, the D&D Heroes game - I love 'em all. Thanks for a solid review, but as soon as I heard "along the lines of Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath" I was off to Gamestop with money in hand.
Quipp
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 01:08:31 PM »

Nice review, Destructor. I don't know if I'll be picking this up immediately but it will probably make the Chritmas list. It looks like it would be fun to play co-op with my brother or some friends.
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 01:45:38 PM »

I hate it when the review doesn't discuss in detail the ingame save mechanics:
- When can you save?
- How often?
- Is it resticted to certain points in the mission?
- How far apart are the saves?

Could you please cover that? :-)

Quote from: "Destructor"
Any questions or thoughts? Ask away. It's a boring day at work, so I need something to talk about. smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: