http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 01:26:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Men Legends - Need help with first Pryo battle  (Read 895 times)
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2004, 02:34:01 PM »

Yep, already stuck.  My life story. *sigh*

I'm already stuck in the first battle with Pryo.  He is just mopping up the floor with my team.  I have Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, and Iceman in my team.  I'm leading with Wolverine and using his Powerclaw (?) and constantly clicking the left-trigger to cause the other mutants to help him with their mutant powers as well.  No dice.  Like throwing rice at Pyro.   I'm not even getting his health to half-way before I'm reloading again, and again, and again.

I fail to see why they don't make games with simpler difficult levels.  I typically just stop playing a game when I get stuck.  I've got sooooooooo many to play.  

Can anyone help?
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 02:54:02 PM »

I don't remember anything specific about how I beat Pyro, but one general tactic I found that helped:
For all your AI teammates, switch them to Aggresive and change their power to whatever buff they use (i.e. On Iceman ice armor, Cyclops tactics, etc.) that way, they will always help to attack your main target, and then if you hit the left trigger for help, they will all activate their buff power.  I find that usually increases my teams performance by quite a bit.

You might also try leveling up Rogue as she is a strong melee fighter and can take quite a bit of punishment.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 02:56:01 PM »

1) "...switch them to aggressive"

2) "...change their power to whatever buff they use"

Dude, I've even got the official strategy guide and don't know what you're talking about.  Please enlighten me. :-)

Quote from: "Sepiche"
I don't remember anything specific about how I beat Pyro, but one general tactic I found that helped:
For all your AI teammates, switch them to Aggresive and change their power to whatever buff they use (i.e. On Iceman ice armor, Cyclops tactics, etc.) that way, they will always help to attack your main target, and then if you hit the left trigger for help, they will all activate their buff power.  I find that usually increases my teams performance by quite a bit.

You might also try leveling up Rogue as she is a strong melee fighter and can take quite a bit of punishment.

s
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 03:51:39 PM »

Quote from: "DiamondDecision"

Dude, I've even got the official strategy guide and don't know what you're talking about.  Please enlighten me. :-)

hehe On the same screen as you use to level up your guys each character should have an option to select their AI stance (Defensive, Normal, and Aggressive) and an option to setup what power they use when you call for help (by hitting left trigger).  It should be in the same screen where it shows a characters attributes.

Took me many hours of staring at screens before I even noticed those settings there. smile

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
ohbalto
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 07:14:34 PM »

Here's another good tip:  if you're using Wolverine (and who isn't), don't necessarily waste your power on the *bottom* attack (the big, showy claws).  Instead, use his *buff* attack, which I believe is the left-hand power-up.  It's not an attack but what it does is make his normal attacks significantly more powerful.  Not only does he do more damage, but he attacks faster to boot.  You can always throw in a power attack (for the combo damage), but I know using the buff I wiped the floor with that Aussie wanker.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 10:28:07 PM »

Iceman is the key my friend. Iceman, at least in my case, made every single boss battle in the game absolute cake.  I played as him through 90% of the game. You use your freeze blast, and the boss is stuck moving in slow motion for 5 or 6 seconds. During which you wail on him with almost no risk of damage. Right as the freeze is about to wear off, hit them with it again.

I absolutely mopped the floor with Pyro, Marrow, the Sentinels, etc... all because of Iceman's ice blast attack.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: