http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 01:10:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Men: Destiny  (Read 1409 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »

the X-Men are coming back.  Hopefully it'll be more like X-Men: Legends than X-Men: God of War, but other than that small statement in the news post they haven't said much.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 03:13:27 AM »

IGN has an odd trailer and news that the developer is Silicon Knights.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:52:14 PM »

I love the release date listed on the front page story, it's my favorite number!!!!

Release Date: 12/31/69
Genre: Action/Adventure

Too bad I'll be long dead when it's out.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 08, 2010, 05:52:14 PM

I love the release date listed on the front page story, it's my favorite number!!!!

Release Date: 12/31/69
Genre: Action/Adventure

Too bad I'll be long dead when it's out.

Haha, well we wanted to please you specifically with that one Rittchard slywink No, it's a glitch in our system that sets release dates to that date sometimes.

As far as the game itself, and Silicon Knights being the developer, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 06:30:15 PM »

Given how long Silicon Knights took doing Too Human I'm not sure that date is too far off  icon_twisted

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 01:39:09 AM »

a new teaser with some brief glimpses of the game's world.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:44:56 AM »

The latest Official XBox Magazine has a preview which finally gives some information about the game.  The game is an action-RPG with heavy emphasis on choice and crafting your own mutant.  It takes place in an "alternate near-future" version of San Francisco.  Things aren't going well - Professor X is dead and humans and mutants are bitter enemies.  At the beginning, you pick one of three characters to play as, each with different stats and backstories.  The only one mentioned in the article is Adrian Luca, the mutant-hating son of a "Purifier", who are violent mutant-hunters.  Once you discover you have mutant abilities, you choose between three different power archetypes.  You make choices like this throughout the game that determine what kind of powers you have and what kind of mutant you become.

You'll also be able to modify your powers using the X-Genes of the various X-Men that appear in the game.  Bosses can do the same, and there are enemies called U-Men - humans who have modified themselves with parts taken from mutants.   You'll also have to choose between supporting the X-Men or Magneto's Brotherhood, who are attempting to build an army to fight back against the Purifiers and U-Men.  Your choices are supposed to affect everything in the game, including how the story plays out and what missions and characters you get access to.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 04:20:23 AM »

a bit on the U-Men.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 03:08:48 AM »

The descriptions some are saying are apt, it's like Mass Effect in the X-Men universe, which I like the sound of.

I am very, very glad that games like Bioshock, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect hit it big enough to spawn off new RPG, or RPG-Like games in this market.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »

If this is more like Mass Effect and less like the X-Men Legends style of play (hack-and-slash top-down gameplay with RPG elements) then I am far more interested than I thought I'd be.  My wife seems interested as well since she's a huge X-Men fan.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »

It's being dev'd by Silicon Knights, it's there 1st independent project? I can't see how this won't be using an updated version of the Too Human game engine. I just can't see SK having the $ resources to dev a new game engine from scratch. It that proves to be the case, IMO that isn't too bad a thing, as with a bit more dev time TH could have been a decent game. Even if they're starting from scratch, I'm doubtful it'll play like a Bioware game.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 01:36:32 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on January 08, 2011, 03:44:56 AM

The latest Official XBox Magazine has a preview which finally gives some information about the game.  The game is an action-RPG with heavy emphasis on choice and crafting your own mutant.  It takes place in an "alternate near-future" version of San Francisco.  Things aren't going well - Professor X is dead and humans and mutants are bitter enemies.  At the beginning, you pick one of three characters to play as, each with different stats and backstories.  The only one mentioned in the article is Adrian Luca, the mutant-hating son of a "Purifier", who are violent mutant-hunters.  Once you discover you have mutant abilities, you choose between three different power archetypes.  You make choices like this throughout the game that determine what kind of powers you have and what kind of mutant you become.

You'll also be able to modify your powers using the X-Genes of the various X-Men that appear in the game.  Bosses can do the same, and there are enemies called U-Men - humans who have modified themselves with parts taken from mutants.   You'll also have to choose between supporting the X-Men or Magneto's Brotherhood, who are attempting to build an army to fight back against the Purifiers and U-Men.  Your choices are supposed to affect everything in the game, including how the story plays out and what missions and characters you get access to.

here's another recap but I think you got all the bases covered.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 11:24:07 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on January 10, 2011, 05:40:03 PM

It's being dev'd by Silicon Knights, it's there 1st independent project? I can't see how this won't be using an updated version of the Too Human game engine. I just can't see SK having the $ resources to dev a new game engine from scratch. It that proves to be the case, IMO that isn't too bad a thing, as with a bit more dev time TH could have been a decent game. Even if they're starting from scratch, I'm doubtful it'll play like a Bioware game.
Just guessing from the leaked pics I saw in a youtube clip thats alread felt the wait of Activision I'd saw it is indeed going to feel more like Too Human, but they were only screenshots so seeing it in motion may prove that idea wrong.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 01:44:24 AM »

speaking of those pics......  paranoid

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 02:28:16 AM »

So is this an XBLA title, or full retail?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 02:36:56 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on January 18, 2011, 02:28:16 AM

So is this an XBLA title, or full retail?

full retail.  I'm thinking those are early pics that weren't meant for general consumption just yet.

Because I can,
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 07:15:43 AM »

Not sure if I like the art style.  Gambit looks weird.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 09:15:32 PM »

one of the new characters, Aimi:

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »

The second playable character has been revealed - Grant Alexander, a wannabe football star with what appear to be shockwave/melee powers.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 04:40:40 AM »

Looking at Aimi, are we sure she isn't Dazzler?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 08:20:02 AM »

Ron put together a preview

Because I can,
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »

So no playing as any of the X Men?
Just these 3 "created for the game and will never be seen or heard from ever again" characters?

Gonna eat your face
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 07:09:28 PM »

Quote from: Mikagami on June 07, 2011, 03:18:14 PM

Just these 3 "created for the game and will never be seen or heard from ever again" characters?

While you only play as one of these characters, you can absorb the DNA of the X-Men and Brotherhood mutants and use their powers.  Your character will have innate abilities and can mix and match abilities from the other mutants.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 08:21:15 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 07, 2011, 07:09:28 PM

Quote from: Mikagami on June 07, 2011, 03:18:14 PM

While you only play as one of these characters, you can absorb the DNA of the X-Men and Brotherhood mutants and use their powers.  Your character will have innate abilities and can mix and match abilities from the other mutants.

Ack my post got destroyed...  anyway the gist of it was I actually prefer the idea of brand new characters that you get to shape and mold, and *aren't* already established in the comics.  Why?  Because every game I've played where you control one of the heroes (Marvel UA comes to mind) I'm always disappointed in how the powers are limited to a few choices, and often enough there's a disconnect between how powerful I imagine the characters to be and how they play in the game.  Particularly when you have characters like Phoenix and Storm, for example.  Why the heck are they doing so much melee combat when they could just annhilate anyone they felt like.  Why doesn't Phoenix take advantage of all the cool things one might do with telekinesis, or Storm all the myriad of possibilities she could with the weather?  It starts to bug me when I think about it, but I understand there are limitations based on the game engine.  Creating new/special characters within the engine and who don't come with a ton of expectations and pre-conceptions, but still throwing them in the same canon/universe seems like a great idea to me.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »

you got the power! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uFE_iQh9x4&feature=player_embedded

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »

from that trailer it doesn't look anything special,hopefully a great story can change that...i still want to play the game but i am fine with waiting maybe into the new year

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: