http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 10:40:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Box 360 Launch Games -- my assessment  (Read 1863 times)
Cleric7
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2005, 04:52:59 PM »

Let me start by saying that, as a gamer, I tend to buy into "Hype" pretty easily. It'a fantastic time to be a gamer and I enjoy getting psyched for new games and new systems. I don't have any "brand loyalty" either. I own all the current systems and if the games are good that's all I care about!

Several months ago I prepaid for an X-Box 360 and 4 games at launch. Now, with less than a month to go until launch, I find myself strangely un-excited about the X-Box 360 and it's games. In an effort to try to understand why that is, I decided to take a closer look at each of the launch titles:

1) Kameo -- certainly looks nice, and I think we're supposed to think "Zelda" when we think of the gameplay, but I'm not sure if it will be more than a competent "B" game.

2) Call of Duty 2 -- this does look amazing, but I will be getting it for the PC instead, so it becomes a non-factor for me.

3) Quake 4 -- again this seems better served on the PC. I wasn't thrilled with Doom 3 though, and the ratings for the Quake 4 on the PC are only luke-warm to good, so this is an easy "pass" on the 360.

4) Tony Hawk's American Wasteland -- this franchise is way oversaturated. Zero interest from me!

5) Gun -- I've heard a couple of promising things about this. the setting and storyline certainly have potential, but I need to hear a lot more to get me to lay down my $75 Canadian.

6) Tiger Woods -- EA + first generation titles = garbage (Next year's version will be the one I'll be interested in checking out)

7) Need for Speed: Most wanted -- this could actually be pretty good, but at the prices for X-Box games, there is only room for one racer in my budget and it's not this one.

8] FIFA Soccer -- EA + first generation titles = garbage

9) Madden -- I am so sick of seeing closeups of Donovan McNabb's nostrils!! It's all about gameplay guys and that's the one thing we're not hearing about. Be VERY cautious about this title folks!

10, 11) NBA Live and NBA 2K6 -- I'm not a basketball fan so I have no interest in these, although I've heard some good vibe about 2K6.

12) Amped 3 -- I actually think this may be one of the gems of the 360 launch. Amped 2 was a terrific title and I think this one may surprise a lot of people.

13) Project Gotham Racing 3 -- the surest shot at being a AAA game of any of these. I think Microsoft has taken a lot of care with this one, and I think it will rock!

14) Perfect Dark Zero -- I had my money down on this one for the longest time. I wanted to believe that the early problems were going to be ironed out. But the negative previews continue, and last week I finally had to bail and cancel my preorder for it. I think it will end up being an "OK" game, but not the system-seller that Microsoft wanted it to be.

15) Dead or Alive 4 -- looks excellent but then so did it predecessors. I think fans will likely be pleased. I'm more of a weapons-fighter guy myself (Soul Calibur), so I'll pass.

16) King Kong -- a game based on a movie. Screams "mediocre" (at best!) to me.

17) NHL 2K6 -- this holds promise. I'll be interested in the reviews on this one. But, again, I suspect that when developers have another year to learn these next-generation systems, the sports games are going to be much better.

18] Condemned -- this is the dark horse that I keep hearing good things about. Looks sharp and atmospheric (although I think they need to market it as more than just a "hobo-killer")

19) Ridge Racer 6 -- I love Ridge Racer and the developer has a history of mastering next-generation systems quickly (Ridge Racer on the PSP is sublime). If there were no Project Gotham, my money would be down for this!

and, finally, Oblivion -- the game at the VERY top of my wish-list. This game looks friggin' amazing and it looks like it is friggin' not coming out this year! :evil: I am disappointed, not because there is going to be a short delay, but because I suspect this is going to turn into a major delay that could last many months. (Hope I'm wrong...)

So that's it! Two of the games I was most psyched for have either been postponed or have had disappointing previews (PD0)

As of this moment, I'm left with Kameo (which might or might not be good) and Project Gotham 3 (which likely will be good)

That's frankly not much for me to be excited about! Is anyone else starting to feel the same as me? I have the awful feeling that the smoke and mirrors have started to clear and there's not much left when the air clears...

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 05:01:57 PM »

A couple of things:

1.  I'm confident that Oblivion is coming out when they say it is.  First week of December?  

2.  I think you need to give King Kong a second look.  The demo I played yesterday was fantastic, and I heard that the folks responsible for Beyond Good & Evil are involved.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 05:09:44 PM »

1. When even Hetz is worried it won't be out this year, I get worried! smile

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 06:14:27 PM »

A question, and then comments-
1. Are you sure this is the official list? Has it been leaked somewhere other than the Gamestop list that I haven't seen?

2. Thoughts:

1) Kameo -- graphics look good, gameplay looks fun, I am in!

2) Call of Duty 2 -- Have it on PC, it blows my mind, I love it, but still, would rather play it on PC.

3) Quake 4 -- Have it on PC, rather play it on PC.

4) Tony Hawk's American Wasteland -- Could care less.

5) Gun -- I am not sure this is going to be out for launch, but it does look interesting.

6) Tiger Woods -- EA + first generation titles = this looks really bad, but I really want to like it. Probably rental.

7) Need for Speed: Most wanted -- not interested.

8] FIFA Soccer -- Would rather playing Winning Eleven

9) Madden --Most likley getting it unless reveiws are terrible.

10, 11) NBA Live and NBA 2K6 -- Not interested.

12) Amped 3 -- I think it will look good, but not interested.

13) Project Gotham Racing 3 -- I will most likely get this. It looks absurdly good, and all rumors point towards it being really good.

14) Perfect Dark Zero -- Still excited for this one. I know the graphics are going to be only "1.5", but the gameplay sounds very fun if you play the game the way it is designed to be played (ie, a slower, tactical, semi-stealth FPS rather than run and gun), and I still plan on getting this.

15) Dead or Alive 4 -- Do not care.

16) King Kong -- I am suspicious of this game based on PC demo impressions (I never bothered to play it), but the guy that did Beyond Good and Evil did this..its worth some thought.

17) NHL 2K6 -- No interest, I hate hockey.

18] Condemned -- Industry "friends" say this game is shaping up to be very very very good. If it makes it, I am buying it.

19) Ridge Racer 6 --No interest
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 07:02:44 PM »

Just curious, are there any reviews of the EA games?  Have you played them?  Or is it just based off screen shots and movies you've seen?  I'd agree that maybe they dont fully utilize the system yet, but garbage?  I just dont see that.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 07:06:57 PM »

I had this long write-up about each game written, but decided to not post it, I may infuriate some people biggrin

That said, Condemned really, really looks next-gen and looks really cool.  And PGR3 looks incredible.  The rest I could get on PC or am just not interested in.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 07:11:55 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I had this long write-up about each game written, but decided to not post it, I may infuriate some people biggrin

That said, Condemned really, really looks next-gen and looks really cool.  And PGR3 looks incredible.  The rest I could get on PC or am just not interested in.

Keep drinking the haterade noob!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 07:31:26 PM »

Pass that haterade over here!

I kid I kid!  My justification for not purchasing is that the types of games I like aren't being shown.  Yes they signed some pretty big RPG players in the business, but when I'm shown some screenies of GOOD RPGs (sorry, don't like the Morrowind franchise) and so forth, maybe I'll think about purchasing.

But it just seems like, for the first new wave of games and Xbox 360's first generation, games are going to be slightly better looking.  Out of that list, the only ones I would consider are Kameo and NHL.  But NHL doesn't even look that great.

I'm not hating the system, no, I just need more reasons to buy it!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 07:42:46 PM »

I don't know if there is an official launch list yet. The titles I listed were simply the ones that EB.com has shipping this year.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 08:02:59 PM »

17) NHL 2K6 -- No interest, I hate hockey.

You cut that out RIGHT NOW, Mister!!!

:wink:

I think what's really depressing everyone in here is the thought of Oblivion being delayed.

While it would be the last game I would get at launch, I understand how it is going to sour you guys on the whole 360 experience.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 08:59:11 PM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"
Just curious, are there any reviews of the EA games?  Have you played them?  Or is it just based off screen shots and movies you've seen?  I'd agree that maybe they dont fully utilize the system yet, but garbage?  I just dont see that.

I base it on three things:
1] The poor quality of the first Madden for the PS2
2] The poor quality of the first Tiger Woods and Madden for the PSP (to be fair, some people like the Madden, but it has some glaring bugs, eg. the kicking bug)
3] And most important of all, we are currently being fed a regular diet of screenshots the show every pore of Michael Vick's face but never reference any angle you would actually use during gameplay. I smell a rat here. I want to see an excellent AI in the gameplay and I want to see quality animations. I would bet my house that we're not going to see either of those in the initial Madden for 360.

Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 10:32:21 PM »

I have an X-Box 360 pre-ordered but I am still on the fence.  There's not much, launch wise, that interests me.  PD and Kameo are the only titles that appeal to me for now.   My purchase will probably be decided on the early reviews.

The '06 line up does look promising though.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 01:20:55 AM »

I won't touch any of the EA games because they are pretty feature reduced I believe.  Some don't have the franchise modes with them, and Tiger only has 6 courses I think.  The 360 EA games are like the PSP EA games.  You pay the same money as you would for other systems, but get half the game.

I'm pretty 'blah' about the lineup too, since Oblivion isn't out day one.  If the games I'm playing now are backwards compatible, I'm tempted to just get the system and enjoy the wireless controllers for a bit, and maybe some arcade games.  I may rent a few.

If I had to grab a game, maybe Dead or Alive or PGR3, just to show off the system.  Kameo looks a little to adventure gamish for me.

Gun is the darkhorse for me though.  It could be good.  It is just a souped up XBox game though.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 04:02:46 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"
I won't touch any of the EA games because they are pretty feature reduced I believe.  Some don't have the franchise modes with them, and Tiger only has 6 courses I think.  The 360 EA games are like the PSP EA games.  You pay the same money as you would for other systems, but get half the game.

I'm pretty 'blah' about the lineup too, since Oblivion isn't out day one.  If the games I'm playing now are backwards compatible, I'm tempted to just get the system and enjoy the wireless controllers for a bit, and maybe some arcade games.  I may rent a few.

If I had to grab a game, maybe Dead or Alive or PGR3, just to show off the system.  Kameo looks a little to adventure gamish for me.

Gun is the darkhorse for me though.  It could be good.  It is just a souped up XBox game though.

Whoa!  Which EA game doesnt have a franchise mode?  That would suck.  Good thing it isnt Madden.  Maybe its Live?

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 12:15:21 PM »

Since the game played pretty much exactly the same as last week, let's talk about what features the game does and doesn't have. While there is a 30 seasons Franchise Mode, there isn't an Owner Mode. This means you won't be creating your own stadiums or setting concession prices on the 360. You also won't be creating your own player or your own teams in Madden 06. What you will be doing is engaging in many General Manager-type of tasks like signing, trading, and drafting players along with managing a salary cap.

As you look back over the various seasons of your 30 year Franchise, you'll be able to check the game scores as well as who the players of the game were. As has been mentioned before, the QB vision system has been scaled down, though it is still available to turn on if you'd like. If you don't turn it on, you're still able to use the precision passing system.

Franchise is in, owners mode and some other stuff isn't it appears:

Since the game played pretty much exactly the same as last week, let's talk about what features the game does and doesn't have. While there is a 30 seasons Franchise Mode, there isn't an Owner Mode. This means you won't be creating your own stadiums or setting concession prices on the 360. You also won't be creating your own player or your own teams in Madden 06. What you will be doing is engaging in many General Manager-type of tasks like signing, trading, and drafting players along with managing a salary cap.

As you look back over the various seasons of your 30 year Franchise, you'll be able to check the game scores as well as who the players of the game were. As has been mentioned before, the QB vision system has been scaled down, though it is still available to turn on if you'd like. If you don't turn it on, you're still able to use the precision passing system.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 02:07:42 AM »

1) Kameo -- I played a bit of it at Walmart today. It was pretty cool, but not some huge system seller or anything. I'll probabily get it, just because of the overall weak lineup.

2) Call of Duty 2 -- Have it on PC, not interested in the 360 version

3) Quake 4 -- Have it on PC, not interested.

4) Tony Hawk's American Wasteland -- No way.

5) Gun -- Looks like it could be good, but for $59.99, I'm not buying it.

6) Tiger Woods -- No thanks, not that big a fan of golf.

7) Need for Speed: Most wanted -- From what I have been hearing, it might be the best racer of the bunch, but I'm not that big on racing games, so it's a pass.

8] FIFA Soccer -- no thanks, but I'm sure soccer fans will like it.

9) Madden --Getting it for sure, just because I need next-gen footall and it's the only game in town.

10, 11) NBA Live and NBA 2K6 -- Wasn't that interested at first, but after seeing videos of them in action...woah baby! Getting one of them for sure.

12) Amped 3 -- I loved Amped 1 & 2, not sure about this version though.

13) Project Gotham Racing 3 -- I'll pass. Looks ok, I guess, but once again, I'm not a racing fan.

14) Perfect Dark Zero -- After the HORRIBLE review of the game on the Gaming Steve Podcast during their rooundtable discussion on the 360, I canceled my preorder.

15) Dead or Alive 4 -- Love the series! Looks like more of the same, but that's fine by me! Getting it for sure.

16) King Kong -- No way. I hated the demo.

17) NHL 2K6 -- Not for me.

18] Condemned -- Meh, It looks good visually, but I'm not into this type of game.

19) Ridge Racer 6 --Nope

and one that probabily won't be a launch title now...

20) Oblivion - Will get it most likely, but the whole "half-baked" stuff that Calvin was saying and the fact it might be delayed due to bugs/polishing/whatever you want to call it, has me a little gunshy now.  I might just stick with the PC version that can be patched....

So my launch lineup:

Madden
DOA4
Kameo
NBA Live or 2k6
Oblivion (if by some miracle they are able to get it out this year)

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 02:25:03 AM »

1) Kameo -- Played the demo at wal-mart, I might check it out used, looks like a 3-d platformer to me.

2) Call of Duty 2 -- not a console shooter guy

3) Quake 4 -- aren't you listening? Not a console shooter guy.

4) Tony Hawk's American Wasteland -- "No way." <- what he said

5) Gun -- huh?

6) Tiger Woods -- maybe next year, golf is a filler for me

7) Need for Speed: Most wanted -- played the xbox demo, it's a buy.

8] FIFA Soccer -- no soccer for me

9) Madden -- maybe just for curiosity's sake

10, 11) NBA Live and NBA 2K6 -- nope

12) Amped 3 -- definite buy, I'm an amped guy not an ssx guy (and I'm a snowboarder)

13) Project Gotham Racing 3 -- not a chance... that I'd pass this one up

14) Perfect Dark Zero -- nah

15) Dead or Alive 4 -- used, just to play a little single player and watch the high-def jiggling and panty flashes

16) King Kong -- no clue

17) NHL 2K6 -- Nope

18] Condemned -- Huh? Same as Gun, dunno anything about it.. I guess that's why sequels rule eh?

19) Ridge Racer 6 -- maybe, haven't played a ridge racer since... ps1 maybe?

20) Oblivion - my PC is starting to run into crash issues in all games, make make this a console purchase as I must play it.

As soon as available:
Amped 3
Most Wanted
PGR3
Oblivion

Eventually:
Tiger Woods
Madden
DOA4
maybe Kameo

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 06:43:22 AM »

I'm starting to consider whether to pick-up my 360 right away or let someone else grab it and wait.  Originally I planned to get Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, and Perfect Dark Zero and later added Condemed to that list.  However, I have a pretty good PC, so now this is what I'm looking at:

Oblivion: looks like it might be delayed, could get on PC.

Call of Duty 2: picked it up for PC already.

Quake 4: could get on PC, not that great of reviews.

Perfect Dark Zero: like what I saw in person a few weeks ago but all the negative hype is scaring me away.

Condemed: still looks good.

I'm kind of thinking the backwards compatibility could be what sways me one way or another.  If a bunch of the titles already released this fall work on it I could add those to my list of games to justify buying the system since I've missed a lot after trading my XBox in a few months ago.  If the backwards compatibility is really limited, I may just wait and get the 360 later.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
depward

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 06:47:33 AM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
I'm starting to consider whether to pick-up my 360 right away or let someone else grab it and wait.

Get it anyways if you have the money.  Then think about it.  If you want to wait, sell it on Ebay.  You'll most likely make a nice profit due to the limited first shipment.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 06:51:11 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
Quote from: "Sarkus"
I'm starting to consider whether to pick-up my 360 right away or let someone else grab it and wait.

Get it anyways if you have the money.  Then think about it.  If you want to wait, sell it on Ebay.  You'll most likely make a nice profit due to the limited first shipment.

This is my fallback plan.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 11:23:16 AM »

1) Kameo -- out

2) Call of Duty 2 -- Rather play it on my PC and I am smile

3) Quake 4 -- never been into Quake give me UT

4) Tony Hawk's American Wasteland -- "No way." I concur! What he said

5) Gun -- This is a maybe for me.  The writes up  seem good

6) Tiger Woods -- I'm a Hotshots Golf man myself so I'm out

7) Need for Speed: Most wanted -- Doubt it.  Give me Burno Out

8] FIFA Soccer -- nope, never been into soccer

9) Madden -- I'm in! Only cause I am getting it free my 360 that I won!

10, 11) NBA Live and NBA 2K6 --  OUT!

12) Amped 3 -- OUT!

13) Project Gotham Racing 3 -- Maybe, want to see how it plays first
14) Perfect Dark Zero -- maybe,  I have fond memories of the orginal

15) Dead or Alive 4 -- Soul Calibur 4tw!

16) King Kong -- OUT!

17) NHL 2K6 -- OUT!

18] Condemned -- Maybe, it has gotten some gereat ink so far, but I'm holding off

19) Ridge Racer 6 --Out!

20) Oblivion - This is a serious toss up for me.  I want it, but my PC can handle it as well.  Again, I may buy as I like RPG on my console as well

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 01:26:53 PM »

Sadly all Im REALLY interested in is PDZ and KAMEO.

As wonderful as Project Gotham looks... I bought the first two and havent played each of them more than an hour.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 03:22:17 PM »

It is good to see I'm not the only one with waning enthusiasm.

For me, the 360 is a must buy now because in 6-12 months it'll be out of the question to spend that much money.  What I'm going to play on it though?

Oblivion the big reason I want it.  Honestly, I can wait if it means it'll be a better experience though.

So right now I'm generally tossing up between Kameo, CoD2, Condemmed, and Gun.  Just based on history though, I can't help put think Condemmed and Gun will be easily found used in 3-4 months (even though they both look like my kind of game).  CoD2 I may get with the thought it'll have some good Xbox Live legs (I'm sure it would run on my PC, I just prefer the console).  It'll probably break down to what game I'm in the mood for on whatever day my Xbox actually arrives at EB (or, if I decide to try to hit Target that morning and try my luck).

But I'm almost in the 'try to sell it on Ebay' crowd, if it really is that popular and I get one early enough...  With these games, I -can- wait a couple months.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 09:33:08 PM »

1) Kameo -- Looks fun and will be a launch day purchase for me.

2) Call of Duty 2 -- waiting until I can see it at a walmart near me, does anyone know if any walmarts in the houston area have the 360 yet.

3) Quake 4 -- I am considering this for online play since my only PC is a laptop with an intel graphics card frown

4) Tony Hawk's American Wasteland -- not too interested in this unless it gets rave reviews

5) Gun -- looks interesting but I will wait to hear how this is first

6) Tiger Woods -- maybe next year I am not too into realistic golf games and would rather have a hot shots golf game.

7) Need for Speed: Most wanted -- I am up in the air on this since I am going to get PGR3 it is hard to justify another racer unless it is just that good

8] FIFA Soccer -- I like soccer but will wait on this one

9) Madden -- will get it just to play next gen football even if next years will be better

10, 11) NBA Live and NBA 2K6 -- waiting for reviews so I can decide which one will be the best of the two

12) Amped 3 -- I havent thought much about this one so I will probably get it after launch after reading reviews

13) Project Gotham Racing 3 -- definate must buy

14) Perfect Dark Zero -- I really want to get this game but the negative previews have me worried that it is not going to be the game I am expecting.

15) Dead or Alive 4 -- will get this for lack of a good fighter and it will be good eye candy to show off system on my new HDTV

16) King Kong -- not too interested unless it has great reviews

17) NHL 2K6 -- I ill wait for review to decide on this one

18] Condemned -- I wasnt considering this but now that it is getting good word of mouth might pick it up.

19) Ridge Racer 6 -- Too many other racers out at launch for me to get this one since it seems like the least interesting of the launch racers

20) Oblivion - will get this the day it comes out but not to confident that it will be alaunch title

so for me it will be:
Madden 06
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero or COD2 or Quake 4 (I havent decided which FPS to get yet but I wont be getting all of them at launch)
DOA 4
Oblivion (the day it comes out)

of course this list will probably change as the release day gets here and I get more info on the games
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2005, 09:51:20 PM »

1) Kameo -- If the game turns out to be a Zelda clone and it gets good reviews, I'll probably buy it.

2) Call of Duty 2 -- PC Demo crashed on my laptop, so I might get this or Quake 4, depending on reviews.

3) Quake 4 - As above, I'll probably get this or CoD2.

4) THAW - I don't play sports games

5) Gun - Intrigued, but I can't imagine this game being very good. Definitely OUT! unless it gets ungodly review scores.

6) Tiger Woods - I don't play sports games

7) NFS: MOst Wanted -- I dislike sports and racing games

Cool FIFA - Same as above

9) Madden - Diito

10 - 11) NBA LIve/2K6 - See Sports disclaimer above

12) Amped 3 - No interest.

13) PGR3 - Don't play sports/racing games

14)Perfect Dark Zero - If this game turns out to be a run'n'gun with a strong single-player with lots of gadgets with no vehicles, I'm definitely interested. I can even put up with mediocre gameplay if it has a good story.

15) Dead or Alive 4 - Yuck.

16) King Kong - Even though Michael Ancel is involved, I can't imagine this ending up as anything but a cheap cash-in on the movie. Gameplay in the demo seemed terribly simplistic.

17) NHL 2K6 - No sports games for me.

18) Condemned - I like most of Monolith's games, so if this gets good reviews I'll probably pick it up at some point.

19) Ridge Racer 6 - No racing games for me.

20) Oblivion - I disliked Morrowind but will probably buy this on day one just for the graphics alone.

Day 1 Purchases (assuming the games aren't trashed in reviews):
Kameo
CoD 2 / Quake 4
PDZ

Maybes
Condemned

Of course, all this depends on whether I can find a console on launch day. I didn't pre-order.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: