http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 10:17:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF? Circuit City selling Xbox 360 this Friday????  (Read 1373 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2005, 01:28:39 AM »

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000653067811/

Update: more details. According to a Circuit City customer service rep we just spoke to, every physical Circuit City location will be selling the console this Friday at 2pm ET. Just to be sure, we called again and spoke to a second rep: “Yes, it will be available this Friday at 2pm ET online as well as at our stores.”

What the hell...

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 01:30:40 AM »

I trust Joystiq about as far as I can throw the internet, so additional confirmation would be nice. smile Thanks Hetz for volunteering to call Circuit City up first thing in the morning and finding out for us. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:37:38 AM »

Here's Circuit City's Page saying they are going to be available.  I wonder how MS will feel about this if they are actually selling the console and not just doing pre-orders.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 01:46:56 AM »

Do you think they passed  the money hat to MS or something to allow early sales of the system?

I still think it is a mixup and the Friday thing is just for online orders, which will arrive on the 21st or 22nd.

The CSR's probabily are clueless about this and just agreed with whatever was on the website.

Harry F. Ishnuts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 01:56:56 AM »

According to the article C.C is only selling bundles.

This should be a nice fight if they really try to sell the 360s before Microsoft's official launch date.

-HFI-
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 02:50:28 AM »

Just like I thought, ONLINE orders only:

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=95244&ran=28824

Circuit City will make a “limited supply” of the units available on its Web site starting at 2 p.m. Nov. 18. Those purchases won’t ship until Nov. 21, so customers cannot get the system before the launch day. They can pay extra for overnight shipping so it arrives on the 22nd. Otherwise, shipping is free from Circuit City for any online purchase of more than $25.

Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 03:02:36 AM »

Stupid bullshit bundles again with stupid bullshit games.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 06:40:26 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Just like I thought, ONLINE orders only:

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=95244&ran=28824

Circuit City will make a “limited supply” of the units available on its Web site starting at 2 p.m. Nov. 18. Those purchases won’t ship until Nov. 21, so customers cannot get the system before the launch day. They can pay extra for overnight shipping so it arrives on the 22nd. Otherwise, shipping is free from Circuit City for any online purchase of more than $25.

WHOA WHOA WHOA good job Hetzie. I was wondernig about this and you sniffed it out damn quick. It still might be worth getting and selling though, eh? Why not, just include the games with the package? I am sure it will be hard to get...but it sure as shit beats waiting out in the cold.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 03:53:43 PM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"

one of those bundles has precisely the games I want... I just don't want the bullshit universal remote (or second controller for that matter)

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 05:19:21 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"

one of those bundles has precisely the games I want... I just don't want the bullshit universal remote (or second controller for that matter)

Ditto.  Might still be worth it though... I have a preorder at Gamespot, but its a 2nd shipment SKU and I'm going to be out of town on Thanksgiving weekend.  Sucky.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 07:14:58 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"

Ditto.  Might still be worth it though... I have a preorder at Gamespot, but its a 2nd shipment SKU and I'm going to be out of town on Thanksgiving weekend.  Sucky.

gellar

Order shipment. Return items you do not want at other store. Retail chain adapts, life goes on for all of us biggrin I am definately going to do this if I get it in time.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 08:22:59 PM »

I probably missed this, but what are the bundles?

---
XBox Live: ScottW
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 08:51:57 PM »

try this link for the bundles

This would be my choice
Gold package
-Includes-
• Xbox 360 Premium System
• Additional wireless controller
• Universal remote
• Project Gotham Racing® 3
• Need for Speed: Most Wanted

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 09:45:40 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Quote from: "gellar"

gellar

Order shipment. Return items you do not want at other store. Retail chain adapts, life goes on for all of us biggrin I am definately going to do this if I get it in time.

Yeah... we'll see.  It's on my calendar as something I'll check on Friday, but my Gamespot has yet to actually confirm my preorder date, so I'm still hoping I may get it on the 22nd.

I'm going to give them a call tonight, but the customer service there is typically total crap.

gellar
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 12:32:58 AM »

Thanks for link.   Doesn't the premium system have a remote in it?  Is Circuit City giving a bundle with two remotes?

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Harry F. Ishnuts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 02:26:04 AM »

C.C. is just jacking with everyone. On Friday they will take limited pre-orders. You can't buy the actual machine until the 22nd.

http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gaming/circuit-city-selling-xbox-360-on-friday-136976.php

-HFI-
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: