http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 05:21:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wtf.  (Read 918 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »

I was reading in a bed and stumbled apon this...http://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2013/12/23/xbox-one-vs-ps4-the-results-are-in/

It's so inaccurate and well.. Just read it. am I wrong?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:32:19 AM »

Before any of you click that link and give the site the benefit of earning money on you doing so, just read the following quote from the article to see just how useless it is:

The biggest lure for the PS4 surrounds the associated game. Grand Theft Auto 5 is closely connected with the PS4 and was designed specifically for this technologically. GTA5 is one of the most popular games of all time, which is really helping the PS4 beat the Xbox in terms of sales and popularity.

The author doesn't even begin to have the slightest idea what she's talking about. She rambles, with every statement being vague and non-committal, without really reaching a point. She messes up the technical facts (she states that the Xbox One is the most technologically advanced of the two new consoles at one point, and she's not just talking about Kinect), and gives the overall impression of not caring about games, technology or the economy behind either.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 27, 2013, 09:32:19 AM

Before any of you click that link and give the site the benefit of earning money on you doing so, just read the following quote from the article to see just how useless it is:

The biggest lure for the PS4 surrounds the associated game. Grand Theft Auto 5 is closely connected with the PS4 and was designed specifically for this technologically. GTA5 is one of the most popular games of all time, which is really helping the PS4 beat the Xbox in terms of sales and popularity.

The author doesn't even begin to have the slightest idea what she's talking about. She rambles, with every statement being vague and non-committal, without really reaching a point. She messes up the technical facts (she states that the Xbox One is the most technologically advanced of the two new consoles at one point, and she's not just talking about Kinect), and gives the overall impression of not caring about games, technology or the economy behind either.

Thankyou. I was too tired to state alot that. Plus, lying in bed, the wife tends to dislike "click.click.click." icon_eek

So this isn't a joke!?!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on December 27, 2013, 04:16:14 PM

So this isn't a joke!?!

It could be some kind of troll article like Something Awful's "Truth Media Reviews", but it didn't really read like it. I'm not familiar with the site though.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »

Clearly you guys don't understand how important GTAV was to PS4.

Tongue
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 06:38:38 PM »

Just think of it like this...they likely got PAID to write that article.   If you were this grossly inaccurate in your daily job, how long would you have it?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 12:08:15 AM »

I bought a PS4 and a Wii U because of the wild popularity of GTAV.  Damn that game! 
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 12:38:03 AM »

So she's a part time meteorologist? Good fit! slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 01:59:46 AM »

Quote from: Amanda Walters
Sony was banking on the PS4 being a huge success to reinvigorate the brand and so far the PS4 has certainly helped.

Can't argue with that: Sony's launch of the PS4 would have done far less to reinvigorate the brand if the PS4 did not exist.

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 27, 2013, 06:38:38 PM

Just think of it like this...they likely got PAID to write that article.   If you were this grossly inaccurate in your daily job, how long would you have it?

Not long, that's for damn sure.  Consider how massive the game industry has grown over the last decade.  If even a small percentage of the generation raised with gaming consoles as an integral part of their home entertainment experience has the talent and passion to write about game industry, there's a *massive* amount of competition out there for a paying gig.

Hell, take a look at all the people who put their heart and soul into doing it for free.  Nobody posting to the main page of GamingTrend makes a dime off it, yet they're cranking out new content every day because they want to share their love of the hobby with others.  Any one of them could have produced a superior article in about fifteen minutes.

It's literally impossible that woman's tech writing career will survive this.  She slipped this one through for a quick payout, but once the people who signed her check realize what kind of vague, inaccurate, inexcusably lazy blather she passed off as "work," she'll be completely frozen out.  No one, and I mean no one is going to pay for that sort of shameful work ethic when there are so many more eager, more talented people champing at the bit to-

On second thought, I think Amanda Walters' career is going to be just fine.

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:01:25 AM by Autistic Angel » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 02:23:53 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on December 27, 2013, 05:46:49 PM

Clearly you guys don't understand how important GTAV was to PS4.

Tongue

it doomed the Xbox!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »

We should sue! Roll Eyes
Harpua3

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 10:06:44 AM »

Quote from: Purge on December 28, 2013, 12:38:03 AM

So she's a part time meteorologist? Good fit! slywink

That speaks volumes...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on December 28, 2013, 10:05:27 AM

We should sue! Roll Eyes
or riot!

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »

It's just clickbait and now I'm angry at Harpua3 for making me give her another click.  icon_evil mad
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 02:39:12 PM »

The content may be lacking, but at least the article is well written, no run-on sentences, typoes, and I didn't see any inconsistency in sentence subjects.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 03:41:43 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on December 28, 2013, 02:39:12 PM

The content may be lacking, but at least the article is well written, no run-on sentences, typoes, and I didn't see any inconsistency in sentence subjects.

That this stands out is almost as worrying as the article's contents themselves.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »

My plan worked! I am really this woman and I got more hits off of his website than from anywhere on the webs!
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on December 28, 2013, 02:39:12 PM

I suck at English, yet the incorrect use of "too" in the third paragraph was pretty glaring.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on December 28, 2013, 05:15:22 PM

My plan worked! I am really this woman and I got more hits off of his website than from anywhere on the webs!

I hate his website.

Because I can,
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 06:55:52 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 28, 2013, 10:54:37 PM

I hate his website.

Over my head.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 11:38:23 PM »

I didn't bother with the article after seeing the comments but on a side note, who was the picture of that cute sleeping guy?  Did I miss something?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 01:32:41 AM »

That's Giant Bomb's Brad Shoemaker.  He is so popular and widely respected, thanks to his many signature contributions that definitely exist, that he can occasionally fall asleep on camera during a live broadcast without losing a shred of his credibility...much less getting fired for being less useful than a sack full of armpits.

Brad's distinctive blend of work ethic, communication skills, and respect for the profession have catapulted him to the highest echelons of game criticism.  It's all the inspiration Amanda Walters could ever possibly need.

-Autistic Angel
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:56 AM »

"Sack full of armpits". That's new to me. That's a wierd sack.

Useless! Ha! They bend. They can be hairy and they are warm. Potentially wet even... I painted a bad picture...

Oh. Yeah. He's cute??? I dig the ladies but if I didn't that wouldn't do it for me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:00:22 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 05:21:53 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on December 29, 2013, 06:55:52 AM

I hate his website.

Over my head.

like many things biggrin

Because I can,
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 07:44:18 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 30, 2013, 05:21:53 AM

Quote from: Harpua3 on December 29, 2013, 06:55:52 AM

I hate his website.

Over my head.

like many things biggrin

Hey you meany I'm, well, not... Argh. You are correct sir. icon_confused
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 05:47:27 PM »

So much wrong about that article, don't even no where to begin. I go by which console is harder to come by in my area to determine who's leading. Having followed the trends closely in the past 2 previous gens, my city isn't much different than other NA cities other than Nintendo's consoles seem to be a bit more popular here. The trends in my city also haven't been much different than the EU for the past 2 gens. PS4's aren't available in any of my local stores, whereas I can walk into any big box retailer and pick up an XBox One.

So I'm saying the PS4 is leading the XBox One, no need to dive into a full blown diatribe full of inaccuracies and fluff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: