http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 11:55:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF 360, what did you do to WE9 (and now Saints Row) you BASTARD!!!  (Read 2192 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:47:29 AM »

I decided to play some Table Tennis a little while ago and popped out my copy of Winning Eleven 9 and HOLY SHIT, what did my 360 DO to my copy of WE9!?

I remember there being a really strange 20-second pause before kickoff in my previous game...so maybe the deed was done during that time.  I had played one race (all I need to know I hate the game) of a rented copy of Moto GP '06 and it froze on me.  So I blame this on fucking Moto GP '06.  

Please God let WE9 still work!

:  AWESOME BC MICROSOFT - THANKS
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:01:33 AM by TheMissingLink » Logged

TheMissingLink on PSN
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:08:16 AM »

Do not touch the 360 when it is on.

The first day I had a 360 I decided to rearrange my entertainment center while admiring PGR3 in demo mode.  This involved moving the unit while it was on.  The exact same thing happened in the same spot on the disc.

I haven't moved the 360 since and have had no problems with any of my other discs.

A shame since I was going to kill you at that game.  Again.

Strategy guide for Kingdom Hearts II.  I knew you were weak.  Invader Zim and Persona 2 almost makes up for it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:24:45 AM »

I didn't move the console - I know this!

THANKFULLY, the game plays...I have no idea how.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 12:11:19 PM »

Whoa. And ouch.

Reminds me of the time my 360 drilled a hole about the size of a dime almost through my copy of PGR3.

Amazed that the game still works though. Apparently there's no data to read beyond that point on the disc.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 01:05:15 PM »

Destructor... it's a Speed Hole. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »

Wow.  I had my PS2 do that exact thing to my copy of SSX.  Unfortunately the disc was hosed and I had to buy a new one.  Lucky!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 02:47:05 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"

:lol:

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »

Fortunately, there are places that will take a CD and run a special machine on them that'll usually fix scratches, even really deep ones.

I'm fortunately to have a place nearby that'll do this for a few dollars, and with all the disc eating consoles between my friends and I, we've used the service a lot.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 08:17:21 PM »

I once kicked a Dreamcast that had a copy of NFL2k1 playing.  Yeah, the disc apparently dislodged and the center spinny thing pretty much made some holes into the disc.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 09:33:38 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"

My copy of PGR3 played fine until I opened up a new set of tracks.  I felt like I was playing a demo and I had to pay to continue.

Console mover.

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 09:52:22 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

My copy of PGR3 played fine until I opened up a new set of tracks.  I felt like I was playing a demo and I had to pay to continue.

Same here on PGR3, I have had no problems with other discs so I can only think I moved the 360 during operation and don't remember it.   I have the exact same wear pattern
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 02:50:16 AM »

Quote from: "Purge"

Terrible. Just terrible. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »

The first day I had a 360 I decided to rearrange my entertainment center while admiring PGR3 in demo mode.  This involved moving the unit while it was on.  The exact same thing happened in the same spot on the disc.

I haven't moved the 360 since and have had no problems with any of my other discs.

Strategy guide for Kingdom Hearts II.  I knew you were weak.  Invader Zim and Persona 2 almost makes up for it.

You have WE9?  Why didn't you say so on the Sports Forum?  I need someone else to play other than TML.  He can't beat me!   :twisted:

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 06:17:26 PM »

this happened to my copy of star wars battlefront 2 on xbox 1...it was only 2 days old so i took it back and the guy said that he would exchange it...but it would most likely be my xbox,he said that the main reason it does that is that the console is being moved while reading the disc

so i have made sure for that not to happen,both xbox 1 and 360...it hasnt happened since

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 09:38:29 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
You have WE9?  Why didn't you say so on the Sports Forum?  I need someone else to play other than TML.  He can't beat me!   :twisted:

I'm only good enough to beat TML.  Whether I could compete with you depends on how bad you beat him.  For some reason I have totally lost my touch with this game.  All the sudden I'm having trouble scoring.  Unfortunately it looks as if the cure (playing TML) is no longer available.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 10:49:18 PM »

I decided to play some Table Tennis a little while ago and popped out my copy of Winning Eleven 9 and HOLY SHIT, what did my 360 DO to my copy of WE9!?

I remember there being a really strange 20-second pause before kickoff in my previous game...so maybe the deed was done during that time.  I had played one race (all I need to know I hate the game) of a rented copy of Moto GP '06 and it froze on me.  So I blame this on fucking Moto GP '06.  

Please God let WE9 still work!

:  AWESOME BC MICROSOFT - THANKS

What a terrifying picture.

Band aids, a cast off plastic container, faux wood furniture, manflops in the lower right, weird shoe on the foot of the denimed leg, various cartridges scattered about, soiled mous pads and the corner of some cheap clock radio from which one could assume all types of britney spears pours forth.... <shudders>
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 11:01:42 PM »

You haven't played me lately - I am unstoppable with the Ukraine!

TheMissingLink on PSN
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 01:13:51 AM »

You haven't played me lately - I am unstoppable with the Ukraine!

Pfft!

You and Stiffler both need to bring it!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 02:27:17 AM »

For those who had problem with XBOX 360 destroying disc, what dvd-rom drive do your XBOX 360 have? Hitachi-LG (have a lot of holes in the tray) or Toshiba-Samsung?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 03:14:59 AM »

Does WE9 have a create-a-player mode?  I want to create a fat Ronaldo and use him to embarrass the opposition.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 02:48:02 PM »

Does WE9 have a create-a-player mode?  I want to create a fat Ronaldo and use him to embarrass the opposition.

:lol:

Stiffler, pr0ner, I'm game tonight / tomorrow night.  Just let me know (YOU KNOW HOW, the both's of you's).

TheMissingLink on PSN
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 11:16:47 PM »

I'm IN!

If we can ever hook up.  You are a wily one...

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 11:26:51 PM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"
For those who had problem with XBOX 360 destroying disc, what dvd-rom drive do your XBOX 360 have? Hitachi-LG (have a lot of holes in the tray) or Toshiba-Samsung?

I can't answer that one Victoria since that 360 has since died the shameful death of 3 red lights and I have a replacement.  I can only say no other disc has had a problem so I may have done it myself but I don't know how.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 05:01:14 AM »

Shit.

Saints Row wouldn't load up, it would stay stuck on the loading screen, so I popped the disc out to blow on it or whatever, and lo and behold, same messed up ring.  :/

I got it at Wal-Mart, so I'm going to try to see if they can replace it as defective or something....

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 05:14:42 AM »

This has happened to me on the 360 with: Madden 2007, GRAW (2 discs), Top Spin 2, and Burnout Revenge. It sucks.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 06:08:37 AM »

NEW COPY ATTAINED, phew.

I hope it stops doing that.  I went ahead and made the switch from the console being vertical to horizontal...seems like it'll be more stable this way.

TheMissingLink on PSN
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 12:46:06 PM »

I had kept my console vertical -- I had the similar mishap with Madden 06.  I've since kept it exclusively horizontal, and no issues since December (knock wood)

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 27, 2006, 10:49:18 PM

What a terrifying picture.

Band aids, a cast off plastic container, faux wood furniture, manflops in the lower right, weird shoe on the foot of the denimed leg, various cartridges scattered about, soiled mous pads and the corner of some cheap clock radio from which one could assume all types of britney spears pours forth.... <shudders>

LOL I was going to say the same thing..  Looks like slippers to me, but those double stacked soiled mouse pads have me concerned.  I am still trying to figure out what they gel looking rectangle item is in the upper left.

Reminds me of that time I saw an Ebay auction with a guy selling a silver teapot, unfortunately the reflection in the teapot revealed a 300lb naked hairy guy taking the picture.   

Edit: Ahh, I found it;

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 01:27:43 PM »

I am wearing (lovingly-worn-out) slippers, to the right is a pair of flipflops, the soilage is from coffee, the rectangular packaging in the corner is from Chap-Stick.

It's a temporary place till I move out; man, lots of Christopher Lowell's in the house...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 04:28:42 AM »

The first 360 I bought scratched up my saints row, oblivion, and a few of my music CDs...Best Buy exchanged my system, and my 2 games.  I only had it a week, and apparently I wasnt the only one with this problem.  The girl at the service desk said that a bunch of 360s came back with the same problem. eek

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2006, 02:28:15 PM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher on September 24, 2006, 04:28:42 AM

The first 360 I bought scratched up my saints row, oblivion, and a few of my music CDs...Best Buy exchanged my system, and my 2 games.  I only had it a week, and apparently I wasnt the only one with this problem.  The girl at the service desk said that a bunch of 360s came back with the same problem. eek

Same thing happened with the PS2 launch when I was an EB manager.  We sold about 200 of them.  We had roughly 190 come back within 2-3 days.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: