http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:11:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WRC FIA World Rally Championship 2 [PC/360/PS3]  (Read 277 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2013, 05:06:14 PM »

Just got this in the mail (down here in Florida) from a distributor up in Canada. It's the 360 version. Although the box is labeled "PAL" the listing in Amazon said it was "Xbox 360 Region Free" and indeed it is, running on my NTSC system.

I know there's not a lot of interest in racing games, and even less in rally games Roll Eyes, but for those like me with wimpy PC rigs but having a 360, at least this game is available. I'll post impressions after a while.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:14:31 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:01:21 AM »

I've gotten in about three hours on it. It's pretty good, at least in that the stages are longer that in Dirt 3 and the cars "feel" right. The campaign mode, "Road to the WRC", is interesting in a tycoon game sort of way in that you hire staff, do research, look for sponsors, and go through a lot of menus to do it. Still, it's more involving than just running rallies. The graphics are a little muddy, but I can live with that. So, nothing earth-shattering, but decent.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 12:32:44 AM »

Thanks for the impressions, JZ.  I have considered buying both this game and WRC3 for the PC online, but keep resisting hoping they will come out on Steam or hit the consoles in the US. 

Good to hear that there is more to the career than just running rallies.  I really like rally games but I'm not particularly good at them sometimes.   disgust

Are you just playing with the normal 360 controller?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 01:12:28 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 27, 2013, 12:32:44 AM

Are you just playing with the normal 360 controller?

Yup, just the standard controller and it seems to work fine, no funkiness like over-controlling or poor scaling of inputs.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 01:45:53 AM »

Regarding concerns on difficulty... there's quite a wide range of adjustment for AI difficulty, so you can challenge yourself without making it too hard, or just turn the AI all the way down to be sure to win all the events. There are quite a lot of them on the "Road to the WRC", I've played several hours and I'm only 4% complete. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of repetition of courses, but so long as they switch up the classes that will be fine.

Also the number of rewinds is adjustable as well. So far I haven't seen any real penalty in the game for lowering the AI or increasing the number of rewinds. Maybe they really do intent to make the game accessible to everyone, that's nice.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 04:08:01 AM »

What is it like to actually drive a WRC rally stage? Watch this dash-cam video as Nasser Al-Attiyah runs in the WRC Rally Portugal last month. Amazing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: