http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 11:37:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW Patch Now!!!  (Read 3976 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2004, 05:38:08 PM »

Quote from: "jessie"
They won't know how bad the barrens sucked at one point.  All they'll know is that the game thats in their hands is fun.

What used to suck about the Barrens?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2004, 05:44:39 PM »

Quote from: "Torfish"

I guess that lady had better hope her enemies are so distracted they just swing directly at her chest or crotch!   biggrin

Oh, as an aside, when do you start finding those cool helmets and headgear?  Is that all really high level stuff or what?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2004, 05:49:02 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Quote from: "jessie"
They won't know how bad the barrens sucked at one point.  All they'll know is that the game thats in their hands is fun.

What used to suck about the Barrens?

two words: PROWLER CLAWS

I haven't really been there since the Tri-Horde push, so I'm looking forward to seeing it in depth come launch.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2004, 05:54:52 PM »

I played for about a week in the first stress test, and have been playing in the most recent stress test/OB for about 4 days now.  In that time, I've never gotten a character higher than say 12 or so since I keep starting new ones over and over.

While most of the experienced players continue to complain about the changes that have been pushed forward, as some said earlier, a new player isn't going to care one whit.  He'll only know this game is fun fun fun.

I trust Blizzard to fix any glaring problems or imbalances that have been put into place.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2004, 07:18:12 PM »

Out of curiosity-I've seen a lot of people mentioning the nerfing of mages, warlocks, etc., seemingly casters in gerneral, and complaining that they run out of mana very quickly and that now they need reagents which cost money.

Haven't seen the shaman class mentioned though. Do these problems apply to shamans as well?

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2004, 07:19:27 PM »

Mages are definitely not shunned in high level groups.  Every BRD/BRS/Strat run I have ever done, a Mage was mandatory for success.  And they were an additive class as well, so sometimes we had two and that was even better.

As for the armor look on that Paladin, some high level plate stuff has always been like that.  I cant say I have seen those pants before, but I have seen a different metal thong and a stocking and garters look before.  That chestpiece graphic has been in for a while, and there is another high level one that looks similar, but is gold instead of blue.

olaf
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2004, 07:57:13 PM »

Quote from: "Gryndyl"
Out of curiosity-I've seen a lot of people mentioning the nerfing of mages, warlocks, etc., seemingly casters in gerneral, and complaining that they run out of mana very quickly and that now they need reagents which cost money.

Haven't seen the shaman class mentioned though. Do these problems apply to shamans as well?
Shamen can wear up to Mail armor, so a little mana loss here and there is laughable considering they can actually take hits.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2004, 09:00:30 PM »

Quote from: "olaf"
Mages are definitely not shunned in high level groups.  Every BRD/BRS/Strat run I have ever done, a Mage was mandatory for success.  And they were an additive class as well, so sometimes we had two and that was even better.

As for the armor look on that Paladin, some high level plate stuff has always been like that.  I cant say I have seen those pants before, but I have seen a different metal thong and a stocking and garters look before.  That chestpiece graphic has been in for a while, and there is another high level one that looks similar, but is gold instead of blue.

olaf

I would expect a lot more difficulty finding mages now. Our utility has been devastated by reagents, and simply put, there are no less than 3 other classes that outdamage the "highest DPS class" in the game with ease.

The ONLY thing I like about this patch is taht I enjoy my mid 20s warrior more. Dual wielding actually looked like it did more damage, my defense went up an assload, and the new skills are very cool. If Blizz doesnt seriously consider revamping the reagent system and upping mage DPS, I will be a warrior. I will still enjoy WoW, because the basic system is still very sound, and the item decay on death, while a needless time and money sink that seems to follow the trend of assinine "make the game more like EQ and more work than fun" is not a big enough deal to ruin the game for me.

I will still play it, and still enjoy it, but sweeping core design changes that make a game that trumpeted the "fun" and "casual" aspects of MMORPGs and had me excited for the genre, and takes those changes and basically says: "no, our game needs to be harder [why? cause powergamers got to 60 in 10 days played...thats 240 hours you freaking lunatics!!!!] So, to be harder and "edgier" and to compete with EQ2, they put in timesinks, moneysinks, and funsinks.

Maybe that guy who said not being in the beta is a blessing is correct. You will enjoy a fun, polished game on retail, but my friend, you will never know just how incredibly fun and different this game almost was. You will never know how close Blizzard was to getting a "casual" MMORPG formula down pat.

I'm not a disgruntled fan. I am a consumer, I am critic (if 7 years of writing about games gets me one thing, its the right to at least critique games without being called a fanboi), and I despise the fact that Blizzard didnt have the balls to stick to their original design document and vision.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2004, 09:23:33 PM »

Nice metal thong, I can only imagine how effective it must be in combat...and comfortable...and cold in the winter.  Why even wear anything if you're going to wear that?  Go celtic and fight naked!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: